Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@Barney
@whiteflame
@AustinL0926
@WyIted
@Owen_T
I think JoeBob is likely town based on that claim. Even before the game started, I figured that Jock would likely be in it. 
I think this actually a scum slip. How did Casey know Jock would be in the game before it started? Moozer made no mention of what the theme would be besides middle school. How does that translate into student stereotypes and further into Jock. Am I missing something?
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@WyIted
Okay so Austin and whiteflame are the scum team. cool

UNVOTE VTL AUSTIN
My role is literally an NP1 Innocent Child if I don't get roleblocked. Not going to claim further but I think I've softed my role very very clearly.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@ILikePie5
I think JoeBob is likely town based on that claim. Even before the game started, I figured that Jock would likely be in it. 
I think this actually a scum slip. How did Casey know Jock would be in the game before it started? Moozer made no mention of what the theme would be besides middle school. How does that translate into student stereotypes and further into Jock. Am I missing something?
I figured Casey might mean after the role PMs got sent but before the game started. I don't read too much into it.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Why is Barney town again?
WyIted
Debates: 29
WyIted
-->
@AustinL0926
My role is literally an NP1 Innocent Child if I don't get roleblocked. Not going to claim further but I think I've softed my role very very clearly
fine

unvote
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
Why is Barney town again?
I townread him for a reason. Ur welcome to ifnore
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@ILikePie5
I was concerned about her pointing out that PGO was in 2 other games that moozer created and so it almost felt like she immediately knew that and so I was wondering if she set up catholic with a claim in the scum PM, but I also remembered she is terrible as scum and I would have picked up on that by now
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@ILikePie5
if her theory is correct students vs staff it makes Barney scum
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@ILikePie5
How did Casey know Jock would be in the game before it started?
Like I said, I figured the game would likely involve the typical school cliques. Getting my role PM just helped to confirm my suspicions. 
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
Anyway, I townread CA and JoeBob for reasons I've already explained. I also townread Owen for his claim -- Popular Kid is one that would likely be in the game, and he seemed to genuinely misunderstand what he was being asked to claim. Pie has generally been giving me towny vibes as well.

Thus, my PoE has it narrowed down to Austin, WyIted, Whiteflame, and Barney. I don't want to kill Austin yet since he says he can confirm himself by tomorrow, and while I'm still uneasy about Wylted's claim, if he really is a vigilante, it could be useful to keep him alive. I would like to lynch Barney or Whiteflame personally. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Casey_Risk
U need to character at the very least
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
1. Owen_T - Popular Kid - ???
2. IlikePie5 - ??? - ???
3. Casey_Risk - ??? - ???
4. Joebob - Jock - 1x Bulletproof 
5. Austin - ??? - ???
6. Whiteflame - ??? - ???
7. WyIted - Quiet Kid - 1x Vig
8. Barney - ??? - ???
9. CatholicApologetics - Class Bully - PGO

Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@ILikePie5
U need to character at the very least
Very well. I am the Nerd. Since my role is also a negative utility/SOP role, I will claim it as well. I am the Miller, since nerds tend to annoy others and are therefore disliked. I honestly expected to claim earlier, but the thread took a turn and other players took the focus. 
Barney
Debates: 53
Barney
-->
@ILikePie5
Actually a good point. The jock stereotype doesn't hit until high school. Whereas some others go away by then.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Ya no

VTL Casey
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
that doesn't make any sense as a justification in my opinion. Scumlean on Casey in terms of theme for now.

WyIted
WyIted
A miller and a PGO and at least 2 town visiting roles if that is to be trusted and a vig

so lets say PGO is vigged and copped and a mislynch DP1

that's 3 vs 2 dp2

Plus a NK

2 vs 2

The game could end NP1 for either side tbh
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
I’m fine lynching Casey. That justification is garbage. I personally think the scum slipped earlier. And Millers are useless anyways. Not to mention Casey mentioned SOP to Catholic and then failed to claim it themselves 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
2. IlikePie5 - ??? - ???
3. Casey_Risk - Nerd - Miller
5. Austin - ??? - ???
8. Barney - ??? - ???

Moozer325
Debates: 19
Moozer325
Vote Count:

Casey (1/5) - Pie,

There are about 48 hours left in the DP

whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
I'm not as confident as Casey is that a Jock would be in this game, even given the claim of a Nerd is now on the table, but I can at least see why they believed there would be one based on their claim. That being said, it's sus that Casey acknowledged back on page 1 that PGO was an SOP claim and then waited until now to acknowledge the same about their own role. The justification is a little strange as well, but maybe that's just me being defensive of my own nerd identity.

That being said, I'm still catching up on the DP and have to wrap stuff up at work, so I just want to get out my initial thoughts now.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@whiteflame
That being said, it's sus that Casey acknowledged back on page 1 that PGO was an SOP claim and then waited until now to acknowledge the same about their own role.
I get that, and honestly, I probably should have claimed then. In the moment, I just wanted to focus on developing my idea, and then I was going to claim afterwards, but then Pie was pushing Wylted, WyIted was trying to push a quick lynch, and there just didn't seem to be a good time for me to give my claim until now. If I get sussed by the town for that, then I understand. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
2. IlikePie5 - ??? - ???
3. Casey_Risk - Nerd - Miller
5. Austin - Overly Friendly Kid - ???
8. Barney - ??? - ???

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Casey_Risk
I get that, and honestly, I probably should have claimed then. In the moment, I just wanted to focus on developing my idea, and then I was going to claim afterwards, but then Pie was pushing Wylted, WyIted was trying to push a quick lynch, and there just didn't seem to be a good time for me to give my claim until now. If I get sussed by the town for that, then I understand. 
I think it's a given that your role claim would get sussed, so it's mainly a matter of how the claim looks. I think this response looks pretty townie, and I have a hard time believing that you would claim a Miller role as scum since that necessarily draws attention to you. It's mainly a question of how all that balances against the weird justification and timing of your claim.

Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@whiteflame
It's mainly a question of how all that balances against the weird justification and timing of your claim.
In terms of justifications, mine might not be the strongest, but I've seen weaker ones that ended up being true. I feel like Moozer in particular creates justifications that are a bit weak sometimes. Like, in BotW Mafia, I was Urbosa/PGO, on account of Urbosa being 'a bit of a loose cannon'. Even as someone who had never played BotW before, I could tell that the justification felt like Moozer just wanted a PGO in the game. 

If it helps, though, I could have ChatGPT rewrite my role PM. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Casey_Risk
If it helps, though, I could have ChatGPT rewrite my role PM. 
Not every justification’s going to be a gem, though we have to have something to go on, and role and justification make more sense than focusing on character given the info scum has. Still, worth at least having another look at it, so sure.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@whiteflame
This is my role PM rewritten in "pirate speak". 

Ye be the Nerd! This here middle school type be known fer bein' sharp as a cutlass, but also annoyin' as a parrot squawkin' in yer ear. Ye can't help but butt in on other crew's chatter to correct 'em with yer famous line, "Well Actually...". Many folks ain't too fond of ye because o' this, so ye be the Miller. Ye win with the town.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Assuming that Casey is telling the truth about being a miller, that means scum may have a godfather or lawyer and there’s likely a cop in the game
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Quiet Kid as a scum godfather makes a whole lot of sense imo. I don’t believe there’s a PGO and a Vig in the game. It just doesn’t make any sense.