Ace Attorney Mafia DP2

Author: Casey_Risk

Read-only
Total: 446
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
My character is Simon Blackquill. I softclaimed this last DP when I said that my character led me to townread Savant.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Earth
@Mharman
Meant to tag you two for the above.
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@whiteflame
How do you feel about Austin?
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@whiteflame
Ok. What about Simon Blackquill makes you think Savant is town? If you have a lore reason that links to Athena Cykes, please say. If it’s PR based, don’t 
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@whiteflame
Oh wait you have a lore reason. God I am so dumb. Lol. I skimmed the post you linked and missed it
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Savant
Behaviorally, I still see him as town based on all the CC issues from last DP.

Mechanically, he’s sus. Scum killed JoeBob, and clearly they Redirected from you to me. For Austin’s Dreamer to have failed, some member of town had to visit him, but no one has claimed to do so so far. That plus the Day Dreamer softclaim before that makes me think he could be lying about his role.

That being said, if this is a scum gambit on his part, it’s a weird one. He’d have every reason to fake a result unless he somehow knows was  visited and had to cover for that.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Mharman
Yeah, it’s lore. I never played or watched these specific games, but my PM says that I was accused of killing Metis Cykes and that I took the blame to protect Athena.
Savant
Savant
I want to believe WF's claim, but when we played together and he fake claimed, he always tried to go for a character related to a character that was also in the game.

Alternatively, since his character took the blame for someone else, maybe his role allowed him to redirect my mag ability from Luna onto himself.
Savant
Savant
To clarify, I mean when we played together as scum.
Savant
Savant
And I think he tried to make his role related to the character he was related to...trying to remember.
Savant
Savant
*to the role of the character his fake claimed character was related to.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Savant
Alternatively, since his character took the blame for someone else, maybe his role allowed him to redirect my mag ability from Luna onto himself
I’ll just straight up say that this isn’t the case. My role has nothing to do with the redirection of yours.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
I am super conflicted. I am trying to decide how a new mod like Casey would theme split for the first time. Wright is technically the main character yes, but he is also friends with bullies, and uses very sketchy tactic to win his legal cases. I can easily see a case from the wiki of him being a scum lawyer or framer. Then again a lot of the characters I town read are close friends with his character doll including my own. So it’s kind of on mod psyche; would Casey, a new mod, make wright the main character scum? Part of me feels no. But he’s also played in games where mods don’t design good vs bad and had pie help mentor him on this. Though I feel pie mentoring him probably applied more to roles than characters
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Savant
I want to believe WF's claim, but when we played together and he fake claimed, he always tried to go for a character related to a character that was also in the game.
As for this, it’s mainly WIFOM, but I think it depends on how you think I’d use my questions. Scum in this game had to ask those questions before DP1 started, so I couldn’t have asked after you claimed, but I could have gotten lucky I guess.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Lunatic
@whiteflame
Wright is technically the main character yes, but he is also friends with bullies, and uses very sketchy tactic to win his legal cases. 
Wright could also just not be in the game. Casey got help from Pie with role guesses, so it's not necessarily a stretch.

I couldn’t have asked after you claimed
Oh right that's true. Makes me trust WF a bit more.
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@Lunatic
but he is also friends with bullies, and uses very sketchy tactic to win his legal cases.
Did we play the same series?
Lunatic
Lunatic
Full Reveal: I am Ema Skye the tracker. I didn't want to give hints about my character because I googled her and it seemed she was obviously an investigator. This is why I was telling mharman I didn't like his plan last day phase because I felt characters like mine had obvious links to their roles based on little information, and it seemed to me there was no town benefit to get claims early on except for to give mafia info. Though I ended up having to hint rather hard that I was an investigator due to austin's ploy last day phase. Which is why I was not surprised when earth said he targeted me, because I was surprised to even get a result this day phase as I was 90% sure I would be roleblocked or night killed. With a redirect happening chances are mafia didn't catch my hint at being an investigator.

Anyways I tracked mharman and saw him visit himself.

I already had him in POE last day phase, his behavior around opting in and out of the game after I had pressured him and laid off, combined with fishing for character information, combined with just not generally doing anything I town read and being in my POE had mharman as one of my top scum reads which is why I  tracked him. 

Now the reason I suspect him is because I can't think of a lot of town roles that benefit from self visiting. I was considering doctor heavily, which is why I wasn't gun ho for him from the beginning. There are multiple doctor type characters in this show, and Wright isn't one of them. This is why I wanted him to character claim. If his character sounded at all doctor like I would have backed off. I guess technically a watcher would visit themselves, but it's a horrible play as watcher if you expect to be visited by scum cuz you are likely roleblocked or getting killed, and also doubted there was a watcher since I was tracker. There just isn't a ton of self visiting roles I can think of on the town side. There are many scum sided ones though, especially roles like lawyer and framer, which I mentioned previously. And those fit Wright perfectly. I asked casey if a justice would be effected by a lawyer or framer and he said yes, since they deal with affiliations the same way a justice would. 

I think mharman probably tried to lawyer himself last night.

Justification for Lawyer:

From the wiki: Wright has also been a defendant himself at least three times in his life, each time either hiring a different lawyer, or representing himself.

Justification for Framer:

From the wiki: After the trial, Wright revealed to Justice that the card evidence had been forged. Justice was horrified at this and punched Wright, but he merely answered that there was no reason for him to care about what people thought of him anymore. Justice intended not to talk to Wright after that, but Wright had other plans for him.

Also from the wiki:  At one point, Wright's morals were challenged when he was forced to choose between defending a guilty client to save Maya Fey or letting her die to see justice through. Eventually, during the trial of Iris, Godot challenged him to argue his case without Mia's help, and Wright prevailed. Wright also ended up rather arrogant, underestimating Klavier Gavin due to the apparent gap in experience, and he paid for this by falling right into Gavin's trap, presenting evidence of questionable and unreliable origin, which — unknowing to him — was forged, resulting in his disbarment.

Despite being the main character, wright seems very grey area. He does some protagonist like things like saving maya (despite his bully friend Larry Butz telling him not to), but ultimately he's not an all good character. 

Mod psyche is the only thing kind of holding me back from all out sussing him. And if I am just dumb and missing some obviously town role that self visits, I am sorry. But I know more mafia roles that self visit than town roles.

So for this reason, I want mharman to explain further. If I ended up revealing a power role here, I am sorry for overlooking it. I tried to see this as being a town sided result, which is why I didn't out it immediately. But I can't get past the narrative in my head that mharman is a lawyer/framer. 
Earth
Earth
-->
@WyIted
Me and I based it off of earth flipping scum because of a wiki article I read that said his character and Wright were the main antagonists
wtf are you talking about? Pheonix isn't an antagonist.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Earth
Did we play the same series?
I never played the series. All my information comes from the wiki. I did mention that I know he is the protagonist, but that's why I am heavily questioning mod psyche here. Sometimes mods will make protagonists scum because if you analyze them and who they are as a whole, they are bad. I did the same thing in ozark mafia, by making the protagonists scum, because even though they are the main characters, they are quite easily bad people. I just don't know if casey as a new mod would do this. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Earth
wtf are you talking about? Pheonix isn't an antagonist.
If you read the article, it paints him in a very bad light. I don't remember seeing the word antagonist used though. 
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Lunatic
I know you don’t want to reveal much, but I have something in mind and I need to know: Sid you investigate Whiteflame?
Savant
Savant
-->
@Lunatic
Why didn't you ask Mharman to role claim before claiming tracker??
Earth
Earth
-->
@Lunatic
Stop reading the wiki. Larry Butz is at most a goofy womanizer, not a bully and Klavier had nothing to do with the forged evidence.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Mharman
I know you don’t want to reveal much, but I have something in mind and I need to know: Sid you investigate Whiteflame?
I already said my results.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Savant
Why didn't you ask Mharman to role claim before claiming tracker??
He wouldn't have, I had to trade him my character just to get him to character claim. No one else is even voting mharman or seems to be suspicious of him. Also I was really only holding out because I thought he was doctor. Truth is there just isn't that many town sided roles that should be visiting themselves, so in my opinion, this is more than enough to pressure him. The longer he takes to answer, the less likely I am gonna be to believe his roleclaim at this point. 
Earth
Earth
The forged evidence Lunatic mentioned was forged/commissioned by Klavier's brother Kristoph. Kristoph tipped off Klavier that Pheonix was presenting fake evidence and that led to the fourth game. Even Klavier felt bad about the whole thing.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Lunatic
He wouldn't have
Should have said you copped him guilty lol, that would get him to claim.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Earth
Stop reading the wiki. Larry Butz is at most a goofy womanizer, not a bully and Klavier had nothing to do with the forged evidence.
Even then, mods tend to put antagonists and town. I have no clue in caseys case what he would do. Either way I can't think of a ton of town self visiting roles, and my reasons for tracking mharman were entirely based on behavior. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Earth
The forged evidence Lunatic mentioned was forged/commissioned by Klavier's brother Kristoph. Kristoph tipped off Klavier that Pheonix was presenting fake evidence and that led to the fourth game. Even Klavier felt bad about the whole thing.
Its still justification for a framer/lawyer. Look, I acknowledge that Wright is the main character. It's really on mod psyche whether or not he is town or scum. Protagonists are scum all the time, and I think the justification holds whether it was done innocently or guiltily. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Savant
Should have said you copped him guilty lol, that would get him to claim.
Was considering something like that but I didn't want to waste half the day phase for him to claim, and trying to convince others to vote him. Eventually you guys would want to know why I was pressuring him so hard. And ultimately its just that there are so few town roles I can think of that self visit.