Ace Attorney Mafia DP2

Author: Casey_Risk

Read-only
Total: 446
Casey_Risk
Debates: 3
Casey_Risk
Court is back in session! This DP thread will last 72 hours again. it will end on July 17th at 2:00 PM EDT.

Deceased players:
  • Owen_T - Lynched DP1 - You are Pearl Fey! You’re a spirit channeling prodigy, as well as being just a sweet, adorable little kid. You are the DP4 Innocent Child. If you survive to the start of DP4, your affiliation will be mod-confirmed. You win with the Town.
  • JoeBob - Killed NP1 - You are the Judge! He’s never given an actual name, but everyone knows him. He’s an old geezer who can be a bit naive at times, but he always makes the right decision in the end. You are the 1x Justice. Once per game, you may choose two players to visit at night. You will learn whether the two players you investigated have the same alignment or two different alignments. You win with the Town.
Living players:
  1. Mharman
  2. whiteflame
  3. Savant
  4. AustinL0926
  5. WyIted
  6. Earth
  7. Lunatic
With seven living players, it takes four votes to reach a majority.

Additional information:
  • Whiteflame may not be lynched today.
"Exactly, Your Honor! I would like to cross-examine the witness's pet parrot!"
-- Phoenix Wright
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@whiteflame
@Mharman
@AustinL0926
@Savant
@WyIted
Court is back in session.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@Earth
@Lunatic
Return to the courtroom.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
VTL Savant
WyIted
Debates: 27
WyIted
We shouldn't have lynched owen. Not that it didn't benefit town, it probably did but it was his first day ever playing. It feels wrong. 

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@WyIted
I had a strong feeling Owen was a noob who messed up and people overreacted to his noobiness.

But I’d rather take a lynch than not… given the flip of Innocent Child, a role that protects a townie from lynch, I’m not a fan of magistrate, a role that does the same. I wasn’t a fan of it late DP1 either, because it would be redundant in the face of any protective roles that may exist in this game.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@WyIted
Bro his pleas and begs for what he was doing wrong looked so townie. I can’t believe you guys didn’t pick that up lol
Mharman
Mharman
Oh wait Whiteflame can’t be lynched
Mharman
Mharman
I’m dumb.

Unvote
Mharman
Mharman
So you can have both.
Lunatic
Lunatic
vtl Mharman 

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Mharman
Why did you suspect savant?
whiteflame
whiteflame
I kind of get why Owen was lynched based on his claim anyway. The DP4 Innocent Child claim was pretty sus since it would have meant just trusting it going forward, especially coming off of his effectively claiming Vanilla, though his response to being sussed made me hesitate. I guess he would have been still been sussed in future DPs regardless, but like I was saying last DP, rushing to a lynch was bound to lead to a mislynch.

Also, why am I unlynchable? Pretty sure Savant said he was targeting Luna. Did he change his mind or did scum change his target?
Savant
Savant
I used my ability on Luna. No idea why it got redirected to whiteflame.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Earth
Who did you strengthen?
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Lunatic
I respected the hell out of your unwillingness to claim and I thought it was townie. I felt no scum that exists would actually refuse to claim there.

So I started with a new idea… what if I look at who I think is trying to fit in the most? That led me to Savant, because I townread Wylted. Even after Austin admitted he was bullshitting, I still thought the scumread on Savant was reasonable. Savant was the one operating within the parameters of the claims of 3 the most, and I thought that it was trying to blend in. Also, given that Austin was bullshitting, your willingness to look elsewhere made for sense, which ended up making Savant’s idea that you were just trying to escape POE make less sense, and I also contributed to my newfound scumread on him.

I also didn’t like magistrate from a mechanical standpoint. I felt it was redundant given protective roles and a claimed innocent child.

And about the claim: I wasn’t sold on it. Athena’s whole gimmick is her mood necklace and her emotion stuff. I felt “just saving people who were assumed guilty” was a justification better used on another character within Ace Attorney. Admittedly, I misread Savant’s post on his full claim, because the justification was never about saving someone, it was about just knowing they were innocent… and vowing to save others in the same situation in the future.

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Savant
Redirect. Lawyer game.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Savant
I used my ability on Luna. No idea why it got redirected to whiteflame.
I'm guessing the goal was to get a mislynch on Luna and/or sus me. I was already being sussed last DP, though, so I would've been in PoE anyway.

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Savant
You’re confirmed now. I was looking into the wiki and saw Edgeworth manipulated evidence in court once. I had a feeling he would be in this game, and I redirector made the most sense. 

But wait, doesn’t that mean scum team doesn’t have a roleblock?
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Savant
I was gonna ask if Whiteflame was your intended target… glad you weren’t muted, which was another concern of mine
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Mharman
Why did you end up voting Owen at the end
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Lunatic
Because like I’ve been saying the last two games. I like at least some lynch DP1 for information. I think I voted after Joebob said that there was no way I’d get people to go for savant in 5 minutes and I knew he was right, so I voted. I was hoping the flip would at least confirm magistrate was bs, but as it turns out, they’re both in this game
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@AustinL0926
Any results? 

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Mharman
Would you be fine with character claiming? You and earth are in my POE and I need something from you to make you look town to me. I’m still having trouble wrapping some of your behavior and actions as town so anything you can do to help that.
Mharman
Mharman
Would you be fine with character claiming?
I’ll consider it.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Lunatic
^^^
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Mharman
It seems strange to me you voted Casey given that in post 662 in your reads list you put him as your second strongest townread.

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Lunatic
you mean Owen?

Savant
Savant
-->
@Earth
Who did you strengthen, and why wasn't it me?
Savant
Savant
-->
@Lunatic
@Mharman
@AustinL0926
@WyIted
Does WF + Earth seem like the likely team to anyone else?