Mayday Mafia DP1

Author: AustinL0926

Read-only
Total: 510
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Under no circumstances should anyone be pushing to lynch this early in the DP with the legacy roles in play. No one has 25 posts at this point, so no matter how scummy someone is, we should resist efforts to push for a rapid lynch at the very least until a good portion of active users have posted enough to use them.
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
I'm asking if you want to pressure someone else so we don't wait on someone again, until it's like 12 hours remaining in the day.
Who do you want to pressure? Cause you’re going to be the one lynched. I’m fine with pressuring Owen as well
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
Under no circumstances should anyone be pushing to lynch this early in the DP with the legacy roles in play. No one has 25 posts at this point, so no matter how scummy someone is, we should resist efforts to push for a rapid lynch at the very least until a good portion of active users have posted enough to use them.
I agree, so far I’m probably the only one that has reached 25. 
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@ILikePie5
Who do you want to pressure? Cause you’re going to be the one lynched. I’m fine with pressuring Owen as well
Pretty much anyone. At least give town something besides jackshit while we wait for Moozer to log on. Also I counted, you are at 19 posts.
whiteflame
whiteflame
As we get later in the DP, people should become increasingly aware of how many posts they’ve made. This is one game where I’m not going to scumread fluff posts; if you’re adding to your post count, as far as I’m concerned, that’s reason enough to post whatever. 
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
Vote count 1.3

Moozer (3/5): Pie, whiteflame, Casey

About 50 hours remain in the day. I will do a post-count check with 24 hours remaining.

While technically advanced, the Trident had potentially dangerous stalling characteristics... If its airspeed was insufficient... it could enter a deep stall (or "superstall") condition in which the control surfaces become ineffective... leading recovery [to be] practically impossible. - British_European_Airways_Flight_548

whiteflame
whiteflame
Alright, given that we're about a day into this DP and therefore about a third of the way through, I think it best to start a running tally of posts made by each of us. The count we're aiming to reach, DP after DP, is 25. Everyone should be aiming to reach it or else you are not using your role to the fullest, and yes, I recognize that that includes scum. So, participate people.

ILikePie5: 19 posts
Whiteflame: 14 posts (this one included)
Earth: 11 posts
Casey_Risk: 7 posts
Cerulean: 4 posts
Owen_T: 2 posts
Lunatic: 2 posts
iamanabanana: 1 post
Moozer: 0 posts

As for a topic of discussion, this is the point where people should chime in on one of two suggestions that have been made. I suggested there might be reason to pursue soft claims and I've gotten just 3 responses so far. Earth has suggested putting pressure on someone for a claim and has only gotten a response from Pie. By the by, I'm fine putting some pressure on one or more of the people with lower posting totals. I'd like to give Banana a chance, so Owen's my first pick, as he apparently is Pie's and Earth's.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Owen_T
I'm noticing you haven't been tagged in a good bit and now you're being discussed as the target for information this DP. Might want to chime in.
Cerulean
Debates: 0
Cerulean
-->
@whiteflame
It is a clever way to force participation without hard post minimums...

I'd like to give Banana a chance
The claim does seem fairly villagery- I don't see why a wolf would say that flat-out in that way. Unless they're getting coached, I'd agree on giving them space- though they still need to be posting more than once, that's for sure.

I would (at least for now) defer to you all on that front, since presumably you would have a better instinct on how a theme split is going to come to play with flavor text like this. There's a bit of a scale to the soft claims here- even claiming a specific incident could be enough to clue Mafia into what a person's role is, right? Do you have an idea in mind on how far we should go with it?
Cerulean
Debates: 0
Cerulean
-->
@Casey_Risk
Earth is town for that immediate Miller claim. 
How confident are/were you in this, by the way? It made me squint a bit because it looks too sure, too fast.

Owen_T
Debates: 28
Owen_T
Hi guys, good news still alive. 

Pressuring Moozer is obviously not working so if he doesn't show up this DP I'm down to lynch for information. 

No other opinions to share really
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Cerulean
I would (at least for now) defer to you all on that front, since presumably you would have a better instinct on how a theme split is going to come to play with flavor text like this. There's a bit of a scale to the soft claims here- even claiming a specific incident could be enough to clue Mafia into what a person's role is, right? Do you have an idea in mind on how far we should go with it?
Yeah, I'd say there's a scale to it as well. We could seek information regarding the cause of the specific incident (e.g. engineering, weather, terrorism, FTC), though that might end up yielding half answers and too much information in incidences with highly distinct causes, hence I'm hesitant to pursue that information. If I had to pick, I'd go for finding out whether the cause is known or not. The black box is kinda implied in the presence or lack of knowledge.

Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@Cerulean
Totally down if you want to lynch me, bud. At any rate, I am down for character claims from either you or Owen.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Owen_T
Hi guys, good news still alive. 

Pressuring Moozer is obviously not working so if he doesn't show up this DP I'm down to lynch for information. 

No other opinions to share really
I'll note that you're being considered the target for information by Earth, Pie and me atm, so if you have a basis for seeking info from someone else, you might want to share it. Also, I'll note that this is not for a lynch, at least not yet. I've already said that we should avoid lynching too early to give time for people to post the required 25 times to get the legacy role, and unless said information changes the picture substantially, Earth's Miller claim is probably the default lynch (even if I would prefer to avoid that as a basis for a lynch).
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Moozer needs to full claim at this point. Based on his claim, we can determine if we need Owen’s claim.

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
Moozer needs to full claim at this point. Based on his claim, we can determine if we need Owen’s claim.
Especially given his lack of posting and his having hopped online at least twice by my count over the last 24 hours, I'd agree with you that a full claim is warranted. That being said, I also understand why Earth would push back on stalling while we wait for Moozer to post and would want to at least put attention into something that would yield information. If you want to wait, it's mainly a matter of how long.

Moozer325
Debates: 19
Moozer325
-->
@whiteflame
@ILikePie5
So sorry about the inactivity, I read my PM and then went to do something, forgetting that the game existed. You have the right to pressure me though, so that’s understandable.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
Especially given his lack of posting and his having hopped online at least twice by my count over the last 24 hours, I'd agree with you that a full claim is warranted. That being said, I also understand why Earth would push back on stalling while we wait for Moozer to post and would want to at least put attention into something that would yield information. If you want to wait, it's mainly a matter of how long.
I think 3 claims for today is more than enough. I’m fine with that being Owen, Moozer, and Earth. I think we set a hard deadline for tomorrow at noon for Moozer to claim. If he doesn’t do it by then, we get Owen’s and assuming his claim is sufficient, then wait for Moozer’s. If he never shows up, we lynch Moozer.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Moozer325
You need to full claim.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
@Moozer325
Well, seems we don't have to wait. Whenever you're ready, Moozer, go ahead and give your full claim.
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@Earth
@ILikePie5
@Casey_Risk
I’m somewhere in the middle of the road about earth. The early Miller claim does make me townread him. I’m willing to lynch but only if we are in a really horrible position by the end of the DP. Suffice to say that I would prefer a PoE lynch instead of Earth, but he is on the list if we run out of every other option.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Ya I dislike post 81. It’s literally what I said at the beginning.
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@whiteflame
@ILikePie5
Alright, I wasn’t expecting this so soon, but I get it. I’m the Gimli Glider and I’m a strengthener due to the heroism of the Pilots in landing the plane with zero casualties. I don’t think I can claim my legacy role.
Moozer325
Moozer325
To expand on the justification, due to a mishap when converting Pounds to Kilograms, the plane was significantly under fueled and thus the engines burned out. These are supposedly very hard circumstances to land a plane it, but the pilot knew of an unused military landing strip that they used in a pinch to land safely. Because of how amazing the pilots were, I’m a strengthener.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Moozer325
Alright, I wasn’t expecting this so soon, but I get it. I’m the Gimli Glider and I’m a strengthener due to the heroism of the Pilots in landing the plane with zero casualties. I don’t think I can claim my legacy role.
I don’t like the justification. Could also be a justification for a strongman, but I digress. I still scumread Moozer. I’m interested to here what everyone else thinks
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Moozer325
I don't know anything about this flight beyond a very brief skim of the Wiki page on it that I did just now. The pilots were celebrated years later, so that checks out. Why do you think you can't claim your legacy role? Nothing in mine suggests I can't.
whiteflame
whiteflame
I don’t like the justification. Could also be a justification for a strongman, but I digress. I still scumread Moozer. I’m interested to here what everyone else thinks
The Strengthener itself isn't obvious from the justification. Pulling through a difficult circumstance doesn't scream "Strengthener" to me, even if the information he's provided holds up to what he's saying. Definitely ringing some alarm bells.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
Meant to tag you on the above.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Earth
@Casey_Risk
@Owen_T
@Cerulean
@iamanabanana
Would like other thoughts on this claim. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
As well as yours.