"Religious Freedom" = Discrimination = Hate

Author: 3RU7AL

Total: 737
ludofl3x
Debates: 0
ludofl3x
-->
@3RU7AL
I think I can answer: they're just soooooooooooooo gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Jesus hates that shit!
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@3RU7AL
Not everyone is (willfully) ignorant of the fact that sexual immorality is actually a thing and in every way destructive to a society.

Really, if it is all simply about what feels good and what satisfies one's lusts and passions, what does it matter? We know this to be idolatry, but to those who are in this type of world it is all really just an arbitrary thing. And to take it into a slightly less crass subject, this very same type of mentality makes it an arbitrary thing to be addicted to drugs, videogames, movies, etc. After all. If you can afford all this stuff, and not bother the person next to you, why not?

The thing is, from our perspective, all of this cheapens what it is to truly be human. When we allow ourselves to be influenced by these forces, we reduce ourselves to be like animals. We as human beings are made in the image of God, and these passions are like the muck that obscures this image. When we identify with the muck that defiles the image, we are making ourselves less than human.

And truly, is it any coincidence that those who have denied their humanity and been reduced to the level of dumb beasts long to prop up a government that will treat them as such? The social engineers who will rule over this system are merely exploiting the animal nature of those who have debased themselves. Once control is surrendered over to them, they will have no need for all these worthless people who were tolerated and encouraged simply because of the destabilizing effect they have on society. When they seize power, the homosexuals, the drug addicted, the videogame addicts, the rebellious, the slothful, the useless eaters... all of these people will be disposed of. They are a problem. They are harmful to society. Bad for the environment even!

So I say as a warning to all who make themselves like beasts, denying their humanity in spirit. Enjoy this slavery you call liberty while it lasts, because there will come a time when the people you elect to take over the country turn on you, and feed you into the furnace that fuels the new machine. It isn't going to be anything like they tell you. They will betray you. They are lying to you.

Or, forsaking this world of death take this God business seriously, coming to know that "He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.", that "this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Mopac
Curious, do you have a garage bay dedicated to making your sandwich board signs, or is it just like a part of the basement?

Mopac
Mopac

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
From the link:

"Twenty-one prominent conservative Christian leaders including Franklin Graham and James Dobson are calling on congressional leaders to oppose the pro-LGBT Equality Act because of the “threats to religious liberty” the legislation poses."

“Not only is it incompatible with God’s Word (the Bible) and the historic teaching of the church, but the Equality Act is also riddled with threats to religious liberty and the sanctity of human life,” the letter stresses. “For these reasons, we must state that we adamantly oppose this proposed legislation.”
So, these sanctimonious motherfucking assholes want to take away the freedoms of others so the can enjoy their freedoms? Fuck them and fuck their Gods word.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
Also.

“The Equality Act would gut religious freedom protections — even the freedom currently enjoyed by houses of worship,” the letter argues.
“Under its changes to the employment nondiscrimination provisions in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, some houses of worship would be barred from ensuring their leaders and other employees abide by their beliefs about marriage, sexual behavior, and the distinction between the sexes.”
The leaders warn that women who identify as men would have to be accepted as men and be “potentially eligible to serve in positions reserved for men,” such as a Catholic priest or Jewish rabbi.
The conservative leaders warn that religious employers who fall under Title VII law could be forced to offer insurance coverage for hormone therapy, sex reassignment surgery or other procedures that violate their consciences.   
“[T]he Equality Act would expressly do away with the Religious Freedom Restoration Act’s application to its provisions, thereby precluding any religious freedom claims which clergy or others might bring,” the letter adds. “Under such restrictions, the pathway for the gospel would slowly be closed off.”
While the Equality Act has been praised and supported by LGBT activists and Democrats, conservative-leaning think tanks and legal organizations have voiced concerns that the bill would impact those who don’t affirm the gender ideology pushed in the bill.
The Equality Act was reintroduced by Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi in March. Critics have contended that it could compel speech, lead to the closing of nonprofit adoption and foster care providers, allow biological men to compete in women’s sporting events and even coerce medical professionals to do procedures that go against their consciences.
As some parents have already lost custodyfor their refusal to support a child’s wishes for gender transition, critics feel such a situation will become more common if the Equality Act were to pass.
In an op-ed this week, Perkins, a Baptist pastor, stressed the fact that the Equality Act expands the meaning of the 1964 Civil Rights Act to include “pregnancy, childbirth, or a related medical condition.”
“In other words, under the terms of this proposal, ‘pregnancy, childbirth, or a related medical condition’ shall not receive less favorable treatment than other physical conditions,” Perkins wrote.
“Under this big new umbrella of ‘discrimination,’ any American who doesn’t want to fund, offer, perform, or participate in abortion on demand will have no real choice. They can conform — or they can be punished.

Mopac
Mopac
We are so sanctimonious for resisting rape.

Lord have mercy

Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@Mopac
Equality Act, starts at section 3

Proposed Amendments to the Equality Act

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@Mopac
In other words, under the terms of this proposal, ‘pregnancy, childbirth, or a related medical condition’ shall not receive less favorable treatment than other physical conditions,” Perkins wrote.
“Under this big new umbrella of ‘discrimination,’ any American who doesn’t want to fund, offer, perform, or participate in abortion on demand will have no real choice. They can conform — or they can be punished.
To my knowledge, this is a questionable take since the Equality Act is an amendment to the Civil Rights Act, a law designed against segregation.  I would think that it means you can't discriminate against people for going through with an abortion.

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Mopac
“Under its changes to the employment nondiscrimination provisions in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, some houses of worship would be barred from ensuring their leaders and other employees abide by their beliefs about marriage, sexual behavior, and the distinction between the sexes.”
In theory, this would also apply to white supremacist organizations as well.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Goldtop
From the link:

"Twenty-one prominent conservative Christian leaders including Franklin Graham and James Dobson are calling on congressional leaders to oppose the pro-LGBT Equality Act because of the “threats to religious liberty” the legislation poses."

“Not only is it incompatible with God’s Word (the Bible) and the historic teaching of the church, but the Equality Act is also riddled with threats to religious libertyand the sanctity of human life,” the letter stresses. “For these reasons, we must state that we adamantly oppose this proposed legislation.”
Making a law that says, "everybody play nice" is considered a horrific violation of any organization's right to hate and exclude people at whim.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@3RU7AL
I don't think the law should be used to treat dandruff by decapitation.

At the same time, I believe white supremacists have the right to peaceably assemble, print their own literature, speak freely without state intervention, petition the government, own firearms, etc. 

To not respect these rights is to put your own in jeopardy even.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Mopac
Not everyone is (willfully) ignorant of the fact that sexual immorality is actually a thing and in every way destructive to a society.
Oh, you mean like divorce?  Should divorce be illegal?
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Mopac
“The Equality Act would gut religious freedom protections — even the freedom currently enjoyed by houses of worship,” the letter argues.
The legislation only ensures that those leaders and employees OUTSIDE OF THEIR HOUSE OF WORSHIP do not use their beliefs as legal discrimination. No one is saying you can't hate gays inside your house of worship. This is typical Christian panic mongering. Strictly speaking, leaders at houses of worship are not legally permitted to "ENSURE" employees abide by their beliefs as it is. This inexact language sounds like compulsion of behavior through some external means. They aren't even really allowed to dictate belief, there's no such thing as thought crime yet.

The leaders warn that women who identify as men would have to be accepted as men and be “potentially eligible to serve in positions reserved for men,” such as a Catholic priest or Jewish rabbi.
This is idiotic given the rampant sexual abuse going on in these organizations currently, but leaving that aside, it's perfectly legal for a Catholic church to write its rules to continue to exclude women or transgendered people from their clergy. The state is not in any way interested in legislating who is eligible to work with a bunch of sex offenders in a private club. 

“[T]he Equality Act would expressly do away with the Religious Freedom Restoration Act’s application to its provisions, thereby precluding any religious freedom claims which clergy or others might bring,” the letter adds. “Under such restrictions, the pathway for the gospel would slowly be closed off.”
Can prayer not solve this problem? I mean, we apply prayer to gun violence, why not to this,, considering it much more directly affects houses of worship?

coerce medical professionals to do procedures that go against their consciences.
HOW? No one is saying a doctor can't tell a patient "I don't perform this procedure." Doctors are private businesses. They're simply saying they cannot be outlawed by the state. 

Americans don't get to choose how much tazes they pay or where that moeny goes in any way other than voting. This is how the economy works. I don't get to say "I want a refund proportional to all faith based tax exemptions, because I don't believe that bunk." Nor do I complain about it. I simply pay it as part of the price of living where I live. And again, this language makes it sound like if you're a doctor who doesn't want to provide birth control pills because of religious reasons, you're FORCED to prescribe them, or you're FORCED into the procedure of an abortion. It's an absolutely idiotic idea that's meant just to make religious old white people think "They're a-comin' for mah Jesus!" They aren't. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Mopac
I don't think the law should be used to treat dandruff by decapitation.
Please explain your metaphor.

At the same time, I believe white supremacists have the right to peaceably assemble, print their own literature, speak freely without state intervention, petition the government, own firearms, etc. 
Sure, sure, they can do all of these things, as long as they don't discriminate or advocate violence.

I'm sure there are plenty of gun owning minorities and gays who hate other minorities and gays just as much as anyone and would love to join.

To not respect these rights is to put your own in jeopardy even.
Making a law that says, "everybody play nice" is not going to jeopardize my freedom in any way whatsoever.
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@3RU7AL
Is divorce sexual immorality? Where did legality come from?
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@3RU7AL
Making a law that says, "everybody play nice" is not going to jeopardize my freedom in any way whatsoever.
This is irrational.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Snoopy
Is divorce sexual immorality? Where did legality come from?
Luke 16:18 - Everyone who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery, and he who marries a woman divorced from her husband commits adultery. [LINK]
Snoopy
Snoopy
You can't just say that a law symbolizes "play nice everyone", and therefore there are no actual problems with it.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Snoopy
Making a law that says, "everybody play nice" is not going to jeopardize my freedom in any way whatsoever.
This is irrational. 
Please explain how "everyone play nice" will violate your personal freedom?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@3RU7AL
Secular religion is about effecting change through things like government policy. That isn't really our way. As Jesus Christ even said, "My kingdom is not of this world."

That said, we do respect secular authorities, as even Jesus Christ said, "Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above."

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Snoopy
You can't just say that a law symbolizes "play nice everyone", and therefore there are no actual problems with it.
I'm not speaking about this specific legislation.  I'm distilling the idea down to its essential core concept. 

Imagine for a moment that you have a room full of diverse toddlers.

You say, "everyone play nice".

One kid starts making fun of another kid's clothes, and other kids start joining in.

You tell the mean kids to find a toy or play a game.

It's really that simple.  No hitting.  No bullying.  Take turns with the toys that are available.

This is a civil society.

If you want to live in "the jungle", go to the jungle.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@3RU7AL
In theory, this would also apply to white supremacist organizations as well.
Indeed yes. Marriage is between a white man and a white woman is not sufficiently different if ALL beliefs are protected. 

Indeed let us take this to it's most cartoonist extremes.

I don't hire people who are pretending to be married when they have not actually had the Shinto marriage ceremony.

I think all sex is immoral and the only reason to do it is for procreation sake. Marriage implies sex. Therefore if I deem a group cannot or should not procreate I do not offer spousal benefits. Groups like the elder, the disabled, the homeless and people of low intellect. 
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@3RU7AL
"Making a law that says, "everybody play nice" is not going to jeopardize my freedom in any way whatsoever.
You can't say that a law symbolizes "everybody play nice", and therefore actually has no problems.

It is not only irrational to begin with, but also inconsistent with the idea that "religious freedom" can be equated with hate.   That is, unless you hate freedom of religion.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ludofl3x
Americans don't get to choose how much tazes they pay or where that moeny goes in any way other than voting. This is how the economy works. I don't get to say "I want a refund proportional to all faith based tax exemptions, because I don't believe that bunk." Nor do I complain about it. I simply pay it as part of the price of living where I live. And again, this language makes it sound like if you're a doctor who doesn't want to provide birth control pills because of religious reasons, you're FORCED to prescribe them, or you're FORCED into the procedure of an abortion. It's an absolutely idiotic idea that's meant just to make religious old white people think "They're a-comin' for mah Jesus!" They aren't. 
Well stated.
Mopac
Mopac
Sure, sure, they can do all of these things, as long as they don't discriminate or advocate violence.
The nature of the group is inherently discriminatory. You don't think men's only clubs have a right to exist? Advocating violence is not quite acting out in violence.

I'm sure there are plenty of gun owning minorities and gays who hate other minorities and gays just as much as anyone and would love to join.

If the group they want to join doesn't want them, they can start their own group.

Making a law that says, "everybody play nice" is not going to jeopardize my freedom in any way whatsoever. 

Maybe it doesn't effect your freedom. And maybe you don't understand why we don't have women priests, but that doesn't mean we should be held to your standards of playing nice. Maybe your idea of playing nice is actually not so very nice to us.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@3RU7AL
If your intention by passing a law is to screw over a certain group, say, white supremacists, and that law happens to screw over other groups incidentally... you are treating dandruff by decapitation.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Snoopy
It is not only irrational to begin with, but also inconsistent with the idea that "religious freedom" can be equated with hate.   That is, unless you hate freedom of religion.
Observing the Sabbath is not hateful.

Feeding the homeless is not hateful.

Praying for gods grace is not hateful.

Only excluding and shaming people for non-criminal behavior is hateful.

If you stop hating, then you can do whatever else you want and nobody will object.
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@3RU7AL

I'm not speaking about this specific legislation.  I'm distilling the idea down to its essential core concept.

Imagine for a moment that you have a room full of diverse toddlers.

One kid starts making fun of another kid's clothes, and other kids start joining in.

You tell the mean kids to find a toy or play a game.

It's really that simple.  No hitting.  No bullying.  Take turns with the toys that are available.

This is a civil society.

If you want to live in "the jungle", go to the jungle.

I am satisfied with imagining autonomous afults
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@secularmerlin
Indeed let us take this to it's most cartoonist extremes.

I don't hire people who are pretending to be married when they have not actually had the Shinto marriage ceremony.

I think all sex is immoral and the only reason to do it is for procreation sake. Marriage implies sex. Therefore if I deem a group cannot or should not procreate I do not offer spousal benefits. Groups like the elder, the disabled, the homeless and people of low intellect. 
And there should also be a law that forces doctors to inform their patients of the Shinto approved treatment for all their medical conditions.

You know, so they have a "choice".

Also, isn't making doctors inform abortion seekers about adoption considered "compelled speech"?

Also, isn't forcing Chelsea Manning to testify against her will also considered "compelled speech"?

I thought the Christians were all totally 100% against "compelled speech"?