Author: AustinL0926

Read-only
Total: 510
Casey_Risk
Debates: 3
Casey_Risk
-->
@ILikePie5
Don’t forget that this is the same Owen who steamrolled town with Wylted and Barney with his fake CC. I think we give him less credit than he deserves as a player.
Maybe so, but I think a large part of the problem there is that no one really questioned a 3P BP and a Town BP existing in the same game nearly as much as we should have.

What are your thoughts on a Scum Strengthener?
Given that Banana and Luna are both town, it's a possibility I can't ignore. I can see Moozer being honest about his role but not his character. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Casey_Risk
Maybe so, but I think a large part of the problem there is that no one really questioned a 3P BP and a Town BP existing in the same game nearly as much as we should have.
There’s fair, but his execution was perfect as well.

Given that Banana and Luna are both town, it's a possibility I can't ignore. I can see Moozer being honest about his role but not his character.
Can you elaborate?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
We have 1 hour and 54 minutes left.

This is what I understand/infer so far:

Whiteflame: Moozer
Cerulean: Owen
Earth: Owen
Pie: Moozer

Moozer
Owen
Lunatic
Casey
Banana
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
I'm teaching my class in about 10 minutes and I'll be on that for an hour, so once I'm done, I'll catch up again quickly and post a vote. As many people as possible should give their decisions before then.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@ILikePie5
Can you elaborate?
What I mean is, in the case that Banana and Luna are both town (and I feel very good about Banana being town), a scum Strengthener would actually be a logical conclusion. I'm pretty sure Austin made the comment once that his design philosophy involves making sure both sides have the ability to counteract the other -- a counteraction for every action. Given that Banana is a roleblocker, Owen is a rolestopper creator, and Luna also has something to do with blocking (unless I'm misremembering that), I think a scum strengthener would be a logical inclusion. 
Owen_T
Debates: 28
Owen_T
-->
@Casey_Risk
How sure are you that he made that comment?
Lunatic
Lunatic
Maybe town is all neg utility roles

Owen_T
Owen_T
-->
@Lunatic
That might make sense because all of the events here occurred because of bad things, and then we have legacy roles to counteract that.
iamanabanana
Debates: 1
iamanabanana
-->
@Moozer325
Probably Owen, then Banana. Like Earth said, they’ve both just been kinda coasting.
This feels lazy, I don't feel like I've been coasting, I made a lot of posts today. And my laptop was being fixed yesterday. That
iamanabanana
iamanabanana
-->
@Moozer325
Probably Owen, then Banana. Like Earth said, they’ve both just been kinda coasting.
This feels lazy, I don't feel like I've been coasting, I made a lot of posts today. And my laptop was being fixed yesterday. That
Owen_T
Owen_T
-->
@AustinL0926
Time check?
iamanabanana
iamanabanana
-->
@Cerulean
By the way, it is mildly amusing to watch, but just to clarify, I'm male. Do I have a feminine posting style to you?!

Oh, sorry! I guess it's mostly how polite you are and your general energy, doesn't match what most men here have sounded like so far. I didn't mean to offend.

Owen_T
Owen_T
I'm going to VTL Moozer because

Obviously I dont feel good about it but if we have to lynch someone I think he's our best shot.
iamanabanana
iamanabanana
-->
@ILikePie5
You two are probably the only ones who aren’t at 25 posts yet. 
I might be close, i am not sure
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@Owen_T
How sure are you that he made that comment?
Okay, I slightly misremembered it. It was in the UPick Endgame thread that Austin said this:

In terms of setup, I do believe that this balanced, even though it may not have seemed that way in the game. In general, I design my setups around a fundamental tenet of game design, which is "how you use your role is as important as how powerful it is." Almost every powerful town role in the game could easily have backfired. Joebob's commute could hide scum from a vig shot, while their strengthen could allow scum to have an extra-powerful NK. The neighborhood vig could have backfired (especially if scum infiltrated it), as well as the shirt.
Still, I think that it's worth keeping in mind. Having a town Roleblocker fits this design philosophy, as it can help the town by blocking a kill, or it can block an investigative role. Similar thing with a Rolestopper. And, come to think of it, a Strengthener as well, but that one feels somewhat less luck-based to me.
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
Exactly 1 hour and 20 minutes remain in the day.
Moozer325
Debates: 19
Moozer325
Okay, here’s my final push for a Luantic lynch. If it doesn’t work, ping me and I can change my vote, cause I think it’s on Luna right now. He’s been very unusual this whole DP with his reads and his various OMGUS’s. He’s also just been off behaviorally, so I encourage anyone with the time to at least look back at what he’s said today. He’s ticked every box for me, so I think it should be a no brainer at this point. Again, ping me if I need to jump on a wagon to get us to a lynch this DP.
iamanabanana
iamanabanana
Okay I just checked I have 17 posts this day phase, this will be post 18. I'll try to post some more in the next bit without being too spammy.
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
Vote count 1.12:

Owen (2/5): Casey, Earth
Moozer (1/5): Owen
Luna (1/5): Moozer
Pie (1/5): Luna

The pilot managed to land the aircraft on the river, in close proximity to an 1898-built steam tugboat...The captain of the tugboat saw the plane in distress and went to help. He and his crew broke the aircraft's windshield to tie a cable to the cockpit's control wheel and proceeded to tow the craft to the river bank. During the tow all passengers remained on board. Passengers and crew then evacuated the cabin via an access hatch on the plane's roof. - Aeroflot_Flight_366

iamanabanana
iamanabanana
I can see the scum strengthener theory because it is a counter to my role, and I am town, so I can see it.
Owen_T
Owen_T
It's really townie to me that Moozer isn't jumping on my wagon.

Unvote
iamanabanana
iamanabanana
-->
@Moozer325
Okay, here’s my final push for a Luantic lynch. If it doesn’t work, ping me and I can change my vote, cause I think it’s on Luna right now. He’s been very unusual this whole DP with his reads and his various OMGUS’s. He’s also just been off behaviorally, so I encourage anyone with the time to at least look back at what he’s said today. He’s ticked every box for me, so I think it should be a no brainer at this point. Again, ping me if I need to jump on a wagon to get us to a lynch this DP.
I don't know lunatic well enough to know if he is playing differently than normal, but none of this really feels like good logic to lynch someone. It seems you are being a bit stubborn about lynching him and I don't really understand why. These reasons aren't hard hitting reasons.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@Owen_T
We need to pick somebody here. We're running out of time. If not Moozer, then who do you suspect?
iamanabanana
iamanabanana
My four scum options for today were pie, whiteflame, owen and casey. I am not seeing a lot  of pull for any of these except for owen, so that is probably where I will be voting.

This is for the weird posts that cerulean pointed out about bandwagoning pie being too aggressive but then following his reads not long after.
iamanabanana
iamanabanana
post 22: I'll vote for owen

VTL owen
Owen_T
Owen_T
1. Why have we forgotten about Earth

2. What do you all think of Moozer's views on Luna

iamanabanana
iamanabanana
post 23: I will probably be roleblocking one of my other three mafia reads tonight.
Moozer325
Debates: 19
Moozer325
-->
@iamanabanana
What do you mean it’s not a good reason. He’s been acting behaviorally weird all day and he refuses to claim. He’s done many OMGUS’s and he’s been completely inactive for long periods. He’s a very experienced player so if even that isn’t enough, he’s usually much more chill than this.
iamanabanana
iamanabanana
-->
@Owen_T
Why have we forgotten about Earth

I am giving him a bit of a pass because apparently people are saying his role is a risky role to claim as mafia. But I will agree with cerulean that I don't like his lack of having to take any sort of stance. That has kind of been my problem with casey as well
iamanabanana
iamanabanana
What is OMGUS someone said that earlier?