Blacks far more likely to commit crimes against Whites and Hispanics than the inverse

Author: Kaitlyn

Total: 185
Vegasgiants
Debates: 4
Vegasgiants
Kaitlyn
Debates: 0
Kaitlyn
-->
@Vegasgiants

In the late 1970s and early 1980s, several important reviews of the literature failed to establish a clear consensus on the relationship between economic conditions and violent crime. The research presented here applies the procedures of meta-analysis to 34 aggregate data studies reporting on violent crime, poverty, and income inequality. These studies reported a total of 76 zero-order correlation coefficients for all measures of violent crime with either poverty or income inequality. Of the 76 coefficients, all but 2, or 97 percent, were positive. Of the positive coefficients, nearly 80 percent were of at least moderate strength (>.25). It is concluded that poverty and income inequality are each associated with violent crime. 

Who is this directed at?
hey-yo
Debates: 25
hey-yo
So what do we take away from these statistics? 

One possible solution to your question at the end...Black community is among if not the most impoverished community in America. Historically this community observed the most financial and social barriers compared to any other community. All these things impact crime. 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
The one dimensional tunnel vision thinking among intellectual cowards will NEVER cease to amaze me. 
Vegasgiants
Vegasgiants
-->
@hey-yo
I agree.  Social and financial barriers tend to be the biggest predictors of crime 
Vegasgiants
Vegasgiants
-->
@Kaitlyn
You if you like.  It's just more evidence for my claim.   What clear here is you want this to be about race.....when other factors are bigger determinants of crime

I do have one question though

Let's pretend it is about race.....what is YOUR solution?
Best.Korea
Debates: 347
Best.Korea
-->
@Kaitlyn
I assume you have no response.
hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@TWS1405_2
Sometimes it can be 3d or 4d or 2d.  
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Kaitlyn
I'm not sure if you're ignorant about genetics or you're just being how you really are, but I see you're forcing your conclusions to the detriment of some ethnic groups. And I tell you, that's racist. But let's see how dishonest you are when it comes to argumentation as you used to be in DDO.

You claimed based on a paper that blacks are genetically less intelligent than whites and asians. That is not true, or at least it's a half truth. What the data shows is that blacks have poor results in IQ tests, which is not the same to say they're genetically less intelligent. Intelligence is determined by genes and the environment the person grows up. It's not only genes, so if a child is born in a poor family, there is a lot of chances he ends up being less intelligent than he should be because he is not well nourished nor well educated in his early years. www.unesco.org/en/articles/why-early-childhood-care-and-education-matters. I think I don't need to prove blacks are poorer than whites mainly because of their attitudes and their culture as TWS pointed out.

You also said high levels of testosterone is associated to more violence and agression, and as blacks have more levels of testosterone than whites then they are more violent. This is also a half truth. Actually, researchers are pointing out that culture has something to do with the increase of T levels, it's not a genenital issue. According to the article, "...a growing body of evidence suggests that testosterone is as much the result of violence as its cause. Indeed, both winning a sporting match and beating an opponent at chess can boost testosterone levels. (On the other hand, losing a sporting match, growing old and becoming obese all reduce levels of testosterone.)". The article provides an example of it comparing southerners and northerners young americans blacks, the first have more T levels because of a practice called "culture of honor" that makes southerners to increase their T levels. In other words, high T levels responds to a cultural behaviour rather than a genetic trait.

Blacks and Whites need to be separated. Give Blacks and Whites some good land and let's move past the utter disaster of attempting to create a sustainable multi-racial country.
Kaitlyn de mi corazón, you don't know what you're talking about. As far as I know America already had this racial segregation system and it worsened the american social problems. But at least we all start to know you better and your racist thinking.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@hey-yo
Historically this community observed the most financial and social barriers compared to any other community. All these things impact crime. 
Not true. 

Blacks thrived the first 100 years post slavery. 
Do you know who the very first female self-made millionaire was in this country? Madame CJ Walker. And guess what!?! She was black. 

America saw some very talented, intelligent and creative writers, speakers, entrepreneurs and more from freed blacks over the course of that 100 years. 
Frederick Douglass
Booker T Washington
William Harvey Carney (one of the first awarded the Medal of Honor) 
WEB Du Bois 
Jackie Robinson
Muhammad Ali 
Langston Hughes
MLK Jr 
Blanche K Bruce 
Robert Smalls
John R Lynch

I can go on and on and on. 

Point being, after slavery and obtaining their freedom blacks wanted to thrive and be apart of America. Even in the south they thrives despite that insidious red neck culture they co-opted. Over time that culture became the black culture that progressively made life worse for that 20% of the black community that stays stuck I. A cyclical cycle of self-victimization and intraracial violence. 

Pre civil rights blacks thrived, post civil rights a segment of them gave up thriving (by choice) and became stagnant (due to their negative black culture), living off the democratic policies shoved in their collective faces. That segment of the black community reaped what it sowed. 
Vegasgiants
Vegasgiants
Well except for the ones hung by the Klan

The list of successful blacks just in the last 20 years far exceeds your list
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
Well except for the ones hung by the Klan
Started by Democrats. 

The list of successful blacks just in the last 20 years far exceeds your list
😂😂😂
Vegasgiants
Vegasgiants
I bet you miss the good old days of the klan
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
I bet you miss the good old days of the klan
A-typical intellectual coward libtard retort when you disagree with another with whom you cannot disprove/discredit. In other words: troll. 
Vegasgiants
Vegasgiants
I live it when they get so frustrated they have nothing left but to concede.   Lol
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
I live it when they get so frustrated they have nothing left but to concede.   Lol
Live it? 🤦‍♂️

You clearly suffer from narcissistic induced reading comprehension problems, troll. 

I conceded no such thing. I’ve never voted Democrat. Always Republican OR Independent, whichever candidate presented the better plan/policies/direction. 

Those who cry wolf (racism) the most are the tried and true racists. Liberal racists. 
Vegasgiants
Vegasgiants
Man he's upset now.  Lol.  He can't even debate anymore.

I'm starting to feel sorry for him

Maybe this will help

I accept his concession
hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@TWS1405_2
What is more troublesome; That you try to use a handful of people to demonstrate a large demographic or that every person you listed are known activists who would oppose your statement today? 

William Harvey Carney (one of the first awarded the Medal of Honor) 
Served during time when groups were segregated. Black units were always put on front lines to receive majority of casualties. 
Examines several causes to crime and social injustice, attributing them to black community being rejected by society. 
Jackie Robinson ::: broke color barrier. He is famous for steps to improve black community integration and acceptance into american culture and society.
Muhammad Ali :::"I ain't got no quarrel with those Vietcong," he said. "They never called me nigger."
Langston Hughes:::In the 1930s he turned his poetry more forcefully toward racial justice and political radicalism.
MLK Jr  ::: marched against segregation. Killed for anti racist activism
Robert Smalls : In 1877 Smalls was convicted of having taken a $5,000 bribe while in the state Senate, and he was sentenced to three years in prison, but the case against him was clearly politically motivated. He was pardoned by South Carolina’s governor in 1879.
John R Lynch = argued against anti reconstruction propaganda. 

Im surprised you list mlk jr. He is known for speaking out against the thing you say did not exist. 

Now. 
2. What evidence exists that african americans "thrived" during reconstruction ? 

Pre civil rights blacks thrived.... How? 
Majority was in poverty, were not allowed to vote, prevented from voting, lynched/killed often for just being black, banks practiced "red line" to prevent blacks from moving or opening busoness outside black neighborhoods/ low income areas, the list goes on and on. 
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@hey-yo
You realize MLK would be against affirmative action right? Or is being against affirmative action racist

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@ILikePie5
That is a myth. Remember this line in King’s most famous speech?
“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.”
Conservatives sure do. Some of them cite those words as evidence that King opposed affirmative action.
But that notion is also wrong, King scholars say.
King may not have used the words “affirmative action” – the term was coined by President Kennedy – but he often supported the concept.
In his book “Where Do We Go from Here: Chaos or Community?” King said a “society that has done something special against the Negro for hundreds of years must now do something special for the Negro.”
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@FLRW
But Affirmative Action (AA) hinges on skin color. 

It also assumes the POC are incapable of earning their own way towards their intended goal; so they would always need that “something special for the Negro” (AA) in order to move forward toward that intended goal. 

Content of character and merit go hand in hand. AA ignores both simultaneously and focuses on skin color. 

So yeah, I lean towards MLK not approving of AA. 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@hey-yo
What is more troublesome; That you try to use a handful of people to demonstrate a large demographic or that every person you listed are known activists who would oppose your statement today?
🤦‍♂️ well the point of my comment flew over your head like a 747 on its way to 🇨🇳!

I did say I could go on and on…

And activist or not is irrelevant. The fact that they thrives to become something more than a mere (former) slave, and not some gun toting criminal thug victimizing their own kin is at the heart of the matter.

In the face of adversity it only invigorated blacks to become something more than what society viewed them as. Unlike that 20% of the black community that could care less about personal growth and improvement, drop out of school, join gangs and/or become a criminal to fund their living while bitching about whitey holding them back - when it is they thag hold themselves back. 

This video has gone viral. It’s a black civil rights leader on Dr Phil that left the audience speechless with his wisdom. And the fact that he is older than Joe Biden and can still impart such eloquent clarity with his wisdom speaks volumes. 

Watch, listen and learn. 
Vegasgiants
Vegasgiants
Some people just hate black people 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
Vegasgiants…no one here is debating you. 
Trolls aren’t worth a bedpan of urine, let alone an ounce of anyone’s personal time engaging a juvenile with zero integrity or interest in legit discourse. 

Last comment to you, as I don’t feed trolls. 
You and IWantRoseveltAgain are two trolling peas of the same 🫛 pod. 
Vegasgiants
Vegasgiants
I hear a buzzing sound.   Like a fly.

Easy to ignore

I never got an answer

If black people are the problem tell me the real world solution?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@FLRW
In his book “Where Do We Go from Here: Chaos or Community?” King said a “society that has done something special against the Negro for hundreds of years must now do something special for the Negro.”

Like give them equal rights? Hate to break it to you but objectively my position is far more feasible
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
“character attacks are all about feeling intimidated by another.”

“By creating lies or padding stories to sway others to make you look good, will cause you to lose in the end.”

“think about the people who feel the need to attack. What one usually finds is someone who has little self-esteem, maybe is carrying a lot of anger or jealousy, and has the need to force their opinions on you or others for approval or validation.”

Describes vegasgianta, IWantRoseveltAgain, sidewalkwr, and many more here at dart. 

Best solution is to ignore these people and only engage with those interested in legit discourse/debate. 
hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@ILikePie5
Many people do not like affirmative action. Myself included. I didnt mention it either.

That doesnt mean everything was honky dory for african american community before x date. That doesnt mean the black community is not disenfranchised  or discriminated against by a large scale. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@hey-yo
That doesnt mean the black community is not disenfranchised  or discriminated against by a large scale. 
Any black person can vote as long as they can prove citizenship and are 18. They are not disenfranchised. 
hey-yo
hey-yo
-->
@TWS1405_2
I do not see the connection between  someone's views on todays situation vs how conditions were between the civil war to the civil rights movement. 

Let met just say, I already agreed with that man's sentiment and comments. The real issues today are not systematic racism. That is because of activists like those you mention who did something to change society. They did not do it alone but with many people (regardless of race).

With that said, it is very important in this discussion to aknowledge that the famous successful people in provided list are on the list because of their activism. They spoke up and against racial discrimination which did exist at their time and they themselves had said existed.  This is not irrelevant because it demonstrates a  disconnect from what really happened. 

Past tense, "happened." You mentioned a specific time frame, 100 years after civil war and civil rights movement. Those dates are not today. Capisce?

And yes I get it. You can list more people from different dates and eras that mean something. We are still looking at a populas as a whole. The historical concensus still reflects that the majority (larger than 20% ) was not thriving under several different conditions after the civil war to the civil rights movement. 

Here is an article Im sure you can get behind. 
more than 40 percent of African Americans now consider themselves members of the middle class. Forty-two percent own their own homes, a figure that rises to 75 percent if we look just at black married couples. Black two-parent families earn only 13 percent less than those who are white. Almost a third of the black population lives in suburbia.
Because these are facts the media seldom report, the black underclass continues to define black America in the view of much of the public. Many assume blacks live in ghettos, often in high-rise public housing projects. Crime and the welfare check are seen as their main source of income. The stereotype crosses racial lines. Blacks are even more prone than whites to exaggerate the extent to which African Americans are trapped in inner-city poverty.

We can also see from article how much poverty and discrimination did exist. 

[More than] Fifty years ago most blacks were indeed trapped in poverty, although they did not reside in inner cities. When Gunnar Myrdal published An American Dilemma in 1944, most blacks lived in the South and on the land as laborers and sharecroppers. (Only one in eight owned the land on which he worked.) A trivial 5 percent of black men nationally were engaged in nonmanual, white-collar work of any kind; the vast majority held ill-paid, insecure, manual jobs—jobs that few whites would take. As already noted, six out of ten African-American women were household servants who, driven by economic desperation, often worked 12-hour days for pathetically low wages. Segregation in the South and discrimination in the North did create a sheltered market