Mayday Mafia DP2

Author: AustinL0926

Read-only
Total: 317
Casey_Risk
Debates: 3
Casey_Risk
Pie is very experienced at this game. I believe he would have been able to pick up on Whiteflame's very subtle hint at being a Dreamer. Moozer strengthened Pie, so he could have been the one to roleblock WF. 
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
Anyway, I'm going to be off for a bit. It's my birthday and I'm going to dinner with some friends. For now, my pool remains unchanged: Pie, Lunatic, Moozer.
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
Vote count 2.6:

Cerulean (2/4)Earth, banana
whiteflame (1/4): Luna
Moozer (1/4): Pie

As long as humans fly airplanes, some amount of information will always be lost while translating between man and machine, and from these imperfections spring the seeds of catastrophe. The next major crash of a large airliner, wherever it may occur, will almost certainly have something to do with the interaction between pilots and the automation that they oversee. In the meantime, it would be beneficial, even for those of us who are not pilots, to look on the events of Air France flight 447 and accept that we are human, that our capacity to err is unbound by reason, and that the best way to avoid disaster is to learn from the mistakes of others. - "The Long Way Down", Air France Flight 447
Moozer325
Debates: 19
Moozer325
Sorry I haven’t been keeping up as much as I should be. 

I did think of something though. It strikes me as a bit odd that Austin announced Casey’s Tree stump in the opening post, but made no mention of Pie being Silenced. At least in every game I’ve played so far, the mod will announce a silence, but maybe it is actually more common for it not to be said.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
VTL MOOZER
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
unvote
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
VTL MOOZER
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Unvote
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
VTL MOOZER
Moozer325
Debates: 19
Moozer325
-->
@ILikePie5
If that’s not an OMGUS, I don’t know what is.
Cerulean
Debates: 0
Cerulean
I arise from my prison (full-time employment).

Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@Cerulean
Your role and thoughts on Pie pls 
Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@Earth
@Moozer325
@iamanabanana
I do apologize for my inconsistency in activity, I'm multi-tabling and trying to avoid burning myself out.

I want everyone’s role outed by the end of the DP, so I figured it’d better to catch people right off the bat. (Moozer)

There's really little reason to hold back on claims tbh. (Earth)

at this point we should probably get the rest of the claims. (Banana)
Me claiming would make my role effectively worthless. Do you actively suspect me, or do you just want it for completion's sake?
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@AustinL0926
You’re right, we didn’t use it that game, though I know that it wouldn’t have been announced.
Earth
Earth
-->
@Cerulean
Okay, let's put your role aside for the moment. What do you think of Pie?
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
I don’t have a lot of time left tonight to post and I’m pretty tired from what’s been a long day, so I’ll let others decide on getting Cerulean’s claim at this point.

For me, the lynch this DP is between Moozer and Pie.
Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@Earth
@ILikePie5
thoughts on Pie pls 
Years ago, I was in a very inactive Mafia server. We had maybe 6-7 regular players and it was set up for quick (as in ~1 hour total) games. One of the setups we had was called "Gunsmith-Silencer." It was a 4-player setup with 2 Citizens, a Gunsmith who gave a day-shot gun, and a Silencer (Mafia) who could choose to silence someone (making them vote-only) or do nothing. The game would proceed with a Night, then the Day where the player with the gun would shoot, and then there would be a lynch.

All this is to say that I have played with Silencer situations before.

My opinion is that the thread hasn't been creative or active enough with questioning Pie. If he's pretending to be silenced (and I still haven't gotten clear confirmation on if that's something he would do, although everyone seems to be assuming that), we can still get around it with vote communication. The way you detect a fake-silenced player is by refusing to let them not play the game. We hardly have any information about what Pie is thinking because it doesn't look like anyone is actively engaging with him, and for a silenced / fake-silenced player to effectively communicate anything beyond scum reads, it has to be a two-way conversation.

For instance, people seem to want Pie's claim, but nobody seems to be going to the trouble of providing multiple-choice options to try and narrow things down. It's a hassle, I get it, but if you're genuinely trying to figure out his alignment, you can't be lazy and just guess on if he's real or faking or only use his first Day to do it.

On that note, in those past Silencer games, were Silenced players allowed to post multiple vote/unvotes in a single post? If so, that hugely helps for communication. Pie, if you can do that, vote me and unvote me twice in one post. Otherwise vote and unvote me once.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Cerulean
VTL Cerulean
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
unvote
Earth
Earth
Pie isn't allowed to unvote and vote in the same post?
Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@Earth
@whiteflame
I feel like I'm missing something. Why is Earth semi-clear, here?

The early Miller claim still has me townreading him a bit. I guess he could have guessed at the existence of an alignment investigative role (they are common and this game almost seems to invite both such a role and a tracker role, given the nature of incidents like this), but I still think it's riskier than I'd normally see from him. (WF)
I distinctly remembered that we had disagreement about whether or not Earth would do this in Day 1, and...
Earth's the type to do big risk plays even when they seem unnecessary. My experience with him as scum makes me a little nervous of his claim, but not enough to solidly scumread it, mainly because of the incident and justification. I buy that he could play the Miller card really early, I don't buy that it would be that good of a connection if he did. (WF, post 98 of Day 1)
So is Earth the type to do it or not?

I just don't think "He claimed Miller early" is a solid enough reason to leave Earth alone at this point in the game. Can you elaborate for me on why he's Town?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
@AustinL0926
VTL Austin
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
@AustinL0926
Unvote
Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@ILikePie5
Sigh. I suppose we won't be able to recreate my most legendary post of all time. I'll try not to clog up thread too much, here.

Considering you're a lynch option, let's talk your claim and at least try and get a vague sense of it.

I assume you're not investigative, because you haven't voted WF (and I find it difficult to believe there would be 3 Investigatives). If I'm wrong there and you're Investigative, vote and unvote WF.

If you're some sort of Protective role, vote and unvote Banana.

If you're some sort of Killing role, vote and unvote me.

If you're something that does something at Night passivelyvote and unvote Lunatic.

If nothing I've said covers your role, vote and unvote Earth.

This is your main role, not your legacy, to be clear. If it somehow fits multiple of these, do both/all of them.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Cerulean
VTL Earth
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
unvote 
Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@ILikePie5
This is going to be a little bit messy, huh?

Pie, if your role gives items like Owen's, vote Moozer and unvote.

If your role is confirmable in some other way, vote yourself and unvote.

I think my question about being passive at Night was ambiguous- if your role impacts or is impacted by players who target you, vote me and unvote.

If your role only does something after you die, vote Casey and unvote.

If your role is something you've never seen before, vote WF and unvote.

If your role is completely useless or negative utility, vote Earth and unvote.

Again, if it's multiple, do both/all.

(Also, if anyone else has suggestions on what broad sorts of categories I should check, I'm all ears.)
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Cerulean
VTL Pie
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
unvote
Earth
Earth
-->
@ILikePie5
Are you an Innocent Child or something that will mod confirm you? If so vote and unvote me.

If you are something like Beloved, then vote and unvote Cerulean.