Author: AustinL0926

Read-only
Total: 510
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@Owen_T
This is par the course for Pie, but he does seem a little off.
Cerulean
Debates: 0
Cerulean
-->
@Earth
@Moozer325
Totally down if you want to lynch me, bud.
(Earth)
This is a little overreactive. All I said was that I thought it was overly confident to immediately peg you as Town just for claiming Miller.

landing the plane with zero casualties.
(Moozer)
Going to be a bit of a hedger here. This looks, surface-level, like a bad claim. I'm not sure if it actually fits the theme considering the zero fatalities- although I suppose it's still an "accident," and the description seems more like a protective than a strengthener. I don't want to ignore this because again, when the Tailor happened in Villainous Villains, we ignored pretty blatant hints that the role text was wrong. This is much more subtle, though, to the point that I'm not fully confident one way or the other. It might be better to try and judge Moozer on socials than the role.

Suffice to say that I would prefer a PoE lynch instead of Earth,
(Moozer)
Am I late in asking what you think the current POE is?
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
Vote count 1.7

Moozer (2/5): Pie, Casey
Pie (1/5): Luna

As the aircraft started its takeoff run, the take-off warning system sounded an alarm indicating that the aircraft was not correctly configured... The crew ignored the warning and continued not realising that the flaps were not at the required takeoff position and were instead fully retracted, preventing the aircraft from generating sufficient lift. The jet overshot the runway.... resulting in a fire that destroyed the aircraft. Out of 100 on board, 37 survived. - LAPA Flight 3142

Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@Cerulean
This is a little overreactive. All I said was that I thought it was overly confident to immediately peg you as Town just for claiming Miller.
Maybe, but I also think town should policy lynch millers. Have you posted your thoughts on Pie yet?
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
Oh come on you can’t judge someone as scum because they have a role that doesn’t “help town”. We have a miller claim as well as Ana claimed a scum role..
That’s not the only reason I’m scum reading him. It’s mod psyche, I agree, and it may be useless to analyze, but everything else still stands.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
vtl pie

Pie is getting a bit too loose with his logic for a mislynch for my liking. I am at dinner so I can post more in depth later on
How do you know it’s a mislynch? I have yet to hear why Moozer is town besides “muh vibes.” 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Owen_T
I agree with Lunatic. Pie has been way too aggressive. Is that normal for him?
You’ve played with me in multiple games…
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
This is par the course for Pie, but he does seem a little off.
What’s “off.” Also, you have yet to answer my question.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Owen_T
Post your reads
Owen_T
Debates: 28
Owen_T
-->
@ILikePie5
You just seen a little more aggressive than usual 
Owen_T
Owen_T
I'll post my reads soon. Let me look over the thread.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
The more I keep thinking about it, the less I like the lynch on Moozer. I’m still iffy on the Strengthener role, but the legacy role is a different story. I was initially put off by what I thought was an effort to delay claiming it, but it seems like Moozer was genuinely unsure if he could claim it based on how the role works (i.e. restrictions on what he can say about the number of people who died on the flights that are still in the game, which he may have interpreted as not being able to say anything about how it works). It also screams Austin - I could definitely see him putting this kind of mechanic in the game. I do recall Luna fake claiming Mathematician a couple of games back, a role he designed that would provide broader info on night actions during the NP, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this idea sprung partially from it.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@Cerulean
Going to be a bit of a hedger here. This looks, surface-level, like a bad claim. I'm not sure if it actually fits the theme considering the zero fatalities- although I suppose it's still an "accident," and the description seems more like a protective than a strengthener.
I think this game is called Mayday Mafia because it's named after the Canadian TV show Mayday.  It looks like the show did an episode called "Gimli Glider" about the incident Moozer mentioned, so it's a plausible claim at least.
whiteflame
whiteflame
As for this recent push on Pie, I get where he’s coming from, so honestly I don’t see a good reason to push him just for being a little aggressive here.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@whiteflame
I’m still iffy on the Strengthener role, but the legacy role is a different story. I was initially put off by what I thought was an effort to delay claiming it, but it seems like Moozer was genuinely unsure if he could claim it based on how the role works (i.e. restrictions on what he can say about the number of people who died on the flights that are still in the game, which he may have interpreted as not being able to say anything about how it works). It also screams Austin - I could definitely see him putting this kind of mechanic in the game.
I feel much the same. Moozer's legacy role claim has me rethinking things. For now, I'll Unvote 
Owen_T
Owen_T
Everybody is pretty null to me. If Moozer is guilty then Casey is probably guilty too, or it could be budying, but Casey if giving of Town vibes. 

Pie seems to be going after Moozer a little harder then I would think rational, but that doesn't say much. 

I think it'd be weird for Earth to immediately claim Miller as scum, obviously, so slight town read their. 

I don't have any fresh opinions to contribute honestly. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Casey_Risk
I think this game is called Mayday Mafia because it's named after the Canadian TV show Mayday.  It looks like the show did an episode called "Gimli Glider" about the incident Moozer mentioned, so it's a plausible claim at least.
This is a good point. I can say that my flight is on that list, and since you’re stating this, I’m guessing yours is as well.
Moozer325
Debates: 19
Moozer325
-->
@Cerulean
For reads, I don’t really scumread Pie and Whiteflame for being aggressive, it’s basically just what Pie does, and Whiteflame has good reasoning.

I also don’t really scumread earth that much, I more townread him for the early miller claim.

I suppose I don’t scumread anyone that much yet, but I usually don’t by DP1.
Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@Lunatic
I will say that I've seen Earth as scum twice, once in a game that I modded, and I don't feel like he'd be the type to claim Miller instantly, but I could be wrong. In any case, the justification checks out to me. (Casey)

Earth doesn't strike me as a risky move maker as scum, I don't think he claims something ballsy like miller. (Lunatic)

Earth's the type to do big risk plays even when they seem unnecessary. (Whiteflame)

He’d definitely do something like that lol (Pie)
Sigh.

Can someone sanity check me on if it looks like Lunatic is TMIing Moozer in this post? Seems very certain to the degree of "Moozer is so town that Pie and Whiteflame are scummy for pushing there specifically." That's removing a bit of the nuance, I know, but it sounds like the general point being conveyed.
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@ILikePie5
@Casey_Risk
Can’t remember which one of you it was that asks, but it turns out that when I die and the info is released, the number stays the same. It always represents the total number of fatalities of every living or dead player in the game.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Town:
Pie - Obviously

Lean Town:
whiteflame - I like the effort of counting all the posts by person. The attention to detail is also towny in my eyes. Especially after last game, detail is key.

Banana - Noob town post at beginning.

Null:
Owen - Not much going on with him

Earth - Miller claim is sus, but he has been scum hunting, trying to get reactions from people. He thinks I’m “off” which is annoying but not much I can do about that. I’ll chalk it off to me just being aggressive 

Cerulean - Not much to go on in terms of game and history. He hasnt been scum before so no past to go off of. Only game he’s played is town, but right now I don’t think there’s much data to compare with

Luna - He seems to have something against me, but I chalk it up to paranoia that I’m scum and just leading town to disaster. I don’t see an explanation as to how Moozer is town, besides vibes. 

Tilt Scum:
Casey - I think the defense of Moozer is what strikes me as odd from Casey. I don’t think I’ve seen them defend someone so vigorously and then take a 180. Though it’s possible it’s genuine. I don’t think Moozer could’ve come up with that claim on his home, so this read is more about Casey being the partner.

Scum:
Moozer - I’ve already given reasons as why I think Moozer is scum from a Role/Character, Justification, and Behavior perspective 

Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@Cerulean
Actually, scratch that, I suppose I scumread Lunatic a bit. Even I would have sus’ed me at this point, and the fact that he’s using ne to turn on Whiteflame and Pie makes him seem a little weird.
Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@Earth
Have you posted your thoughts on Pie yet?
A lot of the discussion on Pie is like a back and forth on "Is Pie always this aggressive??" Which is by definition a meta discussion that I'm not going to be able to hit as hard as some of the other people here.

Iirc, it doesn't feel too different from the Mharman push in Villainous Villains. That was also Pie hard pushing, right?

I do think it's a little too one-tracked. I don't think Owen has gotten nearly as much pressure as their post count suggests they should, personally.

Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@Cerulean
Can someone sanity check me on if it looks like Lunatic is TMIing Moozer in this post?
Sorry, but what does TMI mean in this instance? 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
I’m willing to reconsider my read on Moozer cause I don’t want to tunnel vision. I’d like to pursue Casey though to further investigate 

VTL Casey
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@ILikePie5
I think the defense of Moozer is what strikes me as odd from Casey. I don’t think I’ve seen them defend someone so vigorously and then take a 180. Though it’s possible it’s genuine. I don’t think Moozer could’ve come up with that claim on his home, so this read is more about Casey being the partner.
In all fairness, I did also sus Moozer's claim at first -- see post #94. It's only when he claimed his legacy role that I really began to change my mind. 
Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@Casey_Risk
@Owen_T
Everybody is pretty null to me. (Owen)
VTL Owen
I think you should think about this a little more. I understand you might not be the strongest player but I will force you to have some social reads if I have to.

I think this game is called Mayday Mafia because it's named after the Canadian TV show Mayday. (Casey)
It... might also just be because "Mayday" is the word used for emergency situations like plane incidents? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayday But I digress, that word is still relevant to the incident Moozer is claiming, so it's not totally inconsistent with the theme.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Moozer325
Can’t remember which one of you it was that asks, but it turns out that when I die and the info is released, the number stays the same. It always represents the total number of fatalities of every living or dead player in the game.
Okay this is what I thought. You get a number of total deaths, which includes both town and scum total fatalities.
Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@Casey_Risk
Sorry, but what does TMI mean in this instance? 
Too Much Information. Scum knows everyone's alignment, so if a player has an unreasonable degree of confidence in someone's role, it might be a sign that they're scum who already knows that what they're saying is true for sure. It's why I nudged you a bit for that early post.

To me, it looks like Lunatic is so confident in Moozer being Town- without a whole lot of basis- that he's calling Pie and Whiteflame as "scum for being wrong," in a way. Do you think that's too uncharitable of an interpretation?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Casey_Risk
In all fairness, I did also sus Moozer's claim at first -- see post #94. It's only when he claimed his legacy role that I really began to change my mind. 
That’s fair. Like I said, it’s more so that I don’t think Moozer could come up with that on his own. It’s conceivable that you both could be town. Who do you want to pursue? What are your reads?