Author: Lunatic

Read-only
Total: 129
Owen_T
Debates: 28
Owen_T
-->
@ILikePie5
My explanation is just you are hated because the main character is hated by himself and others for most of the show.

It does not take effect at LYLO
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@whiteflame
My NP1 results just say I've been turned into a townie
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@That2User
How does the rock, paper, scissor thing work? Is it live and viewed by Luna?  
Basically if WF is lynched, he chooses a player to challenge. They each submit either Rock, Paper, or Scissors via PM. If WF wins, he lives. If whoever he challenges wins, that person lives. If it’s a tie, they both die.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Owen_T
It does not take effect at LYLO
Wym by this?

My explanation is just you are hated because the main character is hated by himself and others for most of the show.
That’s it? Nothing more?
Vader
Vader
-->
@whiteflame
Luna usually confirms whether an action was successful, so I thought he would have confirmed your night action if it was, regardless of whether your target could actually be RB'd. I'd still like to understand how you thought you'd be confirmed if you were made vanilla.
To be clear, I meant confirmed IF I still had my RB. What I mean by that is there would have been some indication that OK, he's telling the truth about RB. I didn't think I'd confirmed if made vanilla, but if it was a town who converted me I thought they would've spoke up, they get converted to a vanilla town so it essentially 80% confirms them unless it's a big brain gambit
Vader
Vader
-->
@ILikePie5
I mean town lose if they lynch and it's inherently a horrible lynch. I had no reason to SOP claim my char in DP1 and comment on it.
Well this is WIFOM, but I see your point.
Most of this is going to be WIFOM but I'm considering because of how illogical it would be to purposefully make a mistake

In fact if I had no visit on JoeBob, shouldn't that indicate me that I am even more telling the truth?
Not really cause you may have sought a mislynch on him to win the game. You only mentioned how you were a vanilla after That2 corroborated JoeBob
So if I was looking to mislynch, why would I have just said, wow Ok Joebob is lying, and do a 1v1 trade off and force a JoeBob lynch versus make up some bullshit about me getting converted to a vanilla. I also just quick posted my results without checking anything them came back to see. Can't defend not seeing when it happened. 

Why would I make such a stupid gambit to claim someone I didn't RB in the NP.
Cause it’s MYLO

If it was MYLO I would be forcing a lynch on JoeBob and trying to convince you JoeBob/That2 are a team. 
Vader
Vader
I am highly suspicious of Owen because of his role. Hated is generally an SOP role and I can see how a new player could use it as a way to not get town to lynch them. I am always skeptical of hated roles because it forces town to put you off to the side. I also don't like how we claimed it that late 

Owen would be my top read but there isn't enough behaviorally to dissect

I think That2 is probably town because they are the only investigative role in the game and they essentially confirmed themselves. 

JoeBob is in no way town confirmed at all. I think there should be some discussion because his role is pretty fishy and I am not as trustworthy with vigils. I think the role makes sense but the role gives me sus. There are also so many moments to choose from that it is not impossible to fake claim something in this game

I think Pie's behavior is relatively town. I think he's sticking to his meta and his push on Wylted feels townie to me because of how many times he's said wylted can't think of claims 

Whiteflame is null to me right now

I think the combos are probably

Owen/WF
Joe/Owen
WF/Joe

Obviously Pie is still in the mix too but I am behaviorally town reading him 
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@Vader
Counter argument to your point
Right now Vader is my best scum read. How would an experienced player not notice that they became a different role?
1. Do you think I would be paying more attention to my role PM if I was mafia or town?
2. Do you think if I were a scum RB I would willingly out my role as a RB and then not say who I targeted to role confirm myself and put the sus off of myself
2. why would you pay more attention to one more than the other?
1. I don’t think you’re a RB scum. you just said you were a RB but you’re not actually I bet
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
Most of this is going to be WIFOM but I'm considering because of how illogical it would be to purposefully make a mistake
It would be illogical to SOP claim Roleblocker as scum for sure, which is why I’m not 100% sold on you being scum.

So if I was looking to mislynch, why would I have just said, wow Ok Joebob is lying, and do a 1v1 trade off and force a JoeBob lynch versus make up some bullshit about me getting converted to a vanilla. I also just quick posted my results without checking anything them came back to see. Can't defend not seeing when it happened.
Well, in that scenario the only scum team possible would be JoeBob/That2 vs Supa/XXX from the perspective of other townies like me. I think you’d have a much harder time going after JoeBob, so you were kind of forced to make up the claim that you were turned into a Vanilla. 

If it was MYLO I would be forcing a lynch on JoeBob and trying to convince you JoeBob/That2 are a team.
Well, it is MYLO, and I would consider a JoeBob/That2 team, but it doesn’t make sense cause That2 has claimed the only Town Investigative role.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
I am highly suspicious of Owen because of his role. Hated is generally an SOP role and I can see how a new player could use it as a way to not get town to lynch them. I am always skeptical of hated roles because it forces town to put you off to the side. I also don't like how we claimed it that late 
I agree, it’s a good fake claim. I think a Owen/WF makes sense here if Hated is truly a fake claim cause WF is smart enough to be able to cover his partner with the claim.

Owen would be my top read but there isn't enough behaviorally to dissect
I scumread Owen and you personally. I don’t like how he hasn’t expanded that much on his justification. Just reiterating the same thing basically.

I think That2 is probably town because they are the only investigative role in the game and they essentially confirmed themselves. 
I agree

JoeBob is in no way town confirmed at all. I think there should be some discussion because his role is pretty fishy and I am not as trustworthy with vigils. I think the role makes sense but the role gives me sus. There are also so many moments to choose from that it is not impossible to fake claim something in this game
This is also fair, buts if you’re scum, then he’s Town for sure. It just depends on who I believe more. Right now I’m leaning towards you or Owen as the lynch.
That2User
Debates: 5
That2User
I am tempted to say fuck it and vote whiteflame to potentially end this in a rock, paper, scissors duel. If wf is town and loses we lose, if wf is scum and wins we lose. If wf is scum and loses we survive, if wf is town and wins against scum we survive. If it's a tie and hits scum/town we're down to 3 town, 1 mafia. Mafia nks town leaving 2 town and 1 mafia DP3. It's a risky af play but wf is potentially mafia and his ability is an amazing deterrence in mylo.
That2User
That2User
Worst case scenario is wf and his opponent are both town making it an auto loss. Question is are these risks even worth it to pursue this play? It is insane but I feel it's the best chance we have if it works. Biggest if ever lmfao.
That2User
That2User
My only town read is Pie, I've seen ppl say joebob is probably mechanically town but I don't see him as mech cleared. Neutral with wf. Vader probably does not fuck up like this as mafia. owen feels like the natural poe vote, like wf's role he is also a deterrence in being hated though he never specified if being hated applies to mylo too.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@That2User
I am tempted to say fuck it and vote whiteflame to potentially end this in a rock, paper, scissors duel. If wf is town and loses we lose, if wf is scum and wins we lose. If wf is scum and loses we survive, if wf is town and wins against scum we survive. If it's a tie and hits scum/town we're down to 3 town, 1 mafia. Mafia nks town leaving 2 town and 1 mafia DP3. It's a risky af play but wf is potentially mafia and his ability is an amazing deterrence in mylo.
Im actually going to have to disagree with this for two reasons.

1) Mechanically, if WF is telling the truth, he should be town because it doesn’t make sense to have a scum be able to avoid lynches. If you think he’s lying about his claim then it doesn’t matter, but his claim and justification check out + I’m confident GoT is in the game cause Luna loves it based on the character he selected in my game

2) If WF is scum + Owen is not his partner, there’s a 66% chance we lose the game cause even if both die, scum can hammer Owen with the sole vote they have.

If WF is scum, he’s going to challenge the most townie player, which is you, so it doesn’t give us that much information even if you live and he dies.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
@That2User
@Owen_T
Here is my reads list from most town to scum

Pie
That2
Whiteflame
JoeBob
Owen/Supa

At this point I’m willing to lynch either Owen or Supa
Vader
Vader
-->
@ILikePie5

This is also fair, buts if you’re scum, then he’s Town for sure. It just depends on who I believe more. Right now I’m leaning towards you or Owen as the lynch.
I'm gonna disagree with you here. Scum team could easily be 2 Owen/WF not necessarily a trade off of JoeBob and I despite popular belief.

Vader
Vader
-->
@JoeBob
Counter argument to your point
Right now Vader is my best scum read. How would an experienced player not notice that they became a different role?
1. Do you think I would be paying more attention to my role PM if I was mafia or town?
2. Do you think if I were a scum RB I would willingly out my role as a RB and then not say who I targeted to role confirm myself and put the sus off of myself
2. why would you pay more attention to one more than the other?
Because as scum, you are making planned calculations on your next move. This means knowing all the knowledge and double checking the facts. As town you are discovering things as you go and get info as you know what's given, thus making your next move less known.
1. I don’t think you’re a RB scum. you just said you were a RB but you’re not actually I bet

Again, what would be the ultimate reason that I could claim RB then, a role that is classified as a scum role, call it an SOP role, and claim it right away. Not to mention from my time playing as scum with Luna I'm almost positive he never gives fake claims to use. To think of that moment in that situation for a show I never have watched would take way too much brain power than what I am willing to use
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
I'm gonna disagree with you here. Scum team could easily be 2 Owen/WF not necessarily a trade off of JoeBob and I despite popular belief.
I just don’t see WF as scum right now over you/Owen. If you’re certain Owen is scum, then I would guess JoeBob is the partner and they’re working with fake claims Luna gave them. Otherwise it doesn’t make sense why Owen isn’t expanding on his PM justification 
Vader
Vader
That2's logic honestly works in the situation. I would mull it over but even if WF is scum, then you are playing as a gamble that you don't die...which now that I type that...
Vader
Vader
-->
@ILikePie5
I just don’t see WF as scum right now over you/Owen. If you’re certain Owen is scum, then I would guess JoeBob is the partner and they’re working with fake claims Luna gave them. Otherwise it doesn’t make sense why Owen isn’t expanding on his PM justification 
He's my top read at the moment but I would strongly consider WF in the pile. I just feel like his Rock Paper Scissors role is way too much chance involved and if he is town, why didn't he SOP claim that, OK, if I'm lynched we both will die unless we pick the same thing. It also is such a neg town utility to it that I'm not sure why it wasn't SOP'd, especially if they pick the same and it hypothetically kills 2 town. I am frankily a bit sus
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
He's my top read at the moment but I would strongly consider WF in the pile. I just feel like his Rock Paper Scissors role is way too much chance involved and if he is town, why didn't he SOP claim that
I didn’t SOP claim when I had that role. The fact that it’s chance involved makes him more likely to be town than scum. It’s basically a gladiator without everyone else voting on it. I had the role as town and used it pretty well imo. If you think he’s another role, then that’s different. But objectively with what he’s claimed, he should be town.

, OK, if I'm lynched we both will die unless we pick the same thing.
If you think he’s scum and telling the truth about his role, he would never pick you.

It also is such a neg town utility to it that I'm not sure why it wasn't SOP'd, especially if they pick the same and it hypothetically kills 2 town. I am frankily a bit sus
There’s a 66% chance only one townie dies assuming he and the person he chooses is town. Not really negative utility. I thought of this when I had it, trust me lol
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
I’m going to reread and make my decision 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Vader
Alright, so it's possible you were made vanilla before you could use your role. Got it.

To be clear, I meant confirmed IF I still had my RB. What I mean by that is there would have been some indication that OK, he's telling the truth about RB. I didn't think I'd confirmed if made vanilla, but if it was a town who converted me I thought they would've spoke up, they get converted to a vanilla town so it essentially 80% confirms them unless it's a big brain gambit
That was confusingly framed in your previous response and you seem to be breaking that into two points now. I'm not sure how you could confirm that you had the RB if you apparently got no confirmation that either of your uses of the role were successful. As for the latter point, I guess it was possible that Pie was a town Vanillizer since he hasn't claimed yet. In any case, I've become less convinced that you're scum with each of your responses, so I'm setting this aside for now.

I understand your perspective here since. If he's scum, he would know that you had been Vanillized and could sus you as a result. It does seem strange to me that, as scum, he'd give cover to both That2 and Pie with his fake claim despite the fact that neither had claimed by that point, but I can at least see why you might view his role as fishy.

That2's logic honestly works in the situation. I would mull it over but even if WF is scum, then you are playing as a gamble that you don't die...which now that I type that...
I'll admit, I would be interested to see how this would play out, but I don't think the risk is worth it. Going to give my thoughts in response to That2 regarding how this would play out.

He's my top read at the moment but I would strongly consider WF in the pile. I just feel like his Rock Paper Scissors role is way too much chance involved and if he is town, why didn't he SOP claim that, OK, if I'm lynched we both will die unless we pick the same thing. It also is such a neg town utility to it that I'm not sure why it wasn't SOP'd, especially if they pick the same and it hypothetically kills 2 town. I am frankily a bit sus
I'm not sure why you believe this role is an SOP claim. If your point is that it could result in the death of another townie, then Vig and Gladiator should be SOP roles as well, since they can result in the deaths of other town members. The only difference here is that mine's triggered on lynch and has a clear element of chance to it. 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@That2User
I get this desire to just roll with it. Throwing caution to the wind and just seeing what happens would be entertaining, but while I think you've laid out the potential results pretty well, I don't think the odds are in our favor. Only two of those scenarios is positive for town (the one where I'm scum and lose the match and the one where I'm town and win the match). The remaining ones end the game or place us at LYLO at best, and that's assuming that I target scum and tie with them. If you're relying on my ability to pick out scum, then why not just vote for that target instead of relying on a chance that the game goes my way? I get that this is our last chance to do it without making a tie an auto-loss, but getting confirmation of my role isn't worth the chance that the game just ends due to one bad rock-paper-scissors throw.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
After rereading, I feel a little more comfortable with Supa compared to Owen. I think Owen’s play doesn’t make any sense this DP and he’s been generally avoidant of answering questions. I think it’s clear Owen is scum. Hopefully he’s a scum power role.

VTL Owen
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
@whiteflame
@That2User
@JoeBob
See above
Owen_T
Owen_T
-->
@Vader
@ILikePie5
So looks like a lot happened while I was asleep. 

So the two reasons people suspect me is 

1. Hated is am easy fake claim
2. My claim elaboration is minimal

The reason my claim is so quick is because I'm currently traveling in Vienna with nothing but my old  mobile phone and some scattered minutes to manually rephrase my pm. I would noe but I'm literally preparing to go to the air port my claim is really just a short  summary of the show and then my role. 
Owen_T
Owen_T
I'm going to VTL Vader

Since I'll be leaving soon I want to place my vote.
Vader
Vader
-->
@whiteflame
@town general post
My gut is telling me Owen so I think my vote will end there but I will not cast it yet

@whiteflame

Alright, so it's possible you were made vanilla before you could use your role. Got it.
Yes

That was confusingly framed in your previous response and you seem to be breaking that into two points now. I'm not sure how you could confirm that you had the RB if you apparently got no confirmation that either of your uses of the role were successful.
Well in NP1 I was turned into vanilla, it would just be assumed NP2 that I can't do an action. Like I said, my mistake was not checking my PM to see that I got turned into vanilla, which is my mistake. I was talking about what I thought would happen and went from that
As for the latter point, I guess it was possible that Pie was a town Vanillizer since he hasn't claimed yet. In any case, I've become less convinced that you're scum with each of your responses, so I'm setting this aside for now.
I feel like Pie would've outted it already tbh. If he is for some reason I get what he's trying to do and it's pretty smart. Don't want to reveal it to scum though,

I understand your perspective here since. If he's scum, he would know that you had been Vanillized and could sus you as a result. It does seem strange to me that, as scum, he'd give cover to both That2 and Pie with his fake claim despite the fact that neither had claimed by that point, but I can at least see why you might view his role as fishy.
I see the point and I agree with what you were saying, this was more of a general response of how people town read him because of that1. I also know that Luna does give out some roles where he gives hints about what's in the game/what's not. (eg our mafia game when we were a team). I don't think it's likely, but to rule out JoeBob is not correct

I'll admit, I would be interested to see how this would play out, but I don't think the risk is worth it. Going to give my thoughts in response to That2 regarding how this would play out.
I thought about it over and yeah I agree

I'm not sure why you believe this role is an SOP claim. If your point is that it could result in the death of another townie, then Vig and Gladiator should be SOP roles as well, since they can result in the deaths of other town members. The only difference here is that mine's triggered on lynch and has a clear element of chance to it. 
I could be misunderstanding this but once you are lynched you choose someone to play rock, paper, scissors to decide who dies. Here is the issue. The only way you bypass the negative is if you solely focus on you being lynched and you tell someone in the DP to pick something to confirm them. If they are scum and you are town, they aren't gonna listen. If you survive and the other guy dies, we would likely lose you in the NP because you are essentially town confirmed. And if you are scum, obviously the same logic applies. I am not sure if it's an SOP, but the fact that this was claimed in DP2 versus in DP1 is a bit suspicious to and especially after a lot of people claimed too. 

Vader
Vader
Logging off for the night