Total: 446
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@Lunatic
@whiteflame
@AustinL0926
you don’t have to worry about a quick hammer from me.
Ok, WF may not be rushing to vote as quickly as I thought. This could be him backtracking, but it reads genuine. I think a WF/Earth team is possible, but I'm not as sure as I was a few minutes ago.

Maybe Luna or Austin can say what they think the chances are of WF and Earth being a team. I feel like I'm getting tunnel vision.
WyIted
Debates: 28
WyIted
-->
@Savant
So earth lunatic and Savant seem like town. 

Mharman is the only claimed doc and to me it is an unlikely fake claim. We have way too many investigative roles. I just feel like Austin made a ballsy play on dp1 and is the lynch here. 
WyIted
Debates: 28
WyIted
-->
@Savant
Do you know what it's called when you over correct. 

The last 2 games you tunneled and were heavily criticized for it, and I believe as a result you have done the opposite and have a maladaptive paranoia. 

Just vote Austin bro. 
Savant
Savant
-->
@whiteflame
My biggest reason for sussing WF was that his reasoning seemed a bit contrived. I'll respond to his block of text, and maybe he can clear things up. Given that Mharman and Austin may both be innocent, this will read a bit weird, but here goes.

I don't think he'd be willing to push back that hard on WyIted's misclaim if he was just guessing she wasn't in the game
I don't really get this. If Austin had a fake claim and knew Maya wasn't in the game, he has no choice but to push back because otherwise he gets lynched. Also, a dreamer role doesn't really fit the theme even if it fits that character. I'm also not sure Casey would put both Mia and Maya in the game because it's confusing, but who knows.

My gutread on Austin, like it has been since DP1, is that he's town in spite of all the weirdness with his claim then and even the OMGUS - honestly, I just don't think Austin would respond this way to being sussed.
WF relies on a lot of instinct here, which seems like it would be easy for him to lie about if he was scum. I wouldn't expect a player as calculated as whiteflame to base this much of his decision on a gut feeling, especially when Austin has made mistakes before as scum.

Mharman's claim comes as awfully convenient given the circumstances
This is an odd way of looking at it, because it seems mostly like a chicken-egg issue. Mharman's doctor role seems convenient because it fits Luna's results. Maybe it fits those results because Mharman is in fact a doctor. Given that scum targeted JB, they could have targeted anyone, and Mharman knew he had a power role. Waiting to claim with a power role is just a smart move. Mharman's actions make sense from his perspective. Also, if Mharman was scum, there's a >50% chance he would have visited me or JoeBob or Luna.

Also, we have no other protective role claims. Maybe that's convenient, but it's not something Mharman can control. Phoenix is almost certainly in the game.

Overall, WF is focusing more on behavior than I would like, when the mechanics of the situation come pretty close to confirming Mharman.
Savant
Savant
-->
@WyIted
Ugh, you're probably right. If the team is WF+Earth, voting Austin at least doesn't help them. And if they're both defensive of Austin, he could easily be partners with one of them.

VTL Austin
Savant
Savant
-->
@Earth
Maybe I was too harsh on you. You could be town, so I'd like to talk this out more. I responded to WF's reasoning above, and I'd like to hear your thoughts.
Savant
Savant
One thing I thought was kind of suspicious is that Austin admitted to lying after Luna said he thought Austin was town and lying. It's like a tactic that cops use when they want a suspect to admit to part of a crime. "Admit you did [x] and you won't get in trouble." Luna is the cop, Austin is the suspect.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Lunatic
Keep in mind that Mharman's role can theoretically be confirmed. Austin will never be confirmed.
Savant
Savant
Just to make sure it gets counted.

Unvote

VTL Austin
Casey_Risk
Debates: 3
Casey_Risk
Votes:

Austin (3/4): Mharman, WyIted, Savant
Mharman (3/4): Austin, Lunatic, Earth 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Savant
I’m going to be caught up with work for the next hour or so, but I’ll respond to this.

I don't really get this. If Austin had a fake claim and knew Maya wasn't in the game, he has no choice but to push back because otherwise he gets lynched. Also, a dreamer role doesn't really fit the theme even if it fits that character. I'm also not sure Casey would put both Mia and Maya in the game because it's confusing, but who knows.
I get the feeling you framed this differently than you intended. Austin either claimed his actual character or fake claimed after asking whether Maya was in the game. In both cases, he’d try to prevent the lynch. That’s part of the reason I’m hesitant to lynch him. I can see your point that the Dreamer role and the theme of this game, but that seems like a modpsych/balancing argument as well.

WF relies on a lot of instinct here, which seems like it would be easy for him to lie about if he was scum. I wouldn't expect a player as calculated as whiteflame to base this much of his decision on a gut feeling, especially when Austin has made mistakes before as scum.
I gave a lot of calculated reasoning as to why both of them can look town or sus depending on the angle you’re using to view them. You pull one line out at the end that I used as a basis for distrusting my own read on Austin and then just assume I’m only being instinctual? Wtf dude?

This is an odd way of looking at it, because it seems mostly like a chicken-egg issue. Mharman's doctor role seems convenient because it fits Luna's results. Maybe it fits those results because Mharman is in fact a doctor.
I pointed out that Mharman’s timing of his claim is sus after pointing out that it does fit, maybe a little too neatly, with Luna’s results which were given just beforehand. What’s odd about that, exactly, especially when I said I would likely have bought the claim more if he had claimed before Luna?

Waiting to claim with a power role is just a smart move.
It generally is unless your actions can dictate whether you’re the target of a lynch, which he was at the time. Demanding that another PR out their results doesn’t strike me as a better move.

Also, if Mharman was scum, there's a >50% chance he would have visited me or JoeBob or Luna.
Not sure where you’re getting that. In that case, there’s a 50% chance he committed the NK and therefore would have visited JoeBob. Either he or his partner, if there was a Redirect, would have visited me and you. Why do you think he visited Luna?

Also, we have no other protective role claims. Maybe that's convenient, but it's not something Mharman can control. Phoenix is almost certainly in the game.
Not really engaging with my point about timing (not behavior), but I also agreed that both the Doc and Phoenix Wright make sense for the game.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Lunatic
@whiteflame
I gave a lot of calculated reasoning as to why both of them can look town or sus depending on the angle you’re using to view them. You pull one line out at the end that I used as a basis for distrusting my own read on Austin and then just assume I’m only being instinctual? Wtf dude?
It wasn't just that one line, it seemed like you were focusing a lot on Austin's behavior. And that one line came immediately after you saying you leaned more toward suspecting Mharman, so I did assume it was a major reason for your decision.

I pointed out that Mharman’s timing of his claim is sus after pointing out that it does fit, maybe a little too neatly, with Luna’s results which were given just beforehand. What’s odd about that, exactly, especially when I said I would likely have bought the claim more if he had claimed before Luna?
This seems like you're starting with the conclusion that Mharman is sus. If his results fit with Luna's tracker, then he's suspicious (according to you). If they don't, then he's still suspicious. This is why I said Luna should have made Mharman claim first. Other than having the only claimed town protective role, I'm not sure what else Mharman could have done to convince you he was town.

In that case, there’s a 50% chance he committed the NK and therefore would have visited JoeBob. Either he or his partner, if there was a Redirect, would have visited me and you. Why do you think he visited Luna?
Sry, I don't totally understand how redirect works. But yeah, the fact that he visited himself only makes me less suspicious of him.

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Savant
I’ll get to this when I’ve got a break.
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@Savant
This is pretty much just making up reasons. Dreamer fits Maya perfectly thematically. And Casey wouldn't put Mia and Maya in the same game? This reasoning is so bad it's just outing.
Your entire case on me is based on instinct over how Casey designed the setup.
This is an odd way of looking at it, because it seems mostly like a chicken-egg issue. Mharman's doctor role seems convenient because it fits Luna's results. Maybe it fits those results because Mharman is in fact a doctor. Given that scum targeted JB, they could have targeted anyone, and Mharman knew he had a power role. Waiting to claim with a power role is just a smart move. Mharman's actions make sense from his perspective. Also, if Mharman was scum, there's a >50% chance he would have visited me or JoeBob or Luna.
It's convenient because it's also the exact same result as he would get with a lawyer, which, thematically speaking, is just a shoe-in for this game. He also refused to claim until after the fact, had no reason to protect himself, and that's not how probability works.
This reasoning is pretty clearly contrived. This also feels like a scumslip because that's evidence in Mharman's favor, not against. And if Phoenix is almost certainly in the game, then Maya also is considering we have Mia Fey and Pearl Fey.
Overall, WF is focusing more on behavior than I would like, when the mechanics of the situation come pretty close to confirming Mharman.
Mharman is in no way mechanically confirmed.

AustinL0926
AustinL0926
One thing I thought was kind of suspicious is that Austin admitted to lying after Luna said he thought Austin was town and lying. It's like a tactic that cops use when they want a suspect to admit to part of a crime. "Admit you did [x] and you won't get in trouble." Luna is the cop, Austin is the suspect.
Non-sequitur - I gave the town motivations behind my actions.
Keep in mind that Mharman's role can theoretically be confirmed. Austin will never be confirmed.
This reasoning is also fake and indicates you have an informed perspective. Fypov, if either of us are town, then we can each be confirmed, either by a successful save or correct results.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@whiteflame
Also, if Mharman was scum, there's a >50% chance he would have visited me or JoeBob or Luna.
This is just a scumslip. He has no way of knowing that Mharman might have visited Luna.
Mharman
Mharman
Your arms might be too short to box with the god
Who live his life without the pressures of a constant facade
I pray for peace, but if a n**** cease these positive vibes
A Falcon 9 inside my pocket, bitch, this rocket gon' fly
Now it's poppin' outside like the top of July
My text flooded with the hunger for a toxic reply
I'm hesitant, I love my brother, but I'm not gonna lie
I'm powered up for real, that shit would feel like swattin' a fly
AustinL0926
AustinL0926

Austin, plz unvote. Earth and WF's actions make a lot of sense if they are a scum team and want to kill the doctor.

Ugh, you're probably right. If the team is WF+Earth, voting Austin at least doesn't help them. And if they're both defensive of Austin, he could easily be partners with one of them.

VTL Austin

Savant's progression is incredibly fake. He considers an Earth + WF team, drops it AS SOON AS HE SEES THAT WYLTED CAN HELP LYNCH ME, then decides to go for me EVEN KNOWING that in a WF + Earth world, me and Mharman are practically chained mislynches. No town player considers a world in which neither of the main suspects are scum, and then votes one of them anyway.

Also:

If the team is WF+Earth, voting Austin at least doesn't help them.
Perspective slip. How tf does it not help them? This only makes sense if he's thinking from the lens of "WF + Earth town."
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Earth
@Lunatic
@whiteflame
@Savant
@WyIted
Alr I'm back and abt to prove my case for good

I'd like to note that Earth and Whiteflame are not confirmed town... if you were hesitant to vote so that Austin could make his arguments, you should the same thing for me.

I'm at L-1 ffs

I'll be consistent. I recommend Savant and Wylted unvote for sec
Savant
Savant
-->
@Mharman
@AustinL0926
drops it AS SOON AS HE SEES THAT WYLTED CAN HELP LYNCH ME
WyIted had already voted for you.

I recommend Savant and Wylted unvote for sec
Fine

Unvote
Mharman
Mharman
Also, my theory is Austin-Whiteflame now
Mharman
Mharman
Give me an hour or two I got this
Savant
Savant
-->
@AustinL0926
How tf does it not help them?
Because POE is realistically you, WF, and Earth. Town is going to cool down on Mharman, especially if he confirms himself.

if either of us are town, then we can each be confirmed, either by a successful save or correct results.
Correct results would not confirm you, because scum knows who is and isn't. And by the time we confirmed them or didn't it will likely be too late.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Mharman
Also, my theory is Austin-Whiteflame now
I'm curious to hear why whiteflame doesn't just hammer you in this world lol.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Savant
WyIted had already voted for you.
Yep, but it looked like you just wanted an excuse to awkwardly back off your back off.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Savant
Correct results would not confirm you, because scum knows who is and isn't. And by the time we confirmed them or didn't it will likely be too late.
Explain.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@AustinL0926
I guess we'll see if he has the balls to do so as scum
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Savant
It wasn't just that one line, it seemed like you were focusing a lot on Austin's behavior. And that one line came immediately after you saying you leaned more toward suspecting Mharman, so I did assume it was a major reason for your decision.
Considering a lot of my view on Austin was based on his softclaim and actual role claim, I disagree with this, but yes behavior is a part of it. I’d say that’s an important factor to consider. As for that line, it’s part of my decision, but not all of it, and I made that blatantly clear.

This seems like you're starting with the conclusion that Mharman is sus. If his results fit with Luna's tracker, then he's suspicious (according to you). If they don't, then he's still suspicious. This is why I said Luna should have made Mharman claim first. Other than having the only claimed town protective role, I'm not sure what else Mharman could have done to convince you he was town.
I‘ve townread Mharman multiple times, including in my analysis. My point was that there was something he could have done: chosen to claim under pressure instead of requiring Luna to go first. We agree on that front. You townread him for matching Luna’s results, I’m not that confident.

Sry, I don't totally understand how redirect works. But yeah, the fact that he visited himself only makes me less suspicious of him.
So he didn’t match two actions we know scum took, therefore he’s likely town? I can see the logic, even if I don’t agree with the way you’re approaching it. A second scum could have committed both actions.
Savant
Savant
-->
@whiteflame
A second scum could have committed both actions.
That's true, but I think it still decreases the probability that Mharman is scum.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Mharman
@AustinL0926
@Savant
This is just a scumslip. He has no way of knowing that Mharman might have visited Luna.

Savant's progression is incredibly fake. He considers an Earth + WF team, drops it AS SOON AS HE SEES THAT WYLTED CAN HELP LYNCH ME, then decides to go for me EVEN KNOWING that in a WF + Earth world, me and Mharman are practically chained mislynches. No town player considers a world in which neither of the main suspects are scum, and then votes one of them anyway.

Perspective slip. How tf does it not help them? This only makes sense if he's thinking from the lens of "WF + Earth town."
@Austin I still have him in my PoE, but the first would be a weird scum slip since we don't even know if Luna was visited. I don't really get how he thinks Earth and I are a scum team, especially given that we were outright given the option to decide the lynch since everyone else had already voted. Not sure what's in it for us if we allow more time for consideration, but he's also scumread us before, so I'm not surprised he's returning to it. As for the chained mislynches, that much depends on whether we hit the right target this DP, but I see your point. Depending on who's scum, though, that can happen regardless.

I'd like to note that Earth and Whiteflame are not confirmed town... if you were hesitant to vote so that Austin could make his arguments, you should the same thing for me.

Give me an hour or two I got this
@Mharman I wouldn't expect anyone to treat me as confirmed town, nor do I see Earth in that light. I was already hesitant to vote, so here we are. I'll wait.

That's true, but I think it still decreases the probability that Mharman is scum.
@Savant Point taken.