@FLRW
his feet were so covered by sores that the faithful could not kiss them
Yucky!

Mall
Debates: 377
Mall
-->
@Moozer325
I have this question regarding your religion. Why is it not probable that God, a spirit being creator of all things exists to have created all?
Mall
Mall
-->
@TheUnderdog
According to your religion, are you just all about seeing is believing, seeing for yourself?
Mall
Mall
-->
@IlDiavolo
Atheism is a religion. Without the proof of no God existing, you're only left to believe God does not exist or believe that He does.
Moozer325
Debates: 13
Moozer325
-->
@Mall
Mostly it's the lack of evidence. If God wanted us to believe in him, why wouldn't he just reveal himself to all of us at the same time? And for that matter, why has he not revealed himself to me? You can say it's all part of his "divine plan" or something, but that still doesn't mean I'm going to believe in him.
WyIted
Debates: 27
WyIted
-->
@Moozer325
Would seeing somebody who could destroy you with the blink of an eye or without any thought end you, give you the free will to love that person freely? 

You would almost need to force doubt of your very existence on that person so he has the freewill to.choose you. 
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved (Genesis 32:30).
WyIted
WyIted
My personal favorite 

Leviticus 18:22 "don't be such a faggot"
WyIted
WyIted
That's Christianity and Judaism
Here is a Quran verse

Don't be a faggot. It might us be in the Vedas
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Mall
Not just sight, but some form of sense.  If I can't sense something and have never sensed something before that I can verify, then I assume it doesn't exist.
WyIted
WyIted
"Don't be a fag"

That's a direct quote from L Ron Hubbard..

I sure do wonder why you hate religion
Mall
Mall
-->
@Moozer325
That is true according to the scriptures, if He has not revealed himself to you , you will not have understanding, you will not know the mystery, you will not have faith.

As long as you're always looking for evidence , you receive not God really according to the scriptures.

You say a lack of evidence. Do you believe you will wake up after the next time you sleep?
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@Mall
So he won’t reveal himself If I go looking for him? That makes no sense, but who knows, maybe you’re right. But either way, I still cannot believe something like that without sufficient evidence. Maybe I’ll go to hell, but I’ll keep my dignity and my intelligence.

Mall
Mall
-->
@TheUnderdog
You trust what jurors say without seeing for yourself is that right?
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Owen_T
This forum is to post whether or not you're religious,
It depends on your definition of religion. In my view, there are at least three or four kinds of definition for religion. At times, I use each one and in such times that can make me look like I am either for or against religion. 

There is the typical definition of religion. Something to do with the belief in a supernatural being, god or principle.  This definition is the classic Western view of religion.  At times I hold to this view. It is also the legal definition in Australia. It is appropriate at times to do so.  Hence the idea of separation of church and state.

There is another quite general definition of religion. It is that worldview is identical to religion. This is more of a classic non-Western position. It holds the view that religion is inescapable.  Everything is religion.  Hence the idea that church and state cannot be separated on one level. I think I prefer this definition most of the time. Under this second definition - secularism, and atheism are considered religious - because religion is inescapable. 

There is a third definition of religion. It is the idea that humanity is seeking to appease God or the gods and hence, requires humanity to live good lives, do good works, make sacrifices, etc.  Opposed to this idea of religion is the view that man can't please God. The Reformation view of Christianity holds to this latter oppositional point of view. It would suggest that man can't please God and therefore that religion is evil and bad (taking into consideration of course James 1:27 of course).  Hence the Reformation View of Christianity says - since religion is evil per se, God must take the initiative and save humanity, out of his mercy and grace.  When I use this definition - which I do from time to time, then I say "I am not religious". I even call religion evil and that it should be abolished.  Ironically, under this third definition, I would consider classic Reformation and Protestant Christians as NON-RELIGIOUS. 

There are other definitions too but that is enough. Hence, I would be religious under the first and second definitions but anti-religious under the third definition.   

why you think that, and if you are, why you believe your religion is the best and most probable religion. 
I have explained my reasoning above.  In relation to a religion being the best and most probable, I think this is a flawed question. How do we determine or measure what is best? Is it because I hold to already? Is it because I have considered other religions and therefore dismissed them. And what makes something probable or more probable?  I think Buddhism is foolish, but it is more than probably a religion. It is a religion. The same applies to every religion under the first definition. It applies to every religion under the second definition.  I hold to the view that Christianity is the only religion which will see members - and not even all of them - go to heaven. Does that make it the best? I also think that Reformation Protestant Christianity is the most accurate compared to the Scriptures.  Scriptures defined as the Bible, 66 books.  But in my view, all of the Christian denominations so far as they hold to the Trinity and that Jesus is divine are correct.  Hence, the Catholics, the Orthodox, the Anglicans, the Presbyterians, the Lutherans, the Baptists, the Church of Christ, many of the Charismatic and Pentecostal churches, the Brethren etc are part of the christian religion.  On the other hand, some so-called Christian movements are not part of it, the cults, like JW, the SDAs, the LDS, the Jesus people, many Charismatic groups, many Baptist groups, like the Westboro heretics. 

My view is that NOT all roads lead to God or to heaven.  There is only one name by which we can be saved. But salvation is not the only hallmark of a religion nor is it the only hallmark of what makes it better than another.  

Please be respectful of other's views. Don't try to change anyone's minds in this posts. I just want to see all of the different perspectives out there.
Okay. 

Mall
Mall
-->
@Moozer325
I don't believe I said anything about you not looking. I said if he has not revealed himself to you basically according to scripture you have not received the truth, God, having no faith .

We haven't even talked about what you do. If you're talking about evidence, well the scripture explains what the evidence is to be concerned with.
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@Mall
if he has not revealed himself to you basically according to scripture you have not received the truth, God, having no faith .
Alright then, how do I get this “faith”. 

If you're talking about evidence, well the scripture explains what the evidence is to be concerned with.
Which is?

Oh, one more thing. I’ve always wanted to ask a Christian this question, but how do you reconcile all the contradictions in the Bible? And the Bible supporting horrible things like slavery?
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Moozer325
Oh, one more thing. I’ve always wanted to ask a Christian this question, but how do you reconcile all the contradictions in the Bible

I haven't really seen any worth mentioning. Maybe some contradictions with the gospels,  but you literally are reading the testimony of 4 witnesses, I feel like if they matched too closely it would be more suspicious and seem like collusion.  

Maybe some. Contradictions in the creation narrative which is a type of myth meant to indirectly tell you a spiritual truth.

And the Bible supporting horrible things like slavery?
It doesn't support slavery. Even the slave owners knew it did not condone slavery which is why the version of the Bible they gave slaves was highly redacted.  

Let's say it does though. God created this world. He owns you, it is none of your business what rules he lays out for his property
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@Mall
I haven't really seen any worth mentioning.
“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.” — Exodus 20:8
“One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.” —14:5

“… the earth abideth for ever.” — Ecclesiastes 1:4
“… the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.” — Peter 3:10

“… I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.” — Genesis 32:30
“No man hath seen God at any time…”– John 1:18

I'm not Christian, so maybe I got something wrong, but that seems pretty blatant to me.

Also, it definitely does support slavery:

“However, you may purchase male and female slaves from among the nations around you. 45 You may also purchase the children of temporary residents who live among you, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property..."

“If you buy a Hebrew slave, he may serve for no more than six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom."

"All slaves should show full respect for their masters so they will not bring shame on the name of God and his teaching. If the masters are believers, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. "

Again, I haven't studied the bible, but I don't think you need to have even read it to see that these are pretty clearly in favor of slavery.

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Mall
You trust what jurors say without seeing for yourself is that right?
Yes because they studied the case more than anyone here.  I would say the same thing if they found Trump innocent as I did with Andrew Tate and Kyle Rittenhouse.
Mall
Mall
-->
@TheUnderdog
Right so you believe in things without having evidence to see for yourself.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Moozer325
For you I wouldn't worry about the so called contradictions.

Until you have faith and understanding it's all in vain.

But according to the scriptures, it says faith coming by hearing the word of God.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Mall
Right so you believe in things without having evidence to see for yourself.
Wait... I see what you are hinting at.  You are claiming I have a double standard because I believe in things without evidence if it's a Trump trial but not for god.

The difference here is with the Trump trial, if one believes there is not evidence that Trump is guilty and the reason is not because they are in the MAGA cult but because it's what they actually believe, then they can look online and find the reasons he was found guilty (things like stiffing his workers).  You can't do this with God.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Mall
For you I wouldn't worry about the so called contradictions.

So you preferer that people  pretend that there are no contradictions in the bible when there clearly are. Jesus contradicts himself often and the gospel writers contradict one another... OFTEN!

And you are a fkn walking talking contradiction, Mall.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Stephen
Like I said, people are not to worry about what they think are contradictions.

The problem is people lack understanding of scripture. Even atheists that understand scripture know this.

If you don't understand it, you think it's just a contradiction.

You barely understand me so what do you say? I'm a contradiction .

Yes we see the pattern.
Mall
Mall
-->
@TheUnderdog
At the end of the day, you're still believing and trusting in others without being in the jury yourself, having all the superior access to the so called evidence, etc., seeing things for yourself.

It's similar with just believing and trusting of others testimonies. For example, testimonies of the apostles.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Mall
At the end of the day, you're still believing and trusting in others without being in the jury yourself, having all the superior access to the so called evidence, etc., seeing things for yourself.

It's similar with just believing and trusting of others testimonies. For example, testimonies of the apostles.
The difference here is with the Trump jury, I know they were saying what they actually believed.  Many people can use religion to grift and make money.  If God wanted everyone to worship him, then there would only be one god worldwide.  Instead, there are many different religions.

Now, don't get me wrong, modern day christains actually believe in their religion.  Just like modern day conservatives stand with Israel and hate anti smetism.  You think Ben Shapiro cares that much about anti semetism?  I don't think he does; he fired Cadence Owens because she was Pro Palestine; not because she said, "The problem with Hitler was he had ambitions outside of Germany".

Surely being pro Halocaust is more anti semetic than being pro Palestine?  But the former stance is more of a right wing stance, so Ben Shapiro tolterated it; because Ben Shapiro is a grifter.  His goal is to use politics to make money; not to be consistent with any ideological beliefs.

A lot of right wing influencers are grifters; not all, but a lot.  I suppose chrisima is going to be something that the right is manipulated by the most; and conservative and Christain historical preachers (the ones that founded Christainity, Islam, Hinnduism, Judaism, etc) tended to be the most charismatic.  But as the population has gotten smarter on average, religion is becoming less important in our lives since we are less prone to chrismatic propoganda than 2000 years ago.  1000 years ago, you say that stars are light from heaven, people actually believe you.  But science has made people less gulliable.
Mall
Mall
-->
@TheUnderdog
Nah you don't know. You believe it. I understand, you strongly believe in, trust in those working the verdict.

Just strong convictions and beliefs just like any other religion that consists of such.

I think you mentioned politics. The political parties, alternate religions 

I respect your opinion on God or gods by the way. The way you feel where you are is what it is. 
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Mall
I respect your opinion on God or gods by the way. 
Same to you.
Mall
Mall
-->
@TheUnderdog
I so far haven't given any opinion but I got you.