Classic Movies Mafia DP3

Author: Casey_Risk

Read-only
Total: 178
WyIted
Debates: 29
WyIted
Now maybe there is a 1% chance moozer is innocent but it's unreasonable to give a shit about being wrong 1% of the time
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@Lunatic
Are you sure that whiteflame is a Vanilla Townie, or just Vanilla? Typically, a Vanilla cop will get a "Vanilla" result for both Vanilla Townies and Mafia Goons, at least in my experience.

unvote to prevent any shenanigans but would like an answer to this when you can
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@WyIted
But he literally came up with the exact some role and made a terrible excuse for not using thay exact same role previously. See post 46
I can see the similarities. But his excuse there was a lot more plausible and so was the role.

Like to be frank, I just don't think Moozer would come up with that justification for such a specific role only to claim it couldn't be confirmed in that manner.
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
I'm going to VTL Moozer.  I find this push on WF to be really odd 
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Sorry, had to go do something - I missed Luna's replies, so he and whiteflame are almost certainly town, hard to see him tying himself so closely to a scum partner like this.

VTL Wylted

Next in line in my suspects. I think Earth and banana (especially the latter) are likely town
WyIted
WyIted
When somebody has the same exact role and are conveniently taking the same exact actions they took in a game where they were scum  it's pretty obvious they need to be lynched. This is silly

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@iamanabanana
Honestly I wasn't into the game earlier either but just do your job and place a vote onnowen so you aren't completely useless
WyIted
WyIted
Hold on let me be like somebody else I know.

We live in a world where artificial intelligence exists. A being with more knowledge then the top 10 smartest people to ever exist combined and whose knowledge and wisdom is at the fingertips of literally anyone who wants it to be, but Owen's justification is really fucking good so obviously it can't be bullshit. 
WyIted
WyIted
Sorry for being a dick guys. It's honestly annoying. See an obvious lynch and it being ignored
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@WyIted
I get it.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@AustinL0926
So you return, brush off the sus on me, and are also basically ignoring the responses I gave you and my bases for sussing Moozer and pursuing his lynch. That’s a choice.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@AustinL0926
Are you sure that whiteflame is a Vanilla Townie, or just Vanilla? Typically, a Vanilla cop will get a "Vanilla" result for both Vanilla Townies and Mafia Goons, at least in my experience.

unvote to prevent any shenanigans but would like an answer to this when you can

Yes I am 100% sure. Bullish already asked the same question and I asked casey about it already. I was  specifically told whiteflame was a "Vanilla Townie" and when I asked about if a goon would show up as a "Vanilla Townie" He said no. So if whiteflame is scum then casey is a bastard mod. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@WyIted
But the fact bullish Austin and lunatic do not have votes on moozer is ridiculous. If one of those people are on the scum team and I think Austin is than I can forgive you but the other two are being  retarded. 
Consider my vote on moozer, just have no reason to rush the phase. Everyone acted like I was the biggest dick in the world for hammering someone with an hour left in the last game, so I can be patient. 
iamanabanana
Debates: 1
iamanabanana
-->
@WyIted
I'll vote moozer, he should have used his role better, and it's very suspicious of him. VTL moozer.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
Votes:

Moozer (4/5): Whiteflame, WyIted, Earth, Banana
Whiteflame (1/5): Bullish
Wylted (1/5): Austin

Did you know? Alfred Hitchcock made a cameo appearance in 40 of his films.

whiteflame
whiteflame
At this point, here’s how I’m seeing everyone:

Bullish is confirmed town by his role. Can’t see him being scum with that.

Banana is basically confirmed town. I’d say it’s extremely unlikely that Owen pushes that hard against his own scum partner with limited pressure from other players.

WyIted is town. I had my concerns about him in DP1, but he was pushing Moozer before the claim and I can’t see him doing that as scum.

I also put Luna as town. Vanilla Cop makes way too much sense in a game with this many likely Vanillas.

Earth is a town lean. I can see a world in which he’s just managing to fit in with the Vanilla crowd due to being a Goon, but the wording he used has me putting him here.

Cerulean’s in the same camp. He plays a very convincing town as scum as we saw last game, but everything I’ve seen from him so far is just too authentic for me to make him fully null.

That leaves Austin. He was already in PoE, and frankly, his defense of Moozer is so baffling that I’d easily consider his lynch this DP, not to mention the hard turn on me made no sense.

There’s also Moozer, but he’s scum for so many reasons.

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Casey_Risk
I think birds is  a hitchcock film. Maybe not.  As a child my mom would watch Friday the 13th or nightmare on elm street. You name the slasher flick and she made me watch it with her. 

Nothing bothered me. Nothing except for birds. I think I could sense something was wrong because back in that day they actually had sewn live birds to the actors clothing. It scared the shit out of me and even today I have this primal fear of any and all birds
Moozer325
Debates: 19
Moozer325
Alright, I’m at L-1, so here’s my final defense.

1. My role is pretty weird and complicated, it feels like it’s a odd scum claim. Though, you could go into a whole WIFOM thing about how this is what I intended
  2. My mistake about forgetting to use my role is something I’ve done many times before. I use this excuse every time, and I don’t expect to get a pass for it every time, but it’s what happened, so that’s what I’m telling you.
  3. So far I’m an un-CCed protective role (I think, could have missed something)
  4. I can confirm myself over the night. If anyone wants me to, you can pick a player for me to give the doc to, and I’ll do that.
  5. I claimed a holiday movie super early on, which locked me in for either “It’s a wonderful life”, or “Miricle on 34tg street” so not a lot of options there.

Cerulean
Debates: 0
Cerulean
-->
@Lunatic
@whiteflame
So if whiteflame is scum then casey is a bastard mod. 
Counterpoint: There was a scum role last game that said explicitly in its text:
you will investigate as if you were a Vanilla Townie.
That being said, it seems fairly unlikely for the exact same thing to show up again. If WF is scum, that makes the most sense in a world paired with you than that specific role being used.

--

My vote is spiritually on Moozer, but I'll hold off on hammering in case anyone else has anything else useful to say.

--

He plays a very convincing town as scum as we saw last game, but everything I’ve seen from him so far is just too authentic for me to make him fully null.
If it's any consolation, I intend to confirm my role (not alignment, unfortunately) tomorrow and it can't be prevented.
Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@Moozer325
To be frank, I think the Governor ability's disjoint with your ability is what sinks your claim. They don't mesh well together and it creates potentially weird situations, such that I don't really believe Casey would include both. This is why my Conditional Vigilante claim last game didn't work.

Just in case you are in fact Town, at this point I'd much rather you post a detailed legacy about who you think is Town/Scum. Help us out, here, if we're off the right path.

...or spew your teammate Mafia, that would be useful as well.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Moozer325
My role is pretty weird and complicated, it feels like it’s a odd scum claim. Though, you could go into a whole WIFOM thing about how this is what I intended
Noted and addressed. Literally had a role just like this with a different gifted role last game. Only difference is the daytime use.

My mistake about forgetting to use my role is something I’ve done many times before. I use this excuse every time, and I don’t expect to get a pass for it every time, but it’s what happened, so that’s what I’m telling you.
A. You really have to stop doing it, dude. You get sussed for it all the time, so whether you’re doing this accidentally or intentionally, please stop.
B. You’re definitely not getting a pass for it, particularly with this role and what it takes to confirm yourself. You either went anti-town with it or you’re scummy. Both are bad.

So far I’m an un-CCed protective role (I think, could have missed something)
Not convinced of that yet. Decently likely there’s another protective role that’s just not claimed yet because it’s not a CC. Even if there are no others, in a game with a Vanilla Cop and this many Vanillas, I suspect both town and scum are underpowered, so that’s not impossible.

I can confirm myself over the night. If anyone wants me to, you can pick a player for me to give the doc to, and I’ll do that.
Even if you did that, I can almost guarantee that something will happen during the NP that will result in an unexpected result. Strange as well that you haven’t mentioned a limit on when you can act. Is it just the end of the DP? Could you submit it now, get lynched, and it would still go to the target because you confirmed your target before you died? If not, why isn’t it just a nighttime role? I don’t see what you “confirm” here, either.

I claimed a holiday movie super early on, which locked me in for either “It’s a wonderful life”, or “Miricle on 34tg street” so not a lot of options there.
Should we just ignore the fact that Owen just straight up claimed his scum character? Also, why would you point out that you gave yourself two options? How does that help you to point out that you knew you had a potential fake claim?

While we’re at it, no one’s done any theme analysis yet, but it seems like there’s a solid connection between Baby Face and It’s A Wonderful Life that hasn’t been discussed yet: films that weren’t appreciated on release. It’s A Wonderful Life got its figurative wings as a film when it started being played on television, not when it was in theaters. Can’t say the other films claimed so far fit that bill.

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Cerulean
If it's any consolation, I intend to confirm my role (not alignment, unfortunately) tomorrow and it can't be prevented.
That’s fine by me, at least for now.
Bullish
Bullish
-->
@Moozer325
Nope, can’t give myself the wings
u answered the wrong question bruh, can the doc self doc??????
Bullish
Bullish
-->
@Lunatic
Casey said no to “would a goon show up as vanilla on my report”
ok
Bullish
Bullish
-->
@whiteflame
While we’re at it, no one’s done any theme analysis yet, but it seems like there’s a solid connection between Baby Face and It’s A Wonderful Life that hasn’t been discussed yet: films that weren’t appreciated on release. It’s A Wonderful Life got its figurative wings as a film when it started being played on television, not when it was in theaters. Can’t say the other films claimed so far fit that bill.
thats actually good analysis
Bullish
Bullish
Moozer is literally confirmable, just have him give me the doc and then I doc myself
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Bullish
thats actually good analysis
Thanks.

Moozer is literally confirmable, just have him give me the doc and then I doc myself
I'm almost certain it won't play out that way and that we'll be back to discussing this next DP, but fine. If we're looking elsewhere, who's your preferred lynch?

AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@whiteflame
Because we already did. He had TWO DPS to confirm his role and didn't, whether out of an abundance of misplaced caution or because, as you put it, he just plumb forgot.
Yes. I find it a more likely scenario then him fakeclaiming. Balancing of relative probabilities.

And the difference is that, in that game, Owen was lynched DP1. He didn't have a chance to confirm. If Owen had survived and claimed he didn't use his role NP1, I'd have been right alongside everyone else sussing the fuck out of him for failing to confirm his role when given the chance.
And we can give Moozer a chance to confirm today.
I've been very thorough on my reasoning for Moozer being scum. If you want to call it overconfidence, then respond to even a fraction of what I've posted because this is ridiculous. As for Owen, I made clear at the start of DP2 that he was my preferred lynch. But at this point, if you want to lynch me, you'd better have a good reason not to believe Luna's result.
Moozer's posting is towny and his claim is towny. I don't want to lynch you anymore.
If all of the above defense of Moozer wasn't enough, this is just the icing on the cake. No one's pushed on you for your claim yet, but you're already defensive about it and dismissive of any potential pressure you could receive. If your goal is to draw attention to you, you're doing great.
Why are you role fishing?
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@whiteflame
Noted and addressed. Literally had a role just like this with a different gifted role last game. Only difference is the daytime use.
Yes, I think Casey could easily have been inspired by it (admittedly Moozer could have copied it too so this is a weak point).

A. You really have to stop doing it, dude. You get sussed for it all the time, so whether you’re doing this accidentally or intentionally, please stop.
B. You’re definitely not getting a pass for it, particularly with this role and what it takes to confirm yourself. You either went anti-town with it or you’re scummy. Both are bad.
I'm annoyed at Moozer as well. Guess what, I don't lynch people because they're annoying. There is a huge distinction between being anti-town and scummy, being able to identify the difference is one of the most critical skills any mafia player can have.
Not convinced of that yet. Decently likely there’s another protective role that’s just not claimed yet because it’s not a CC. Even if there are no others, in a game with a Vanilla Cop and this many Vanillas, I suspect both town and scum are underpowered, so that’s not impossible.
Another point in Moozer's favor. I'm just going to say right now that my role has no overlap with Moozer, and weakly supports the existence of his role.
Even if you did that, I can almost guarantee that something will happen during the NP that will result in an unexpected result. Strange as well that you haven’t mentioned a limit on when you can act. Is it just the end of the DP? Could you submit it now, get lynched, and it would still go to the target because you confirmed your target before you died? If not, why isn’t it just a nighttime role? I don’t see what you “confirm” here, either.
He can literally give it to someone who can confirm, it doesn't matter the doc actually works.

That's decent analysis, but I still townread Moozer overall.

AustinL0926
AustinL0926
I know exactly how bad this looks if Moozer flips scum. I just very strongly believe he doesn't. I don't like, exactly have the time and effort to constantly lawyer up for him, but I think that the way he's been treated in thread reeks of scum trying to get rid of him before he can confirm himself.