-->
@Owen_T
I want your claim.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@Moozer325
Unless anything changes majorly over the course of this DP, I’m ready to lynch Lunatic.
This is pretty ironic, considering one of ceruleans points against me being scum was that I was defending you too hard against pie lol.
iamanabanana
Debates: 1
iamanabanana
-->
@Moozer325
I think that in my first game, I posted no more then 5 times in DP1, but I did get more into it later. It’s actually pretty normal to be a little overwhelmed in the owning. Just try and keep up as best you can.
Okay, my bad, my laptop was having issues yesterday I had to take it in to get fixed. I am around today :)
iamanabanana
iamanabanana
-->
@Moozer325
I think that in my first game, I posted no more then 5 times in DP1, but I did get more into it later. It’s actually pretty normal to be a little overwhelmed in the owning. Just try and keep up as best you can.
Okay, my bad, my laptop was having issues yesterday I had to take it in to get fixed. I am around today :)
iamanabanana
iamanabanana
-->
@Casey_Risk
That's a good question. I do find that a bit odd, though I could still see it potentially being in the game. Right now, I'd like to hear a little more from Banana and Cerulean. They haven't spoken up in a bit. 
Hi, still collecting my thoughts and catching up..
iamanabanana
iamanabanana
-->
@whiteflame
hile we're on the subject of activity, what are people's thoughts on getting some softclaims?
What is a soft claim?
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@iamanabanana
A soft claim is basically you giving a hint as to what your true character or role is. For example, my character is a mid air collision. I could softclaim by claiming something like "my character is a midair collision."
iamanabanana
iamanabanana
-->
@Casey_Risk
Look at it this way. Moozer shares the total number of fatalities from all the incidents in the game. We force a mass claim and have everyone reveal their character, then look for every possible way the numbers could add up to Moozer's total. Chances are, there'd only be one. We then kick out the scum. Game is solved DP1. Completely unfair to the scum team. If Moozer is telling the truth about his legacy role, he'd have to be forbidden from sharing the number. It's the only way it could be balanced.
Wouldn't the mafia just lie about their incident and fatalities?
iamanabanana
iamanabanana
Okay I just caught up. I apologize in advance if this feels a bit all over the place. I am not good at this game, but I will definitely try my best.

On the moozer role situation, I do not know enough about the strengthener role to understand it completely, but from my understanding of it, it seems to play into my role well, so I kind of buy it for that reason alone. That said I don't think Moozer is like guaranteed town or anything, I just can see his role existing with mine. I will say in tandem with what lunatic said, it feels a bit interesting that whiteflame and pie's thoughts echo each other so closely without interaction. For example Whiteflame pointing out that there would be better roles to fit with the place incident, and pie further clarifying that it sounds more like a protective role. It seems a bit like they are bouncing thoughts off of each other outside the game. And I don't really feel like one or the other are really analyzing each other a whole lot as potential mafia targets which also kind of worries me about them being a potential team together.

Aside from that I don't really read whiteflame's behavior independently as scummy. I like whiteflame's over-all approach to getting activity in the game through discussion. I don't really know pie well enough, but I can see some of what people are saying about him using loose logic to push people. At the same time, making big deals out of nothing is also what people have been saying you should do as town, so I am not sure if I should be scum reading that.

Lunatic has risky takes that go against the grain of some of the more active post leaders. As mafia would he be so brazen as to be scum reading whiteflame and pie the way he has? If he is mafia is just seems a bit of an unnecessary risk, and the fact that he's doing it kind of feels town to me. I don't like his posts responding to the votes on him though, and if he was actually intoxicated when he made them I guess I can ignore those. 

Earth doesn't really ping my radar at all, his claim doesn't mean anything to me because I am kind of just going by other people's words when it comes to how often millers are claimed by mafia or not. I will say he feels more town than not, if you ask me to justify that I can't other than it is a  gut feeling.

Cerulean is my strongest town read. Everything they have posted seems like they are genuinely trying to look into everything and everyone. It could be I just like their posting style. But her post about "deathtunneling" owen really sticks out to me even though it was more of a joke, I do think she has a point. Owen's sudden change of "agreeing with pie being scummy" to agreeing with pies reads several posts later is interesting.

Lastly casey feels wierd to me. I can't really pin point why, I feel like he posts a lot without actually saying anything super meaningful and blends in very easily. That is about all I can say about him.

Right now if I had to guess someone being scum it would be in this pool of people: Whiteflame, pie, casey, owen, and I do kind of town read whiteflame, im only really putting him in there because of the lack of interactions with pie and the fact they seem to be bouncing ideas off each other in an external setting.

I am not the best at this I hope this post was somewhat coherent, and again I apologize about my inactivity.
Earth
Earth
Has Moozer even posted 25 times yet?
Lunatic
Lunatic
Lets lynch pie

Don't be afraid. Once he's dead he can't intimidate you anymore.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Cerulean
Why specifically one? Why not both? Because if we're going to pressure both, there's a good chance both are going to need to claim regardless.
Assuming they’re both town and everyone that has claimed so far is also town, that’s a massive advantage to scum. Normally we limit the number of claims to 3 for that reason.

I'm considering the possibility of a Lunatic-Owen team. It's looking a little far ahead without flips, but I don't like either of them independently and there is one thing that makes me suspect it as a pairing. Back in Post 110, Lunatic forgets Owen entirely in the reads list, then drops him in null a moment later. That is a red flag to me both because forgetting to put your teammate on a list is a slip that's reasonably common (among slips, anyway), and because in my experience, wolves like to put each other in null slots.
That’s fair. Thought I think Lunatic is experienced enough to not fall for that.

Owen is a low poster, but Lunatic still managed to have me in lean Town and Moozer in strong Town even though we were both also low posters at the time. Is Owen that hard to read?
He still hasn’t explained why Moozer is town besides vibes. As for Owen, he is hard to read because his play is wacky in general. Same thing with Moozer.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
Kind of drunk last thing I remember was pressuring pie and now I’m seeing votes in me so without having caught up I’m assuming he just flipped the script somehow and argued that I’m scum and without me being here you all just bandwagoned him or something
I have you and Owen as null. I wasn’t the first one to even to sus you. But the fact you were drunk is interesting in the context of leaving Owen off your list.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@iamanabanana
I am not the best at this I hope this post was somewhat coherent, and again I apologize about my inactivity.
Actually, I think that was a great reads post. It pretty clearly explains how you read everyone's behavior and provides your own PoE pool.

Personally, I have more of a null read on Cerulean. I have only played one game with him before, but I know he's experienced. Nothing he has said so far gives me scum vibes, but nothing makes me feel like he's definitely town either. Without having seen him as scum before, I don't have any scum games to compare his behavior with. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
Pie has a history of righteous indignation, and frequently leads mislynches. He is very aggressive as a scum player (he is as town too) but I feel like his logic will be a little looser to achieve his objectives as scum.
My logic is always the same. Role/character + behavior + justification. The holy grail of scum reading. You have  all of those and the odds of being scum skyrocket. You can disagree with my methodology, but it’s not ‘weak’ nor is it scummy. I’ve used the same methodology to catch scum multiple times.

Pie has a history of leading the mislynch and trying to pass off the scummy behavior as part of the person who was mislynched fault, or the mods  fault, or virtually anyone but his fault. Anyways he's not always wrong, but the looser the logic, and the heavier the push, it feels more like his scum games to me. I am not picking up the same warning signs about moozer as he is, and for me that is screaming at me that this is scum pie pushing a mislynch. 
I already backed off of Moozer for the fear of tunneling him based on reads from other people, who not all of them can we town. 
Owen_T
Debates: 28
Owen_T
Nows a good time for me to claim is seems 

Air France flight 447.  The flight crashed due to pilot incompetency. The plane was losing speed, and started to fall. The pilot could have recovered by going down to gain speed, but instead, he pulled up, stopping the plane and killing all passengers. Therefore, I am a rolestopper-inventor. I'm not sure where the inventor part comes in. 
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@whiteflame
@Owen_T
At this point, I think I'm more willing to push Owen for a claim than Luna. I can see the basis for the latter, but the pattern I'm seeing from Owen (as Cerulean has pointed out) is more troubling.
Actually, I agree. While I was initially very unhappy about Luna's aggressive response, I think him being a bit drunk at the time does help to explain it, and his responses from this morning feel genuine and towny to me. I'd like to reread Indian Politicians DP1 to see if there really is a difference in Moozer's behavior, but for now, I don't think pushing Owen for a claim is a bad idea at all.

Unvote 

VTL Owen
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
Vote count 1.10

Owen (3/5): Cerulean, whiteflame, Casey
Luna (2/5): Earth, Moozer
Pie (1/5): Luna

The crew immediately discovered that their flight instruments were behaving erratically, and reported receiving contradictory serial emergency messages, including an overangled rudder, overspeed, underspeed, and flying too low... As a consequence of the pilots' inability to precisely monitor the aircraft's airspeed or vertical speed, they experienced multiple stalls, resulting in rapid loss of altitude with no corresponding change on the altimeter... The aircraft clipped the ocean and slammed into the water near-inverted. - Aeroperu Flight 603

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
Because I just played mafia with moozer and this doesn't feel like his scum reaction. He was much more prone to mistake in that game, and it was miracle he survived as long as he did.
He survived that long because town was idiotic and didn’t see the mistakes. I pointed out the various mistakes that he made. First was not posting even though he was online. Rookie mistake. Second was the character and justification. The justification clearly was about a protective role. The justification as Strengthener is not just weak, it’s non-existent. This is exactly the type of stuff town missed last game.

His reactions and responses feel very genuine here in comparison, and the biggest argument against him is that his role justification is a stretch, which I have already stated mine is too. And I thought a lot of the role links in indian politicians were stretches too.
Like I said, it’s not even a stretch. Explain how no one dying on a flight is indicative of a Strengther, even weakly.

Without being privy to context sometimes it's hard to see the role link the mod had in mind. Hell sometimes as mod, I have an idea for role and I want to put that role in so badly that I will purposely stretch a justification for a character to make it work, even though there are way better roles than can fit it. Moozer's answers and information about his role all sounds completely legit to me. I don't know he is town, I just know the reasons he is being pushed aren't good. I'd be more okay with the push if their were behavioral reasons going with the analysis.
There were. Namely is decision not to post and his fluff that I identified immediately. Nevertheless, like I said. If everyone is WF, Casey, Lunatic, and Earth believes him, there are at least 2 townies who believe him, so I have withdrawn my vote
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Moozer325
I have a theory, but you’re enough of an experienced player that I’ll trust you and go along with it

You’re still my number one target for the lynch this DP.
You should explain everything. No need to wait. 
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@Owen_T
Air France flight 447. The flight crashed due to pilot incompetency. The plane was losing speed, and started to fall. The pilot could have recovered by going down to gain speed, but instead, he pulled up, stopping the plane and killing all passengers. Therefore, I am a rolestopper-inventor. I'm not sure where the inventor part comes in. 
Interesting. Can you paraphrase what Austin says your role does? 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
Lets lynch pie

Don't be afraid. Once he's dead he can't intimidate you anymore.
Lol nice try. 
Earth
Earth
-->
@ILikePie5
I dunno, he convinced me.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
I dunno, he convinced me.
???
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Owen_T
Nows a good time for me to claim is seems 

Air France flight 447.  The flight crashed due to pilot incompetency. The plane was losing speed, and started to fall. The pilot could have recovered by going down to gain speed, but instead, he pulled up, stopping the plane and killing all passengers. Therefore, I am a rolestopper-inventor. I'm not sure where the inventor part comes in. 
You need to elaborate more. Rolestopper is relatively scummy, but Inventor is townie. Though I think Austin had a town role stopper in a previous game. Explain please.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Owen_T
Yep, I'm going to need some explication as well. Inventor, in particular, is something that you could explain in greater detail.

Also, are these separate roles you have access to regularly? What is your legacy role?

Earth
Earth
-->
@ILikePie5
I'm messing around with you. At least for now.
Owen_T
Owen_T
I'll elaborate but I'm in the mountains right now with very little battery and data, so if I go silent that's why. 
Owen_T
Owen_T
I'll elaborate but I'm in the mountains right now with very little battery and data, so if I go silent that's why.