Explain your Religion

Author: Owen_T

Total: 101
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Mall
If you don't understand it, you think it's just a contradiction.

I see. So when are you going to "speak on what you know" as you say HERE> #70 and explain what it is you mean by "the scripture is not broken." as you say HERE>>#55..

You do quite a lot of mouthing but always lack  substance. You make many statements that always go without supporting evidence. And you  always fail to answer questions raised by your own comments and statements.

What are you not understanding here?

I am not understanding what you mean by saying "the scripture is not broken".

So, for the billionth time, what do you mean by saying;  "the scriptures are not broken".?
Mall
Debates: 379
Mall
-->
@Stephen
Go back to my explanation and quote it for me, all of it. Then pick out a word in there or two that you're struggling with.

I answered your question but you appear obtuse, no offense.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mall

I am not understanding your claim that "the scripture is not broken.".?

Saying the OT is "integral" to the NT  doesn't explain what you mean by  "the scripture is not broken". 

So you are obviously on two short planks side of the matter of your own statement I will assume that you are claiming that the BIBLE from the first page to its last has no leaps in history, nothing expunged, nothing added, nothing extrapolated and is one single unbroken story?  Would that be correct?

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Owen_T
This forum is to post whether or not you're religious, why you think that, and if you are, why you believe your religion is the best and most probable religion. 
Mall
Mall
-->
@Stephen
Scripture says scripture is not broken. That's what it says. Now if you don't think it says that , challenge me to show where it's written.

Otherwise, stand down.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mall

I am not understanding your claim that "the scripture is not broken.".?

Saying the OT is "integral" to the NT  doesn't explain what you mean by  "the scripture is not broken". 

So you are obviously on two short planks side of the matter of your own statement I will assume that you are claiming that the BIBLE from the first page to its last has no leaps in history, nothing expunged, nothing added, nothing extrapolated and is one single unbroken story?  Would that be correct?

Scripture says scripture is not broken. That's what it says.

And do you agree with what scripture says?

Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
God, otherwise unknowable and ineffable, descended to our level and took on human form. He experienced things as we do and lived the blameless life that none of us could, though being tempted daily just like a normal human is tempted. He both served as a perfect moral example for mankind and offered himself to be destroyed in order to appease God's wrath against humans.

People who aren't lacking in self-awareness understand that, over the course of living, to some extent or another, we either think or actively do things that are inexcusable and objectively depraved. Some people, lacking in self-awareness, deny that they've personally done such things, but this is untrue. All human moral codes have assumed that, for the greater good, wrongdoers must be punished. If we are to apply these standards consistently, we too deserve to be punished. And under God's moral code, which is the most perfect and consistent moral code, and which he has the power to enforce absolutely, we deserve to be punished more harshly than our own codes would allow for, since we don't dare assign ourselves a punishment weighty enough to match all our crimes. This is the source of God's wrath.

God dealt himself a punishment weighty enough to match all our crimes, which were the consequences meted out for our crimes, hence we don't have to be punished for such. This may seem irrational, since God could've just not punished anyone including himself. Were this the case, however, then it would create an amoral reality where evil is not punished and good is not rewarded. To uphold a moral reality it was necessary for someone to be punished.

God expects that humans who are recipients of mercy desist from further violations of God's moral code. Perfect compliance with this expectation is impossible. One of the great unsolved questions of Christianity is what degree of non-compliance will be tolerated without said mercy being taken away. There is no consensus on this point, though it's widely recognized that people at least ought to strive to sin less and less over time.

One must also accept the idea of God who assumed humanity, one must worship God as framed by this idea and described in the historical text known as the Bible, and one must ask God so framed for mercy. It's accepted by most that trying to live a less sinful life is futile if you don't recognize God so framed and ask him for mercy, since this is the only way to be a recipient of said undeserved mercy. Without said mercy, you cannot be good enough to merit being spared God's wrath. Hence, other religions are futile even if they promote good works.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Swagnarok
God, otherwise unknowable and ineffable, descended to our level and took on human form. He experienced things as we do and lived the blameless life that none of us could, though being tempted daily just like a normal human is tempted. He both served as a perfect moral example for mankind and offered himself to be destroyed in order to appease God's wrath against humans.

Interesting, but when we consider that we only have approximately  12 - 18 months between Jesus' appearance at the Jordan River and his crucifixion we can hardly say with any confidence that Jesus had lead a "blameless life". We don't know if he had been "tempted daily" and it is clearly debateable if he "offered up his life willingly to be destroyed".

I think you actually started off on the correct note when you wrote : "otherwise unknowable" and  then it was  all down hill from there.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Stephen
As in agree with what is written, yes.

If a book says a particular word do I agree that word is in the book? 

Yes as it's in the book. If I disagree I'd be lying or ignorant about what's in it.

It appears you didn't know about these certain scriptures I'm broaching.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mall
As in agree with what is written, yes.
Ok. 

So are then you are claiming that the BIBLE from the first page to its last has no leaps in history, nothing expunged, nothing added, nothing extrapolated and is one single unbroken story?  YES or NO?

Mall
Mall
-->
@Stephen
I don't know. I can just tell you what is written and what is not.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mall

So are then you are claiming that the BIBLE from the first page to its last has no leaps in history, nothing expunged, nothing added, nothing extrapolated and is one single unbroken story?  YES or NO?

I don't know. I can just tell you what is written and what is not.

Ok. And do you believe that which is written in the bible?
Mall
Mall
-->
@Stephen
I believe whatever is written in the scripture I believe is written in it like whatever is written in an algebra book I believe is written because well, it's written there.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mall
 And do you believe that which is written in the bible?

I believe whatever is written in the scripture I believe is written in it like whatever is written in an algebra book

Finally!  we are getting somewhere.

So why do you believe everything that is written in the bible?
Mall
Mall
-->
@Stephen
Just like what is written in any book. If I see something is written why would I not believe it is not written if it I can see it written there?
Doesn't make sense.
Like you for example. 

You say the name of Jesus is not written in the old testament. You say that because you believe  what is written in the old testament. So you'd believe the name itself is not written.

It's just as plain and basic and necessary as that.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mall
Just like what is written in any book. If I see something is written why would I not believe it is not written if it I can see it written there?
Doesn't make sense.
That's not the argument, you idiot! The argument is weather what you have read is true.
Just because you have read something in  a book - in this case the Bible- it doesn't necessarily follow that what you have read is literally true.

Like you for example. You say the name of Jesus is not written in the old testament.

That will be because it isn't.  And you cannot show me otherwise. 

You say that because you believe  what is written in the old testament. So you'd believe the name itself is not written.

Nope. What I have said is " IF THE BIBLE IS TO BE BELIEVED" then the name YOU should be looking for is Immanuel as per OT prophesy and  NOT Jesus nor Jesus Christ.  And those other aces mentioned, there are plenty of them.

Now, off you go,  and read the complete Old Testamant Chapter of Isaiah carefully because I shall be asking you questions about it.  Its called religious education.

Oh, sorry,  I forgot, you don't know what religious education actually is, do you?
  #98 😂

Mall
Mall
-->
@Stephen
Nope, never heard of religious education until you contrived it up.

Now you do believe what is written in the old testament, otherwise you couldn't make your case which you also believe is correct but actually is not.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mall
 Oh, sorry,  I forgot, you don't know what religious education actually is, do you?
  #98 😂

Nope, never heard of religious education until you contrived it up.

So you believe that it was I that "contrived UP" religious education?  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Clue yourself in a little  START READING HERE YOU ABSOLUTE CLOWN!!  >>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_education

FLRW
FLRW
I have posted this before.

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." Isaac Asimov
Mall
Mall
-->
@Stephen
Acknowledge your error my ignorant one.

Can't resist from responding can you? 

You can't do anything about me correcting you and it's stirring up your spirit like Paul in the scriptures.
Mall
Mall
-->
@FLRW
It stirs up their spirit for sure. I got one stirred up on here so bad he don't know what to do. He so bothered by the scripture, the curiosity just grows along with the agitation.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mall

Mall wrote: Don't debate me on the scripture, just stay out of it.#106

Then stop responding to me, you absolute clown!
Mall
Mall
-->
@Stephen
I can respond as much as my prerogative gives. I'm just having you take my advisement of not speaking on what you appear you don't know as the scripture teach , that's all .

As it goes, take heed and  you do well .
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mall
I can respond as much as my prerogative gives.

YOU CAN YOU CLOWN BUT YOU HAVE SAID :  Mall wrote: Don't debate me on the scripture, just stay out of it.#106

MAKE YOUR FKN MIND UP YOU IDIOT!

Now go away and find a fellow clown or idiot that is happy to put up with your absolute BULLSHIT!
Mall
Mall
-->
@Stephen
Have I offended you?

Is this why you putting out all this irate , vulgar language?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mall
 Mall wrote: Don't debate me on the scripture, just stay out of it.#106

Then stop responding to me, you absolute clown!

As I have said:    Go away and find a fellow clown or idiot that is happy to put up with your absolute bullshite! The Reverend Tradesecret is more on your level to discuss the bible, god and Jesus, because he's slightly dumber than yourself.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Stephen
@Tradesecret
@RaymondSheen
I apologize if I offended you. I'm getting what is characterized as a very hostile interaction from you that wasn't before and I don't believe I have been that way towards you.

Now I will say you're in error but I want to present that in an amicable fashion not to be taken as berating you.

Alright. 

I just said not to debate on what you don't know which is the scripture. Again, amicably saying. We can still interact. Don't take what I said so harsh. Just don't debate those things. You see we just go in circles on it. I would think you would just agree not to debate those things we're non fruitful in.

Alright.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mall
I just said not to debate on what you don't know which is the scripture.

. We can still interact.

"interact" about what?

And let's not forget who it was that said :  I  don't know what religious education is . 
Mall wrote: I don't know what you mean by religious education.

Are you talking about being in all that theological study like going to cemetery schools?

I think it's seminary, right , seminary school.  #98 
😂

Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Mall
I apologize if I offended you. I'm getting what is characterized as a very hostile interaction from you that wasn't before and I don't believe I have been that way towards you.

Now I will say you're in error but I want to present that in an amicable fashion not to be taken as berating you.

Alright. 

I just said not to debate on what you don't know which is the scripture. Again, amicably saying. We can still interact. Don't take what I said so harsh. Just don't debate those things. You see we just go in circles on it. I would think you would just agree not to debate those things we're non fruitful in.

Alright.
Hi Mall,

thanks for your email. I did not realise I had started being hostile to you. I look back over this topic and I can see only one post I made. It didn't seem to be hostile towards anyone. 

Still, if I have upset you or come across hostile, I apologise for causing you any kind of angst.  
Mall
Mall
-->
@Stephen
Interact on whatever not withstanding the scripture unless you just have questions on it.