Author: Speedrace

Read-only
Total: 485
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
-->
@drafterman
Otherwise we're just jerking ourselves off here.
Isn't that all anyone on this site/DDO does anyway?
warren42
warren42
-->
@drafterman
I didn't agree to it and I still don't agree with it.

I mean it seems like even if you don't agree with it your gripe is that it's useless, not that it's actively harmful
warren42
warren42
Ok looks like to answer my own question popcorning won out (ish)

I'm Cap's Shield
warren42
warren42
-->
@Lunatic
Ok looks like to answer my own question popcorning won out (ish)

I'm Cap's Shield
Which means @luna either mjolnir isn't in the game or it's a scum character and they fake claimed something else. Any thoughts regarding that or no?

warren42
warren42
It's the justification between role and character that matters: I would say my character makes sense with my justification. Would you?
Mostly
warren42
warren42
Unless you're getting their role claim at the same time, then you're still giving them potentially multiple day phases to come up with one and refine it to make it believable.

You're right, there is no harm in this completely useless action because it has no impact on the game other than to waste time.

But you could say there is some amount of risk into thinking an action has worth when it does not.
Yeah I *mostly* agree with this
warren42
warren42
VTL Pie
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@warren42
VTL Pie
why

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@warren42
I didn't think about that, shit.
warren42
warren42
-->
@WaterPhoenix
Usually he'd be harping on the inactives and pushing them and he didn't here. Makes me think he's mafia and knows that the least active people were town or one of them was a partner
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@warren42
so you think it's danielle, croc, you, or me?
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
Vote Count

Elminster - WaterPhoenix (1/6)
Lunatic - Greyparrot (1/6)
Crocodile - Elminster, SupaDudz (2/6)
WaterPhoenix - drafterman, whiteflame, ILikePie5 (3/6)
ILikePie5 - Danielle, warren42 (2/6)
Danielle - Lunatic (1/6)

ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
Done with college for the day, catching up now

Danielle
Danielle
-->
@WaterPhoenix
so you think it's danielle, croc, you, or me?
He said he assumed Pie would be pressuring one of us, not that one of us is necessarily scum. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@drafterman
He would be participating in the popcorning by voting the next person in the list. If he was on board with it, he should have voted me.
You has clearly signaled you werent interested in claiming, yet you still expected him to vote for you? I’m confused lol
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Danielle
P.S. vtl Pie 
<3
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@warren42
Which means @luna either mjolnir isn't in the game or it's a scum character and they fake claimed something else. Any thoughts regarding that or no?

Who claimed mjolnir? I'm not feigning ignorance -- I've never seen a single Marvel (or any other comic / superhero) movie so I have no idea what you're referring to and have to look everything up. However if you found something, then it looks like the popcorning was useful. 

Re: Pie focusing on inactives, fo sho he usually does that but there wasn't really anyone inactive. The day phase started last evening and everyone posted by this morning if I remember correctly. Plus I recall him doing that as (lazy) scum. I'm usually the one being pressured lol. 

At this point, as much as I'd love for everyone to vote Pie for personal satisfaction I'd prefer a claim from Croc or Mikal.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@warren42
I love how speed says "don't tag me in votes"

*pie tags him in a vote*

speed: "don't tag me in votes"

*pie tags* "sorry"
I technically didn’t tag him in a vote when I said sorry 🤷‍♂️
Danielle
Danielle
Preferably Mikal (wish I could edit). Btw signing off for a bit. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@drafterman
I didn't agree to it and I still don't agree with it.
Then why’d you do it lol
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@drafterman
How so? And what "sides"?
You’re saying character claiming isn’t worth it, yet you did it anyways? You’re literally by definition on both sides lol
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@drafterman
Interesting. There are a high proportion of Asgardian items.
Ok. So?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@drafterman
Unless you're getting their role claim at the same time, then you're still giving them potentially multiple day phases to come up with one and refine it to make it believable.
I am not saying it's failproof, and I already said if someone is really good at fake claiming then it's possible to not yeild much. There are a lot of what ifs that could work against it, but there are also what ifs that could make it worthwhile, and those aren't worth dismissing.

You're right, there is no harm in this completely useless action because it has no impact on the game other than to waste time.

Ironically, if this was a waste of time, it's because of you arguing with me that it is. We've got just about all the claims now and the day phase just came up yesterday. Hell we might have even got it earlier if you didn't waste time arguing with me about it, because we have waterphoenix and warren both here saying the only reason they didn't go through with it already is because they thought we weren't doing it now because of YOU arguing against it lol.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@warren42
*re drafter vote early*

dammit pie, at this point I feel it's not worth arguing yet again but drafter hadn't posted. That's not lurking. That's having not posted. Why did you vote him over the other non-posters?
It was random? And I agree I’m not in the mood to argue.
Danielle
Danielle
The popcorn conversation is getting boring. There are pros and cons to it. The pros  are that if scum claims their real character, it locks them in to what they can potentially role claim later since there is probably some link between the two. The cons are that scum might be able to claim their real roles anyway, and they could be tipped off at what roles people have based on their character claims. It really could go either-way and we aren't sure yet, but on a cost-benefit analysis I happen to agree with Luna in this game that it was a fine place to start. 

That said just because drafterman participated in it doesn't make him suspicious. He voiced his concern but had he not answered, he would have been FOS'd for that (in fact he was) so you can't say he's scummy for not participating against his will and then say participating in the popcorn against his will = scummy.

Anyways I just ordered Mexican food so I'ma sign off. Not sure if I'll be back on later tonight but probably. What do ya'll think about getting Mikal's claim? Someone explain the mjolnir thing too please. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@warren42
cat's out of the bag now, but yeah that looks pretty good for pie given that the name aws changed last minute
Meh

Why would you say that? You think (or at least at that point in the game thought) that pie's character was a last second addition? Why couldn't he have been a last second change in role for mafia, and needing to change the character accordingly? I kinda like your thought process even if I disagree with you. Minor town points allocated to you
It's more about what the claim is combined with the last minute theme change. I have theories about what several of these roles are, pies included, and it makes me slightly town read pie. Not to the point of confirmation of course, I take these things with a grain of salt.

1. Speed maybe didn't put it in the game, since Mikal claimed stormbreaker, which basically replaces thors broken Mjolnir in the movies.
2. Mikal is actually Mjolnir and had Stormbreaker as a fake claim? Not much to support this and it's weak as well because both of these weapons could exist in the game if mjolnir isn't scum.
3. Mjolnir is scum and someone fake claimed?

Could be any of these. Despite number 2 being weak, I am slightly concerned about mikal here. He soft claimed a role to me only earlier, and I guess I could see that role meeting stormbreakers justification, but if he was town I think there is an even more perfect role that fits that weapons justification. But if speed prioritzed balance over role and character link making perfect sense the whole theory is kind of irrelevant. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@warren42
Usually he'd be harping on the inactives and pushing them and he didn't here. Makes me think he's mafia and knows that the least active people were town or one of them was a partner
Everyone had already posted lol
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Danielle
 What do ya'll think about getting Mikal's claim? Someone explain the mjolnir thing too please. 
Mikal soft claimed something to me already that only I would understand based on previous conversation we had prior to the game starting. As far as the Mjolnir thing, Mjolnir is the hammer Thor uses throughout most of the movies. In infinity wars (the second to last movie) the hammer breaks and Thor sets off to the dwarf planet and has stormbreaker made which is basically a better version of mjolnir and amplifies thors powers. Thor uses it to injure thanos, but he doesn't go for a killing blow, which enables thanos to commit to his fateful "snap" that ends up killing 50% of the planets population. 

The thing mikal soft claimed to me seems like it might be a stretch of a justification for that weapon. If anyone is actually mjolnir I kind of suspect it to be mike. But all this is kind of a weak argument at the same time, ya know? lol
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Danielle
Who claimed mjolnir? I'm not feigning ignorance -- I've never seen a single Marvel (or any other comic / superhero) movie so I have no idea what you're referring to and have to look everything up. However if you found something, then it looks like the popcorning was useful. 
No one *claimed* Mjolnir which is the hammer of Thor that was destroyed by Hella in Thor:Ragnorak. The Dwarf King forged Stormbreaker for Thor in Avengers:Endgame. I think it’s just fact that Warren thought Mjolnir would be a character in the game and it isnt based on everyone’s claims.

Re: Pie focusing on inactives, fo sho he usually does that but there wasn't really anyone inactive. The day phase started last evening and everyone posted by this morning if I remember correctly.
+1

Plus I recall him doing that as (lazy) scum. I'm usually the one being pressured lol. 

At this point, as much as I'd love for everyone to vote Pie for personal satisfaction I'd prefer a claim from Croc or Mikal. 
I love our relationship <3
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Elminster
Can you confirm the role you soft claimed to me earlier is your actual role?