Classic Movies Mafia DP3

Author: Casey_Risk

Read-only
Total: 178
Casey_Risk
Debates: 3
Casey_Risk
This DP will last 72 hours and will end at 2:30 PM EDT on Monday, Oct 21. Note: last night was considered to be NP1 although taking place after DP2, due to being the first completed night phase of the game.

Deceased players:

• Owen_T - Lynched DP2 - You are Baby Face! This Barbara Stanwyck film depicts a young woman named Lily Powers who seduces many men and uses sex to advance her career and personal status. At the time it was released, it was highly controversial and garnered negative reactions in the press. These days, film historians appreciate it for its boundary-pushing nature and its reflection of depression-era anxieties. Because of Powers’s use of sex to manipulate men, you are the Manipulative JOAT - 1x Redirector, 1x Deflector, 1x Bus Driver. You may use one ability per night, but may not use any ability more than once. You win with the Mafia. 
  • ILikePie5 - Died NP1 - You are Seven Samurai! This Akira Kurosawa film released in 1954 is still considered one of the greatest samurai films of all time, sometimes even one of the greatest films in general. Set during the Sengoku Jidai or ‘Warring States’ period of Japanese history, this film is centered around a small village which must hire samurai to protect it from bandits. Unlike many other samurai movies which depict the samurai as glorious heroes who have to save idiotic villagers, Seven Samurai takes a more nuanced view, showing the samurai as not all being honorable, while the villagers were still competent on their own, they simply needed help to defend themselves. Because the samurai came to aid the village and protect it from being ransacked, you are the Strengthener. Once per night, you may target any player to prevent their night actions (if they take any) from being interfered with, such as by a Roleblocker, Redirector, etc. You win with the Town.
Living players:

1. Moozer325 
  2. WyIted
  3. Lunatic 
  4. AustinL0926 
  5. whiteflame
  6. Bullish
  7. Cerulean
  8. Earth
  9. iamanabanana
With nine living players, it takes five votes to reach a majority. 
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@Lunatic
@whiteflame
@AustinL0926
@WyIted
@Moozer325
Return to your seats 
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@Earth
@Bullish
@Cerulean
@iamanabanana
Act 3 begins 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@WyIted
Well, considering Pie drove that lynch pretty hard and had not yet claimed, I'm not surprised he was the NK target. 

Looks like we got rid of the Mafia JOAT, which should be a big deal given that it's likely scum have a Goon. He certainly had a lot of manipulation options, so it would have been a big problem if he'd stayed in the game. That means we'll have more reliable results (hopefully) from anyone who used them.

After work, I'll look back over the events of the last two DPs a little more, but suffice it to say that presence on the lynch does not mean people can be easily written off. Bullish is pretty firmly town based on his role and early push on the lynch. I still townread Banana, all the more so given Owen's dogged pursuit of her as a lynch target. They're easily my strongest townreads. My townleans (Luna, Cerulean and Earth) all were notably not on the lynch, but I'm not writing off Austin, WyIted or Moozer at this point, especially since the latter two joined the lynch late. WyIted, in particular, has had a weird route to explain why he susses Banana that I just don't understand. I could see him doing that as an effort to bolster Owen's attempts at a mislynch.

So that's where I'm going first. I want a fullclaim from WyIted.

VTL WyIted
whiteflame
whiteflame
Also, just to update:

Alive

• Moozer325: 1940-1960 —> Holiday
  • WyIted - 1953-1958 —> Thriller
  • Lunatic - 1950-1955 —> Crime/Drama
  • AustinL0926: 1930-1935 —> Crime
  • whiteflame - Some Like it Hot - Vanilla
  • Bullish - 12 Angry Men —> 1x Governor
  • Cerulean - Spartacus - ???
  • Earth - 10 Commandments - ???
  • iamanabanana - Casablanca - Vanilla

• Dead

• ILikePie5: Seven Samurai - Strengthener
  • Owen_T (scum #1/3): Baby Face - Manipulative JOAT - 1x Redirector, 1x Deflector, 1x Bus Driver

• Earth
    Debates: 4
    Earth
    To be honest, I'm a little upset my gambit didn't work. I am a Vanilla.
    whiteflame
    whiteflame
    -->
    @Earth
    And your character?
    whiteflame
    whiteflame
    I mean to say, is it accurate?
    Earth
    Earth
    -->
    @whiteflame
    My justification? Not particularly fitting, although I don't know the theme.
    whiteflame
    whiteflame
    -->
    @Earth
    I would like to know the justification as well, but I would also like verification that you were the 10 Commandments.
    Earth
    Earth
    -->
    @whiteflame
    I am in fact the 10 commandment. My justification is my movie tells the story of Moses and I can deliver town to victory, therefore I'm Vanilla. 
    whiteflame
    whiteflame
    -->
    @Earth
    Alright. I'd say that's consistent enough with my justification.
    whiteflame
    whiteflame
    That makes 3 Vanilla atm. Would be shocked if scum didn't have a Goon to balance.
    WyIted
    Debates: 29
    WyIted
    I have no problem with a full claim. I think my character gives away my role so I am just going to STFU unless somebody else other than whiteflame wants my claim. I think I am in a few people's scum pools so I am not opposed to full claiming I just don't want to do it unless I feel that enough town members want me to. 
    Cerulean
    Debates: 0
    Cerulean
    -->
    @Lunatic
    @WyIted
    @Moozer325
    Hi all. Good call on Owen.

I'm admittedly not completely torn up by Pie dying, because I was getting a bit worked up in my head over whether he would hellbus a partner like that for fun and profit and to try and spew himself Town- but I suppose not.

My immediate POE of WyIted/Lunatic/Moozer hasn't changed a whole lot. Though, granted, my reasoning on Moozer somewhat depended on him having stronger teammates who were steering discussion away from him. I'm willing to hold off a bit there.

WyIted hard defended and tried to nudge the vote off Owen, so from a Level 0 perspective, I think it's worthwhile to look there. He did eventually vote Owen, but only after it was clear the vote wasn't going to shift.

Lunatic has felt very off compared to last game. He feels like less of an entity who's participating and more of just a floater. I know he might be busy, but it's jarring. And Post 66 in the last phase is... not great. The justifications are waffley and there's no real stances taken that couldn't be changed on a whim.

Moozer also needs to give me more, and I'm still weirded out about the way everyone seems to be sort-of disregarding him. He was on the "obliterate Owen" ride following the claim, so I'm willing to leave him in outer POE now to post better content.

---

I think Banana is hard spewed Town by Owen- I don't think anyone was actually considering her, but I wanted to say out loud that she should absolutely never be on the table today.
    Cerulean
    Cerulean
    -->
    @whiteflame
    3 VT, 5 Town PRs? If real, then it does definitely make sense for a Goon to exist. Pie's and Bullish's (if Town) roles aren't super powerful either, so I can see this just being a low-power game all-around.

Bullish
    Bullish
    EZ gaem
    whiteflame
    whiteflame
    -->
    @Cerulean
    3 VT, 5 Town PRs? If real, then it does definitely make sense for a Goon to exist. Pie's and Bullish's (if Town) roles aren't super powerful either, so I can see this just being a low-power game all-around.
    I recall at least one game where there were a surprising number of Vanillas, though Earth could very well be faking his claim. If they have a Goon, the justification is likely very similar.
    Casey_Risk
    Casey_Risk
    Votes:

Wylted (1/5): Whiteflame 
    WyIted
    WyIted
    Owen was very obvious after his final 2 posts. I honestly wouldn't have voted him if he just went MIA TBH. Nobody other than whiteflame has asked for my claim cerulean has indicated I am in their scum pool. Lunatic put me in their scum pool last dp but there are no other requests so I am just going to chill. 

I also would prefer to wait on a claim until everyone has posted as well.

Do we have claims from anyone who has a visiting role at all and if so who I have been a bit inattentive
    Cerulean
    Cerulean
    -->
    @WyIted
    Do we have claims from anyone who has a visiting role at all and if so who I have been a bit inattentive
    Pie's role looks like it visits.

Mine also does.

WyIted
    WyIted
    -->
    @Cerulean
    I think moozer is scum. I have a second suspect but I will keep it pined for now

VTL Moozer for death 

i just reread the DPs and I am back to my old self now. Lets lynch moozer.

Also hindsight bias but owen was obvious as fuck when I reread and am a bit embarrassed about being so late with him
    whiteflame
    whiteflame
    -->
    @WyIted
    Moozer is consistently at the edges of my PoE, but he’s in there. That being said, don’t like that you’re pursuing someone without a fullclaim for death. Maybe start with the claim.
    WyIted
    WyIted
    -->
    @Cerulean
    Mine also does.
    Did you claim and I missed it?
    Moozer325
    Debates: 19
    Moozer325
    Alright, I’m just going to fullclaim, even though there isn’t much pressure, because my claim almost certainly going to get me lynched anyways.

I’m “ it’s a wonderful life”

I’m a 2x daytime Inventor doctor. Each DP I chose someone and they get an invention which makes them a doctor in addition to their role for the night.

My justification is that in the movie, Joseph sent an angel down to earth to save whoever jimmy Stewart’s character was, so I can make other people the “angel” and they save people through their doctor.

The whole Daytime thing threw me off, and I forgot to use my ability last DP. 
    WyIted
    WyIted
    Okay let's see what Austin has to say for himself and if he can explain his actions last night

unvote VTL Austin
    whiteflame
    whiteflame
    -->
    @Moozer325
    Yep, you’re right: I really don’t like that claim. 

I’m a 2x daytime Inventor doctor. Each DP I chose someone and they get an invention which makes them a doctor in addition to their role for the night.
    Generally speaking, a daytime role is always going to look sus. Making it a 2X daytime role makes it all the more so, and making it an “inventor doctor” more than that, since we’ve had a recent game where Owen was an Inventor Rolestopper and he’s known scum.

My justification is that in the movie, Joseph sent an angel down to earth to save whoever jimmy Stewart’s character was, so I can make other people the “angel” and they save people through their doctor.
    More red flags. A Guardian Angel or Angel role makes more sense for this same justification. Specifically, the “Inventor” aspect isn’t even mentioned here, so it would make more sense as well if you were just the Doc.

The whole Daytime thing threw me off, and I forgot to use my ability last DP.
    This in particular is a huge red flag. Failing to take the opportunity to prove your role with minimal risk (if scum got it, at worst, they could protect themselves from an unknown Vig) is bad enough, but you have a history of doing this… specifically with a fake claim that could have been verified but never was (a fake Vig claim if I recall correctly). It’s scummy as hell, especially coming from you.

That on top of the decision to claim without any pressure makes you a pretty easy choice for a lynch, so at least on that front, you’re right.

Unvote
    VTL Moozer
    WyIted
    WyIted
    Does anyone else have x shot roles and does a strengthener imply there has to be at least one x shot role?
    whiteflame
    whiteflame
    Also, while we’re at it, I’ll point out that his risk was even lower because he’s a 2X shot. He could have chosen entirely wrong and still at least have been validated while still having a shot left. Moozer’s not so green at this point that he doesn’t understand that. 

It also really doesn’t help that Moozer doesn’t mention when his target learns of their getting the invention. It’s a daytime role. If they get notified during the DP, he could do it anytime and have his role verified. Wanna bet they only get informed at night?
    WyIted
    WyIted
    Never mind I just reread and learned how a strengthener works. 

unvote VTL moozer.