VTL EARTH
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
unvote
Cerulean
Debates: 0
Cerulean
(As an aside, I've never actually heard of Dreamer as a role before- is the name supposed to mean you think of them while you sleep, or something?)

Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@ILikePie5
Oh, well that's... remarkably simple. In that case, do we let Pie go here and just lynch him tomorrow if it doesn't go off?

Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@Cerulean
(As an aside, I've never actually heard of Dreamer as a role before- is the name supposed to mean you think of them while you sleep, or something?)
Dreamer is an interesting role. Pie likes to include it in his games. Normally, every night the Dreamer will dream of three other (randomly selected) players. At least one of the players in the dream will be scum. However, if anyone targets a Dreamer at night with any action, their sleep will be disturbed, and they will not dream. Whiteflame, however, has an altered version of the role. He picks three people to target and learns how many scum are in that group of three. Though, that really changes how the role works.
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@Cerulean
Sounds good to me. 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Cerulean
I can explain later. I’d just say it doesn’t fit his MO as precisely as I’d previously thought
Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@Casey_Risk
Oh my, the fabled triple mention. 

every night the Dreamer will dream of three other (randomly selected) players. At least one of the players in the dream will be scum.

an altered version of the role. He picks three people to target and learns how many scum are in that group of three.
That sounds like an entirely different role, though? One is passive, the other is active.

...Am I getting hung up over a pointless distinction? Possibly.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@Cerulean
That sounds like an entirely different role, though? One is passive, the other is active.

...Am I getting hung up over a pointless distinction? Possibly.
It is different, but I can see Austin still putting it in this game and calling it some variant of "Dreamer". Given my own role and how creative Austin has been with this game in general, I think it's believable.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Cerulean
VTL CERULEAN
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Unvote
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
VTL MOOZER
Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@ILikePie5
Huh. Is that vote a scumread or was I saying something wrong or are you agreeing or...?

Just to be clear, it is an Innocent Child you can activate at will, right? Let's see,

Vote me and unvote if that was an actual scumread on me and that was what you meant.

Vote Lunatic and unvote if it's an Innocent Child that can in fact be activated at will. (At Night, I assume? I've seen versions that can activate at Day, but the fact that this hasn't already happened suggests to me that isn't the case here.)

Vote Earth and unvote if it's an Innocent Child that has some restriction on use.

Vote WF and unvote if it can be activated at will but you're worried about that plan because it can get roleblocked or have some other malfunction.

Doesn't hurt to be crystal clear.

Lunatic
Lunatic
Still here btw. Patiently waiting until people are ready to lynch either pie or whiteflame. I've laid out my arguments the best I can on that front, so in the mean time I'll just be lurking. If you have any questions I can answer them. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Cerulean
I’m exhausted and I’m probably going to knock off shortly after posting this and catching up, but I wanted to make sure I addressed your point about Earth.

Last DP, at least early on, I could see him using the Miller claim because he has jumped on risky fake claims before. That’s still true, even if the Miller claim specifically isn’t something I’ve seen him go for.

Since then, his behavior just hasn’t looked like I’d expect for him as scum. He largely accepted that the default lynch would fall to him if there wasn’t a viable alternative, and his reads and focus this DP just don’t come off as similar to what I’ve seen from him as scum. I think if he was using the Miller claim as cover, he’s done a perplexing job of it.

Beyond that, given the apparent absence of other negative utility roles on town (I guess that depends on your perspective on Ascetic) and my having a role that allows me to get alignment info on multiple targets, I buy that Austin would have a Miller along with my role, though I don’t like relying on modpsych for these things.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
@Cerulean
Looks like a string of questions (thanks for leading those, Cerulean. Blind spot on my part since this is the first game I’ve seen where a Silenced player had unlimited posting) led to Pie claiming that he’ll somehow be mod confirmed, in which case I’m fine waiting to see that play out. The lack of mod confirmation of his Silencing was iffy to begin with, though I had to get that demon out of my head.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
Still here btw. Patiently waiting until people are ready to lynch either pie or whiteflame. I've laid out my arguments the best I can on that front, so in the mean time I'll just be lurking. If you have any questions I can answer them. 
I’m baffled by this post. Pie claimed a role that will apparently be mod confirmed, and I’m still the only player with an alignment-investigative role in a game with a claimed Miller, yet somehow we’re still your strongest scumreads? If you’re scumreading us behaviorally, fine, whatever. We’ve done that dance. I’d like to know how you reach this conclusion with the information you have about our claims, since you just seem to be entirely dismissive of Pie’s potential confirmability.
whiteflame
whiteflame
Anyway, it’s late, and I’ve got Rosh Hashanah services in the morning, so I’m going to have some spotty availability in the late morning/early afternoon. I’ll check in early and respond where I can.

And yes, I’m willing to put my top scumread down as a vote for tonight so that it’s not even slightly unclear:

VTL Moozer
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@whiteflame
I’m baffled by this post. Pie claimed a role that will apparently be mod confirmed, and I’m still the only player with an alignment-investigative role in a game with a claimed Miller, yet somehow we’re still your strongest scumreads? If you’re scumreading us behaviorally, fine, whatever. We’ve done that dance. I’d like to know how you reach this conclusion with the information you have about our claims, since you just seem to be entirely dismissive of Pie’s potential confirmability.
Yes its behaviorally, role confirmation means very little to me. And until cerulean claims, dreamer isn't a super strong claim to me to convince me away from scum reading you. Also I am willing to view earth as a scum buddy of you or pie. Honestly pie is just ass guilty in my eyes, might seem like I am reading you harder, but thats because he can't really answer for himself (or is pretending not to be able to). Otherwise i'd do this "dance" with him as well. It's a very clever way to avoid having to claim though I'll say that. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
Well, I appreciate the response even if I’m still pretty confounded by it.

Alright, I’m out.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
Ding dong!

ATTENTION ladies and gentlemen, this is your co-pilot speaking.

The captain will be limited in his capacity to manage this flight given that he will be spending much of the next few days being incapacitated by way of a chessboard distraction.

As such, I will be piloting by the craft for a significant portion of time. I will be keeping up with the vote counts and am equipped to end and start phases as needed. If you have any question, do not hesitate to ask, as I can answer most of them!

In the event of any question I cannot answer, I will pass it on the to captain, although there may be several hours of delay before he is able to answer, just so you’re aware.

We are still at cruising altitude, so feel free to walk around the cabin as needed- but avoid crowding the center aisle when you aren’t lynching anyone, please. Speaking of which, if any blood spills a little too much, please notify an attendant- they will retrieve the necessary supplies for a clean up.

Please note that we will be dimming the lights in the cabin during night phases. At this time, you will be on your own. Your survival is your responsibility!

And lastly- if you need any snacks, the flight attendants will be serving them soon. Just tell them what you’re craving and they’ll bring it from the cart to your seat.

As always, thank you for choosing Mayday Airlines, where the quality of our service will ensure you’ll never want to book elsewhere again!

Click!
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Earth
@whiteflame
@ILikePie5
@Cerulean
@iamanabanana
See above
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Lunatic
@Moozer325
^^^
Mharman
Mharman
Vote Count 2.7

Cerulean (2/4) - Earth, Banana
Moozer (2/4) - Pie, Whiteflame
Whiteflame (1/4) - Lunatic
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Mharman
loved the continued roleplay lol
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
Much appreciated by Mharman - he'll be taking over as mod for a few days while I'm out of town. He'll take care of votecounts, flips, accident investigations, and night actions until probably DP3 at the earliest, everything is already set up. Make sure to thank him!
Mharman
Mharman
18.5 hours remaining
Lunatic
Lunatic
THANKS MHARM CHARM
Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@Lunatic
Okay, here's where I'm at.

I'm nervous about the existence of a WF/Earth team, since it does seem like they're buddying a lot.

However, I'm more nervous about the roleblockers. My train of thought is this: I don't believe that there would be just 3 Town roleblock-capable roles AND a Town Strengthener, and I think 4 roleblockers (3 Town, 1 Mafia) is crazier.

The idea is, if all the roleblock-capable are Town-aligned, then there's not really a good reason to have a Town Strengthener, is there? So my thought here is that either a Roleblock-capable role or the Strengthener must be Mafia.

That leaves me with a pool of Banana/Lunatic/Moozer.

If I assume that Banana is incapable of playing the claim like that as wolf (which everyone- except Pie?- seems to agree with, as far as I can tell),

And I assume Lunatic wouldn't be death tunneling like this as a wolf (which is iffy but WF as target of the tunnel seems to think it's villagery),

Then I'm left with exactly Moozer.

@ Lunatic my POE is practically the opposite of yours, so I want to know where you think the flaw in my chain of logic is here. It feels solid, but I am making some assumptions. Which do you think are bad and wrong?
Cerulean
Cerulean
Also, if we're doing the "everyone piles on one option" strategy for the post-lynch question, we should be picking who gets to decide which option we take- we want someone trustworthy who we also think would make a good decision.

(Austin hasn't explicitly stopped us from doing it, so I assume we're allowed to strategize about it beforehand.)

I think WF would be my first pick, where is everyone else on that?