Quasi Dungeons and Dragons

Author: drafterman

Total: 4,160
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@drafterman
If we come across the army I belonged to, we might get horses, but the chances are slim.

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Snerp walks over to the grave and observes the plots, weighing the options as he does.

How much are the horses? 
Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
Should get them for free if we bring them back after we're done. Don't expect to find any bases here though.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
Eleven graves are here with blank gravestones. The graves look like they were hastily dug and covered.

Ismark: There really isn't much business travelling between villages, but I recall old records my father kept that people could rent a coach from Barovia to Vallaki for 5 silver.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
5 silvers not too bad. But I would suggest either I disguise the two of you or we split up while the coach or horses are rented. We don't need any word of your departure being relayed by the Vistani to Strahd. 

Snerp continues looking over the graves.

(Does anything seem off? Are the graves old or fresh?)
Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
(Disguising them sounds good. Did we bring Donavich?)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
(I think Donavich stayed behind,

Ireena consoles Donavich and encourages him to get some rest. As they make to leave the village, Ireean appears distant and distracted. 

If he's gonna rest, he very well couldn't have been walking the whole time 😂.)
drafterman
drafterman
Ismark: That sounds like a good plan, though it's likely he'll know that we've left the village before too long.

(Nothing seems "off." The graves are old)
Earth
Earth
Shall we move on?
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
Very well then, disguising it is

Snerp pulls the group off of the road and out of sight then pulls out his disguise kit and gets to work. When he is finished Ismarck and Ireena look like half-orcs, very much as if they could be related to Eikka. 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
Shall we move on?

I agree, we should. Rent some horses or a coach at the Vistani camp and be on our way with a short pit stop to see Maggie 🎿🔥
secularmerlin
Debates: 0
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
Snerp these disguises are terrible. They don't even smell like orcs. I reach for my armor grease. I can fix that though

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
You don't smell like an orc either, or have you not noticed this whole time? 😂
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
(That spell only lasts like a minute at a time. At most you get a few moments of relief at a time. You can't keep up with the powerful smell of Eikka.)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
Your tricks can be amusing but if you want this to work you need to let me fix this. begins slathering the grease on Ireenas armor. I'll get to you in a moment Ismark.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
That spell only lasts like a minute at a time. 

(Up to an hour duration and it's a cantrip so i can cast it as many times as I want 😂😂. Limit 3 simultaneous. But I cast it on all of the goop when it was in the container. which is what smells the worst. 😏😎)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
(Oh you suck, this whole time I thought you were getting brief moments of relief from my stench.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
😂😂💯
drafterman
drafterman
Snerp and Eikka disguise Ismark and Ireena to look like half-orcs. Satisified with his work, they head down the path toward the Tser Pool

The road gradually disappears and is replaced by atwisted, muddy path through the trees. Deep ruts in theearth are evidence of the comings and goings of wagons.The canopy of mist and branches suddenly gives wayto black clouds boiling far above. There is a clearing here,next to a river that widens to form a small lake severalhundred feet across. Five colorful round tents, each tenfeet in diameter, are pitched outside a ring of four barrel-toppedwagons. A much larger tent stands near theshore of the lake, its sagging form lit from within. Nearthis tent, eight unbridled horses drink from the river.The mournful strains of an accordion clash with thesinging of twelve brightly clad figures around bonfire. Afootpath continues beyond this encampment, meanderingnorth between the river and the forest's edge.

Earth
Earth
Enter the biggest tent.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Greetings! 

Snerp speaks with a friendly smile as the group approaches

We were told that horses and perhaps even a coach could be rented here while we were in town? Is that true? 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(should we ask about Maggi, not sure how much we should divulge.....)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(let's just stay quiet about that. For now, if asked, i think we should just say we came to Barovia to see the Abbott and speak with him. The reason can just be chalked up to Eikka and the two disguised being compelled here by Zud but still being uncertain, as is his way, about why.

Maybe there is an artisan guild member here? Try asking my dude, maybe we can get a sweet deal on something.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
(Zud, may his way be made certain, makes for a convenient lie. Tbh i tried researching him and couldn't find anything on him 😂😂)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
(I suppose we'll be introduced or taken to the leader, or captured as spies.....anyway when the opportunity presents itself I will inquire about any possible guild ties that could give me and these folks something in common.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I suppose we'll be introduced or taken to the leader

(If coach and horse rentals are a part of what they do, fail to see why we'd need to meet their leader. But if that happens, meh, we'll deal with it as it comes. 

Being captured seems a bit far fetched, but who knows, maybe they're all working for strahd 😂.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(they don't get many travelers in these here parts......dunno, this looks like a small gypsy camp, probably one person handles all the money, guess we'll find out, the spy thing was just to stir up the others, adding unneeded paranoia is fun.)
drafterman
drafterman
Grahf immediately walks past the group and into the largest tent. Magic flames cast a reddish glow over the interior of this tent, revealing a low table covered in a black velevet cloth. Glints of light seem to flash from a crystal ball on the table as a hunched figure peers into its depths. As the crone speaks, her voice crackls like dry weeds, Perhaps you should call in the rest of your friends, noble Grahf.  Cackling laughter bursts like mad lightning from her withered lips.

The Vistani gathered around the campfire are regaling each other with stories and are clearly drunk. They greet Snerp with several huzzahs and bid the group (save Grahf) to join them around the camp fire. One of the older Vistani nods.

We have horses, yes, but aren't in the habit of lending or renting them out. Normally. But given that the Madam Eva was expecting you, she may have made arrangements.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
Why are these men drunk, I haven't seen anything worth celebrating.  We seem to be at a disadvantage since you seem to know so much about us, but we know nothing about you :) 
(do Ismark or Ireena know any of these people?)
drafterman
drafterman
Vistana #1: What a boring life it would be if we only drank when celebrating!

The other Vistani laugh.

Vistana #2: Though we are always celebrating: life!

To that, the Vistani cheer and pass around a wineskin, each taking a big gulp.

Old Vistana: We know nothing about you, except that you are obviously strangers from outside the valley. Madam Eva He crooks a thumb over his shoulder at the large tent. She's the one that knows everything.

Ismark and Ireena do not know any of the Vistani around the fire, though the name of Madam Eva is familiar. She is widely known as a soothsayer and fortune teller. Unlike the other Vistani, she chooses to remain in the valley and never leaves.