Quasi Dungeons and Dragons

Author: drafterman

Total: 4,160
secularmerlin
Debates: 0
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
Are you really willing to wager these people's lives on that?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Earth
(No but being a child soldier in an orc army that gets decimated by another orc army tends to have that effect sooo...)
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
We can secure him really really REALLY good.

(Donavich himself said he'llhe'll no reason to live if he dies. I'm not gonna go for what's gonna cause a priest to likely kill himself ๐Ÿ˜‚)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
Andddd, you can pray to Zud to curse Doru with immense uncertainty should he awaken ๐Ÿ˜‹
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
Andddd, you can pray to Zud to curse Doru with immense uncertainty should he awaken
Well,ย I guess that is sort of a reasonable suggestion.

Earth
Earth
-->
@secularmerlin
Yes?
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@Earth
(It is not permanent, no)
kindertina
kindertina
-->
@Buddamoose
Better safe than sorry. The chances of finding a cure seem slim to me.ย 
Earth
Earth
-->
@kindertina
We can just chain him and stake him. He was chained up for a fucking year before Strahd did some bullshit.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Earth
before Strahd did some bullshit

(And what's to stop Strahd from doing it again while we are off looking for a cure?)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
And what's to stop Strahd from doing it again while we are off looking for a cure?)

(Cause he wants Ireena. Releasing Doru was an attempt to distract us while he compelled Ireena to go to him.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
(Yeah I suppose that's true but nothing is actually stopping him.)
Earth
Earth
-->
@secularmerlin
(We could just chain him up, stake him, and bury him in a coffin in a undisclosed location.)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Earth
(Snerp just about has Eikka convinced but that doesn't change the fact that no matter what we do we are still just hoping for the best. If Drafterman decides it's appropriate to his story then Strahd will find him and free him. Heck even if we subject him to final death Strahd surely has other thralls.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@kindertina
(The chances of defeating Strahd seem slim. But we 5 heroes will try regardless ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ฏ. Worst case scenario we don't find anything and can come back and dispose of him later. But if we secure him well and stake him in a resting place it neutralizes him completely so long as the stake is in place. We can chain him and bind him on top if that.)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
(Actually the worst case scenario is that he gets free despite our best efforts and kills every man woman and child in this village.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
(like I've said idk how many times now. No evil affiliations likely means most bonuses and cool items revolve around doing good deeds. Killing a dawnbringers son and prompting him to likely kill himself is far from good fmpov. Especially if no means of saving him is sought out first.ย ย 

On top of that, again, Ismarck and Ireena were never told of the intention to save Doru, yet they brought it up. This is likely foreshadowing/a clue to what we should be trying to do fmpov.)
Earth
Earth
-->
@secularmerlin
(Fucking how? He had trouble getting out of chains. How will he get out of chains, in a coffin, underground? While staked.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
Actually the worst case scenario is that he gets free despite our best efforts and kills every man woman and child in this village.)

And if he is staked and secured the chances of that are slim to none. He was never chained or staked to begin with. He was just being held back by the wooden door of the undercroft. Y'all are acting like he's gonna be able to escape being staked and chained/bound because he broke out of the undercroft.ย 

Dude couldn't break thru a thick wood door and Strahd had to break the door to release him. Methinks chains and staking will restrain him indefinitely. Particularly staking, because they're paralyzed and unconscious, effectively dead, after being staked.)

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Earth
(I don't know but dm fiat is dm fiat. Like I said Snerp just about has Eikka convinced but that doesn't mean it might not turn out to be something we regret. Of course killing him could turn out to be something we regret too.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
(He was never chained? Where are you getting that from? Donavich lead him to the undercroft and trapped him in there with the wooden door. Hence why Strahd broke the door open so he could get out.)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
Has thedredpriatroberts chimed in on this issue?
Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
(Jesus fucking CHRIST. A rotting door kept Doru in for a year? Then staking, chained up and put in a coffin is overkill.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
(That's a part of what I'm trying to say hombre ๐Ÿ˜‚)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
Snerp just about has Eikka convinced

(The Morninglord is also likely fmpov to show us favor if we can save a dawnbringers son. Idk about you, but having a deity in our back pocket seems like it'd be super useful and at least worth seeing if that might happen.

If we can show we are here to help for the good of all, and not just for our own benefit, then I would bet it's almost guaranteed the morninglord has a personal chat with us. And deities almost always come hand in hand with very useful things. Who knows, maybe Snerp can get himself a fancy ass magical lute with which to spread joy and music through Barovia ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
(I'm a cleric, I already have a deity in my corner.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
(yes but Zud does not have as much as stake in this as the Morninglord does. Strahd's using necromancy and creating undead. Things the morninglord is directly against ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘. He has a horse in this race, Zud by his nature really doesn'.)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
(Don't let Eikka hear you say that)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
(well it's not inaccurate to say that. But Snerp knows better than to say that aloud ๐Ÿ˜‚)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
(I just gotta say, picturing a Dragonborn(Grahf) and a Gnome as the goody two shoes party faces is funny. Also, all the choices in the world and the most charismatic of our group is those two. Such a rag tag group, love it. ๐Ÿ˜‚.ย 

I'd love to flesh out a written backstory for a group to explain how we all came to meet. Would be great. Especially Roberts, how's a human artisan wind up with a gnome, Dragonborn, and half-orc? Maybe it has something to do with his propensity towards aggregiously violence and torture he's displayed already? ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜‚)