I finally understand why Jews try to trick God

Author: WyIted

Total: 103
WyIted
Debates: 27
WyIted
We all know jews try to trick God with things like having an elevator automatically open up on a floor they are heading to as a technicality against breaking a rule or putting a string up outside and then declaring the outside inside. 

At first I thought, these people are assholes, but then a Jewish friend explained it to me this way.

God is an asshole, which is well documented in the old Testament

The asshole requires jews to follow very specific laws

The laws were written by an asshole and thus are not designed to scale easily into new situations.

Jewish religious scholars, therefore, need to figure out actual laws to make sure they don't get fucked over by their asshole god. This process of figuring out if the real laws (in the Talmud) are fulfilling the requirements of The Asshole's laws (in the Torah) is what "pilpul" is

Since their god is a dick the jews only follow the letter of the laws, not the spirit. Why be considerate when your god is the equivalent to the ATF writing bullshit laws to fuck you over?

The silly tricks you see are this, following the letter of the law in a way that still lets jews do the stuff they want to do

I really gotta say that Judiasm makes a lot more sense once you realize that Jews don't actually LIKE their God even though they follow his commandments. It's like if you lived under an oppressive government.  

WyIted
WyIted
This really explains why they are obsessed with the letter of the law than the spirit. 

It's like if you leave a kid in a room with a cookie jar and tell him not to open the cookie jar but he trains the dog to knock it down and break it so he can eat all the cookies. A normal parent would just punish him anyway because your obvious intention was to ban him from cookies, but the Jewish God is cool with thus because he is autistic or something and can be fooled with technicalities 
rosends
Debates: 0
rosends
it is fun to watch people jealous of Jews and Judaism invent fantasies to feed their delusions and sense of inferiority.

I hope that people who have any actual questions and recognize the need to learn instead of spewing stupidity will ask questions and create opportunities for intellectual advancement and growth.

Meanwhile, I will just watch insanity from the sidelines.
rosends
rosends
here is some relevant and fun reading

Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@rosends
Don't worry, Wylted trolls everyone.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@rosends
it is fun to watch people jealous of Jews and Judaism invent fantasies to feed their delusions and sense of inferiority.
I am not jealous. I grew up in poverty and everyone around me has always been wealthier than me. Maybe I was jealous of people not in poverty but that's a lot of different types of people. 

You haven't even stated you disagreed with what I said about God being an asshole. Maybe you can't give an honest opinion because it would make God mad.

I did recently see a book where a rabbi said that Jews would pray in Aramaic to trick God because he couldn't understand Aramaic and so they could pray for things like the deaths of their enemies. 

I think if I recall correctly it was a Jewish writer of a book called something similar to "A 3000 year history of Judaism". I might be way off, I will consult my notes
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@rosends
So anyway God commanded no candles on the sabbath. Clearly this is intended to forbid indoor lighting on the sabbath. How is using sabbath lights actually obey the spirit of the law to eradicate indoor lighting on the sabbath? 

Remember they did not have a word for light switch back then, nor would god specify light I'm general because of moonlight so it obviously means indoor lighting.
WyIted
WyIted
Oh yeah it was the Birkat HaMinim

There is also a tradition which I have seen in Israel where Jews spit at Christian churches
WyIted
WyIted
Documentation of spitting since she will attempt to lie and say it is untrue 

I also have several videos of how Christians are treated at temple mount
rosends
rosends
God doesn't understand Aramaic? LOL!

Why would Jews pray for the death of enemies if God wouldn't understand the prayer? And Birchat Ha Minim (you clearly don't know what minim are) is in Hebrew...

Your statements about "sabbath lights" just shows more ignorance.

We could then move on to any discussion you want to have about Christians on the temple mount when Muslims are in charge there.

You really are jealous. After all those years living in poverty and needing a scapegoat to account for your obvious failure, you focus on Jews who represent all that you aren't and don't have.

Carry on -- it is fun to watch you chase your tail.

rosends
rosends
-->
@WyIted
as for the spitting, that is a superstition practiced by a fringe group of Jews and is condemned by the mainstream of Judaism.

38 days later

Shila
Shila
-->
@WyIted
I really gotta say that Judiasm makes a lot more sense once you realize that Jews don't actually LIKE their God even though they follow his commandments. It's like if you lived under an oppressive government.  
You might be wrong. Jews LIKE their God it is his commandments they have a problem following. The Jews are the most persecuted people because of their beliefs in their God yet they proclaim Judaism as their religion.
It is the Christians that don’t actually LIKE their God (they crucified him), even though they follow his commandments.

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Shila
The Jews are the most persecuted people because of their beliefs in their God yet they proclaim Judaism as their religion.
Maybe try not always gravitating towards the levers of power and then turning your host countries into degenerate modern day Sodom 
SocraticGregarian96
Debates: 11
SocraticGregarian96
Why do you believe god is those things you used as slang against him? The third commandment not “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain”. You may be frustrated and even feel hatred, which is fine, but you mustn’t curse Him.

Secondly, why? Why do you have such hatred for religion? I’m genuinely curious. 

As for the Jews, I have a few points.

1) "Jewish religious scholars, therefore, need to figure out actual laws to make sure they don't get fucked over by their asshole god.”  This is incorrect. Rabbinic authorities don’t rewrite or "figure out actual laws”, but rather they have developed what is known as the Oral Torah, such as the Gemarah and Talmud. This 'Oral Torah' explains what is known as the ‘Written Torah’. It elaborates and provides clarity, but it doesn’t reconfigure. Furthermore, your notion that this all has to do somehow with the jews hating their “ass hole” and “dick” God is simply wrong. 

2) You said that " the laws were written by an asshole and thus are not designed to scale easily into new situations.”  You do realize that Judaism is the first and most longstanding religion, to this day, right?

3) "Since their god is a dick the jews only follow the letter of the laws, not the spirit.” Still no proof for your claim that “God is a Dick”, but let’s focus on the second part of this quote: “The Jews only follow the letter of the law.” This is not true, as I previously explained how the Oral Torah elaborates on certain laws (like Kosher and Modesty/Tznius) 

4) "following the letter of the law in a way that still lets jews do the stuff they want to do” Give an example. And don’t say raping prisoners, as that is an extreme fringe minority opinion that believes it’s OK.

Side Note: Yes, a lot of the time, Jews do make loopholes within the laws and the Torah, I am not negating that. I am just saying don’t dump on the entire branch of Judaism because of it. Also, why else do you think that Jews make good lawyers? (this is a joke)

5) "I did recently see a book where a rabbi said that Jews would pray in Aramaic to trick God because he couldn't understand Aramaic and so they could pray for things like the deaths of their enemies.” This is again incorrect, as God is all-knowing. He knows every language down to the syllable and beyond.

6) "So anyway God commanded no candles on the sabbath. Clearly this is intended to forbid indoor lighting on the sabbath. How is using sabbath lights actually obey the spirit of the law to eradicate indoor lighting on the sabbath?” Half-right. Yes, G-d forbids making a fire on the Sabbath, this has nothing to do with wanting to forbid indoor lighting, and you are allowed to use “shabbos lights” (lights that go on before the Sabbath and have a shade.). De facto, the reason for banning fire creation on the Sabbath is because it is considered work, not to forbid indoor lighting. 

Side Note (2): Yes, Judaism is complex and tricky and loopholey. That’s why they don’t recommend conversion like Christians and Muslims do. But at some point, if it what you want, it just requires a leap of faith in God. 

7) "There is also a tradition which I have seen in Israel where Jews spit at Christian churches” It’s just one stupid video, and we don’t even know the context. and as rosends states: it is a largely condemned superstition.

I’ll end with this:

do you support Israel or Iran?

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@SocraticGregarian96
the reason for banning fire creation on the Sabbath is because it is considered work, not to forbid indoor lighting. 
Bullshit. Because then he wouldn't have said to not have indoor lights. He already said rest on the sabbath so a separate law against lighting a candle is not needed. He specifically forbid indoor lights. You are trying to determine the reason for the command so you can find loopholes. Just obey.

do you support Israel or Iran?

Israel obviously. 
SocraticGregarian96
SocraticGregarian96
"Bullshit. Because then He (God) wouldn't have said (to the Jews) to not have indoor lights.” God never explicitly says don’t have indoor lights. He says don'r make a fire on Sabbath, because making a fire is considered work.

"He already said rest on the sabbath so a separate law against lighting a candle is not needed.” You’re mixing two things, God said 'rest on Sabbath just as I did when creating the world', as a principle, and then after that, he gave the Jews the 39 melachos (laws of Sabbath), of which to understand this concept. One of the melachos is not to light a fire. This is not because God hates indoor lighting, it’s because he wants to prevent working on the Sabbath. Furthermore, why do you care so much about how Jews illuminate their homes on the Sabbath? Is it just to prove that there are loopholes in Judaism? Sure, I’ll concede that, but what’s your point? As I said, this could be a good lawyer’s skill.

"He specifically forbade indoor lights.” No, He did not. He forbade work, and thus via the 39 melachos forbade fire igntion. Says nothing about “indoor lights”.

"You are trying to determine the reason for the command so you can find loopholes.” Where in this entire discussion have we looked for an intention of reasoning, the answer is we haven’t, and God doesn’t either.

"Just obey.” No. The difference between animals and humans is that animals will mindlessly obey their owner, assuming they have one. Thus, animals are a weapon that could be used either to help society (e.g. trained, police-force K9, being used to sniff out drugs or catch a crook) or used to hurt society (trained to hurt innocent people). In contrast to that, People have minds, and thus mindful thinking is a basic human right. For instance, slaves and POWs don’t have human rights because they can’t think or do for themselves. So when you say “just obey”, you are really saying “take away human rights”. People should be and are free-minded and free-willed. So stop the narrative that we aren’t and that since we aren’t it’s OK to be a mindless dolt. Nobody should “just obey” anything and everything put forth in front of them, because if they did, not only would they be a failure in life, they would not have their own human rights.

One last point, why do you say support Israel? You took the time to create a forum and write multiple paragraphs dogging on Jews and the way they do things (which is fine, by the way. Obviously you can express whatever opinion you want due to the First Amendment and all), but I don’t understand how one can say they support the existence of a Jewish state if they express personal disdain for Jews.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@SocraticGregarian96
One last point, why do you say support Israel? You took the time to create a forum and write multiple paragraphs dogging on Jews and the way they do things (which is fine, by the way. Obviously you can express whatever opinion you want due to the First Amendment and all), but I don’t understand how one can say they support the existence of a Jewish state if they express personal disdain for Jews.
I support them because even if I think the way they engage in their religion is stupid, it's still wrong that they are being targeted for genocide by every country around them. Jews may be annoying, but Islam is an actual genocidal religion
SocraticGregarian96
SocraticGregarian96
Good answer on the Israel/Islam thing. I disagree that they practice their religion stupidly, even though there are a lot of loopholes and it’s tedious and precarious. As someone who understands Jewish culture, and has Jewish friends, trust me when I say that about half of them have good moral character and real values. Also, you’re forgetting that about 70% of Jews aren’t even religious, so the “letter of the law” and “loopholes” aren’t applicable in their lives.

Let me ask you this, when was the last time you saw a Jew kill someone? Or rob them? Now compare that to the amount of times that those crimes have been committed against the Jews. A Jew might commit a white-collar crime, but that’s about it.  

And yes, Islam with their sharia law is the actual genocidal religion, thank God I found someone in the world with a brain. 

We disagree still but this debate is exactly why I think conversation with different affiliations is important — I see your POV, and I see you are rational, even though we disagree. When people stop talking with the other side, civil war happens
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@WyIted
We all know jews try to trick God with things like having an elevator automatically open up on a floor they are heading to as a technicality against breaking a rule or putting a string up outside and then declaring the outside inside. 
Nonsense. 

At first I thought, these people are assholes, but then a Jewish friend explained it to me this way.

God is an asshole, which is well documented in the old Testament
Nonsense.

The asshole requires jews to follow very specific laws

The laws were written by an asshole and thus are not designed to scale easily into new situations. 
Nonsense. 

Jewish religious scholars, therefore, need to figure out actual laws to make sure they don't get fucked over by their asshole god. This process of figuring out if the real laws (in the Talmud) are fulfilling the requirements of The Asshole's laws (in the Torah) is what "pilpul" is
Nonsense.

Since their god is a dick the jews only follow the letter of the laws, not the spirit. Why be considerate when your god is the equivalent to the ATF writing bullshit laws to fuck you over?
nonsense. 

The silly tricks you see are this, following the letter of the law in a way that still lets jews do the stuff they want to do

nonsense. 

Jesus was a Jew. For a Christian to be bagging out someone simply on the basis of their nationality, race, or religion is nonsense.  It's totally unacceptable. And even in if the worst case scenario that everything you have alleged is true, even then, it's still nonsense and unacceptable what you are saying. 

I am a Christian. I am not a Zionist. I don't think the Jews have any natural or theological right to the land they claim as their own. They do however have a legal right since the League of Nations, or the UN have given them such. I might disagree with the UN. But this is the law and so far as I am able to determine, that makes it valid until someone can show otherwise. 

The God of the OT is the same God as the NT. For a Christian to bag out the OT God is stupid. The NT God, if you read the epistles by Paul, Peter, and James, let alone the book of Revelation, demonstrate this convincingly. Jesus spoke more about Hell than anyone in the OT. The God of the NT is even more harsh - so it seems than the God of the OT.  I think they are the same. 

This rhetoric against the Jews is madness. It disagrees with Paul and Jesus. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@WyIted
Tradesecret wrote @WyItedI don't think the Jews have any natural or theological right to the land they claim as their own. 

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ from a man of God  that claims to have been       
" taught to memorise the bible from an early age" and claims to know it" backwards and forwards in ancient languages"!!!!?

So Ill correct that bible dunce for you, Wylted. 

Just some examples of some 30+ verses where the god of the BIBLE clearly  has given the Israelites/ Jews the land.
Deuteronomy 1:8

New International Version. See, I have given you this land. Go in and take possession of the land the Lord swore he would give to your fathers—to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob—and to their descendants after them.”

And we have supporting BIBLICAL evidence of this from Joshua:

Joshua 21:43

New International Version So the Lord gave Israel all the land he had sworn to give their ancestors, and they took possession of it and settled there.

And from Ezekiel

New International Version 36:28   Then you will live in the land I gave your ancestors; you will be my people, and I will be your God.

And from Jeramiah

Jeremiah 30:3 New International Version

The days are coming,’ declares the Lord, ‘when I will bring my people Israel and Judah back from captivity and restore them to the land I gave their ancestors to possess,’ says the Lord.”

" memorise the bible" my arse. The man is a fkn great giant joke.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Stephen
That's much better than I would have done, I was just going to call him a cuck
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@WyIted
Well, for him to say:  "I don't think the Jews have any natural or theological right to the land they claim as their own" ,  he has contradicted that which the god of the bible clearly states numerous times, but he is far too dense to realise it.

I feel so sorry for all those University students that he claims he tutors...... and charges for the pleasure.

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Stephen
I feel so sorry for all those University students that he claims he tutors...... and charges for the pleasure.
My sister has a degree in Bible studies and she always has to come to me for answers. I honestly don't know what these Bible colleges teach people. I know Bart Erhman went to a Bible college and he knows a lot but people like him seem to be outliers 
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@WyIted
You can call me anything you like. I could care less. 

The book of Revelation is God's wrath on Israel. It is the story of how God ended the covenant with them. 

This reflects the lesser times God judged the nation of Israel in the OT. TImes when they broke covenant and God punished them by sending them into Babylon or Assyria.  

The NT is the story of how Jesus, God's own Son came to this world and his own people rejected him. The punishment was a complete destruction of Israel and it's temple. See Matthew 24, Luke 21, Mark 13, all, which predicted it - even as Joel predicted it and Peter reminded the people in Acts 2 in his famous sermon at Pentecost. 

In AD 70, within the very generation of Christ's death and the rejection by Israel of Christ, the temple was destroyed and the Jewish religion's heart was ripped out. This is the message that Luther and Calvin preached about many years later. As even Augustine and others have done so throughout church history. 

Israel was destroyed as a nation. It's people scattered to the ends of the earth. Its covenant broken and God's judgment brought forth in accordance with the blessings and curses in Leviticus 26.  In doing so they lost the legal and theological rights God had given to them. As they did in the previous judgments before them and mentioned above. 

For Israel to regain the theological rights back to the place that God promised to Abraham and Moses and David, etc, Israel needs to repent of its sin and unfaithfulness towards God. It did so in the OT. You can read about it in Daniel 9 on one occasion. You can read about it in Nehemiah And Ezra on other occasions. It was only after their repentance - did God give the legal and theological grounds for their return. 

After AD, Israel was scattered and dispersed into the world.  In 1948 as a response to the destruction in Germany of the Jews by Hitler, the World League of nations took pity on the Jews and decided to give the Jews a place to call their own. there were many places suggested but finally, it was determined their current location in the Middle East was traditionally their place. And it was granted to them - by the League of Nations. 

The dispensational Christians around the world leapt for joy with the Jews. The rest of the Middle East and other Christians from the Catholic Chruch, the Anglican church, the Reformed Churches, etc were not so happy about this situation. They knew the way things would unfold - indeed as they have. 

The fact is Israel has never repented for rejecting the Messiah. And until they do so they don't have the theological or natural right to call it their home - as promised by God.  So it doesn't matter that they call it home - and it doesn't matter that the UN gives them power. As I said, that's a man-made law - by the UN. But it's not a theological or natural right in the Scriptures.  Israel breached the covenant. The book of Revelation tells that story. Until they repent it won't change. The good news is that Romans 10-11 predict that Israel will repent. 

Of that we can be assured. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@WyIted
Tradesecret wrote @ WyIted.  For Israel to regain the theological rights back to the place that God promised to Abraham and Moses and David, etc, Israel needs to repent of its sin and unfaithfulness towards God. It did so in the OT. You can read about it in Daniel 9 on one occasion. You can read about it in Nehemiah And Ezra on other occasions. It was only after their repentance - did God give the legal and theological grounds for their return

Such a skewed version  of biblical history of how the Israelites returned to their god given homeland.  It needs to be remembered that when they were taken into "captivity", strangely, many Jews prospered through the experience and education they received from the Babylonians and their children in particular who went to schools and that had adopted Akkadian names .  And many decided to remain in Babylon.  It was a King of Persia  that released them from "captivity" and what was more strange is that on their return to "Zion" they weren't welcomed by their own people,  that would be those that remained in their god given homeland after  the so called "captivity".  If, as the bible dunce says,  god had taken away the right of the Jews to call Judah their home and had no claim "either  legal and theological" then how come hundreds and thousand remained?

When we actually look at this so called "captivity" it was nothing less than a migration and deportation for employment.  The captivity in Babylon is presented as a punishment for  disobedience to God in a similar way to the presentation of Israelite  "slavery" in Egypt followed by deliverance which neither in both cases doesn't appear to be true. And when the surface is scratched on both these BIBLICAL versions of these  "captivity "stories , they don't quite add up when the biblical versions are looked at closely.  

For instance the bible states that the Egyptians were in fear that they were being out numbered by the growing population of Hebrews and so Pharaoh "enslaved" them.  There are a few reasons this story is unreliable. First, the bible states that the Hebrews  went to Egypt voluntarily because of famine in their land. Genesis 12:10
Second, who knows what Pharaoh would have done had god not  intervened and "hardened the heart Pharaoh and made him stubborn". Exodus 9:12 If he wanted "his people" to be free why even bother making Pharaoh stubborn by purposeful hardening his heart? Why would Pharaoh refuse to "let them go" if he feared them and the fate of his country and people.? 

So these two verses don't add up at all. It was more likely that as with the case of people to Babylonia   where the Hebrews were expelled from Egypt by Pharaoh because the Hebrew nation was outnumbering the Egyptian population and the caused Pharaoh to fear an uprising and takeover of his country and its people.. 

Regardless. 

What I find most interesting is that it appears that "the Lord" appears to have reset time itself. ie the heavenly clock was reset, Exodus 12:1-2  and for reasons that I explained many times on this forum.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Tradesecret
It's all effing nonsense Trade.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4
Up late , Vic. Hope your are both well and Shep is doing his job and watching over you. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
Yep.

Mrs Zed is on one of  her regular weekend visits to see her Mum in Pershore, so I tend to spend a bit more time on the laptop.

His name is Bod, and he likes to make sure that the neighbours cats don't get me.

Nice day tomorrow, have a good one.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4
he likes to make sure that the neighbours cats don't get me.

So the local pussy have taken a shine to you then , Vic? 

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
To quote Kylie.

I should be so lucky.