Ace Attorney Mafia DP2

Author: Casey_Risk

Read-only
Total: 446
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
PART 3/3

11. Savant/Mharman RVS voted each other. Savant goes ballistic over votes on him (you've seen it before), and he also RVS voted me when we were scum together.

I voted Savant because last game, someone mentioned a meme where he dies first every DP1. It was purely a joke. And how is Savant returning the joke “going ballistic over an RVS”?

12. Despite allegedly "sussing" Savant, Mharman did NOTHING to push Savant D1.

Here I voted Savant and pushed for his lynch: https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/11342/posts/458723

Here’s where I hard scumread Savant and only decided to vote Austin because others in town were thinking Savant was town, and Austin was a good compromise: https://www.debateart.com/members/Mharman/forum-posts?page=3

Final reads before a hammer (SIDE NOTE: There’s a reason why I wanted to get those out before someone hammered…it’s almos like, hear me out, I was thinking I’d be killed in the night): https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/11342/posts/458871

13. Savant's progression is implausible. He said I was a townread, then voted me based on alleged mechanical reasons that make no sense.

Reads can change. This is irrelevant.

15. Also Savant demonstrated either a bad-faith push or a failure of basic probability when he said the chances I choose three town aligned players d1 is less than 50% (which has nothing to do with the chance of my alignment)

Fair point, but now that we’re discussing the likelihood of your role, I don’t care about Savant misreading probability. Also if Savant were scum, I guarantee he’d double check his probability claims before posting.

16. Savant and Mharman have zero genuine interactions. Read the day.

This is entirely subjective. Everything I said was a reaction to Savant being confirmed, as I saw it.

Also, if we're talking character analysis here, Maya/Mia/Pearl are all Fey members and I fail to see a themesplit that would only include Maya but not the others.

So my speculation based on evidence is irrational, yet yours based on absolutely nothing is valid? Lol. Why does Austin need to make so many reaches to defend himself?

Lol at Mharman's mental gymnastics. Apparently I decided to immediately fakeclaim Dreamer, draw attention to myself D1, resolve several slots as town, retract to avoid a mislynch even though I easily could have chained two if I was scum, then fake having no results N1 even though I was widely townread and could easily have gotten another mislynch off fake results, all as part of an scum gambit to... put myself in POE and locktown several players.

“I’m the deuteraonist! No way I could be scum!”
“I’m Maya Fey in a game with others Feys! No way it’s me!”
“I ‘cleared slots’ and generated activity! No way I faked anything!”
LOL. First of all, when you made your “gambit” as obvious as it was, you undermined it. You cleared nothing; it took the outing of last night’s results to actually clear Savant. For Wylted, it took his confusion, which didn’t take any effor from you and wasn’t related to your dreamer claim. For Lunatic, he claimed after town mass pushed. I don’t think putting someone in the POE hoping town would mass push for their claim is in the mind of a townie pulling this crap. Even then, Lunatic wasn’t confirmed and could’ve been scumread later today if I didn’t confirm him.

Furthermore, you breaded, and then claimed it was a gambit AFTER town started to wonder it you were gambiting, and all three people in your pool had people thinking they were town. If some of those people were scummread and your “gambit” wasn’t sussed out, you EASILY could have gotten a few mislynches off it, instead of falling back on the whole “it’s a gambit” thing that town convinced itself of.

Also, you said you wanted to disrupt scum by forcing resources out of them… what would look more townie then not having any because you’re plan somehow miraculously worked to perfection?

And let’s talk mental gymnastics:
-Being one of three investigative roles is fine, but being the only protective role is somehow a fake claim, because I made the same appeal to it that a DIFFERENT PERSON, playing in a DIFFERENT GAME, under DIFFERENT CIRCUMSTANCES did the same thing.

-Somehow, the long, detailed post of a thought process that matches perfectly with everything I said and did the last two phases is a retroactive justification, but a way-too-obvious “gambit” that the rest of town gave you an easy out on, isn’t, because “muh generated activity.”

-Somehow, Savant and I are scum and faking a redirector, while Earth isn’t lying about the role that counters a redirector.

Mharman's actions are dripping with scum agenda. I've been hard townsiding all game. Lynch that scumbag.

Very impatient of you, after I said I was willing to wait on you earlier, and after you said quicklynching you was scummy. 

Looks like you were fearing this rebuttal that I promised.

“Two-six, we don't at n****s, we get at n****s
Shoot a n**** lights out, yeah, my dogs stat fillers
Stat stuffers, triple-double, get your ass black duffled
Body bag, body bag, body bag”

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
@Lunatic
@whiteflame
@AustinL0926
@WyIted
Alright, read the above 3 parts if you don’t want to click on the link
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Savant
You as well
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@ILikePie5
my b
WyIted
Debates: 27
WyIted
I almost want to lynch mharman so he stops wasting his life writing essays for mafia. Like a mercy kill. 

Maybe the kid can go out and actually talk to girls or something if I do lynch him. 
Mharman
Mharman
More about Whiteflame and Earth:

Earth: I don't like how hard they're defending Austin and parroting him. However, if he's town it's an OMGUS... which also kinda makes sense. Looking back, my appeal to his behavior isn't that strong. I guess a strengthener would hang back a bit more, and he's right that Ozark was a long ass time ago. I'll admit that reference was weak on my part.

However, I feel like the reasoning for Godot is weird. Yes, he makes Phoenix Wright a better lawyer in the lore... but coffee? Sure, but it also reads like something that was added to bolster a fake claim. Although reading into specific wording in a role PM might be a bit too far in the mod psyche department. I don't know if he claimed strengthener because he is and town, or if he fake claimed it because he knew there's a redirector in the game. Like I said, I can see Casey adding or leaving it out in the game.

Lunatic sees something good in Earth. But how much do I trust his reads, given he's scumreading me? I will admit, strengthening Lunatic is a good decision from Earth's stated POV. But it's also very obvious and can be fake.

Whiteflame: I had a massive FOS on him in DP1 for refusing to hammer with only a few hours left. Last game, he saw Casey get suddenly latched onto after he was late to jump on the Pie wagon, which may have influenced his decision to be hesitant this time. He even said he needed to be prepared for town to latch onto previously townread/under-the-rader scum so quickly. You can see him be hesitant on me this DP. On the other hand, I don't think he would be scumread for hammering me since so many people scumread me now. But maybe he's afraid? Scum can be patient and wait. But then again, giving me time is something I would do if I were him. I gave Austin time.

Then there's the whole magistrate redirect thing. Whiteflame got selected, which looks sus, but could also easily be WIFOM. It makes sense with the idea that Austin thought he'd be townread coming into day, and scum Whiteflame would be less confident and looking for insurance they both made it to DP3. Maybe they're relying on town to overthink the fact that the anti-vote protection is on Whiteflame? Furthermore, Austin clearly didn't expect Lunatic and I to be confirmed today... so that would mean they'd have a higher pool of people that could have given the redirect to Whiteflame that could be accused.

And why did he use his soft claim to say Savant was town last DP? That seems pretty townie. But you don't have to be town to vouch for a townie. It can be done for town cred. I guess it would bolster Austin's argument that he "cLeARed SLoTs" and could, in no way be scum. Austin did go for Savant because he was self destructing under pressure, so maybe they didn't expect for one of them to have to make the argument that Savant is scum to escape POE? But then why is Whiteflame still somewhat defending Savant (I think?)? I guess he doesn't need to attack Savant, if at the end of the day, he was going to mislynch me.

I'll go 55/45 for Whiteflame being the teammate. There's even scum arguments for either, but I think the case for Earth being town is stronger than the one for Whiteflame.
Mharman
Mharman
I deleted the Google doc, so now you have to use Pie's copy-paste.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Mharman
Okay caterpillar.  
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@Mharman
Thank you Pie. And yes Mharman, in the future, please keep messages within DART. I trust that you would follow the rules of course, but Google docs can be edited and I'd have no reliable way of knowing. It's just a policy thing. 
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Casey_Risk
Fair. Didn’t think about that.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
Votes:

Austin (3/4): Mharman, WyIted, Savant
Mharman (3/4): Austin, Lunatic, Earth 
WyIted
WyIted
You can check edits on the Doc though. It was created at 130 pm and last edited at about 730, but it is a security leak
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Mharman
I agree with a lot of this, mainly because it's based on behavioral reads that could easily swing either way. I don't agree with much of Austin's reads on you and Savant because, frankly, I still don't think you guys are a scum team and he seems to be resting his case on that. I can't say whether this is just a poorly conceived effort by Austin to sus you because he's desperate town or desperate scum.

I've already mentioned my reasons for seeing your claim as off, particularly as it relates to the timing you made it. It's actually similar to the reason Savant was pre-sussing me for claiming a protective role that never came: for someone who had the sole protective role in the game and sported the MC, two things that should have made you almost instantly townread upon claiming, you were extremely hesitant to claim without getting a claim from Luna first, someone whom you seemed to townread up to that point. I get that Luna regrets his decision to out his role and use thereof, but that came after a lot of touchy interactions early on that should have been opportunities for you to just clarify and have your role confirmed. That decision stands out to me, since I would have to assume that Austin asked about his character among the Feys and got confirmation that she wasn't in the game, whereas any questions you could have asked could have resulted in the same outcome given that I was the only unclaimed character and role at that point.

That being said, I agree that there's a lot that doesn't make sense with Austin's role claim. It's already been mentioned that it clashes with the theme and role claims so far, that the Justice flip seems to run counter to its existence in the game, and that the way he rolled it out makes no sense at all, going from the softclaimed Day Dreamer to just straight Dreamer, apparently with the intention of avoiding a town visit that might also be used to confirm his affiliation. The Day Dreamer gambit, in particular, has never sat right with me since it came to light.

So it's mainly a question of whether I buy your full claim based on confirmation that you visited yourself and the lack of another protective role or if I buy into Austin's admittedly confounding claim about his Dreamer role with no support. I'd like to give Austin a chance to respond to this block of text before I decide, but as I said before, I'll make a decision tonight regardless.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@AustinL0926
Tagging you on this as well. There's a lot to cover, but there are specific points I'd like to see addressed regarding your claim.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@whiteflame
I am just going to shoot straight with you. You are risking a mislynch if you lynch mharman first. You know this, because there is no way you think he is scum or that Austin is town. One of those two are definitely scum and it's pretty obvious who and and nobody will ever believe you chose to lynch mharman because he was more sus than Austin. 

I am not even saying you are risking a mislynch this dp. If you lynch mharman there is a good chance he is innocent and people are going to be wondering how in the hell you chose to lynch mharman over Austin. 

The mislynchnis probably your own. I won't be behind it. I am playing this game pretty lazily at the moment but any avoidance of hammering Austin in favor of the Un CCed doc and some loser who spent 3 hours writing a case he would never write as scum, just doesn't pass the sniff test
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@WyIted
Appreciate your giving me your thoughts about it.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@whiteflame
Appreciate your giving me your thoughts about it.
No problem. I am attempting to contribute
WyIted
WyIted
What other self visiting roles are there besides doc. I know there must be some but I can't think of them
WyIted
WyIted
On the other hand it almost doesn't matter who it is because in lynches like this, one of them is always scum so you just get the other one the next day. It is tempting to flip my vote if I wasn't considering that mharman could block an NK
WyIted
WyIted
I just asked Casey if docs could self doc, just in case you guys were too lazy to
WyIted
WyIted
She said it depends
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@WyIted
When I asked if I could self doc she said “I’ll allow it”

Earlier I asked her if lawyers could self/lawyer if they were in this game.

She said something like “it depends on the specific game, but in general I would let them”….

Was hoping she’d say no outright so I could put away Lunatic’s fears

Savant
Savant
-->
@whiteflame
So you're fine with everyone else on the lynch apart from the person who is clearly the most hesitant to pick a side and is still giving Mharman ample opportunity to defend himself? Sure, that tracks.
Well you're the only person whose vote I can influence, and you have paid a lot of attention to the logic for each person. I just don't see you getting this wrong unless you are scum. If you have a ton of confidence that Mharman is scum, then go ahead and vote him. If you vote for him despite my warnings and are wrong, then you'll have to accept that I'll have you as a top scumread tomorrow.
Mharman
Mharman
If Whiteflame’s the teammate I’m probably dead. Unless someone from my wagon flips their vote.

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Savant
Also, if Whiteflame hammers me, get Austin first. He is the far safer target.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Mharman
If Whiteflame’s the teammate I’m probably dead.
If he votes you and you are town, I will try to get WF lynched tomorrow. Austin is POE, but WF would become my top scum read if he lynches outside POE and is wrong.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Mharman
It depends on WF's vote tbh. Austin's actions could maybe be explained as very emotional behavior. WF has thought way too hard about this to be mislynching as town. If I couldn't get WF lynched, I would maybe settle for Austin. But that's assuming WF mislynches you, which I'm not sure he will.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Savant
Then odds of Whiteflame being town and misreading the situation so bad he mislynches me are far higher then the odds of Austin being town.

Do not.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Mharman
If WF is scum and votes you, I'll probably be killed at night anyway, so this might not matter. Austin might do something so crazy that it changes my mind here, but I've seen WF play before, and he doesn't usually make huge blunders.

But who knows, maybe one of them will scumslip.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Savant
But who knows, maybe one of them will scumslip.
Did you not read my argument that Pie copypasted? Bro.