Does the bible cause homophobia?

Author: RoderickSpode

Total: 119
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Stephen
If you wanna debate I already bodied everyone on my forum and in my debates. But you are objectively wrong
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Theweakeredge
Debate what?
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Stephen
Gender, Trans people, etc, etc
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Theweakeredge
You can be non-binary and pansexual.
You can be, but I'm asking what if your non binary and you only are attracted to non binary people?
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@RoderickSpode
Your parents teach you to be kind. Kindness is an act of morality. So, based on this alone one can say they are moral. Then one day they change their tune, go the complete

opposite direction (basically change their mind), and tell you to hate everyone.

People who teach others to hate are not moral people.  How does that have 'nothing to do with the question," it's the very CORE of your question. THe second a parent decides to actively teach their child to hate someone or some group, they are ceding moral high ground, they are committing an immoral act. What would I do ABOUT WHAT? 

Your lack of an answer to my question is telling: are you moral or immoral, righteous or a sinner, if you heard God's voice tell you to immediately start harassing the next gay person you saw on the streets, and you decided to refuse to do so? Why is this such a hard question? 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Theweakeredge
What people do behind closed doors in their own homes is nothing to do with me.

I am concerned with these vile scriptures that call humans an abomination and should be put to death for being homosexual. And I believe that I have already mentioned as such above.

I am still waiting for Spode to respond to my questions about his own religious opinion on the matter. This is what I wrote at post #2

-->@RoderickSpode: Does the bible cause homophobia?

It may well do and it is not impossible.     But a phobic person is one that suffers from an irrational fear or dread. So to "fear" homosexuals, does to me  seem very irrational.  To be against or anti  homosexuality is another thing altogether. 

So seeing that I  have been quoted above, and  instead of trying to play down what are clear anti homosexual biblical verses,  why don't  you  simply tell us your personal stance on the matter of homosexuality and if or not you believe it is a "abomination" worthy of "death",

Leviticus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an ABOMINATION: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Leviticus 20:13

"'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@TheUnderdog
I'm not sure if there's a specific sexuality term for that, there may be, but I'm unaware of one. It would probably mean pansexual, since they don't have one.
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Theweakeredge

Theweakeredge,

YOUR REVEALING BIBLICAL QUOTE: "So....... you agree with me? At least that the bible is homophobic? I'm gay, question, if you had the means and were commanded to by god, would you murder me?"

Yes, I agree with you that the Bible HAS TO MAKE ONE homophobic because of the anti-gay passages that Jesus wrote!  Unfortunately, Jesus, as the serial killer Yahweh God incarnate, says that I as a TRUE Christian have to physically murder you, where your blood shall be upon you. ""If a man also lie with mankind, As he lieth with a woman, Both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death,; their blood shall be upon them.” (Leviticus 20:13)"

Unfortunately, I could not be as brutal as Jesus the Christ in Him saying that you as a gay, should be murdered.  Why?  Because I have the "Forgiveness Doctrine" of always being forgiven if I do not follow Jesus' commands as shown in this passage, to wit:   "For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” (Romans 10:13)" Get it? All I have to do is call upon the Lord Jesus and Jesus will forgive me in NOT MURDERING ANY GAY, EVEN THOUGH JESUS SAID TO DO SO, PRAISE!

See how Christianity works? :)

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@BrotherDThomas
A semantic, pedantic mess? Yeah. Also, just like god/jesus would forgive you for not murdering me because I'm gay, would he even have to forgive you for murdering me? 
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@RoderickSpode

RoderickSpode,

YOU RUNNING AWAY AGAIN FROM BIBLICAL DISTURBING TRUTH: "The topic of the thread is whether or not the bible makes it's reader homophobic, not if the O.T. law should be carried out today.  Do you think that carrying out that law during the O.T. time period necessitated being homophobic?"

What part of my statement herewith didn't you understand in my post #5?  "The TRUTH is that not only is the TRUE Christian to be homophobic to gay men and "slurpy" women, they are to directly follow the biblical axiom in the following passage: "If a man also lie with mankind, As he lieth with a woman, Both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death,; their blood shall be upon them.” (Leviticus 20:13)

Reading the Bible relative to homosexuals is self-explanatory, when Jesus states with specificity that you are to MURDER gays and slurpies, one beforehand to this act becomes a homophobe!

HOMOPHOBE: a person who hates or is afraid of homosexuals or treats them badly.  With the definition of homophobe, treating the homosexual in murdering them as Jesus stated, is beyond treating them badly, therefore the Bible does make Christians homophobic to say the least! HELLO? 2+2=4.

1. The law of the Old Testament SHOULD BE CARRIED OUT TODAY in Leviticus 20:13, and where do you get the authority to say otherwise???!

2. When Jesus stated that homosexuals should be murdered in the Old Testament Time Period, and understanding the definition of a homophobe, then there is no other conclusion than to be a homophobe in carrying out the OT command in Leviticus 20:13!

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@ludofl3x
What's so difficult about the question "what would you do?"

I think one of the problems in these trap-quizes about God/Christianity is that you assume God doesn't exist. That makes a huge difference. 

If you can assume God exists for the sake argument, it might help in our conversation. 

If you can't do that, your comments and questions will wreak of the assumption that we're guided by delusion. What you're (inadvertantly?) asking is what if our delusion changes. Not what if God changes.

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@BrotherDThomas
What about the guy instructed to execute someone caught in the 'act' who's words were quoted in the Talmud Times "I didn't want to do it"?
Intelligence_06
Debates: 172
Intelligence_06
-->
@BrotherDThomas
I am too lazy to scroll through this much of text... Do you embrace homophobia because the bible does so or do you utmostly deny it?
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@RoderickSpode
Rod, come on now. I can't answer your question because I don't know what it refers to (You can see me ask "about what?", right?). DO you mean what would i do if god told me to harass gay people? I wouldn't do so. 

If you can assume God exists for the sake argument, it might help in our conversation.
I am ALREADY granting that god exists, that's who you hear in your head right before you wake up and decide if you have to harass gay people by divine order. Are you ever going to answer this question? My guess is no. 

What you're (inadvertantly?) asking is what if our delusion changes.
LOL, no, Rod, I am not, in any way, asking that question, inadvertently or accidentally or intentionally. What I am asking is very, very simple: if you woke up convinced that god told you to get up and go start harassing gay people in the name of Jesus or whatever, would you do it? 
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@RoderickSpode

RoderickSpode,

YOUR GRASPING FOR STRAWS QUOTE: "What about the guy instructed to execute someone caught in the 'act' who's words were quoted in the Talmud Times "I didn't want to do it"?"

How long do you want to play "Questions and Answers" when all you have to do is follow the following passages to the letter?  "If a man also lie with mankind, As he lieth with a woman, Both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death,; their blood shall be upon them.” (Leviticus 20:13).  Notwithstanding:  "For this cause God gave them up into vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, Leaving the natural use of the woman, Burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, And receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet. . .who knowing the judgment of God, that they commit such things are worthy of death , Not only do the same, But have pleasure in them that do them" (Romans 1:26-27).

RoderickSpode, how do you feel about Jesus when He promotes the murdering of homosexuals? Does He still become ever loving and forgiving? 

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Intelligence_06

Intelligence_06,

YOUR QUOTE OF BEING TOO LAZY TO DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK: "I am too lazy to scroll through this much of text... Do you embrace homophobia because the bible does so or do you utmostly deny it?

First thing, I am NOT your secretary, whereas I am too busy in this forum and others dealing with Bible inept pseudo-christians, understood?

YES, I embrace homophobia because the JUDEO-Christian Bible promotes it, and who is any Christian to deny this fact!  Therefore, when Jesus states in how homosexuals are to be treated in Leviticus 20:13, then who am I to say He is wrong? GET IT?  That would be like calling Jesus a LIAR like Tradesecret has done ad infinitum, and where he/she has committed the Unpardonable Sin  as the consequences!

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherDThomas
 YES, I embrace homophobia because the JUDEO-Christian Bible promotes it, and who is any Christian to deny this fact!  Therefore, when Jesus states in how homosexuals are to be treated in Leviticus 20:13, then who am I to say He is wrong? GET IT?  That would be like calling Jesus a LIAR like Tradesecret has done ad infinitum, and where he/she has committed the Unpardonable Sin  as the consequences!

God never makes mistakes and is never wrong according to scripture  Brother , So I can see your dilemma.  I know you see me as the spawn of Satan himself , Brother,  but  I can  offer you this and hope it gives you some comfort that you are doing right by the Lord........  though it has never once brought me any comfort, ever.

Proverbs 3:5-6

English Standard Version

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
    and do not lean on your own understanding.
6 In all your ways acknowledge him,
    and he will make straight your paths.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Theweakeredge

Theweakeredge,

YOUR QUOTE: "..... would he even have to forgive you for murdering me? "

YES!   “To him all the prophets bear witness that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.” (Acts 10:43)

BUT, there is a catch to Jesus' Forgiveness Doctrine, which is one of many, and that is the biblical axiom that I as a TRUE Christian, and the many Bible inept pseudo-christians within this forum, can only sin 490 times.

JESUS SAID: “Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven. (Matthew 18: 21-22) For the mathematically challenged pseudo-christians, 7 x 70 = 490, so this is the actual number of times that a pseudo-christian can SIN.  Does any pseudo-christian want to argue with Jesus on the amount of times we can sin? Huh?  

Theweakeredge, yes, I know, when Jesus says one can only sin 490 times CONTRADICTS what He has said in the whole in Acts 10:43, but what's new? This is where the pseudo-christian chimes in with their Satanic apologetics that turns them into pretzels, whereas, Jesus and I Bible Slap them Silly®️ in return, praise!

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@BrotherDThomas
So you've agreed to my point then? According to your doctrine you would be perfectly justified in murdering me, as long as it fits within the 490 sin range given to you by your calculations and Jesus's word? 
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

OMG!  Subsequent to reading  your comforting post #47, it brought me to my knees trembling in response as if Jesus was sitting across from me, praise my ever loving and forgiving serial killer Jesus in trusting in Him to make my path straight, even if I have to follow His DIRECT words in Leviticus 20:13!

Thank you, praise Jesus!

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Theweakeredge

Theweakeredge,

YOUR QUOTE #49 THAT YOU SHOULD HAVE UNDERSTOOD BY NOW:  "So you've agreed to my point then? According to your doctrine you would be perfectly justified in murdering me, as long as it fits within the 490 sin range given to you by your calculations and Jesus's word? 

YES, I have to agree to your point because the Bible says that I have too, and YES I would be perfectly justified in having to follow Leviticus 20:13, and YES, as long as it fits within the 490 sin scenario, and YES it is Jesus' word that I cannot deny!  THERE, are we done upon this topic?

Remember this passage if the Bible inept pseudo-christian question you relative to the topic at hand, or another topic that is relative: “But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men.” (Acts 5:29) Get it?  Therefore, if Jesus says to follow Leviticus 20:13,  the Christian is to obey Him, no matter what the laws are within your society at the time. :( 

Yes, I know, the Bible represents the primitive Bronze and Iron Age way of thinking, but do you see how difficult it is for me being a TRUE Christian, where I have to follow ALL, and I repeat, ALL of the JUDEO-Christian Bible in the new 21st Century Scientific Age way of thinking? It's a BITCH! 

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Yup, just trying to use your letter of and quite fascinating trends of satirical positioning to demonstrate a point. Sorry for forcing you to adopt such a grutidious position, thank you for your participation!
RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@ludofl3x
Rod, come on now. I can't answer your question because I don't know what it refers to (You can see me ask "about what?", right?). DO you mean what would i do if god told me to harass gay people? I wouldn't do so. 
No.

What if your parents, as you were growing up, after teaching you to be kind and respect people, one day changed their mind and told you to harass gays?

I am ALREADY granting that god exists, that's who you hear in your head right before you wake up and decide if you have to harass gay people by divine order.

No. I don't hear voices in the head. That would be a delusion.

Are you ever going to answer this question? My guess is no. 

It will probably be answered the same way you answer mine. That is if you were to answer it.

LOL, no, Rod, I am not, in any way, asking that question, inadvertently or accidentally or intentionally. What I am asking is very, very simple: if you woke up convinced that god told you to get up and go start harassing gay people in the name of Jesus or whatever, would you do it? 
Of course your asking that question.

If I woke up convinced that God told me to get up and start harassing gay people that would be a delusion.

If God woke me up to tell me anything it wouldn't matter whether I was convinced or not. It would be fact, reality, perceived as such or not.

And....

in the name of Jesus or whatever, would you do it?

You don't hide things very well.

If you were able to grant God's existence, you should be able to understand the correlation between your question and mine concerning your

parents.
RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@BrotherDThomas

Yes, I know, the Bible represents the primitive Bronze and Iron Age way of thinking, but do you see how difficult it is for me being a TRUE Christian, where I have to follow ALL, and I repeat, ALL of the JUDEO-Christian Bible in the new 21st Century Scientific Age way of thinking? It's a BITCH! 
The inner turmoil must be devastating.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@RoderickSpode
What if your parents, as you were growing up, after teaching you to be kind and respect people, one day changed their mind and told you to harass gays?
I would not harass gays if my  parents told me to do it. Your turn, 

Interesting, so  do you think other Christians who claim to hear god's voice when they pray are deluded? What about all the people in the bible tow whom god spoke directly, were they deluded as well?

If God woke me up to tell me anything it wouldn't matter whether I was convinced or not. It would be fact, reality, perceived as such or not.
I just want to be clear I'm understandinng the distinction you're making. If you hear god's voice in your dreams or in your head, you're deluded, but if you are awake and you hear it, you are dealing with reality. Do I have that right? SO now you can pick which version of this impossibly difficult question you cananswer, since I unequivocally answered yours:

1: If you woke up convinced you heard god's voice tell you to go out and start harassing gays, would you  deny his command?

OR

2: IF you were awake and totally lucid and walking down the street in your San Francisco area, and suddenly heard a voice that you were sure was god, or somehow got whatever you would consider communication directly from the almighty himself, to start harassing the many gay people in your city, would you do so? 

BOnus one, even easier: is it a sin to deny the commands of god?
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@RoderickSpode

RoderickSpode,

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE THAT YOU HAVE YET TO ADDRESS AS WELL: "The inner turmoil must be devastating."

Conversely, it must be even more devastating for YOU to see the truth, as you continue to remain SILENT upon it, as if we didn't notice! LOL

Oh, once again you have run away from a simple question to you, as if the membership hasn't seen this before from you. The question is listed below, AGAIN!

RoderickSpode, how do you feel about Jesus when He promotes the murdering of homosexuals? Does He still become ever loving and forgiving? 

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@ludofl3x
What if your parents, as you were growing up, after teaching you to be kind and respect people, one day changed their mind and told you to harass gays?
I would not harass gays if my  parents told me to do it. Your turn, 
Deep down I knew it wouldn't work just saying as you were growing up.   

If you were 4 years old, do you really think you could make that judgment?

But to answer your question, no, I wouldn't do it. And the reason I wouldn't is because I knew it wouldn't be God doing the demanding. The people that do these types of things often enough do hear voices in their head. It's a mental illness.

Now if I became mentally ill/insane myself, then I can't make any claim to what I wouldn't do. Just like I don't think you can make any moral judgment claim at the age of 4.

Interesting, so  do you think other Christians who claim to hear god's voice when they pray are deluded? What about all the people in the bible tow whom god spoke directly, were they deluded as well?
I don't know any Christians who hear voices in their head. Period. That's a mental illness. When a Christian uses terminology like hearing the voice of God, they're not talking about hearing voices in the head.

I just want to be clear I'm understandinng the distinction you're making. If you hear god's voice in your dreams or in your head, you're deluded, but if you are awake and you hear it, you are dealing with reality. Do I have that right? SO now you can pick which version of this impossibly difficult question you cananswer, since I unequivocally answered yours:
No, you don't have it right.

I can't tell, but do you need to get this right first? The reason it's difficult to answer your questions is simply because I'm not really sure what you're saying (or asking) much of the time.

1: If you woke up convinced you heard god's voice tell you to go out and start harassing gays, would you  deny his command?
Yes I would.

One of the many verses you conveniently ignore (and expect us to ignore).

Galatians 1:8

New International Version

8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse!

OR

2: IF you were awake and totally lucid and walking down the street in your San Francisco area, and suddenly heard a voice that you were sure was god, or somehow got whatever you would consider communication directly from the almighty himself, to start harassing the many gay people in your city, would you do so? 

No difference.

BOnus one, even easier: is it a sin to deny the commands of god?
Yes!
RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@BrotherDThomas

According to to the bible, yes!

Galatians 2:20

20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of

God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

1 John 1:9

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

You don't think the Bible's lying do you?

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
I don't know any Christians who hear voices in their head. Period. That's a mental illness. When a Christian uses terminology like hearing the voice of God, they're not talking about hearing voices in the head.
Ok, so what ARE they talking about? 

I find it interesting you say you'd definitely defy god's command even though it's a sin to do so. It's as if you don't need god at all to make moral decisions! 

Still not clear what a four year old has to do with anything. Are you saying that god is the parent and it's not the child (CHristian's) place to question why he wants to harass or murder homosexuals?  I mean at 4 years old, you have the evolutionary naivete to need to believe your parent, but a) you can and many people do grow up to hold different beliefs from their parents and (b) there's no eternal penalty for doing so.  Not exactly apples to apples. 
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Tradesecret
@RoderickSpode

RoderickSpode, who has obviously gone to Tradesecrets "School of Running Away from Disturbing Biblical Axioms."

MY QUESTION TO YOU: "RoderickSpode, how do you feel about Jesus when He promotes the murdering of homosexuals? Does He still become ever loving and forgiving"? 

YOUR COMICAL RESPONSE IN YOUR POST #58 REGARDING JESUS BEING EVER LOVING AND FORGIVING IN HAVING HOMOSEXUALS KILLED: Galatians 2:20, New International Version; "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

First thing, Jesus DID NOT die as a sacrifice for the saving of your Satanic soul, therefore, tell the membership in how this passage above is to show Jesus as still ever loving and forgiving when He says that homosexuals should be killed.  For a real comic fest, have the equally Bible dumbfounded Tradesecret help you out! LOL

YOUR COMICAL RESPONSE #2  IN YOUR POST #58 REGARDING JESUS BEING EVER LOVING AND FORGIVING IN HAVING HOMOSEXUALS KILLED: 1 John 1:9, New International Version "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."

JESUS: Serial killer Yahweh God incarnate, murdering innocent zygotes, fetus' and babies in His Great Flood, and aborting innocent fetus' in the Book of Hosea 

LOVING: "feeling or showing love or great care"

FORGIVING:  "willing or able to forgive, allowing room for error or weakness"

RoderickSpode, tell the membership in how Jesus is showing love and great care in having homosexuals killed, where literally their blood shall be upon them, AND, tell us where Jesus forgave them for their error and/or weakness, where Jesus forgave others and let them live, but still told His followers that homosexuals are to be killed anyway!

I see that Tradesecret is back subsequent to me easily again Bible Slapping him Silly®️ where he has yet to respond to many of my posts that show that he/she continues to be the number 1 Bible fool of this forum.  

The membership will await a COGENT reply this time to the questions posed to you in this post. Thanking you in advance.

In the name of the hung Savior,
Brother D. Thomas