Debates: 3
Lunatic
Townslip*
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Earth
Wait shit I think I should have said JOAT lol...
Yeah, I don't think that would work since a JOAT could have multiple individual roles.

Lunatic
Lunatic
We learned there was a JOAT dp1 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
We learned there was a JOAT dp1 
That too.

Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@whiteflame
I get that, but admittedly I might be over thinking it as Mhar probably meant what abilities mafia has. 
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
INVESTIGATION RESULT

Your score is 3.5.

Regardless of your score, it was going to be revealed that each player to guess a role correctly gets 0.5 points. However, it should be noted that some players did not answer. Their scores were randomized between 0, 0.5, and 1, and added to the total.
Earth
Earth
That sounds awful.
Mharman
Mharman
Regardless of your score, it was going to be revealed that each player to guess a role correctly gets 0.5 points
Note: It’s more accurate to say that each correct guess per player yields 0.5 points… so 0 = both wrong, 0.5 = one right, 1 = both right… rinse and repeat for each player, except for the ones I had to randomize.
Mharman
Mharman
I can’t say anything more.
iamanabanana
Debates: 1
iamanabanana
-->
@Lunatic
Who did you block and why
I roleblocked earth, since he didn't have an active role, I figured it might catch him in a lie. But if you are saying you were the night kill, then maybe earth is really town, or the passive mafia role. Can you role block a passive role?
Cerulean
Debates: 0
Cerulean
-->
@ILikePie5
Good morning, everyone. Sorry for not being around to answer the investigation- I clearly don't check this site regularly enough.

As for my role, I am Federal Express  Flight 705, a Conditional Vigilante. If I ever correctly guess the nightkill, I get a Vigilante charge. Which, of course, I haven't (I guessed Banana on N1 for being a universal townread and WF on N2 for being an Investigative claim).

I'm heading to church, so I'll be out for a bit, but in the meantime, I'd love to know why the Innocent Child that we spent an entire page back-and-forthing about yesterday hasn't come up yet.
Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@iamanabanana
I roleblocked earth, since he didn't have an active role, I figured it might catch him in a lie. But if you are saying you were the night kill, then maybe earth is really town, or the passive mafia role. Can you role block a passive role? (Banana)
What makes you think it's not a Lunatic/Earth team where Earth got blocked and Lunatic claimed the Bulletproof Vest to avoid Earth being outed for it? It doesn't seem entirely unreasonable to me. Maybe a bit contrived, but I think no matter what the solve is, it's probably at least a little contrived at this point.
Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@Earth
Okay, let's do a quick check.

The only way Lunatic can be evil is if Earth is evil. Lunatic/Banana doesn't make sense because there would be no good reason to soft clear Earth by claiming a roleblock there and simultaneously claiming a BPV, and Lunatic/Pie or WF doesn't explain why Lunatic would claim the BPV (and it would have necessitated a holster play in the first place, I believe) before Banana claimed the roleblock. If Lunatic were evil in any non-Earth, non-Banana world, the BPV claim would be completely unnecessary because Banana's roleblock would have made Earth/Banana a false difference check that would win the game for evils, presumably.

The only way WF can be evil is if Earth is evil. This is because if WF's Cop ability is fake, then Earth's Miller role would have no reason to exist. So unless Earth has been FPSing the entire game, other WF teams are off the game. (Although I suppose this could be wrong if Earth's Miller role would have also modified Casey's reports somehow... or the post-death investigations?? Earth, does your role impact all investigative reports or just ones done by players, and do you think it could have impacted Casey?)

That leaves:

Lunatic/Earth
WF/Earth
Pie/Earth
Banana/Earth
Pie/Banana

From my point of view, at least. Anything I'm missing here? Am I making any bad leaps of logic?
Cerulean
Cerulean
one passive role scum has (Investigation question)
Weren't we... flat-out given that there's a Godfather yesterday?
Scum have a passive role that allows them to appear innocent to investigations. (Investigation result)
What else would this even be?

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Sorry guys, yesterday was my mom’s birthday, so I was spending time with her. Today is my birthday and I’m going to enjoy that instead of this broken game.

This game is so town sided, it’s actually laughable. Austin should seriously get his money back from his friend that said this shit was balanced. There’s no way scum can win this game with the crazy amount of information given to town and the roles town has vs scum. Scum is insanely underpowered. Today is my birthday. Rather than each of you fuckers giving me a present, I’m going to give yall a present because this game as scum is atrocious for my mental health. I’m not going be spending a crazy god awful time trying to convince yall I’m town. At least last time I was scum in Austin’s game, I could talk my way out even though that game was town sided too. But this time he’s literally spoon fed town information as to who’s scum. It’s so obvious, a 5 year old could figure it out.

I’m going to spend my time today on my birthday having fun instead of losing hair over this game that’s unwinnable no matter how much time and effort I spend because the mechanics and roles are rigged against scum. The design is atrocious, period. Even Mharman in the scum PM agrees that the design is insanely town sided.

It’s so obvious who’s scum that I told my partner that we should just concede, but they want to keep trying. I’m going to be selfish and just out myself. Today’s the one day I can be selfish. It’s literally rigged against us. Town has broken roles and POE. Scum has crappy/restrictive roles. Impossible to win. Just lynch me, so we can get this over with and yall can see how bad it is. I’m not going to ruin my day today. Common sense.

VTL Pie

Cerulean
Cerulean
If we assume that the Day 1 investigation vote was wrong because the info was... rather bad, compared to the Day 2 info, that does end up removing the Lunatic/Earth and Banana/Earth teams. Which narrows it to Pie/Earth, WF/Earth, or Pie/Banana.

Cerulean
Cerulean
...Uh? Okay? I guess that means it's not WF/Earth. And I also guess that means I'm an idiot for engaging with the "Silencing" and assuming that Pie wouldn't do that.
Earth
Earth
Okay...let's see what everyone thinks.
Lunatic
Lunatic
Happy birthday pie, don’t blame you for wanting to go hang out on your birthday and yeah it does seem a bit town sided with all the mod info. Hope your day gets better.
Mharman
Mharman
Vote Count 3.1

Pie (1/4) - Pie
Lunatic
Lunatic
Its either cerulean or whiteflame. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
Well… I guess given that there were two town JOATs with a selection of investigative roles, and we’re getting info from the mods, that makes sense that you’d be frustrated.

Have a good birthday, dude.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
@Cerulean
So, at this point with one known scum on the table, you think it’s plausible that there’s a Miller without a town alignment investigative role?

For the record, I don’t like Cerulean’s claim. Town has a lot of very powerful PRs, and a Conditional Vig makes little sense to me in addition. Noting the lack of justification in his claim post.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@whiteflame
So, at this point with one known scum on the table, you think it’s plausible that there’s a Miller without a town alignment investigative role?
Thats the only reason I am not insta lynching you. 

I am leaning cerulean but want to think everything over. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
Yep, thinking about it as well
Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@whiteflame
So, at this point with one known scum on the table, you think it’s plausible that there’s a Miller without a town alignment investigative role? (WF)
I think it would be silly, yes. Unless it's very specifically a Miller that messes with the post chop investigation votes or something (which Earth hasn't mentioned). As I said, I thought the only real team with you in it was with Earth, and with Pie outing that's clearly not it. So I'm willing to treat you as cleared for now.

For the record, I don’t like Cerulean’s claim. Town has a lot of very powerful PRs, and a Conditional Vig makes little sense to me in addition. Noting the lack of justification in his claim post. (WF)
It's apparently a very weak role because I'm awful at guessing nightkills. I posted a link to wikipedia for you to read, but basically, the justification is that one Auburn Calloway attempted to hijack the flight and kill all of the crew members with a (spear)gun. The reason it's conditional is because the speargun was only used after he tried to kill the crew with hammers, as a sort of last resort.

As for the legacy, which I forgot to mention, because exactly one of the crew members ever flew again, I can use an ability from one person (not myself) in the graveyard the Night following my death. Which is fairly situational.
Cerulean
Cerulean
I'm pretty sure I'm cleared by WF's investigations. Like, I know there can be manipulatives in play, but if it were me, that would mean that WF's ability would have needed to be blocked/delayed Night 1 AND made incorrect somehow. I still don't have a strong grasp on the roles that get used here, but that seems like really weird design.

My take at the moment is that it's Banana and Pie is also frustrated about them not Playing The Game as much but I haven't done a real close look on how that mech would work yet. It feels like we have enough info to piece it together, though.
Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@Lunatic
Why is Banana impossible? I still find it hard to believe that Town spawned in with a Bulletproof Ascetic, a Roleblocker, a Rolestopper Inventor, and a Strengenther without scum having a recourse, and I think having both a scum Roleblocker and a town Roleblocker would be kind of weird. Do I not know the Austin hosting psyche well enough or...?
Earth
Earth
-->
@Cerulean
What's your legacy role? It sounds absolutely useless.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Cerulean
"CORRECTION: Cerulean and Pie are the same affiliation. I'm so sorry for the error."

If whiteflame is town you are scum by his results.

That's why its either you or whiteflame. Whiteflame could be lying and trying to frame you, but yeah with pie admitting he is scum both banana and earth are off the table. The only thing you really have going for you is my ongoing behavioral scum read on whiteflame, but I am kind of being forced to let that go because it would be difficult to buy a miller being in the game without a cop and whiteflame is the only claimed cop. It almost has to be you.