Trump has more chances to win the elections after the shooting

Author: IlDiavolo

Total: 94
IlDiavolo
Debates: 0
IlDiavolo
I heard Ronald Reagan went through the same circusntances, he suffered an assassination attempt, after that he went up in the polls and eventually won the elections by a considerable margin.

Trump was going to win anyway but after the shooting there is no doubt about it. 
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@IlDiavolo
Ronald Reagan dominated both major elections he had.

You might be right, but it's uncertain.  And unlike Reagan, a solid 90% or so of the population has their mind made up on Trump.  Trump would be the favorite even without this event because he only barely lost in 2020 because COVID existed and Trump took unpopular positions on the issue (no mask mandate, which polled at 25% in 2020).  If COVID didn't exist, then Trump would win in 2020 because suburban America was very pro mask mandate in 2020 relative to other comparable areas politically (I live in the suburbs; I know) and this caused Trump to lose a lot of suburban voters.

Now to me, Jan 6 is a deal breaker.  This isn't universal, but the suburbs hate Jan 6.  This is causing the suburbs to be more blue.  But a lot of black voters are turning up for Trump because a decent chunk of blacks are immigrants (as are Hispanics) and Biden deported more people than Trump.  Blacks that have been here for 10 generations or so don't care about that, hood blacks are going to be very blue voting even in 2024.

If Biden kept his immigration promises of reducing the deportation count, then I believe he would be polling better with non FBA blacks and Hispanics.  But he's acting very Trumpian on it, so a lot of them abandon him on this.

Lets say you are a democrat; your ethos is reducing unwanted pain. If you had to pick between 2 people that are acting very right wing on certain issues, then you are either voting Biden as an anti Trump vote or you are going for a 3rd party.  If Trump never did Jan 6, then democrats would be checked out, they wouldn't vote, and Trump wins virtually every state by large margins.

But Trump's assassination attempt I believe won't help him much in the polls.  It might even cause some brain damage (he was bleeding a lot near his head and he's 78).
WyIted
Debates: 29
WyIted
After the assassination of JFK we also had LBJ getting a ton of support from Republicans, but I don't know that Democrats have enough honor in this day and age to show unity like we did with LBJ
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@IlDiavolo
Trump was going to win anyway but after the shooting there is no doubt about it. 
c
Then you doubt the women of moral integrity of this USA who have no use for virtual rapist, attacking the very moral structure of pregnant women in USA and world wide.

It is more the just Republican vs Democrat. It is Republican vs moral integrity of bodily autonomy for all women on Earth.

MAGA cultist is so narrowed minded, they only see violence as their path to freedom, irrespective if the violence comes from.  To the MAGA cultist violence by nutter is symbol of victory of Golden Trumpet and continued false narrative.
WyIted
WyIted
Lets say you are a democrat; your ethos is reducing unwanted pain
This is bullshit and untrue. You keep repeating this but studies show leftists to be more sociopathic. They don't reduce unwanted pain for do they desire it. They are literally a suicidal death cult
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@ebuc
MAGA cultist is so narrowed minded, they only see violence as their path to freedom, irrespective if the violence comes from. To 

This post is the exact type of stochastic terrorism that caused Trump to almost be assassinated. Cur it out
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@WyIted
This post is the exact type of stochastic terrorism that caused Trump to almost be assassinated. Cur it out

I misspoke. Here is correction in bold.

MAGA cultist is so narrowed minded, they only see violence as their path to freedom, irrespective of where violence comes from.  To the MAGA cultist violence by nutter is symbol of victory for Golden Trumpet and a continued false narrative.

Ive posted around here of  studies done on the most violent tendency political groups and it is Republicans and MAGA.  Your above is just continued false narrative because you have no validity of comment to offer. Typical of MAGA Cultist Trumpet followers who have no moral integrity in support of pregnant womans bodily autonomy. 

A win by MAGA is a loss for women world wide.  Will USA peoples stay choose a more narrowed minded focus, or other?

Sidewalker
Debates: 8
Sidewalker
-->
@WyIted

MAGA cultist is so narrowed minded, they only see violence as their path to freedom, irrespective if the violence comes from. To 

First and foremost, MAGA people are hypocrites, project, project, project.

Political violence is the bed Trump made, and now he has to sleep in it.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Sidewalker
What you are doing here is engaging in stochastic terrorism which will be a bannable offense in 7 days, so enjoy it while it lasts
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@ebuc
 Ive posted around here of  studies done on the most violent tendency political groups and it is Republicans and MAGA
Yeah I guess this is why prisons are 80% Democrat
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@WyIted

Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@WyIted

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@WyIted
enough honor
That’s funny. A MAGA MORON talking about honor when he supports a draft dodging, sexual assaulting, racist, twice impeached convicted felon, who told a BIG LIE and tried to steal the 2020 election.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@WyIted
What you are doing here is engaging in stochastic terrorism which will be a bannable offense in 7 days, so enjoy it while it lasts
Trump engaged in stochastic terrorism and you love him. Because you’re a MAGA MORON.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@WyIted
Yeah I guess this is why prisons are 80% Democrat
What a MAGA MORON 

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
who told a BIG LIE and tried to steal the 2020 election.
You know Hitler coined the term big lie to talk about the tactics of his opponents. And now you have adopted the rhetoric of hitler.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Sidewalker
Thank you for collecting evidence of the medias stochastic terrorism with those links
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@WyIted
We get it, MAGA wants violence, but only against Jews and immigrants and blacks and LGBTQ and liberals, and Nancy Pelosi and Mike Pence...but not Donnie Boy. 

Blubbering Snowflake, get over it.

You assholes created this climate, stop whining about it, you goy what you wanted, live with it.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
By the way, turns out the shooter was Don Jr's gay lover, he was upset because Don Sr. didn't approve.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Sidewalker
You assholes created this climate, stop whining about it, you goy what you wanted, live with it.
Go on Twitter. People are calling for Biden to step down or criticizing his choices on the right. On the left people are openly calling for assassinations. This is literally victim blaming. 

We get it, MAGA wants violence, but only against Jews
Already disproved the ADL link

and immigrants
Wrong in fact good border security besides not being violence keeps immigrants safer as well

and blacks
Wrong 

and LGBTQ
Wrong

and liberals,
Like I said calls to step down etc, no open calls for assassination like on the left and if you go on TikTok now people are criticizing the shooter for not aiming better

and Nancy Pelosi and Mike Pence..
Where do you get this ignorant shit?

Tidycraft
Tidycraft
-->
@WyIted
From what I see it is the American left that wants to double destroy elections by forcibly removing Biden and also Trump.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Tidycraft
Ya, the Democrats are trying to remove Biden using violence. 

Do you know what forcibly means? Is it defined differently in Canada? Sooorrry
Tidycraft
Tidycraft
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
YOU GUYS HAVE FOUGHT TERRORISM SO LONG YOU DIDN'T NOTICE YOU BECAME THEM.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@IlDiavolo
You're right that it increases his odds, but it's unclear by how much. Trump is a pretty polarizing guy. If you think he's trying to overthrow democracy (which he is), then why would it matter if some nut job took a shot at him? He was dangerous before that, he's dangerous now. Nothing has changed. There are probably some undecided people who would change their mind over this, but I'd guess there's not many.

Also, it will undermine any boost he gets if it turns out the shooter was a right wing wack job. The evidence so far says it was. Then it might turn against him. Trump spent years radicalizing people and stoking violence. then some right wing loon takes a shot at him? That's a  good reason to vote against trump...
DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
-->
@HistoryBuff
 If you think he's trying to overthrow democracy (which he is)
I hear this all the time about Trump.  Can you describe what he is doing, or will try to do, to overthrow democracy?  I don't think I have heard one actual evident thing to support this, only that it is parroted over and over again.

Not trying to be dick about it, I'm just curious since I have not head any explanation about it.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@DavidAZZ
Can you describe what he is doing, or will try to do, to overthrow democracy?
You can read all about january 6th. Trump lost the election. So he came up with a criminal scheme to appoint fake electors and have them counted instead. He pressured his VP to go along with the scheme (which he had no power to do). His VP refused, so he organized an attack on congress to prevent the real results from being counted. If he had succeeded, he would have illegally seized power and toppled the democratically elected president.

This is all pretty well documented. 

To go into what he will do, read up on project 2025, along with his statements and recent supreme court rulings. He has openly and repeatedly said that he will abuse his power if re-elected to go after any perceived enemies. He argued to the supreme court that, if re-elected, he would have the power to assassinate his political enemies (an actual argument they made in court) and that it would be legal. The supreme court agreed.

There's more, but that's more than enough for anyone unbiased to see he is a tyrant. 
DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
-->
@HistoryBuff
I suppose the Jan 6 thing can be perceived as such.

But the 2025 project is not even his platform and everything I have read about him "destroying democracy" is hear-say and a maybe and such.

I know some things that they claim he said was brought way out of context.

Please give me some links.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@DavidAZZ
I suppose the Jan 6 thing can be perceived as such.
how can you perceive it in any other way? He tried to overturn the results of an election with an illegal plot, and when that plot was failing used a violent attack on the seat of democracy to try to illegally seize power. I don't see how you could see it differently. 

But the 2025 project is not even his platform and everything I have read about him "destroying democracy" is hear-say and a maybe and such.
While technically true that it's not his platform, the people writing it and pushing for it are close trump allies. He has publicly praised the group in the past. His own press secretary is heavily involved in the project 2025. 

Here is a quote from a clip of trump in 2022 where he talks about the group behind 2025. This would heavily imply that he is both aware of and supports project 2025. Here is the clip if you want to see it, just skip to 2:15.

“Our country is going to hell. The critical job of institutions such as Heridges to [sic] lay the groundwork,” Trump stumbled. “And Heridges does such an incredible job at that,” Trump added, stumbling again.
“They’re going to lay the groundwork and detail plans for exactly what our movement will do and what your movement will do, when the American people give us a colossal mandate to save America, and that’s coming,” 

Here is an article describing all the people trump is linked to who were involved in helping to write or promote project 2025 https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/11/politics/trump-allies-project-2025/index.html

So pretending like it has nothing to do with him is pretty disingenuous. He might not agree with every single point of the plan, but if he got re-elected, alot of it would become public policy.
DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
-->
@HistoryBuff
So pretending like it has nothing to do with him is pretty disingenuous. He might not agree with every single point of the plan, but if he got re-elected, alot of it would become public policy.
I would see your point of view if you think that Trump is a dictator.  Kind of like to a hammer everything is a nail.  It seems no matter what he says it is anti-democracy when viewed through the lens of this.

I'm sure that a lot of quotes are taken out of context with this and who doesn't have acquaintances that that they don't agree with everything.  I'm sure the present administration has some wackos that Biden would love to say, "He's not my guy." 

Looks like a lot of what he says is pulled out of context.

As for Jan 6, I believe he was trying to pump up the crowd and told them to go home when it got out of hand, but keep in mind that Pelosi refused National Guard troops and did claim responsibility on this.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@DavidAZZ
I'm sure that a lot of quotes are taken out of context with this and who doesn't have acquaintances that that they don't agree with everything.
we aren't talking about a few acquaintances. We are talking about 140 people who worked for his last administration being involved in project 2025. Six of his former Cabinet secretaries, Four individuals Trump nominated as ambassadors, 20 pages are credited to his first deputy chief of staff. Several of the lawyers trump used in his former cases are involved as well such as his impeachment attorney Jay Sekulow and two of the legal architects of his failed bid to overturn the 2020 presidential election, Cleta Mitchell and John Eastman.

The list of connections between trump and the people who wrote project 2025 are massive. Literally hundreds of people, many of whom worked closely with him. Many of them still do.

Here is a link to an article (and the recording itself) discussing a recent audio recording of the leader of project 2025 where he says that it "makes sense" that donald trump needs to pivot and pretend he doesn't know about project 2025. Basically confirming that trump is pretending he doesn't know about it. Which, to be clear, he has publicly said he has no idea who is behind project 2025, even though it is basically a who's who of his former staffers.

and told them to go home when it got out of hand
lol no. All reporting, as well as text messages, say that people were literally begging trump to make a statement telling them to stop their attack. He refused. He was watching the whole thing live on TV and laughing about it. 

Trump was informed about the attack on the capitol at 1:21 pm. He tweeted a video telling them to stop at 4:17 pm. It took him almost 3 hours to tell them to stop and only after it was clear that the attack had failed all the while he watched and laughed as the crowd yelled that they were going to hang his VP.

but keep in mind that Pelosi refused National Guard troops and did claim responsibility on this.
this is a lie. That never happened. Trump never ordered national guard troops. Pelosi never refused national guard troops. In fact Pelosi, Pence and Mitch McConnell all called the pentagon and begged for military assistance. Pelosi isn't even in charge of Security, so she couldn't have refused National Guard troops even if she wanted to.