Total: 510
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Cerulean
Good morning, all. Miss me?
Hey, it's been a while! How are you?

And this time, since we're aware of it and thinking about it, we're not going to fall for any neon blinking signs saying "YOU SHOULD LYNCH THIS PERSON" in any flips, yes?
We'll need to be careful about that with all these legacy roles. No doubt scum have the capacity to manipulate results, like Luna said, and given that everyone essentially has a double role, I suspect scum are going to be powerful in this game.

ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
My PM confirms to me that mafia has some sort of Role obscuring or changing ability. This could be a anything from a full on tailor to a janitor based on the wording. All I know is I won't be fully trusting death flips. 
Basically says that in the OP too
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@iamanabanana
Thanks for that.

By the way, in this game I have been assured by the moderator that I am town, but I am confused, because according to earth Guide to Forum Mafia, my role is under Mafia Roles, but the moderator assures me I am town. So I just am giving a heads up this time around.
Okay ur town
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
I could tell this is going to be a pretty crazy game.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
I could tell this is going to be a pretty crazy game.
How so?
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Moozer325
VTL Moozer

Gonna need you to start posting in this DP, otherwise you won't get to 25 posts and therefore have access to your legacy role. Also, generally speaking, activity is appreciated.

whiteflame
whiteflame
While we're on the subject of activity, what are people's thoughts on getting some softclaims? I don't pretend to know what the theme split will be, but the split could be between different types of incidents (e.g. specific reasons for a given crash are scum while others are town, whether the black box was recovered, where they went down) or it could be differing results of air accident investigations (e.g. known vs. unknown causes). This seems like a theme we could interrogate a bit, so it might be worth getting softclaims to narrow the window on these. I'd be happy to go first, regardless of the choice, but I'd like to invite discussion over this.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@Cerulean
And this time, since we're aware of it and thinking about it, we're not going to fall for any neon blinking signs saying "YOU SHOULD LYNCH THIS PERSON" in any flips, yes?
Yeah, the Earth quicklynch in Villainous Villains still bugs me a little bit. Personally, I feel like any role that messes with death reports (other than Janitor) is kind of bastard, but at least in this case we know it's a possibility and know to look out for signs that it happened.

Unvote 
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@whiteflame
While we're on the subject of activity, what are people's thoughts on getting some softclaims? I don't pretend to know what the theme split will be, but the split could be between different types of incidents (e.g. specific reasons for a given crash are scum while others are town, whether the black box was recovered, where they went down) or it could be differing results of air accident investigations (e.g. known vs. unknown causes).
You know me, my usual MO is to get the game started with soft claims. In this case, there aren't really any obvious directions to go imo, but something like whether the black box was recovered or whether the cause of the accident is known for sure might be a decent start. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
While we're on the subject of activity, what are people's thoughts on getting some softclaims? I don't pretend to know what the theme split will be, but the split could be between different types of incidents (e.g. specific reasons for a given crash are scum while others are town, whether the black box was recovered, where they went down) or it could be differing results of air accident investigations (e.g. known vs. unknown causes). This seems like a theme we could interrogate a bit, so it might be worth getting softclaims to narrow the window on these. I'd be happy to go first, regardless of the choice, but I'd like to invite discussion over this.
I was thinking about this last night, but idk the best way to do it
Earth
Earth
-->
@ILikePie5
Everyone has two roles and there seems to be a little game at the end of every lunch.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Casey_Risk
You know me, my usual MO is to get the game started with soft claims. In this case, there aren't really any obvious directions to go imo, but something like whether the black box was recovered or whether the cause of the accident is known for sure might be a decent start. 
Either of those does seem general enough to give us the gist of what's going on. We could do both as well, since I suspect even with both of those pieces of information, it will be difficult to know which crash they indicate. At the very least, I prefer either one (or both) to giving too many specifics in an attempt to narrow down causes.

I was thinking about this last night, but idk the best way to do it
There are a lot of ways to take this, so personally I'd like to keep it general as a start.

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
Meant to tag you on the above as well.
Earth
Earth
-->
@whiteflame
I think there is an argument in either direction, but I think we should just scumhunt the old fashioned way before pressuring for character claims.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Earth
I think there is an argument in either direction, but I think we should just scumhunt the old fashioned way before pressuring for character claims.
Point taken. I mainly just want to make sure that we don't get to a point late in the DP where we're having to make a decision last minute with extremely limited information and no obvious wagons aside from those who are relatively absent and those with SOP claims like yourself. If we can do that through normal scumhunting, I'm all for it.

AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
Vote count 1.2

Moozer (2/5): Pie, whiteflame

The pilot, for bizarre reasons, had allowed his kids to sit in the cockpit... While seated at the controls, the pilot's 15-year-old son had unknowingly partially disengaged the A310's autopilot control of the aircraft's ailerons. The autopilot then disengaged completely, causing the aircraft to roll into a steep bank and a near-vertical dive. - Aeroflot_Flight_593
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
The pilot, for bizarre reasons, had allowed his kids to sit in the cockpit... While seated at the controls, the pilot's 15-year-old son had unknowingly partially disengaged the A310's autopilot control of the aircraft's ailerons. The autopilot then disengaged completely, causing the aircraft to roll into a steep bank and a near-vertical dive.
Cautionary Tales did an episode on that one, too. It was actually the first episode of the podcast that I listened to. I don't have anything else to add, except that you should all listen to Cautionary Tales. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Moozer was online 3 hours ago, but didn’t say anything
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
@Lunatic
@Casey_Risk
@Cerulean
@iamanabanana
Helps me pressure Moozer plz
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@ILikePie5
@Moozer325
Moozer was online 3 hours ago, but didn’t say anything 
I don't like that. 

VTL Moozer 
Earth
Earth
Take care not to lynch him now.
Cerulean
Debates: 0
Cerulean
-->
@whiteflame
@ILikePie5
We'll need to be careful about that with all these legacy roles. No doubt scum have the capacity to manipulate results, like Luna said, and given that everyone essentially has a double role, I suspect scum are going to be powerful in this game.
For sure. This is likely a situation where focusing on socials moreso than role info might be the strategy, since we might lose flips and investigative information might be flat-out wrong. We can't rely 100% on mech info.

Helps me pressure Moozer plz
They have 3/5 votes right now, I think that's... fairly strong pressure for now.
Cerulean
Debates: 0
Cerulean
Are you all in Euro time zones, is that why there's so much banter in the middle of the day when I expect that people would be at work...?

Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@Cerulean
Are you all in Euro time zones, is that why there's so much banter in the middle of the day when I expect that people would be at work...?
My time zone is US Eastern, though I work second shift (I'm on break rn). I pop in whenever I can. Luna usually shows up late in the day. We're all based in North America however, as far as I'm aware. 
Earth
Earth
-->
@Casey_Risk
Yeah, I'm the same.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Cerulean
Im US CST, but I basically have a corporate jiby
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Job
Earth
Earth
-->
@ILikePie5
Pie, do you think we should pressure someone besides Moozer?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
Pie, do you think we should pressure someone besides Moozer?
Depending on what Moozer’s answer is, I’m fine to lynch him. Otherwise we move onto Owen.
Earth
Earth
-->
@ILikePie5
I'm asking if you want to pressure someone else so we don't wait on someone again, until it's like 12 hours remaining in the day.