Debates: 28
Owen_T
Who is the most town read person? I'll sent the invention to them 
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@Casey_Risk
Okay, no. Hard disagree. I think Owen's justification is quite weak. The pilot made a mistake which sent a message for others to learn from, and that's why he's a messenger? It's not impossible, but it's hardly what I would call a strong justification. I also don't really understand how it connects to him being a rolestopper inventor. The fact that you don't see this justification as being weak while also scumreading Moozer to Hell and back feels very weird to me.
The rolestopper part is relatively strong. See the bold below. Inventor part, I agree with you, but it doesn’t really matter, because Owen can be confirmed tomorrow. Someone should receive a Rolestopper from him. Moozer’s is non-existent. No one has yet to explain how the justification weak vs non-existent

Air France flight 447.  The flight crashed due to pilot incompetency. The plane was losing speed, and started to fall. The pilot could have recovered by going down to gain speed, but instead, he pulled up, stopping the plane and killing all passengers. Therefore, I am a rolestopper-inventor. I'm not sure where the inventor part comes in.

Owen_T
Owen_T
I think it's more it stopped it from happening again. 
Owen_T
Owen_T
They both make sense. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Casey_Risk
Let me put it this way, I’m not willing to lynch Owen this DP because he has an opportunity to confirm his role tomorrow.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@ILikePie5
The rolestopper part is relatively strong. See the bold below. Inventor part, I agree with you, but it doesn’t really matter, because Owen can be confirmed tomorrow.
I believe that Owen's role does what he says it does. Inventor is easily confirmable and I don't think he'd lie about that as scum. What's ringing alarm bells for me is that you say "it doesn't really matter" as long as Owen confirms himself. Of course it matters! Justification always matters. Wasn't it you who JUST criticized the town for not asking Luna why he was a Messenger in Indian Politicians? That was an easily confirmable role.
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
Can we talk about who we are going to lynch?
Earth
Earth
-->
@ILikePie5
Let me put it this way, I’m not willing to lynch Owen this DP because he has an opportunity to confirm his role tomorrow.
Wat? Why would confirming his role mean anything to you?
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@Earth
That's exactly what I'm wondering. This feels all wrong coming from Pie, especially after that endgame thread.
Owen_T
Owen_T
I don't quite get why my justification is raising suspicion. 

My incident stopped future harm from happening, therefore, I'm role stopper.  

My legacy is the death of the plane provided more insight to future pilots. Therefore, when I die I send a message 

Speaking of which, what's the point of the message? 
Earth
Earth
Can we lynch Pie?

Vtl Pie
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Casey_Risk
I believe that Owen's role does what he says it does. Inventor is easily confirmable and I don't think he'd lie about that as scum. What's ringing alarm bells for me is that you say "it doesn't really matter" as long as Owen confirms himself.
I never said “it doesn’t really matter” as long as he confirms himself. What I said is his justification makes sense to me (I pointed it out) whereas Moozer’s didn’t at all. I’ve asked multiple times for people to explain how Moozer’s justification makes sense. No one has yet., not even you.

Of course it matters! Justification always matters. Wasn't it you who JUST criticized the town for not asking Luna why he was a Messenger in Indian Politicians? That was an easily confirmable role.
That’s a false equivalency. Messenger isn’t an inherently town role, and my criticism was that no one asked Lunatic for his justification. It was non-existent, just like it is here with Moozer. I pointed out exactly in his PM where the justification isn’t weak, it’s relatively strong barring the Inventor piece. If he’s lying tomorrow, we lynch him.

Also, let’s look at what a Rolestopper does. It makes someone into a Bulletproof Ascetic for the night, which is basically a protective role. All of this is assuming he’s telling the truth, which we will find out tomorrow. But saying I’m letting his justification slide is because he has a confirmable role is misleading 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
It allows someone to make someone a Bulletproof Ascetic. That’s literally a protective role. Why tf would scum have such a role. It’s different if you think he’s lying, but we can determine that tomorrow.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
Can we lynch Pie?

Vtl Pie
So not even gonna ask for a full claim. Sad
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
Your presence is requested 
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@ILikePie5
I never said “it doesn’t really matter” as long as he confirms himself. What I said is his justification makes sense to me (I pointed it out) whereas Moozer’s didn’t at all. I’ve asked multiple times for people to explain how Moozer’s justification makes sense. No one has yet., not even you.
Moozer himself has already explained the justification behind his role.

To expand on the justification, due to a mishap when converting Pounds to Kilograms, the plane was significantly under fueled and thus the engines burned out. These are supposedly very hard circumstances to land a plane it, but the pilot knew of an unused military landing strip that they used in a pinch to land safely. Because of how amazing the pilots were, I’m a strengthener.
And yeah, I'll admit that it's not the strongest I've seen, but sometimes real justifications are weak. Like the justification behind you being the Motion Detector in Years Mafia. That's one of the worst justifications I've ever seen (no offense, Earth), and it was REAL.

That’s a false equivalency. Messenger isn’t an inherently town role, and my criticism was that no one asked Lunatic for his justification. It was non-existent, just like it is here with Moozer. I pointed out exactly in his PM where the justification isn’t weak, it’s relatively strong barring the Inventor piece. If he’s lying tomorrow, we lynch him.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that part. I don't think it's too weak to be real, but I don't think it's strong either. It just is.

It allows someone to make someone a Bulletproof Ascetic. That’s literally a protective role. Why tf would scum have such a role. It’s different if you think he’s lying, but we can determine that tomorrow.
That depends on the game and the mod. Rolestopper doesn't always stop lethal actions, and Owen didn't specify whether his role would or not.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
@Casey_Risk
We already have 4 claims on board. I’m not going to claim today. You will have to lynch me blind if you want me to. I will help you out though. My role/affiliation is essentially confirmable later in the game
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
Sorry, been a busy morning/afternoon.

I haven't fully caught up yet, but I've seen Owen's full role claim and explication. It has multiple points of confirmation, so I'm going to:

Unvote

I recognize that it's possible for a confirmable role to still be scum, I just am not willing to immediately lynch someone before they get a chance to confirm, even to this extent.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Casey_Risk
Moozer himself has already explained the justification behind his role.
Context Strengthener and no one died in the flight please. Explain it to me like I’m five years old. Cause I don’t see it at all. And the fact I’ve asked 5 people and no one has explained it is astonishing.

And yeah, I'll admit that it's not the strongest I've seen, but sometimes real justifications are weak. Like the justification behind you being the Motion Detector in Years Mafia. That's one of the worst justifications I've ever seen (no offense, Earth), and it was REAL.
Well Earth was the Self Watcher. You probably mean JoeBob. I will highlight exactly how the justification makes sense

Vader/JoeBob - Amit Shah - You are widely recognized for your exceptional skills in election strategy and management. As a prominent leader and current Union Home Minister, your expertise has significantly shaped the Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) successes across India, including in Gujarat. Your deep understanding of political dynamics and voter behavior has established you as a key figure in Indian politics. In Gujarat, your influence is especially notable. You have a comprehensive grasp of the state's political landscape and are well-informed about the activities and strategies of various political players. Your ability to anticipate and counter opposition moves, combined with your skill in mobilizing support, has been crucial to the BJP's strong performance in the state. Your strategic acumen and detailed knowledge of ground realities underscore your reputation as a master of election tactics and state-level political maneuvering. Thus, you are the Motion Detector. Each night, you may target a player. You will learn if any actions were performed by that player or on that player. You win with the Town.

There’s literally so much here. You may call it weak, that’s your opinion, but you can’t say it’s non-existent. I make sure every game that it makes somewhat sense.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that part. I don't think it's too weak to be real, but I don't think it's strong either. It just is.
All I’m asking you to do is explain.

That depends on the game and the mod. Rolestopper doesn't always stop lethal actions, and Owen didn't specify whether his role would or not.
That’s fair, but the most common role stops lethal actions. https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Rolestopper

Mafia Universe says all actions.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Owen_T
Please clarify whether the Rolestopper that you give people prevents lethal actions as well.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@ILikePie5
Context Strengthener and no one died in the flight please. Explain it to me like I’m five years old. Cause I don’t see it at all. And the fact I’ve asked 5 people and no one has explained it is astonishing.
I literally provided you with the exact quote from Moozer himself where he explained it. I agree that it's fairly weak, but I don't think it's so weak we can immediately write it off.

Well Earth was the Self Watcher. You probably mean JoeBob. I will highlight exactly how the justification makes sense
That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about this:

In the year 49 BC, Julius Caesar crossed the river Rubicon into Roman Italy. This action was all but an act of war and kick started Caesar's Civil War. Given how the year 49 BC set into motion for the future of Rome, you are the Motion Detector.
Like, come on.

All I’m asking you to do is explain.
Owen's whole justification is that the pilot's mistake sent a message to other pilots to not make the same mistake, thereby stopping them from committing the same error, which is why he is a rolestopper-inventor/legacy messenger. I just feel like the connection there is a little bit tenuous, and I'm surprised you disagree.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
As for who to lynch based on what we know, Moozer's role still sticks out a bit, but his legacy role at least has me questioning whether he's the right decision to go with here. Given Owen's claim, I'm least willing to lynch him atm. I'm not fond of defaulting to Earth just because he's the Miller. The pseudo-CC from Banana with the RB claim definitely sets me off a bit - I don't think Banana's relative absence/newness to the game makes her more townie, though I also don't think she'd venture a CC like this in her first game as scum, so while she's in my PoE, she's still leaning slightly town to me.

As for everyone else, I'd say it's pretty open. The more I keep seeing from Pie and Luna, the less I'm sussing them, though they're both still very much in my null pile. Cerulean comes off as pretty townie to me in terms of his analysis - I just generally don't think he'd push Owen as hard as he was if he was scum - but Casey's pretty null to me. I'd like to spend more time catching up when I get a moment before I provide a discrete set of reads, but if I had to pick based on what we know. So it's down to Pie, Luna and Casey for me until I catch up and provide better reads.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@ILikePie5
Also, Mafia Universe literally says this:

A more powerful version of this role is one that only roleblocks actions used by players of the opposite alignment to that of the target (or the Rolestopper, in some versions). This version is usually mafia-aligned. Sometimes, the Rolestopper is unable to block any kills, in which case it is commonly referred to as an Asceticiser.
Owen_T
Owen_T
-->
@ILikePie5
Yes, it prevents lethal actions. 
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
I have to go offline for a bit but I'll be back later. For now, Banana is town to me and I'm not interested in lynching Lunatic or Cerulean, and am very reluctant to lynch Earth merely on the basis of him being a Miller.
Owen_T
Owen_T
VTNL? 
Owen_T
Owen_T
Where is everyone we're running out of time 
Earth
Earth
We are not VTNLing.