Debates: 4
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
Yeah, listen to Zuddy McZudderton. Shes not wrong, this doesn't feel right 😐
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
I have not ruled out the possibility that the messenger was bait to lure us here.  How he was able to track us down and know our whereabouts is rather suspicious.  Be that as it may, we are here now.  Setting aside our suspicion but not our caution we must carry on as if everything is as it seems.  If there is any alternative to pressing forward, let's hear it.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
I agree, there isnt much point to turning back now. Maybe instead of walking right into the center of town, we kinda scope it out by walking around it from a distance, see if we spot anything 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
My hope is maybe we spot an animal of some sort, something i could befriend and try to work out some sort of way to ascertain what's going on. I can send messages to and befriend animals. Could prolly work out some sort of yes/no system to ask questions 🤔
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
We should approach cautiously, but I'd prefer to be more out in the open.  It's difficult to see what might lurk off the path and in the shadows of what little light there is already.  Given what we have seen thus far the overgrown and disrepair is probably hazardous the further you go off the path.  The noise from the gates has already alerted any creatures or people of our arrival.  If they have interest in us then we have probably been observed since our entrance.  Any chance of stealth or surprise has been eliminated by the gates.
(The fog has allowed us and perhaps even gave some protection to get us here.  From reading the note asking us here, we are expected anyway)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
interesting idea, see what happens
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Any chance of stealth or surprise has been eliminated by the gates.

You think the gates were really that loud as to be heard clear across the valley 🤔 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
@drafterman
some creatures have very good hearing.......

perhaps you should check in the woods to the south of the road, that's a bit opposite of the building.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
I ready my crossbow, just in case.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Seperating myself from the group? Sureeeeee
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(chuckle) no, don't go too far, take the cleric or someone with you perhaps
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Me and Eikstatic? Now, normally i'd be all game for taking a walk with Easy E, but having both healers go off together seems a recipe for disaster. Would be better if Grahf and I went if that's what we're gonna do
Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
Sure, I'll go
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
🎶just the two of us, we can reroll if we die, just the two of us, squishy guys🎶

Well, lets hear from Eikken, see if she thinks it's worth a try, anyone have some food? If we run into a wolf or wolves it might be useful as a peace offering 🤔.

(I suppose (Roberts) and (Merlin) will continue on into town? Im honestly not sure how I even feel about splitting up. If we're running into a trap that would be disaster. 😐)

drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
The scouts approach the village, following the Old Svalich road as it descends into the valley. As they keep an eye on the village, the windows of each house stare out back at them from pools of blackness. The gravel road leads them to the village, its tall houses dark as tombstones. Nestled among these solemn dwellings are a handful of closed-up shops. Even the tavern is shut tight.

No sound cuts the silence except for a soft whimpering that draws your eye toward a pair of
children standing in the middle of an otherwise lifeless street.

The Village:

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
I believe we are in town........

I say we stay on the path until that large building on the map is north of us, and the woods are south
Earth
Earth
So this town is deseted...Grahf barges into a shop, or a blacksmith/Forge and look around inside. Quietly, of course.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Grahf barges into a shop... Quietly, of course.

Well, we already lost Grahf 😂

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
Hello children, pointing crossbow, where are your parents? Yes I am pointing a crossbow at children this place is creepy and so are the kids.

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
I stop and look down the street the kids are standing in the middle of.

Hey you two! We need some directions, can you help us? 

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
Simmer down there hoss, they're just kids! Maybe they can help us?

(They are creepy, I agree, but staying in character RN 👌. Don't put down the bow please lol)

Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
Pfft. Whats the worse thing that can happen? Dracula doing late night shopping at the local forge?
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
You have quite the preoccupation with forges. Grahf, do you secretly wish to become a smithy? 🤔
Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
Well I do have like 13 or 14 CON. But I just like looting shit😉

drafterman
drafterman
After shushing the boy, the girl turns to Snerp and Eikka and says, There's a monster in our house! She then points to a tall brick row house that stands out from the houses around it. Unlike the others, it looks new - or at least well maintained. The curtained windows let glimpses of dim light spill out from its interior. It has a gated portico on the ground floor, and the rusty gate is slightly ajar. The houses on either side are abandoned, their windows and doors boarded up. At the sight of a half-orc pointing a crossbow at them, the little boy cowers and hides behind the girl.

Grahf finds no resistance in breaking into a nearby building. The wood of the door seems to crumble easily in his fingertips. The house inside is empty, save for the swarms of rats that scatter, their beady red eyes flashing in the dim moonlight. The fog that has allowed them into the town now begins to close in around the village, snaking tentacles of the mist through the streets.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
What does this monster look like dear children.  Who else is in the house?  Where are your parents?  Do you know Vistani, Ireena Kolyana or  Kolyan Indirovich?
How many others live here?
drafterman
drafterman
Girl: We've never seen the monster, we've only heard its terrible howls coming from the basement where our parents trapped it. We don't know what happened to them, but our baby brother is still in the nursery on the third floor!
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
Ok guys couple of options
we check out the basement and send the kids to the 3rd floor either alone or split the group (we probably all know the saying about splitting up the group)
we all go to the basement or to the 3rd floor

If there is something trapped in the basement we should make sure it's secured until the children and any others are safe.

(depending on your level of paranoia one might think someone is trying to lure us to the 3rd floor and keep us away from the basement.......to what end, time will tell, perhaps the creature is the ill woman......)

How did this creature end up in the basement or get into the house?  We should approach and listen for any commotion. 

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
If you've never seen it how do you know it's a monster?
How long have your parents been gone?
When was the baby last fed?

These questions are rapid fire like a drill sergeant, a drill sergeant that expects answers.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Buddamoose
@Earth
(Going to wait for Snerp and Grahf to weigh in before continuing)