2. IlikePie5
3. Casey_Risk
4.  Joebob
5. Austin
6. Whiteflame
7. WyIted
8. Barney
9. CatholicApologetics

Basic Mafia rules apply. If you have any specific questions, you can always PM me. DPs are 72 hours and NPs are 24. This DP ends at 12:00 August 15. 

Tag me if you need a vote count or a time check.

Also remember, Scum knows all the characters in the game, but not the roles or who has them. 

With 9 players it takes 5 votes to Lynch. Have fun!

Moozer325
Debates: 19
Moozer325
-->
@Barney
@WyIted
@JoeBob
@Owen_T
@CatholicApologetics
DP is up
Moozer325
Debates: 19
Moozer325
-->
@whiteflame
@ILikePie5
@AustinL0926
@Casey_Risk
DP is up
Casey_Risk
Debates: 3
Casey_Risk
Wow, seems like the scum team has been given a huge advantage. 

I'm at work rn. I'll post more later. 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
I'm also at work, so I only have an opportunity to check in right now.

Also remember, Scum knows all the characters in the game, but not the roles or who has them. 
Guess this game is going to be focusing on behavioral analysis and role claims.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
I have an idea as to how the town might solve this, or at least start to, but I need until my break in an hour and a half to explain. I'd like to ask the rest of you to refrain from claiming until then. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Bruh scum know all the characters? Thats rigged
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
We need games with thematic analysis. I’m tired of these non themed games

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@CatholicApologetics
VTL Catholic

Welcome to Mafia. Tell us what you know about the game and any past experience playing this game.
CatholicApologetics
Debates: 4
CatholicApologetics
-->
@ILikePie5
Hello, I've played a similar game before, so I believe I can keep up.

I don't mean psychoanalyze every little thing, but we don't have a lot to go off of.

Right from the start, I'm immediately suspicious of Casey_Risk. He mentioned, "Wow, seems like the scum team has been given a huge advantage." The way he expressed his surprise implies that he isn't part of the scum team, as he would have already known that the role reveals all players. His behavior suggests that he might be trying to throw us off by acting surprised, which could be a deliberate tactic to appear innocent. ILikePie5 made a similar comment as well. We should keep a close eye on their actions.

Of course, this is a huge conspiracy that has no concrete support apart from speculation. This is just a remark, not an accusation.
Barney
Debates: 53
Barney
Scum knows all the characters in the game, but not the roles or who has them. 
While it's an advantage, it's by no means an overwhelming one.

Anyways I'm a groundskeeper Willie, once per night I may restock the paper towels. In the event of zombies, I may pat the dirt back into place.
CatholicApologetics
CatholicApologetics
I am the Class Bully, the other kids are afraid and won't go near me. As a result, I am a Paranoid Gun Owner. If anybody tries to visit me throughout the night, they will be killed (apart from the Mafia).
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@ILikePie5
There is a theme split. Check the signups thread again. 

I won’t be giving much more information on the topic just because that might give away the theme split early on. You’ll figure it out pretty quickly though.

Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@CatholicApologetics
I am the Class Bully, the other kids are afraid and won't go near me. As a result, I am a Paranoid Gun Owner. If anybody tries to visit me throughout the night, they will be killed (apart from the Mafia).
I did ask you to refrain from claiming until I get on break and have more time, but that's okay. PGO is an SOP claim, especially if it can't kill the mafia, so it's fine. Actually, this info strengthens my theory. 
JoeBob
JoeBob
seventh
CatholicApologetics
CatholicApologetics
-->
@Casey_Risk
Oh, that's my bad. I didn't realize that's what you meant by "I'd like to ask the rest of you to refrain from claiming until then." That's on me, I apologize.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@CatholicApologetics
BTW, welcome to DART mafia! Always great to meet new players! 
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@Barney
Anyways I'm a groundskeeper Willie, once per night I may restock the paper towels. In the event of zombies, I may pat the dirt back into place
how would you get the zombies back into the dirt if they got out
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@CatholicApologetics
Oh, that's my bad. I didn't realize that's what you meant by "I'd like to ask the rest of you to refrain from claiming until then." That's on me, I apologize.
Welcome 
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@CatholicApologetics
No worries, everyone makes mistakes as newbies. I now have a townread on you for that one. 
JoeBob
JoeBob
So catholic is probably town based on how fast he said that
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@ILikePie5
Okay, so think back to BotW Mafia, the first full game Moozer moderated. He had created LotR Mafia before, but accidentally bungled the setup and had to abort it. 

Players realized the theme split in LotR was a simple heroes vs villains setup and thought BotW might be the same. In BotW (the video game), there are six main heroes, so the town had anyone who was among them claim to be one. Sure enough, six out of seven town members were one of the six heroes. The idea was that the town could just lynch the other three players and the game would be solved. 

Honestly, the plan was perfect, but the town missed the DP1 lynch because of Reasons, and then things got really stupid. Let's not let the same thing happen here.

Anyway, think about Moozer's modding history. He included a PGO in his setups for both LotR and BotW. Now, CA has claimed PGO, and given how soon he claimed it and how new he is, I doubt he's lying. Now look again at the Moozer quote from the signups thread I posted above. The theme split is apparently another obvious one.

Before this game began, I was thinking about what the characters might be, and I figured it would probably include character archetypes and typical cliques. Based on my own role PM and CA's claim, I think I was more or less correct. My hunch is that the theme split is likely students vs teachers/faculty. 

So, let's popcorn this. Say whether you are a student or an adult character, then pick someone to go next. I'll start with Pie, since he is very experienced and very good at this game, making him dangerous to the town as scum. 
CatholicApologetics
CatholicApologetics
-->
@Casey_Risk
How about you go first. The way you're assuming leadership, paired with the subtle remark you made earlier makes you all the more suspicious. If you could go first it would help clear all suspicion on you. You wouldn't mind stepping up if you were with the Town. In fact, it would help clear you of all doubt. After you go, Pie can follow.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@CatholicApologetics
Hello, I've played a similar game before, so I believe I can keep up.

I don't mean psychoanalyze every little thing, but we don't have a lot to go off of.

Right from the start, I'm immediately suspicious of Casey_Risk. He mentioned, "Wow, seems like the scum team has been given a huge advantage." The way he expressed his surprise implies that he isn't part of the scum team, as he would have already known that the role reveals all players. His behavior suggests that he might be trying to throw us off by acting surprised, which could be a deliberate tactic to appear innocent. ILikePie5 made a similar comment as well. We should keep a close eye on their actions. 

Of course, this is a huge conspiracy that has no concrete support apart from speculation. This is just a remark, not an accusation.
This is the type of thing we are looking for from players. I like the analysis, but I don’t think it’s affiliation indicative

Unvote
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@CatholicApologetics
This actually makes sense. I strongly townread you for a couple of reasons:

1) You claimed super fast
2) I don’t believe Moozer would make a noob scum in their first game
3) “Apart from Mafia.” This modifier makes me think the design was intended to be negative town utility
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Casey_Risk
So, let's popcorn this. Say whether you are a student or an adult character, then pick someone to go next. I'll start with Pie, since he is very experienced and very good at this game, making him dangerous to the town as scum. 
Why don’t you start? Since you suggested it. I’ll go after you
WyIted
Debates: 29
WyIted
-->
@CatholicApologetics
Right from the start, I'm immediately suspicious of Casey-Risk. He mentioned, "Wow, seems like the scum team has been given a huge advantage." The way he expressed his surprise implies that he isn't part of the scum team, as he would have already known that the role reveals all players. His behavior suggests that he might be trying to throw us off by acting surprised, which could be a deliberate tactic to appear innocent. ILikePie5 made a similar comment as well. We should keep a close eye on their actions.
That's a pretty good analysis, whether it is right or wrong.

Also, I did not intend to play and was about to quit the site but will play this game out of a sense of obligation and then quit after the endgame, or maybe before but will say goodbye before the endgame so people do not think I died and disappeared for that reason.

Still catching up so give me a minute.

VTL CASEY
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@ILikePie5
@CatholicApologetics
I thought it was implied in my post, but to be clear: I am a student. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Casey_Risk
I am a student as well
WyIted
Debates: 29
WyIted
when it popcorns to me I am just going to character claim since I think it doesn't matter. Honestly, I think Popcorning might just win the game based on the fact town is likely obvious cliques so any odd type of claim is just an auto lynch