Total: 90
Cerulean
Debates: 0
Cerulean
-->
@Earth
@Lunatic
Did you read the info we got yesterday?
Scum have a passive role that allows them to appear innocent to investigations. In addition, they have an active role capable of causing false investigative reports. (Lunatic)
If Pie is that passive role, or if he's the active role used something like a Framer ability on me, that would create a same alignment investigation, would it not?

...And if we're angleshooting, one of those is probably what happened if Mhar got the result wrong initially.

What's your legacy role? It sounds absolutely useless. (Earth)
Have you ever played Town of Salem? It's kind of like a one-shot version of the Retributionist role from there. I would get to choose a dead role and use one of their abilities. Which, as I said, situational- I think it would only have been actually useful with Moozer, Owen, Banana (if real), and interestingly, it's not restricted to only Good-aligned roles, so I guess if an Evil died with something useful, I could use that too.
Cerulean
Cerulean
I don't know how long you all want to discuss for today- how much time should we go for when the Pie flip/NK might turn things around next phase?

I'll drop my vote onto Pie for now, but no rush.

VTL Pie

Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
Have you ever played Town of Salem? It's kind of like a one-shot version of the Retributionist role from there. I would get to choose a dead role and use one of their abilities. Which, as I said, situational- I think it would only have been actually useful with Moozer, Owen, Banana (if real), and interestingly, it's not restricted to only Good-aligned roles, so I guess if an Evil died with something useful, I could use that too.
It sounds really limited. I suppose you could Strengthen someone I guess.  I suggest we just lynch Pie and see what role he is, if he's a Godfather or whatever.

VTL Pie
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@Cerulean
I just cant really explain why there is a miller with no cop then, i mean if we had a night kill flip that would be one thing, but with casey self janitoring and being able to talk we know its not him, and flips being revealed on lynch, we dont have to doubt janitor/tailor results yet. But Ig it could be whiteflame and theres just randomly a miller with no cop. IDK.

We don't technically know that the passive role is a godfather. Casey was a movement based investigator, so the passive could be a ninja as well. 
Earth
Earth
-->
@Lunatic
Assuming there is a dreamer, then I can see why there is a Miller. 
Earth
Earth
Something I did not mention is that I am the Universal Miller. If I am investigated by any movement based roles like a tracker, and that tracker visited me, they will see me visit the night kill.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
Vote Count 3.2

Pie (3/4) - Pie, Cerulean, Earth
Earth
Earth
I wanted to hide the fact that there might be movement based roles from mafia but that's a moot point due to how underpowered mafia is apparently.
Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@Earth
@Lunatic
Earth, just to be clear, you don't impact the post-lynch investigations at all, yes?

...But in any case, I suppose that suddenly puts WF back on the table if the "passive role that allows them to appear innocent to investigations" could be one that just doesn't visit (Ninja) instead of one with an alignment that appears as Innocent (Godfather).

Do you think that counts, though? "appear innocent" sounds more like an alignment investigation.

Earth
Earth
-->
@Cerulean

Earth, just to be clear, you don't impact the post-lynch investigations at all, yes?
Can you elaborate?
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Cerulean
I think it would be silly, yes. Unless it's very specifically a Miller that messes with the post chop investigation votes or something (which Earth hasn't mentioned). As I said, I thought the only real team with you in it was with Earth, and with Pie outing that's clearly not it. So I'm willing to treat you as cleared for now. 
Alright, makes sense.

It's apparently a very weak role because I'm awful at guessing nightkills. I posted a link to wikipedia for you to read, but basically, the justification is that one Auburn Calloway attempted to hijack the flight and kill all of the crew members with a (spear)gun. The reason it's conditional is because the speargun was only used afterhe tried to kill the crew with hammers, as a sort of last resort.
The role is, effectively, a no risk Vig with a significantly reduced chance of success. Convenient for it to have been unsuccessful 3 times in a row, though I can at least see why you’d choose those people. 

As for the legacy, which I forgot to mention, because exactly one of the crew members ever flew again, I can use an ability from one person (not myself) in the graveyard the Night following my death. Which is fairly situational.
That is… odd. You’re not alive at that point, so informational roles are useless. Luna’s BP is useless. Earth’s Miller is useless. So… Strengthner I guess? That’s a lot to bank on a single player being killed off.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Cerulean
I'm pretty sure I'm cleared by WF's investigations. Like, I know there can be manipulatives in play, but if it were me, that would mean that WF's ability would have needed to be blocked/delayed Night 1 AND made incorrect somehow. I still don't have a strong grasp on the roles that get used here, but that seems like really weird design.
Definitely not. We know scum have two ways to manipulate my results, which would make a lot of sense of why you'd both have the same affiliation (i.e. one of you is scum and got Lawyered, and one of you is the Godfather). The latter could well be you, which makes sense of both results, since in both cases you'd investigate as town. If you were the target of the Lawyer, that would be a different story since you were investigated both times. But we can always see what flip Pie shows and base it on that.

whiteflame
whiteflame
I'm going to hold off on the hammer because there's still value in getting the post counts up and continuing the conversation that's ongoing. At this point, though, it's pretty clear that either I'm lying or Cerulean is.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
Happy birthday pie, don’t blame you for wanting to go hang out on your birthday
Thanks man, appreciate it. It was a good day

and yeah it does seem a bit town sided with all the mod info. Hope your day gets better.
A bit is an understatement by a mile. You’ll see
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
Well… I guess given that there were two town JOATs with a selection of investigative roles, and we’re getting info from the mods, that makes sense that you’d be frustrated.
That’s part of it, but there’s other stuff too. But the balance is actually AIDS

Have a good birthday, dude.
Thanks man. It was good
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Also, it was hilarious that yall believed my silence. I always wanted to try it out in a game as scum. Just didn’t work out cause Town is overpowered 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
Also, it was hilarious that yall believed my silence. 
I was pretty clear that I did not, but as long as you were committed to the stick I had to play along. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
I was pretty clear that I did not, but as long as you were committed to the stick I had to play along. 
Ya makes sense. Austin’s games are just horrible as scum. 2/3 games I’ve been scum. 0/10, would not try again.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
I made it in a an austin game as scum, but there was that bastard mod question answer lmao.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Earth
@iamanabanana
earth, banana, trusing you to get it right between cerulean and whiteflame. Good luck.

VTL pie

Behavior tells me whiteflame, design philosophy says its ceru. idk glad I don't have to make the  decision lol
whiteflame
whiteflame
Alright then, guess the DP's over. Don't think anyone's getting access to their legacy role this DP, so hopefully we don't end up needing them. I'll use my 1X Cop tonight for whatever that's worth.

Also, server's terrible this morning.
Lunatic
Lunatic
Pie won’t use his legacy role either though so it’s probably a good thing. Also my legacy role is kind of pointless anyway, since it reveals a janitored or tailored on fully and I don’t have any reason think any of the current flips have been tampered with.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
Got it. Given how my results have likely been manipulated, my legacy role may not end up being useful.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
Pie won’t use his legacy role either though so it’s probably a good thing.
It’s practically useless anyways.

Also my legacy role is kind of pointless anyway, since it reveals a janitored or tailored on fully and I don’t have any reason think any of the current flips have been tampered with.

Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
Ding dong!

Ladies and Gentlemen, your co-pilot is speaking to you for one final time. My time managing this flight has come to an end. The captain is returning and he will be closing the thread when he does.

At this time, we remind you to be careful to contain the blood, now that you have chosen your lynch. Nonetheless, an attendant will still bring cleaning supplies, if necessary. Also, I have a parachute and a pre-planned route back home. So long, suckers!

For the final time, thank you for flying with Mayday Airlines, where we hold our surviving passengers' families hostage to prevent whistle-blowing, and you should take the hint.

Click!
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Captain been asleep the entire time 
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
Final vote count:

Pie (4/4) - Pie, Cerulean, Earth, Luna

Pie was lynched! He was.... guilty!
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
NTSB Headquarters, 4:20 PM, October 7, 2024 

It’s a quiet day.  

Then again, that’s how it should be. It’s not often that a plane spirals into the ground. 

Investigators bustle back and forth. Shuffling paperwork, mostly. Busy office drones, each taking their own paths across their sky. 

In a quiet corner, a one-way receiver crackles with static. It can pick up transmissions, and that’s about it. But this is the NTSB, not air traffic control. Once upon a time, they were one and the same. 

It’s a novelty, a relic of a forgotten age, when transportation regulation was in its infancy and the government didn’t quite know what to do. 

Nowadays, of course, it rarely gets used. Sometimes, an airplane passing by will shoot a message for the fun of it.  

An intern idles by the coffee machine. Out of the corner of his eye, he sees the receiver flashing. Letters start to appear. 

“Hey, anyone else seeing this?” 

A small crowd begins to gather. 

MAY DAY 
MAY DAY 
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT... 

The letters pause. A visible atmosphere of apprehension descends across the room. What terrible problem could bring a mighty airliner down to its knees, to plead for help to nameless strangers on the ground? 

YOUR 

“Who, us?” 

BALANCING 

The experienced investigators immediately begin running over scenarios. Center of gravity problem, aileron reversal, catastrophic pitch control. Out of all the problems that can appear on an aircraft, loss of balance is one of the worst. 

SUX 

For a moment, no one speaks, as they try to make sense of the confusing message. 

Suddenly, a lone, droning roar of engines reverberates from the distance. It grows louder, louder, louder, becoming deafening and then all at once there’s screeching and clanging and dust and ash and fire. 

In a matter of seconds, the NTSB headquarters are nothing but a smoking crater.  

Over the next few years, experts will debate over how Pie Airlines Flight 420 could have so tragically crashed into the world’s leading aircraft investigation center.
Ultimately, the probable cause is determined to be salt contamination in the engines, but few believe this. 

And for those who really know? Well, dead men tell no tales. 
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Earth
@Lunatic
@whiteflame
@Cerulean
@iamanabanana
With only one scum remaining, investigations have been disabled.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@whiteflame
Please submit night actions within 24 hours. Lock thread please