Ace Attorney Mafia DP2

Author: Casey_Risk

Read-only
Total: 446
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
I got a message from Luna saying that he couldn't connect to the site due to unknown issues on his way to work. I've waited online for a while now to see if he'd come on and while it looks like he has, he clearly hasn't been able to post anything yet. It's late and I have to call it a night, so I'm going to give him the time to post his thoughts. That means that I'll post my vote as soon as I get on and catch up tomorrow morning. Sorry to delay guys, but I'd feel like a dick doing it after he reached out to me about the problem.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@whiteflame
Reasonable
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
test
Lunatic
Lunatic
Ive been having issues connecting all day idk what is going on. Don't wait for me though. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
Unvote vtl wylted

Yes I am serious about this
Lunatic
Lunatic
I am not even saying you are risking a mislynch this dp. If you lynch mharman there is a good chance he is innocent and people are going to be wondering how in the hell you chose to lynch mharman over Austin. 
The vote was evenly split and theres a decently large wifom case built on each person we are considering lynching. You placing whiteflame in this position like savant is doing is kind of messed up, but not only that it seems to reek of inside knowledge. Considering the vote being split 50/50 I wouldn't expect that whiteflame should be overly punished for his decision unless you fully expect some of the people on the mharman wagon to not be around next day phase. This is kind of a scum slip. You are both hinting that you predict mharman to flip innocent, that some of the people voting mharman (me or earth) will be dead and won't be able defend whiteflames actions, and setting up a mislynch by placing the blame on him. Just because most people think I am town here, doesn't mean I should be excluded from guilt. Earth too for the matter. This whole argument of "I will punish you tomorrow for picking wrong" thing from savant is basically what prompted me to vote for mharman in the first place. It feels intentionally manipulative and designed to set up mislynches. Meanwhile you aren't being punished by almost anyone for leading the owen mislynch. I figured you out of anyone would have seen his responses as obviously innocent. You doubled down the whole time about his lynch. I wasn't there to defend Owen so its partially my fault, which is why I wasn't bringing it up before. But while your threatening whiteflame for potentially being behind a mislynch, after being responsible for one yourself, I can't help but bring up the point.

I think people are dismissing you based on your character claim a little too easy. There is a point I brought up earlier as well about Mia being reasonably not in the game as well given the fact that she dies relatively early in the series.

I feel like your overall activity and effort has been less (some of which I can excuse to real life circumstances) but this recent big post you make just doesn't feel townie at all. I am trying to see the Wylted from CoC who just dominated here, and I don't see it. I see a much more of a "back seat" wylted, which is how you seem to play more as scum. I think your town game is way better and I generally find you more enthused about the game and solving it when you are town. I haven't been getting that impression from you in the slightest in this game. 

Overall your behavior to me seems more scum sided than either mharman or austin. 

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@WyIted
forgot to tag
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Earth
@whiteflame
@Mharman
@AustinL0926
@Savant
Read through some of wylted's recent posts and behavior. Tell me if it still feels really all that townie to you. Everyone kind of wrote wylted off early based on his CC exchange with austin. In hindsight, I think wylted knew his character was mia not maya and was trying to pull off something like that too look town confirmed. Mia dies early in the narrative for this theme, so it's very very possible mia isn't in the game but her older sister maya is. 

I know this is a last minute change but wylteds posts are giving the vibes that both people are town here and I kind of expect if a mislynch occurs wylted will try and use it to get whiteflame lynched next day phase. I don't like his behavior at all.

And tell me this is anything like his play in CoC and I won't believe you. He seems dis-interested and lazy, which is not how he genuinely is as town. He has admitted in the past that he's not as active and interested as scum, or more likely to make dumb mistakes, etc. If you've played with town wylted recently you can clearly see a difference. I am not buying that all of it is because he is busy either because he is still posting a lot but in a way that allows him to skate by and be happy with any of the lynch choices here. I don't like it. I don't like that he wants to use this lynch as ammo against whiteflame. 
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Savant
he votes you and you are town, I will try to get WF lynched tomorrow. Austin is POE, but WF would become my top scum read if he lynches outside POE and is wrong.
I understand this is an intimidation tactic,  but in real life we can almost be certain Austin is scum.  If just increases whiteflames chance to be mislynches in dp4 assuming he just made a blunder
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Lunatic
Ive been having issues connecting all day idk what is going on. Don't wait for me though. 
I had issues too but was in a thunderstorm so chalked it up to that
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Lunatic
I appreciate the tag and will read your case in a second but I think you know that if there are 2 guys at L1 and we are struggling to lynch either than one of the wagons is scum lead wagon and one is a town lead wagon. Or a scum benefiting wagon where the people just are taking advantage of the divide. 

There is zero percent chance that both are town because so many people could easily justify switching their vote and just ending this. 

I also think thay everyone should know Austin is most likely scum. If the scum is mharma, oh well I am wrong but one of these two are definitely scum and our votes should remain here. If I was scum and mharman was town, there is no way I couldn't justify hammering him instead of putting whiteflame at L1. Your logic behind me only makes sense if mharman is scum and I am trying to save him as his scum buddy. In which case mharmarlllm should still be the lynch advocated for. 

The good news is your terrible logic is probably town motivated so you can be put in my town pool now
WyIted
WyIted
Actually I kind of get lunatics logic. A large amount of it, but even if he thought I was scum it should be clear that if I am scum, the o ly way I avoid hammering mharman is if he is also scum.  I also am not trying to set up a lynch on whiteflame. I genuinely believe that if one of those guys flips innocent than obviously the other one is scum, unless we just have an insanely disciplined scum team
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Mharman
You see why self hammering would have been bad. The play if you self hammer would have been to lynch Austin the next dp, but my feeling is it wouldn't happen.  

We had asutin at L1 dp1 and now at dp2 and still he is unlikely to be lynched. Why would the scum team risk this guy being alive by not hammering here if he is town? It just wouldn't happen because it is easy to justify flipping from the mharman wagon to the Austin one. The reason people are not switching is because one of these people are scum and the people on the town wagon who are scum are not going to flip their vote.

WyIted
WyIted
If one of these wagons go through. Regardless if what the flip is, than people need to take the time to analyze both wagons, and I can tell you that most likely the scum player being lynched has no scum on their wagon. At least not within the first 3 votes and the town player likely has at least 1 scum on their wagon within the first 3 votes. 
WyIted
WyIted
Let's be honest. It's kind of gay to not be a flaming homosexual. 

Imagine you get to fuck anytime, anywhere you want. You can completely keep women out of your life and not have to deal with their shit. 

Grinder just published data saying that the RNC convention is like Grinders supercool, but it makes sense for ways to be republican. Who wants to give half their income for taxes to pay for gibs for women or pay gibs even to protect women with security forces. 

So if you are not a faggot by now, that most likely makes you some sort of faggot. Sorry but I don't want to be a faggot. I am going to start fucking other dudes. 
WyIted
WyIted
Supercool = superbowl 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@WyIted
I appreciate the tag and will read your case in a second but I think you know that if there are 2 guys at L1 and we are struggling to lynch either than one of the wagons is scum lead wagon and one is a town lead wagon. Or a scum benefiting wagon where the people just are taking advantage of the divide. 
If you think there is definitely one scum between the two, why is whiteflame being threatened by both you and savant when he's being the most careful here about his decision? I feel like he's being strong armed into voting for austin else there would be repercussion. You make it sound more obvious than it is that Austin is scum. I know you were leaning that way last day phase, but even when I revealed to you the mharman result, you seemed to buy that there was something to it, or at least you feigned to think so. Now you are making it as austin is so incredibly obvious that anyone not on his wagon should be scrutinized heavily. Tell me, does your opinion at all change about mharman going into next day phase if austin flips town? Why or why not?

There is zero percent chance that both are town because so many people could easily justify switching their vote and just ending this. 

Whiteflame could easily have voted either side all day and justified either one of them. The fact that he is being so conservative is what makes him so town, and what has me eyeing the people threatening to punish him for making the wrong decision next day phase. Assuming he's town and uninformed, the logic you said about one being scum due to hesitance of the lynch, is likely. So as scum with inside knowledge  of who the scum is, why not just hammer and justify it? There's plenty of WIFOM cases on both sides to substantiate the vote. Whiteflame has no reason not to hammer the townie as scum. All this posturing just waylays and possibly prevents him from a mislynch. With how gritty this game has been I as scum would probably have wanted an end to it. 

What's funny is no one on the mharman wagon is threatening to vote everyone on the austin wagon next day phase with prejudice the way the austin wagon people are doing to the mharmaners. This screams to me that mafia know that they just need one more night phase to kill off one of the mharmaners to know they win over the town. I think savant is being used to this end, though unfortunately I think he is town. Mafia would never kill him because they know how stagnant he can be when he finds something to attach to. I fear, if mharman isn't lynched today, he simply wins by WIFOM of being the main character and no one being willing to lynch a doctor claim. 

Your logic behind me only makes sense if mharman is scum and I am trying to save him as his scum buddy. In which case mharmarlllm should still be the lynch advocated for. 
This is actually my line of thinking, and it's a heavy possibility. That or you would rather take mharman into lylo than austin, because the town is very split and mharman has been town reading you harder than any other player in the game. The other possibility is that you and your partner are taking opposite stances on purpose to look separate, I can see a potential earth combination. I am lightly townreading earth mainly because of his claimed use of his action and his mharman vote, which is obviously not overwhelmingly popular atm. But there's a lot of WIFOM with that to digest. Anyways if you are scum I do think mharman is most likely, the only doubt I have about it is whether mharman would buddy you this hard if he was scum. I know supa has done that to some benefit in the past, but most scummies tend to wanna put some kind of distance between themselves. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
On second thought I don't want to fvck the vote up. I think the day phase expires really soon and I doubt all the players will get on in time to read and analyze wylted. 

I think it's best to leave this in whiteflames hands. I think if wylted tries to lead a mislynch on whiteflame for making the wrong decision here, you guys should focus on lynching wylted tonight. I am pretty sure me or earth will die tonight, most likely me. Maybe mharman if austin does actually end up being scum. If mharman is town, than mafia at least have to gamble around a doctor. Considering the joebob kill, I suspect they will try to be sneaky and go for another unexpected kill. Either way, if mharman is town and whiteflame chooses austin, I hope he gambles well and rock paper scissors mentality with the scum on the night kill and thinks outside the box of just protecting me or himself, as I think the mafia in this case are smart enough to suspect that, but I also want to bait them into risking it.

WIFOM WIFOM and more WIFOM.

Anyways, for now I'll defer and put the vote back on mharman and leave this back in the hands of whiteflame.

MY strong feeling is whiteflame is town. Regardless if he picks wrong, we should heavily look at anyone who tries to sus him out tomorrow. Whiteflame's patience in voting here is almost town confirmable to me. I place him almost as high as savant as town behaviorally. Savant unfortunately might be used by the mafia in this game as a means to their ends, but hopefully I am wrong. 

unvote, VTL mharman

Please don't sleep on wylted though whoever survives next day phase. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
Alright, I’m caught up and I’ll finally make a decision.

To be clear, I do not see a world in which WyIted is scum. Both he and Savant have made a good deal of hay over my decision while also actively sussing Austin, which makes me think they both believe I’m on a scum team with him. Given that I’ve said I’m leaning towards Mharman on my vote, I can at least understand why they think I’m siding with him, though as Luna points out, there are three other people already on that lynch wagon. I guess this just has more to do with the fact that I’m the final vote, and while there could be some manipulation going on for next DP here, I still at least have a solid townread from the CC back in DP1. I don’t think scum WyIted would have done that, even if his activity has been down this DP.

Anyway, dragged this out for long enough:

VTL Mharman

I still can’t get over the timing of his claim. So many things have to have lined up perfectly for Austin to be scum, including having asked about one of three members of the Fey family, having it confirmed that she’s not in the game, and then going all-in on that claim with a Day Dreamer softclaim that drew intense scrutiny to him. It’s not good play, but it comes off as a town gambit gone wrong using an existing character claim. By contrast, Mharman’s claim was opportunistically timed and specifically tailored to be townread at a point where he really needed it. We know he can’t have committed the NK and assuming there was a Redirect, we know he didn’t play a role in that. That’s it, though, and since we know there are two scum in the game, it only tells me he’s not one of the two. Thats not enough to shake my issues with him, hence my vote.
Lunatic
Lunatic
I hope we were right… 
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Lunatic
We were not. Austin is obviously town and Austin scum. You guys look sus
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@WyIted
We were not. Austin is obviously town and Austin scum. You guys look sus
You sound like you have some inside information…
Lunatic
Lunatic
Also I think you meant “mharman was obviously town”
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
The jury has reached a verdict

PLEASE STOP POSTING
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
FINAL VOTE TALLY:

Mharman (4/4): Austin, Lunatic, Earth, Whiteflame 
Austin (3/4): Mharman, WyIted, Savant

Mharman has been lynched! Mharman was... INNOCENT! Submit all night actions within 24 hours. 
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@whiteflame
Lock please