Mayday Mafia DP1

Author: AustinL0926

Read-only
Total: 510
Owen_T
Debates: 28
Owen_T
I specified with Austin, each night I give someone am invention, and then can use it once to role stop someone. 
Owen_T
Owen_T
My legacy role:

When I die I can send a message to any player who has received an invention .  It can be up to 200 characters. 

Justification:
Because of the pilots mistake, generations after him have learned and been able to prevent future accidents. His error sent a message to all other future pilots to avoid the same mistake. 
Owen_T
Owen_T
So my justification for both roles is that my mistake gave wisdom to all future pilots allowing them to prevent harm and to know better. 
iamanabanana
Debates: 1
iamanabanana
is it common for two of the same role to be in a game? Because owen is claiming my role... Kind of...
Casey_Risk
Debates: 3
Casey_Risk
-->
@iamanabanana
is it common for two of the same role to be in a game? Because owen is claiming my role... Kind of...
That's a pseudo-CC (counter-claim). You should claim now if you think your role contradicts Owen's claim.
Owen_T
Owen_T
-->
@annabanana20
Is your role confirmable? 
iamanabanana
iamanabanana
-->
@Casey_Risk
I am a role blocker, not a role stopper, but it looks like I can just directly stop someone's role at night, where he can give someone else the ability to do that if  I am understanding correctly. So I guess it is kind of different, but still feels a little too close to the same to me.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@iamanabanana
I am a role blocker, not a role stopper, but it looks like I can just directly stop someone's role at night, where he can give someone else the ability to do that if  I am understanding correctly. So I guess it is kind of different, but still feels a little too close to the same to me.
A rolestopper stops a player from being acted on; your role prevents a player from acting. I don't think it's necessarily impossible that both roles could be in the same game and both be given to town players, but I don't like it either. Since you've claimed your role, however, no reason not to claim your character at this point. What flight are you?
Owen_T
Owen_T
I don't think that should arouse any suspicion. Is their anymore expert option? 
iamanabanana
iamanabanana
-->
@Casey_Risk
I misunderstood then, oops.

I am Egypt Air Flight 990
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@iamanabanana
I am Egypt Air Flight 990
Justification for being a roleblocker?
iamanabanana
iamanabanana
-->
@Casey_Risk
Justification for being a roleblocker?
Because the cause of  the accident was pretty obvious but ECAA tried to block the NTSB from finding probably cause. NTSB says it was a pilot suicide, and the ECAA said it was due to mechanical failure of pitch control surfaces.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@Owen_T
@iamanabanana
Because the cause of  the accident was pretty obvious but ECAA tried to block the NTSB from finding probably cause. NTSB says it was a pilot suicide, and the ECAA said it was due to mechanical failure of pitch control surfaces.
Okay, I find that believable.

To be clear, Owen, you can only rolestop someone once and that's it?
Lunatic
Lunatic
So im not gonna directly claim, but I will say my role also deals with role prevention. That's now three different claims in a similar category. I am not saying one of the three of us has to be scum because of this, but it is interesting. At the very least, it lends a lot more credit to the idea of a strengthener. 
Owen_T
Owen_T
-->
@Casey_Risk
Sorry about the confusion. I can give someone the ability to rolestop once every night by giving them an invention

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
I have you and Owen as null. I wasn’t the first one to even to sus you. But the fact you were drunk is interesting in the context of leaving Owen off your list.
Well that was way earlier and I wasn't at that point. Like I said to cerulean just forgot about him because he hadn't posted.

My logic is always the same. Role/character + behavior + justification. The holy grail of scum reading. You have  all of those and the odds of being scum skyrocket. You can disagree with my methodology, but it’s not ‘weak’ nor is it scummy. I’ve used the same methodology to catch scum multiple times.
The only problem was that your analysis of Moozer contained no behavioral reasons whatsoever. It was all based on loose justification. We now have several people claiming loose justification.

I already backed off of Moozer for the fear of tunneling him based on reads from other people, who not all of them can we town. 
I noticed that, trying to decide if it's genuine or if it's because multiple people have called you out for it at this point. 

The justification as Strengthener is not just weak, it’s non-existent. This is exactly the type of stuff town missed last game.
It seemed to me that you dis-agreed with the justification, or thought a better role fit it. Which like I said, I feel that way all the time when reading justifications for other mods roles, and even myself as a mod will stretch the link of a role to make a role I like fit. The reasons he gave made sense to me though for his role.

Like I said, it’s not even a stretch. Explain how no one dying on a flight is indicative of a Strengther, even weakly.
Moozer already did, you just didn't like it. I and several other do like it. 

Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@Owen_T
Sorry about the confusion. I can give someone the ability to rolestop once every night by giving them an invention
So, what you're saying is that giving someone the invention turns them into a rolestopper? Is that how it works?
Lunatic
Lunatic
I am going to watch the 49'ers game at a friends house, ill be checking in on my phone, but post quality will go down. 
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
About 7 hours remain in the day.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Owen_T
My legacy role:

When I die I can send a message to any player who has received an invention .  It can be up to 200 characters. 

Justification:
Because of the pilots mistake, generations after him have learned and been able to prevent future accidents. His error sent a message to all other future pilots to avoid the same mistake. 
Okay so basically a messenger. Makes sense
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@iamanabanana
Ya it was obvious you were a Roleblocker based on your first comment, and you are right that the roles are pretty similar. I don’t know how to feel about it atm because I think you’re more townie than Owen, unless your partner advised you to just claim your true role as scum
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
So im not gonna directly claim, but I will say my role also deals with role prevention. That's now three different claims in a similar category. I am not saying one of the three of us has to be scum because of this, but it is interesting. At the very least, it lends a lot more credit to the idea of a strengthener. 
That’s very interesting. If anything that’s a lot of negative town utility rules if you’re all town. I think it’s conceivable that one of yall is scum
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Owen_T
Okay, so your ability to give is confirmable at least.
Owen_T
Owen_T
What can I actually do with my message? It's not like I'll know anything the rest of Town doesn't .  
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
Well that was way earlier and I wasn't at that point. Like I said to cerulean just forgot about him because he hadn't posted.
Like I said, I think you’re too experienced to make that mistake if you weren’t drunk. Its null to me.

The only problem was that your analysis of Moozer contained no behavioral reasons whatsoever. It was all based on loose justification. We now have several people claiming loose justification.
I mentioned the behavior too with the not posting and fluff. Anyways with the claims so far, Strengthener basically makes it so that he’s a scum strengthener against all the town abilities, or town strengthener against town + scum abilities.

I noticed that, trying to decide if it's genuine or if it's because multiple people have called you out for it at this point.
Imo both. At least 2 townies statistically  have said they believed him, and I don’t want to tunnel.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
It seemed to me that you dis-agreed with the justification, or thought a better role fit it. Which like I said, I feel that way all the time when reading justifications for other mods roles, and even myself as a mod will stretch the link of a role to make a role I like fit. The reasons he gave made sense to me though for his role.
Mine isn’t that weak. If Banana is telling the truth, hers isn’t that weak. Same with Owen. I think Whiteflame also said his isn’t weak. But as I said, Moozer’s isn’t just weak, it’s non existent. The reasons make no sense.

Moozer already did, you just didn't like it. I and several other do like it.
And you haven’t explained why. I genuinely don’t see how saving people = strengthener lol. Like spell it out for me as if I’m a noob
Moozer325
Debates: 19
Moozer325
-->
@ILikePie5
This has a possibility of backfiring in my face, but I'm just gonna trust Lunatic on this.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Moozer325
This has a possibility of backfiring in my face, but I'm just gonna trust Lunatic on this.
Aight, if ya say so
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@ILikePie5
Mine isn’t that weak. If Banana is telling the truth, hers isn’t that weak. Same with Owen.
Okay, no. Hard disagree. I think Owen's justification is quite weak. The pilot made a mistake which sent a message for others to learn from, and that's why he's a messenger? It's not impossible, but it's hardly what I would call a strong justification. I also don't really understand how it connects to him being a rolestopper inventor. The fact that you don't see this justification as being weak while also scumreading Moozer to Hell and back feels very weird to me.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
1. Casey
2. whiteflame
3. Pie
4. Owen - Air France 447 - Rolestopper Inventor; Legacy: Message to People given Rolestopper
5. Banana - Egypt Air 990 - Roleblocker; Legacy: ???
6. Earth - Uberlingen Disaster - Miller; Legacy: ???
7. Cerulean
8. Moozer - Gimli Glider - Strengthener; Legacy: Gives total number of fatalities
9. Luna