Total: 178
Moozer325
Debates: 19
Moozer325
-->
@whiteflame
@WyIted
Yup, figured this was inevitable. 

Ping me if you need anything else, but if not I’ll accept to being the lynch.
Cerulean
Debates: 0
Cerulean
-->
@WyIted
No, I haven't claimed, but I'll confirm my role tomorrow. All you need to know right now is that it does target someone at night.

Bullish's ability appears to be one shot, and Owen's are each listed as 1x. Strengthener doesn't imply anything about limited shots.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Moozer's claim is bad, but I don't want to turbo kill him. I'd like to hear from more people today, especially Lunatic
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
I think Moozer could have held off hammering Owen. Maybe it would have resulted in a No Lunch (not really since I got on towards the end), but from his perspective I could see scum!Moozer holding off.
Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@Earth
I don't think that's a good reason to townread Moozer here. There was a full 8 and a half (9?) hours left in the phase- Evening/Post-work for the US-based people here. Pie had also pinged a bunch of people, so it was pretty likely that someone was going to come in to hammer.

And also, I did say earlier that I was going to come back and explain my reads list... which also had Moozer in the bottom tier.

In my opinion, the better reason to call Moozer Town is that the "I forgot" justification is actually believable based on his playstyle. From the way I've seen Moozer play, it's not unreasonable to me that he might've gotten confused about how it worked or gotten thrown off by the Day Phase timing.

If anyone wants to chime in on the playstyle of Town Moozer vs. Scum Moozer, I'm all ears.

whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Cerulean
If anyone wants to chime in on the playstyle of Town Moozer vs. Scum Moozer, I'm all ears.
I've had a decent amount of experience with him, including one game on a team with him as scum, though he stepped out of that one early. Long story short, he's not always great with his claims as either town or scum and has made mistakes that have gotten him lynched, but this seems excessive on a bunch of fronts I've already pointed out. He's only had one recent game as scum, so it's our most informative, and that's the Indian Politicians game.

He fake claimed 2X Doc that game (seem familiar?), and among a number of other issues with the claim, one was that he just conveniently chose not to use it during one NP in the middle of the game so that he could claim he used it NP3 to protect someone. So he has a history of claiming a role that he selectively uses to claim that he can prove himself later. 

I'm realizing I made a mistake saying that Moozer fake claimed Vig in a previous game. That was actually JoeBob.
WyIted
Debates: 29
WyIted
-->
@whiteflame
He fake claimed 2X Doc that game (seem familiar?), and among a number of other issues with the claim, one was that he just conveniently chose not to use it during one NP in the middle of the game so that he could claim he used it NP3 to protect someone.
That's the nail in the coffin LOL
WyIted
WyIted
I think Austin is the last scum after him
Cerulean
Cerulean
That is... unnervingly similar.

Cerulean
Cerulean
I mean, I would say "There's no way that someone would be that stupid," but Owen did claim Miller without a lick of irony and then tried to use that exact defense.

Bullish
Bullish
Austin and banana are big time town

whiteflame is big time scum

VTL whiteflame
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Bullish
Austin and banana are big time town

whiteflame is big time scum

VTL whiteflame
Mind explaining this… at all?
Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@Bullish
Do you think Moozer is Town by extension if WF is scum and pushing him? Give me your "why," I'm listening.

Bullish
Bullish
-->
@whiteflame
The push on moozer is dumb af, just have him confirm his role lol.

There's 0 point having a scum doc giver, if his role is confirmed he's basically affliction confirmed, like me.

Also this super unsubtle post https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/11871/posts/477064 to redirect the wagon off owen onto pie
Bullish
Bullish
-->
@Moozer325
can the doc self doc?
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Bullish

There's 0 point having a scum doc giver, if his role is confirmed he's basically affliction confirmed, like me. 

Also this super unsubtle post https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/11871/posts/477064 to redirect the wagon off owen onto pie
This is just baffling. Moozer straight up refused to use his role to confirm himself despite having 4 and a half days to make a choice. He also had you, someone who was virtually confirmed town, as a choice. All he has to do at this point is claim he used his role on his scum partner, and he’ll have “confirmed” using it, the same way he “confirmed” himself in the Indian Politicians game. I also don’t get how it’s affiliation confirmation unless his target correctly protects the target of the NK, which scum can easily manipulate by just refusing to NK.

As for that post, understanding why Pie would be a target after multiple people began sussing him is not an effort to derail the lynch, nor was questioning how baffling Owen’s strategy would have to be as scum to put him in that position.

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Bullish
Did you see whiteflame state the following

He fake claimed 2X Doc that game (seem familiar?), and among a number of other issues with the claim, one was that he just conveniently chose not to use it during one NP in the middle of the game so that he could claim he used it NP3 to protect someone. So he has a history of claiming a role that he selectively uses to claim that he can prove himself later. 
He looked scummy on a reread of DP1 he had this awkward thing going that scum teams often have where they ignore each other through the DP and interactions with scum partners feel forced. Austin had the same type of vive but not as bad as Moozers. 
Bullish
Bullish
Alive

• Moozer325: 1940-1960 —> Holiday - 2x inventor doc
  • WyIted - 1953-1958 —> Thriller
  • Lunatic - 1950-1955 —> Crime/Drama
  • AustinL0926: 1930-1935 —> Crime
  • whiteflame - Some Like it Hot - Vanilla
  • Bullish - 12 Angry Men —> 1x Governor
  • Cerulean - Spartacus - ???
  • Earth - 10 Commandments - vanilla
  • iamanabanana - Casablanca - Vanilla

• Dead

• ILikePie5: Seven Samurai - Strengthener
  • Owen_T (scum #1/3): Baby Face - Manipulative JOAT - 1x Redirector, 1x Deflector, 1x Bus Driver

• Earth
    Debates: 4
    Earth
    -->
    @Bullish

Bruh. Do you think everyone is saying Scum!Moozer is a mafia doc giver? Although I agree we should let Moozer try to confirm, Moozer had 2 DPs to use it and he forgot both times. Really bizarre post.
    Bullish
    Bullish
    Earth big town
    Bullish
    Bullish
    Everyone knows "at least 1" = 2, so whiteflame is the odd vanilla out
    whiteflame
    whiteflame
    -->
    @Bullish
    Everyone knows "at least 1" = 2, so whiteflame is the odd vanilla out
    Brilliant deduction. Clearly, this is the smoking gun.
    WyIted
    WyIted
    I think bullish is drunk lol and he will be different tomorrow 
    whiteflame
    whiteflame
    I'm fine with getting more claims this DP and not rushing the lynch. Austin in particular would be a good claim to get, but if we're considering other lynches, someone will have to give me a very good reason not to lynch Moozer beyond just "he can use his role and someone else can confirm his role."
    Moozer325
    Debates: 19
    Moozer325
    -->
    @Bullish
    Nope, can’t give myself the wings

Casey_Risk
    Debates: 3
    Casey_Risk
    Votes:

Moozer (2/5): Whiteflame, WyIted
    Whiteflame (1/5): Bullish 

Did you know? Bambi and Bambi II hold the record for the longest time between a movie and its sequel, with the original movie being released in 1942 and its direct-to-video sequel 64 years later in 2006. 
    AustinL0926
    Debates: 33
    AustinL0926
    Hm. Wild claim from Moozer. Town.

Obligatory Sherlock Holmes quote:

"Don't you see that you alternately give himcredit for having too much imagination and too little?"
    On a surface level, it looks ridiculous.

But if you believe Moozer is scum here, you'd have to believe he came up with the effort of creating a complex role claim, an excellent justification, just to come up with a terrible excuse for why he couldn't use it.

Like, he could have claimed 1-shot, he could have claimed Night Inventor who got roleblocked, he could have claimed regular Doctor (consider that if this is a fakeclaim, then there very likely isn't an actual Doctor in the game, as he could have asked Casey for a safeclaim), and he claims in what's almost designed to look like the scummiest way possible.

It's easier for me to think that he had this role and forgot. I've seen worse.

AustinL0926
    AustinL0926
    Also, why are we not giving him a phase to confirm?

This is especially sus by whiteflame, who tore into town last game for not letting Owen, who claimed almost the exact same role, confirm himself.

VTL whiteflame

He had some sketchy positioning around Owen's wagon and I don't like his overconfident push here. There's zero reason for him to be as confident as he is in Moozer being scum, and pushing it so hard, without agenda.
    AustinL0926
    AustinL0926
    I'm not claiming btw. Let scum deal with me at night.
    Lunatic
    Debates: 3
    Lunatic
    Lunatic has felt very off compared to last game. He feels like less of an entity who's participating and more of just a floater. I know he might be busy, but it's jarring. And Post 66 in the last phase is... not great. The justifications are waffley and there's no real stances taken that couldn't be changed on a whim.

I don't think that post is too out of character for me as town, I gut read a lot. That said, I am not as active as I was planning or hoping to be so I apologize for that.