Mayday Mafia DP1

Author: AustinL0926

Read-only
Total: 510
Cerulean
Debates: 0
Cerulean
Is it bad that I'm trying to think of ways we could abuse that legacy by somehow following the letter without following the spirit?

Owen_T
Debates: 28
Owen_T
I agree with Pie's reads except put Moozer in only slight scum, take Earth up to slight town, and take him down to null. 
Owen_T
Owen_T
I agree with Pie's reads except put Moozer in only slight scum, take Earth up to slight town, and take him down to null. 
Casey_Risk
Debates: 3
Casey_Risk
-->
@Cerulean
It... might also just be because "Mayday" is the word used for emergency situations like plane incidents? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayday But I digress, that word is still relevant to the incident Moozer is claiming, so it's not totally inconsistent with the theme.
Well, I know Austin is Canadian and Mayday is specifically the name of the show in Canada (it's called various other names in other parts of the world), so I think my assumption is probably right. If anyone has an incident that the show didn't cover in an episode, they should speak up now. 
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@Casey_Risk
Uberligen has an episode. Good catch.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@ILikePie5
It’s conceivable that you both could be town. Who do you want to pursue? What are your reads?
Right now, I find myself unsatisfied with Luna's behavior, for the same reasons as Moozer and Cerulean. He seems way too sure that Moozer is town imo. I'm not convinced that he's scum either, but he's more of a tilt town for me. Feels almost like he's trying too hard to push against a mislynch in order to seem less sus. 
Moozer325
Debates: 19
Moozer325
-->
@ILikePie5
Yup, that’s it. Sorry I wasn’t more direct.
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@Cerulean
I don’t really get why no one is talking about Lunatic as a possible lynch. He sused Pie just for being by aggressive, which Pie does every game, and I don’t think he gave much reason for town clearing me and Earth.

Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@Earth
That's a good call- mine is on that show too.

My only advice for scum hunting would be just go with your gut. If something feels weird for someone to say, point it out and say why it felt weird. (Lunatic)
This is good advice. Obviously, it's going to take time to develop the right intuition for Mafia, but you might be surprised at how much "feels" wrong once you've gotten into it enough.

Can you ask Austin if Strengtheners can nullify the effects of Redirectors?
...Am I to assume that Redirectors are a fairly regular role here that you'd ask about this specifically, Earth?
Cerulean
Cerulean
It's a little worrying that I only have one person who I would actively protest a lynch against, and that's the lowest poster. I've seen at least one thing I haven't liked from... pretty much everyone else?

Can't have easy games, I suppose.

Earth
Earth
-->
@Cerulean
...Am I to assume that Redirectors are a fairly regular role here that you'd ask about this specifically, Earth?
I believe it came up before recently(ish?).
Cerulean
Cerulean
I agree with Lunatic. Pie has been way too aggressive. Is that normal for him? (Owen, Post 179)

I agree with Pie's reads except put Moozer in only slight scum, take Earth up to slight town, and take him down to null.  (Owen, Post 212)
Someone stop me from deathtunneling this. 
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@Earth
I believe it came up before recently(ish?).
The last game I remember having a Redirector was Ace Attorney Mafia, unless I'm forgetting something. 
Cerulean
Cerulean
There was a Mafia with a 1-shot Redirector in Indian Politicians, it looks like.

Cerulean
Cerulean
But if it's a usual-ish thing, I'll withdraw on that point. I thought it was a little too specific of a thing to ask about.

Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@Cerulean
There was a Mafia with a 1-shot Redirector in Indian Politicians, it looks like.
Oh yeah, that's right. The Redirector in Ace Attorney was also part of a JOAT. That was the first game I modded. Earth fakeclaimed Strengthener in that game and asked me if, hypothetically, it would block a Redirector, so I think it makes sense that he would ask again here.
Earth
Earth
I probably should have remembered, but yeah I remember the Axe Attorney Redirector now.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@Earth
I remember the Axe Attorney Redirector now.
The Axe Attorney would just like to "Axe" you a few more questions... 
Owen_T
Owen_T
-->
@AustinL0926
Time check? 
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@whiteflame
@ILikePie5
No one seems to be hearing me, so I’ll make one final push and then drop it. Lunatic had some really weird reads, (I recommend that you go back to find them) and he hasn’t been as active as usual. He called pie out for being aggressive but he of all people should know that’s how he plays by now. I’m not saying he should definitely be the lynch, but I think he deserves more attention.
Earth
Earth
-->
@Casey_Risk
Spell check betrayed me. I'm fine with Moozer, I just think we should find someone else. 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Moozer325
No one seems to be hearing me, so I’ll make one final push and then drop it. Lunatic had some really weird reads, (I recommend that you go back to find them) and he hasn’t been as active as usual. He called pie out for being aggressive but he of all people should know that’s how he plays by now. I’m not saying he should definitely be the lynch, but I think he deserves more attention.
Haven’t had much time to respond. The long and short of it is that, yes, he does seem to be behaving a bit oddly. I want to read back through his posts a bit to get a better feel for whether I’m actually sussing him as a result, but I am getting the same niggling doubt about him I had last game.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
Uberligen has an episode. Good catch.
I agree.

Unvote
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Casey_Risk
Right now, I find myself unsatisfied with Luna's behavior, for the same reasons as Moozer and Cerulean. He seems way too sure that Moozer is town imo. I'm not convinced that he's scum either, but he's more of a tilt town for me. Feels almost like he's trying too hard to push against a mislynch in order to seem less sus. 
Ya, he said he was going to elaborate on his scumread of me, but he sorta did the same thing last game. He got the heat off of someone he knew was town. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Cerulean
Someone stop me from deathtunneling this. 
Ya that’s a total 180. Interesting
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Moozer325
We hear you. I think a lot of people agree with you as well. Right now we can probably get one more claim: either Owen or Luna since there are issues with both of them. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
@whiteflame
@Casey_Risk
@Moozer325
@Cerulean
We can afford to get one more claim from someone. We need to quickly decided whether that’s Lunatic or Owen because we have around 24 hours left I think, and I’m going to be inactive for the rest of the night cause of Garba. 
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@Lunatic
@ILikePie5
We can afford to get one more claim from someone. We need to quickly decided whether that’s Lunatic or Owen because we have around 24 hours left I think, and I’m going to be inactive for the rest of the night cause of Garba. 
Personally, I lean towards Luna. While it's true that Owen has been posting little and has been somewhat inconsistent, I feel like that's not necessarily a scumtell for him personally like it would be for pretty much anyone else. Owen tends to just kinda follow everyone else sometimes. I would like some more input from him, but I'd really like more from Luna.

VTL Lunatic
Earth
Earth
-->
@ILikePie5
Lunatic is as good as any.

VTL Lunatic for claim
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
Vote count 1.8

Pie (1/5): Luna
Owen (1/5): Cerulean
Luna (2/5): Casey, Earth

About 26 hours remain in the day.

On May 11, 1996, ValuJet Flight 592 crashed into the Florida Everglades about ten minutes after departing Miami... mislabeled and improperly stored portable oxygen generators activated during takeoff due to vibrations knocking their activation pins... leading to a catastrophic chain reaction that created a fire in the cargo department. All 110 people on board were killed in the crash. - ValuJet Flight 592