Author: drafterman

Total: 4,160
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
can we redo our spells before setting out again

(Long resting when we've only been in a minor fight and it's close to Midday, AND we have to make haste lest we be caught in the open by Strahd, seems like it's the kind of choice that's begging for a DM arranged ambush cause we're slow playing and being wusses by abusing mechanics 😂. )
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Earth
Do you know any of useful weapons that are effective against our foe and where might it be?
(probably a good sales tactic, the artisans etc probably have more info on that topic I think, though they may just make what you want and it would be up to you to know how to design and what properties you wish, though silvered seems the way to go except for the time it takes) 

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(if we can't no biggy, but I do want to change them up when I can)
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@Earth
Outside the Tent

Snerp talks causally with the Vistani near the camp, he learns that the Vistani, generally, are silversmiths, coppersmiths, haberdashers, cooks, weavers, musicians, entertainers, storytellers, toolmakers, and horse traders. They also make good information gatherers and information sellers. They generally do not hold on to money, preferring to spend it on supporting their lavish and flamboyant lifestyle... and wine.

(I don't have a list of specific items each Vistani has on their person they are willing to sell. If you are looking for something specific, we can work out to see if one of them has it.)

While Snerp and Roberts are talking about procuring items, the Vistani around the campire fire are engaging in story telling, something about Strahd and a power Mage.

Inside the Tent

In response to Grahf's question Madam Eva stares hard at the dragonborn. She slowly looks down at the cards. Then back up at Grahf. Then down at the cards, the cards whose meaning she just described as leading to weapons effective against their foe. Then back up at Grahf.

I'm guessing you're the strong one, eh?

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
(if we can find a ressurect scroll on the cheap we're buying it and going back for Doru. Or at least Snerp will, no effs given. He made a promise and intends to keep it 😂.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
I'm guessing you're the strong one, eh?

(This and the preceding paragraph hands down is prolly the funniest thing in the game so far. Made me spit out my coffee 😂. Well done 👏💯.) 
drafterman
drafterman
None of the Vistani claim ownership of any magical items, but one of them does say they have a bag of powdered silver: shavings they've collected from various silver projects they've worked on. He offers to the group in exchange for a riveting story, once the current one is complete.
Earth
Earth
-->
@drafterman
(Do they have something useful to say beyond riddles?)

Tell them about the Death House.

drafterman
drafterman
Madam Eva: Unfortunately, those of us who are granted with the power of foresight are prevented are prevented from seeing our own futures or the futures of other Vistani. This limits the amount of details we can give for anyone's future. You are still but a few steps into the depths of this valley, under the shadow of Ravenloft. Others might be able to make sense of these clues.

Also, do not forget that while many may wish to help you, few will risk openly defying Strahd.
Earth
Earth
(Expected as much.)
(Should we ask if they know how to reverse vampirism?)

drafterman
drafterman
Around the camp fire, the old Vistana goes into his tale:

A mighty wizard came to this land over a year ago. I remember him like it was yesterday. He stood exactly where you're standing. A very charismatic man, he was. He thought he could rally the people of Barovia against the devil Strahd. He stirred them with thoughts of revolt and bore them to the castle en masse.

When the vampire appeared, the wizard's peasant army fled in terror. A few stood their ground and were never seen again.

The wizard and the vampire cast spells at each other. Their battle flew from the courtyards of Ravenloft to a precipice overlooking the falls. I saw the battle with my own eyes! Thunder shook the mountainside, and great rocks tumbled down upon the wizard, yet by his magic he survived. Lightning from the heavens struck the wizard, and again he stood his ground. But when the devil Strahd fell upon him, the wizard's magic couldn't save him. I saw him thrown a thousand feet to his death. I climbed down to the river to search for the wizard's body, to see if, you know, he had anything of value, but the River Ivlis had already spirited him away.
Earth
Earth
(I guess Snerp can tell them a story.)

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Earth
(Doesn't have to be a specific person.)
Earth
Earth
-->
@drafterman
(Snerp's a bard though fam.)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
(would they be able to make one of my longswords silvered?  if this service is available others my wish to consider it as well, though I could pass down the sword if anyone wants it, or use it as payment)(would there be any benefit to having my shield inlay with silver wire or banding?)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Earth
(I have a story about some sea ferrying passengers that were only going on a 3 hour tour, a 3 hour tour.....)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
When I was a child my tribe was always at war. We were pretty good at it. I couldn't wait to join up and help defend the bloodknob tribe. What other tribe was so prestigious as to have attracted the attention of the great stone giants who lived in The Pass. 

Then one day several other tribes jealous of our glory banded together and one thousand orcs fell upon us. The fighting was savage and I felled three orcs myself before a blow to the head knocked me insensible.

When I awoke everyone I had ever known lie dead and dismembered arround me. The defensive ditch we had prepared had become a creek of blood. I had been lying in my family's blood for hours. If I had fallen face first rather than on my side I would have litteraly drown in my family's blood.

Our allies, the "noble" stone giants had never come to our aid. Perhaps some day I can return the favor .
Earth
Earth
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(We can probably save Doru, so lets keep the silver for now.)
drafterman
drafterman
The other Vistani nod in appreciation of Eikka's story, passing her a wine skin. (I'm going to grant inspiration for coming up with the story to tell).

The silversmith Vistana provides the bag of powdered silver, as agreed. He notes that he could silver a sword, but it would take about a week, and cost 100 gold.

Player Summaries:
✶Eikka -  24/24HP - 16 AC - Channel Divinity: ⭘ | Relentless Endurance: ⬤ | Spell Slots: 3|2
✶Grahf - 16/20 HP - 16 AC - Breath Weapon: ⬤ | Divine Sense: 3  | Channel Divinity: ⭘ | Lay on Hands: 15 | Spell Slots: 2 [Max HP reduced (-8)]
Luraxt - 17/17 HP - 13 AC - Arcane Recovery ⬤ | Spell Secrets ⬤ | Spell Slots: 3|1
Roberts -  28/28 HP - 19 AC - Action Surge: ⭘  | Second Wind ⬤ | Spell Slots: 1
✶Snerp - 18/18 HP - 13 AC - Bardic Inspiration: ⬤⭘ | Spell Slots: 3|1

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
I joined the army on my tenth birthday. I was twelve the day everyone in my tribe was killed.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
Taking a swig as she says this last.This 
Earth
Earth
(We should head out. We got a few places to check.)

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
(agreed, time to pay Maggie a visit.)
drafterman
drafterman
The group gets on their horses and heads back to the Old Svalich road. The horses make quicker work and they soon arrive at the graveyard at the crossroads where they branched off before. However, where the gallows were empty before, now there is a body hanging from the rope.
Earth
Earth
-->
@drafterman
Examine the body. Look around at the immediate surroundings. Any footprints? Anything misplaced or otherwise odd? 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
(Whose the stiff?)
drafterman
drafterman
Grahf cautiously approaches the body and looks around. There are no footprints or signs of travel other than the ones they left themselves. As the body is facing around them, Grahf slowly circles to the front. The body hanging from the rope is that of Roberts!

Earth
Earth
-->
@drafterman
WHAT? I guess someone stole it. Is there anything buried nearby? Does he have anything useful on him? Where is Ireena and Ismark?
drafterman
drafterman
As before, there are 11 graves in a crude graveyard near the gallows at the crossroads.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
This cannot be! He's right here with us?

Snerp looks to verify Roberts is still with the group.