If You Have a Random Thought, Post it Here.

Author: Reece101

Total: 1,137
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@Owen_T
I have an idea like everyone else. But nihilism is a self-defeating philosophy. The fact that we are on this earth working towards something, whatever it may be, does mean that our life means something.

We humans work toward our goals because we are naturally driven. Whatever the meaning of life is, it has placed us here, so that we can choose our goals and go after them.

If the emo kid truly believes in his nihilism, he should kill himself. The fact he hasn’t proves that he has some kind of meaning, that even he recognizes on a subconscious level.

But here’s the kicker: Even if he does kill himself, it means that he cared enough to do so… meaning that there is a meaning of life, and he believed it was just suffering.

Of course, the meaning of life isn’t to suffer. But the fact of the matter is that this Catch 22 destroys nihilism as a philosophy. A nihilist is simply a subjective moralist who erroneously believes he isn’t. He couldn’t find his subjective morals, so he concludes there is no such thing.
Best.Korea
Debates: 347
Best.Korea
-->
@Mharman
If the emo kid truly believes in his nihilism, he should kill himself. The fact he hasn’t proves that he has some kind of meaning
That doesnt change that once you die, your meaning dies too. Some people dont find meaning anywhere, not even in suicide. Thats because when everything is meaningless, all actions are equally meaningless, thus it makes no difference what one does. I hope this clears up the confusion.
Mharman
Mharman
None of what you said changes what I've said. Honestly, my post could be copy-pasted and repeated back, and it would serve as a sufficient rebuttal.

I'm also aware of your habit of trolling, so I'm not willing to argue this with you. If some other nihilist wants to come argue with me on this, they can.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Best.Korea
^  
Best.Korea
Debates: 347
Best.Korea
-->
@Mharman
None of that changes that emo kid is smart.
Mharman
Mharman
I love watching quarterbacks redeem themselves
Mharman
Mharman
Too many frivolous lawsuits nowadays
Lemming
Debates: 7
Lemming
I don't much care for the recent MS Paint update that adds layers, 
And apparently some AI image creator that I can't even use without a Microsoft account, but the blasted downgrade is forced on me anyhow.

I can't seem to get the layers to work right,
Somehow all the colors to images keep getting messed up, that I can't use fill, without a ton of pixels not filling.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Owen_T
"Why is it considered a waste of time to watch TV shows but not to read fiction books?"

Reading requires additional education of having learned the written word, rather than only having learned the spoken word.
So reading would have more of an 'appearance/reputation belonging to scholars, even if so many people can read nowadays.

Reading requires more attention usually perhaps,
A scene read from a book often requires visualization, comic books aside,
Thus reading might take additional effort, more weight lifted and exercised by the brain.

Lemming
Lemming
Depending on how one thinks about it,
Are there only evil choices in life?

Always sacrificing 'something, in others or oneself,
Lesser evil perhaps, but always sacrificing 'something.

Though perhaps some sacrifices are so minor, they are not considered sacrifices by some.
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@Lemming
Though perhaps some sacrifices are so minor, they are not considered sacrifices by some.

...' No pain no gain '.....we can learn from our pain { Joni Mitchell }
..." In some ways, my gift for music and writing was born out of tragedy, really, and loss.  "....

...'We learn the most from our mistakes'... Bucky Fuller

..  ' life is a struggle '....author unknown

..context matters, and without context we  only have somewwhat meaningless  point { .  },  with no visible lines of relationship i.e.  V o,r as /\ or,  as Y or, [  ] ...etc

....well, how did we get here?... David Byrne's  "Burning Down the House { Talking Heads }"

.....sleep, what a wonderful thing, tho some may have more or less nightmares than others....

...." The global total of suicide deaths decreased from an estimated 762,000 in 2000 to 717,000 in 2021, which is 9.1 deaths per 100,000 population.[4] In high-income countries, male and female rates of suicidal behaviors differ compared to the rest of the world: while women are reportedly more prone to suicidal thoughts, rates of suicide are higher among men, which has been described as a "silent epidemic".[5][6][7][8][9]
In 2021, the global rate of suicide deaths for men was 12.3 per 100,000, more than double the rate for women, which stood at 5.9 per 100,000 population. However, the sex disparity was uneven across regions, with a male-to-female ratio ranging from as low as 1.4 in the South-East Asia Region to nearly 4.0 in the Region of the Americas.[10] "

.....Earth is the first frontier for humans, and perhaps the last ....

...song, song, song, everybody knows one........Neil Diamond

Owen_T
Debates: 28
Owen_T
If you can milk and almond, you sure as hell can milk a cockroach. 
Owen_T
Debates: 28
Owen_T
Oh wait you can. What even is milk at this point? You can milk anything if you put your mind to it. 

Mharman
Mharman
It’s okay to be bored sometimes.

But also, it’s annoying to be bored sometimes as well.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Owen_T
Oh wait you can. What even is milk at this point? You can milk anything if you put your mind to it. 

If you put your mouth and lips to it is preeminent pathway to milk.

This also cuts out the middle person and saves us a buck or two.

Here are the instructions for those not familiar

Lemming
Lemming
Was there a rush for dimes and quarters in 1964, when they stopped using silver in them?

"The Mint transitioned from striking the coin in silver to base metal in 1965"

"It was minted in 0.2204 oz. (6.25 g) of 90% fine silver until 1964, when rising silver prices forced the change into the present-day cupronickel-clad-copper composition"
Lemming
Lemming
What would dwarves in fantasy, call any of their kind born with gigantism?
TwoMan
TwoMan
Does anybody else "glue" the last remaining piece of a soap bar to the new one ensuring that none of it is wasted? I just did that a few minutes ago.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@TwoMan
Never cared for soap in bars… but that’s a great idea.
Lemming
Lemming
Put this here, as to not sidetrack the thread.
I can't say I agree with the below definition,

"Religion is the institutionalized way to mass control through dogmas, rituals and vane hope.

That's why most people are leaving the churches because they're beginning to realize that religion is a lie and instead they are taking on spirituality which is more of a personal search, people are free to choose what is beneficial for them."

For one, I think religion can be individual. whether born from or in use.

Additionally I do not believe religion always created or used for the purpose of controlling others.

Philosophy, History, Math, Art,
Do not have to be created with the purpose of controlling others,
Do not have to be used with that as purpose.
. . .

I don't think politics fits under that definition either, or religious the one below.

"being religious is more like being political."

Though religion 'can and 'has often had a role in the law, that is because people's laws are often formed by their values, and their beliefs/religions are high values.

If a people believe murder to be wrong according to some Deity/Working of the Afterlife/Or even just in this world,
If they argue such and their argued beliefs become agreed upon,
The beliefs can be seen as a religion perhaps, whether as an individual's view and creed, or a group of people holding and practicing similar tenants.

Such beliefs are often spread and taught to others,
But not always for control, not always forced.
Many times simply offered, or seen in another,
One can 'say control, but if I offer someone else a hand up, is my intention to 'control them into taking my hand?
I don't think of it that way.
ebuc
ebuc
Rocky and Bullwinkle > Aseop Fables > Morality > Violating Pregnant Womans Right to Bodily Autonomy is Virtual Rape > Kiss Off your Immmoral Evangelical Republicans

Lemming
Lemming
"A commonly used example of person-situation interaction is the Stanford prison experiment, where college students participated in a study that simulated a prison setting with some students acting as guards and others as prisoners. The study was terminated when the guards became even more abusive than anticipated.[29] While Philip Zimbardo concluded that the study shows evidence of the effect of the situation transcending personality traits, more recent studies show that these students were drawn to participate in a study of "prison life" because of their personality characteristics.[30]"

I find this interesting, due to the suggestion that one can stereotype people according to the careers or jobs they pursue in life,

As well as giving me an idea, that perhaps certain jobs might do well to attempt to employ people who do not apply for said job.
Though certain types of people may 'want certain jobs,
Such does not mean they are the best type of person 'for said job.
Rather, people who would 'not want said job, might be better suited.

Then again, jobs probably try to weed out the people unsuited to a job through interviews and training.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@TwoMan
Never, I just keep using the last bits of a soap bar until it is gone, even should it get to the size of a dime.
Lemming
Lemming
I'm sure I remember 'something about some voting guide saying 'something about "extend argument".
Lemming
Lemming
I've heard sometimes people say various games would not work with X many players,
RTS MMORPGS for example,
But what does 'Real Time Strategy mean?

That the units move as they would in real time I 'suppose,
But they 'don't really,
Games have various speeds,
Perhaps they mean that movements are continually happening?
But 'again, various speeds in games.

Perhaps they mean you don't have to wait for your opponent to end their turn,
So then if a game only 'moved for ten minutes, once every day, according to player orders,
Would it still be a RTS?
Lemming
Lemming
I wonder if people would enjoy hunting mechanical animals with food inside them.

My eldest brother says such are called pinata.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Lemming
As well as giving me an idea, that perhaps certain jobs might do well to attempt to employ people who do not apply for said job.
I can’t remember where I read it, but it’s been said the best leaders are those who want leadership the least. It’s definitely not always the case, but there’s a real truth behind it. 

Positions of leadership always attract a certain personality type that is more susceptible to corruption. Sometimes they get caught up in the hubris of their ideals and unethically advance them, and sometimes they just  like the feeling of control, and still other times they are purely trying to build their wealth with no dedication to their work otherwise.

I’m not sure if I read it in US History years ago, or in the Bible. There’s the example of George Washington, who voters had to beg to be the president; there’s also numerous men in the Bible who were called out of their rather humble lifestyles for God’s purposes. There’s also the examples of today’s politicians, and those ambitious men in the Bible, who were punished by God for their actions.