Author: Speedrace

Read-only
Total: 485
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
The thing mikal soft claimed to me seems like it might be a stretch of a justification for that weapon. If anyone is actually mjolnir I kind of suspect it to be mike. But all this is kind of a weak argument at the same time, ya know? lol
Wait so did Mikal softclaim his role and you’re saying it doesn’t justify with Stormbreaker or he softclaimed something about Stormbreaker that doesn’t justify him being Stormbreaker?
Lunatic
Lunatic
Claimed

SupaDudz - Gjallerhorn - Innocent Child
GreyParrot - Ironman Suit MK 1 - BP
whiteflame - Infinity Gauntlet - ????
Lunatic - Gungnir - ????
Elminster - Stormbreaker - ????
ILikePie5 - Nick Fury's Pager - ????
Crocodile - Ronan's Hammer - ????
drafterman - Red Wing - ????
WaterPhoenix - Kimoyo Beads - ????
Danielle - Falcon's Wings - ????
Warren- Caps Shield- ????

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
Wait so did Mikal softclaim his role and you’re saying it doesn’t justify with Stormbreaker or he softclaimed something about Stormbreaker that doesn’t justify him being Stormbreaker?
He hinted to me what his role was. I can see a world and a justification for where the role he soft claimed to me makes sense for stormbreaker, but there are probably better town roles for it. That's all I am saying. The role Mike is claiming is probably better off hidden if we are to assume he is telling the truth, and there isn't much to assume he isn't telling the truth other than my thinking that their are probably better roles to fit the justification of his claim. So Idk where to go from there.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
He hinted to me what his role was. I can see a world and a justification for where the role he soft claimed to me makes sense for stormbreaker, but there are probably better town roles for it. That's all I am saying. The role Mike is claiming is probably better off hidden if we are to assume he is telling the truth, and there isn't much to assume he isn't telling the truth other than my thinking that their are probably better roles to fit the justification of his claim. So Idk where to go from there.
Ok cool, I was getting kinda confused so glad to clear it up
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
6. SupaDudz - Gjallerhorn - Innocent Child
8. GreyParrot - Ironman Suit MK 1 - BP
9. whiteflame - Infinity Gauntlet - ????
1. Lunatic - Gungnir - ????
4. Elminster - Stormbreaker - ????
5. ILikePie5 - Nick Fury's Pager - ????
3. Crocodile - Ronan's Hammer - ????
11. drafterman - Red Wing - ????
7. WaterPhoenix - Kimoyo Beads - ????
2. Danielle - Falcon's Wings - ????
10. warren42 - Cap's Shield - ????
Whelp, while we've gotten some behavioral analysis so far, no one's done any character analysis (beyond pointing out the lack of Mjolnir, which I'll address), so I'll give my two cents about the character list.

Just to start, all of these could be actual claims, since none of them give any indication of alignment and any number of roles could have been applied to even some of the simpler ones. I know I was surprised by my role with the Infinity Gauntlet. Still, I do think this narrows down the list of suspects somewhat.

I read GP as town. He claimed a character that was almost certain to be in this game, so he would have invited a challenge if he was lying, and his role is a good fit. Needless to say, Supa is town. Wouldn't have expected to see the Gjallerhorn here (guessing Speed is a Destiny fan and liked the crossover), but he has no reason to lie about it unless he was trying to cover up for another character to challenge a claim, which it's apparent he wasn't. The Stormbreaker claim from Elm makes him a slight town read for me as well, since either that and/or Mjolnir was nearly certain to be in this thing. By the by, since Stormbreaker is here, I wouldn't be surprised if Mjolnir is not. One major Thor weapon is enough.

The rest of these range from null to slightly sus. Gungnir, Ronan's Hammer, Falcon's Wings and Cap's Shield fall into the former category. Gungnir because I can't tell how likely it would be to appear in this (it's a borderline choice for a character because it does appear in the movies and is in the hands of an important side character, but doesn't play a big role there), and Ronan's Hammer because it had such a short-lived role and wasn't particularly important. while the latter two would have had me leaning slightly town on both Danielle and warren if they had claimed early. The fact that they claimed this late means that they knew these choices were available to them, so they could easily be fake claims.

The rest are slightly sus to me, largely because they're so niche. Nick Fury's Pager is the one I buy the most of these, just because it's such a strange choice that I don't think Pie would claim it in an effort to give himself cover, but I'm still iffy about it. I'm similarly iffy on the Kimoyo Beads, but I'm slightly more sus of Water because it sounds like something that he and his partner could have come up with as a weird, niche choice. As for Redwing, it's something that appeared in the movies, but it's such a little known inclusion. It screams "safe claim" to me. So, right now, I'd say that Water and Draft seem the most sus to me, with the former showing more behavioral suspicion based on what I've been reading. However, I don't think they're on a team, so I believe at least one of these calls is wrong. Still, my vote stands for now.

Lunatic
Lunatic
Also keep in mind: 11 player setups often mean 3 scum or 2 scum and 1 third party. I am getting sick of third parties, hopefully it's just three scum.
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
He said he assumed Pie would be pressuring one of us, not that one of us is necessarily scum. 
What Danielle said. I think that pie is probably scum for that reason, and either he knows all of us were town and he didn't pressure us because he knows that and doesn't want to look bad, or his partner is in that group (I know it's not me, if you're town you know it's not you etc. but yeah) and he didn't want to push them. Either way it's a little suspicious from Pie.

I'm not ready to guarantee he's scum for that, in fact I hope I'm wrong and that he's town and has just learned pressuring people who literally haven't posted is stupid. But based on his vote on drafter early (before drafter posted) I dunno
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Danielle
The cons are that scum might be able to claim their real roles anyway, and they could be tipped off at what roles people have based on their character claims. 
+1. I weighed this much more in saying myself against popcorn since there is no true theme split that can be read
warren42
warren42
-->
@Danielle
Who claimed mjolnir? I'm not feigning ignorance -- I've never seen a single Marvel (or any other comic / superhero) movie so I have no idea what you're referring to and have to look everything up. However if you found something, then it looks like the popcorning was useful. 

Re: Pie focusing on inactives, fo sho he usually does that but there wasn't really anyone inactive. The day phase started last evening and everyone posted by this morning if I remember correctly. Plus I recall him doing that as (lazy) scum. I'm usually the one being pressured lol. 

At this point, as much as I'd love for everyone to vote Pie for personal satisfaction I'd prefer a claim from Croc or Mikal.
Nobody claimed mjolnir.

Thor is a main character (one of the 3 biggest) and mjolnir is his weapon through most of the movies. It probably isn't a huge deal because like Lunatic said one of his other weapons is included.

I mostly just mentioned it because lunatic said something to the effect of "mjolnir would probably be in the game"
warren42
warren42
-->
@ILikePie5
*re drafter vote early*

dammit pie, at this point I feel it's not worth arguing yet again but drafter hadn't posted. That's not lurking. That's having not posted. Why did you vote him over the other non-posters?
It was random? And I agree I’m not in the mood to argue.
No it wasn't you literally told him to stop lurking
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@ILikePie5
You has clearly signaled you werent interested in claiming, yet you still expected him to vote for you? I’m confused lol
Yes, exactly. If you're doing popcorn and someone refuses to claim, you pressure them until they do or you lynch them. Otherwise what's even the point.

So if Water agreed to the popcorn why did he actively participate in it by voting against the person refusing to claim in accordance with the popcorn?
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@ILikePie5
You’re saying character claiming isn’t worth it, yet you did it anyways? You’re literally by definition on both sides lol
It's because it's worthless that I did character claim. If I felt there was some value or significance to the characters, I wouldn't have.
whiteflame
whiteflame
Characters that I'm surprised we did not see in the list (though I can't tell if that's a choice by the mod or just actively hidden by mafia/tp):

Anything Spiderman related (expected to see webshooters)
Dr. Strange's Cloak of Levitation
The Ant Man suit

And, of course, the Thanos Copter.

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Lunatic
I am not saying it's failproof, and I already said if someone is really good at fake claiming then it's possible to not yeild much. There are a lot of what ifs that could work against it, but there are also what ifs that could make it worthwhile, and those aren't worth dismissing.
My point is you don't have to be good at fake claiming because you're not forcing anyone to actually fake claim. You're giving them plenty of time to come up with a claim, have it vetted by their scum peers, and refine it so it's good by the time you actually make people claim.

drafterman
drafterman
Anyway I'm still on Water for death.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@drafterman
Anyway I'm still on Water for death.
+1 for now
warren42
warren42
Also keep in mind: 11 player setups often mean 3 scum or 2 scum and 1 third party. I am getting sick of third parties, hopefully it's just three scum.
I trust speed enough to disregard 3 scum. That's 8v3 so D2 we're at MYLO. It's either 8v2v1 (3P) or it's 9v2
warren42
warren42
If I'm wrong about that I'll be pissed
warren42
warren42
Characters that I'm surprised we did not see in the list (though I can't tell if that's a choice by the mod or just actively hidden by mafia/tp):

Anything Spiderman related (expected to see webshooters)
Dr. Strange's Cloak of Levitation
The Ant Man suit

And, of course, the Thanos Copter.
I am of the opinion that Dr. Strange sucks, so I, for one, am happy to see it not in the game
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@warren42
No it wasn't you literally told him to stop lurking
Yeah I did...how else would I be getting his attention if he wasn’t lurking?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@warren42
I trust speed enough to disregard 3 scum. That's 8v3 so D2 we're at MYLO. It's either 8v2v1 (3P) or it's 9v2
Wouldn’t the square root rule yield an 8-3 scenario?
Elminster
Debates: 0
Elminster
-->
@warren42
litreally did not know this lmao
Elminster
Elminster
-->
@Danielle
nope

If you have to ask me to do that after this dp you have not put much effort into reading it 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@drafterman
I am not saying it's failproof, and I already said if someone is really good at fake claiming then it's possible to not yeild much. There are a lot of what ifs that could work against it, but there are also what ifs that could make it worthwhile, and those aren't worth dismissing.
My point is you don't have to be good at fake claiming because you're not forcing anyone to actually fake claim. You're giving them plenty of time to come up with a claim, have it vetted by their scum peers, and refine it so it's good by the time you actually make people claim.

This objection, again could have been mitigated by doing it more quickly IE not having you object to it to be contrarian lol. Now water and warren have that as an excuse "I didn't know if we were going through with it" Though you could still technically use it against them. Regardless there are plenty of variables you can't account for. The obvious being what if scum is warrren or danielle, anyone who claimed before they posted we know didn't confer with them for example. You have no objective way to prove that this won't pan out to help us. Even if you want to use it against me in the endgame in the chance it doesn't pan out (and I suspect you will if that is the case based on prior engagements) you still wouldn't have much weight to the point, since I already admitted that this could be potentially pointless. The difference is you are trying to say it is 100% pointless, and don't have a quantifiable way to prove that. 
Elminster
Elminster
ignoring all the Luna and drafter back and forth just going to end in them debating mafia theory 

Elminster
Elminster
-->
@Lunatic
yes
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@whiteflame
Thanos Copter
How could I forget :o
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Elminster
ignoring all the Luna and drafter back and forth just going to end in them debating mafia theory 
Reminds me of KhaosMage and RocketEngineer back and forths lmao
Elminster
Elminster
-->
@whiteflame
That entire analysis is null 

why would you take so much effort into looking at who is what claims when the mod already said there is no theme split. There is no reason for scum to lie. So why right 3 paragraphs of total fluf
Elminster
Elminster
I was pvping and working on bdo stuff but this entire dp is basically useless. A bunch of shit about theme related crap when there is no reason to even be looking at it

I still want to vtl croc for the same reasons drafter wants wp

He said he was cool with the mass claim and then took an entire day to claim it. (makes me think he was waiting for someone to say its okay)