-->
@drafterman
(Meh, thats fine.)

drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@kindertina
(What's your action for the next round?)
kindertina
Debates: 0
kindertina
-->
@drafterman
I and my sphere follow the group ready to blast the vampire again asap
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@kindertina
Awesome. Thanks for being a wizard. We really needed some magic muscle in this fight.
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
@kindertina
(Right, it was precisely what we were lacking in the most . Now we have a solid AF group all around imho 💯)
drafterman
drafterman
The group pursues Doru, and they find they must use all their efforts to (dash) keep up. Ireena stays on the top floor to keep an eye on Donavich. As they run, Snerp gasps out a plan of attack.

Doru continues to attempt to flee, and both Ismark and Grahf attempt to exploit the situation by attacking the  spawn (Reaction: Opportunity Attack).

[Melee Attack Roll: d20 (5) + 5 = 10, Miss!]

Grahf misses, but Ismark scores a hit with his longsword, knocking Doru out of his daze. In a rage, Doru grabs a hold of Ismark. I want your blood!

Preparing for the next round of combat, Grahf imbues his sword with divine energy.

Snerp bestows inspiration on Roberts, then quickly scans the battlefield and darts to a location where he can safely cast THUNDERWAVE (as a level 2 spell). Snerp gauged correctly and only Doru is affected by the enhanced blast, and is sent scattering across the floor of the basement, releasing his hold of Ismark.

[Thunderwave Damage: 3d8 (3, 8, 6) = 17 thunder damage]

Following suit, Roberts rushes up beside Doru, with no one else in range, then produces his own cute, widdle version of Thunderwave, but Doru has managed to gain enough of his senses to dodge the ethereal swords emanating from Roberts.

Ismark charges at Doru and double attacks with his longswords, but misses with both of them.

Luraxt wills the sphere to come into the basement with them, then tries to blasts Doru with a radiant firebolt, but it strikes the ground harmlessly.

[Ranged Spell Attack: d20 (6) + 4 = 10, Miss!]

Eikka steps up and imbues Roberts with resistance.

Doru turns to Roberts and clings to him with his feral claws. Let me drink!

(Next set of actions!)

Player Summaries:
[21] Luraxt - 17/17 HP - 13 AC - Arcane Recovery ⬤ | Spell Secrets ⬤ | Spell Slots: 3|1 [Flaming Sphere (8 rounds)]
[18] Eikka -  24/24HP - 16 AC - Channel Divinity: ⭘ | Relentless Endurance: ⬤ | Spell Slots: 4|2 [Concentrating on Resistance (10 rounds)]
[18] Doru - Bloodied [Grappling Roberts]
→[16] ✶Grahf - 28/28 HP - 16 AC - Breath Weapon: ⬤ | Divine Sense: 3  | Channel Divinity: ⭘ | Lay on Hands: 15 | Spell Slots: 3 [Sacred Weapon (10 rounds)]
[12] ✶Snerp - 18/18 HP - 13 AC - Bardic Inspiration: ⬤⭘ | Spell Slots: 3|1 [Concentrating on Faerie Fire (8 rounds)]
[8] Ireena - Uninjured
[7] Roberts -  28/28 HP - 19 AC - Action Surge: ⬤  | Second Wind ⬤ | Spell Slots: 2 [Bardic Inspiration; Resistance (+4 to one save); Grappled by Doru]
[7] Ismark - Uninjured

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
(don't really know how being grappled affects combat but I'm sure there are some kind of minuses or something to attack and penalties for those trying to attack Doru w/o hitting me, if that's correct I think the only realistic option is to try and break the grapple which I guess I shall attempt and use my action surge for a 2nd attempt if needs be)
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(The only immediate effect is that your speed is 0. It doesn't hinder your combat abilities in any way. However, being grappled is usually a stepping stone toward something worse. But you can still attack without any penalties at the moment)

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
(yeah didn't sound good hehe, I'll stick with trying to get free even if it requires an action surge attempt)
Earth
Earth
-->
@drafterman
Attack Doru with a Divine Smite.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(Do you want to use your Bardic Inspiration (+d6)?)
Earth
Earth
(Are we up to 35 points dealt to him? He has about 70 health on him.)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
(yeah forgot about that, thanks, I'll use it with the action surge if my first attempt is a fail, if that's ok, priority is breaking free, so however the mechanics work please apply accordingly)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
(Whoaaaaaa, Ireena needs to not stay behind or be alone.)

Noticing that Ireena is not with the group, Snerp dashes back upstairs.

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
(Why do I  still have 3 level 1 spell slot? I used faerie fire and it's a level 1 spell no? 

Also, if it failed, so I'm concentrating on a failed spell? 😮 I mean, I'm not complaining, just confused lol)

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
(Are we up to 35 points dealt to him? He has about 70 health on him.)

(38 damage so far I think)
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Buddamoose
(You start with 4 spells 1st level spell slots. You used one. That's 3.

And the spell didn't fail:

Blue, green, or violet lights outline objects inside a 20-foot cube of space. All creatures in the area make a Dexterity save or be cast in light as well. The light cast by this spell illuminates a 10-foot radius.

An attack can be made with advantage against any creature or object that is affected by this spell and that creature or object cannot become invisible.
Doru passed his dexterity save, and therefore was not cast in light and does not grant advantage on attacks made against him. However, the light is still there, illuminating a 10-foot radius, any objects are outlined in the color of light of your choice, anyone attacking said objects would have advantage, and said objects cannot become invisible.

Perhaps not particularly useful to you at this moment in time, but the spell did take effect and you are concentrating on it until you dismiss it as a free action)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
(oh, wow, I i just derped on both questions lol)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
Guiding bolt. 
Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
(So he has about 70 health. We got this.)
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@kindertina
(Action?)
kindertina
kindertina
-->
@drafterman
Radiant sphere ram the monster
drafterman
drafterman
Grahf raises his glowing sword high and brings it down upon Doru's head. Ruptures appear on his skin and all over his body, with holy light pouring out.

[Melee Attack Roll: d20 (16) + 5 + 2 = 23, Hit!]
[Longsword Damage: d8 (2) + 3 + 3d8 (4,4,7) = 5 slashing damage, 15 radiant damage]

Snerp runs up stairs to check in on Ireena and Donavich. He finds her consoling him as the group carves his only son into tiny pieces.

Roberts fails to break free of Doru's grasp. He concentrates harder and rips himself away from the vampire.

[Strength (Athletics) Check: d20 (4) + 3 = 7, Failed!]
[Strength (Athletics) Check: d20 (6) + 3 + d6 (4) = 13, Success!]

Ismark continues to hack away at parts of Doru, causing large chunks of rotting flesh to drop to the floor.

Luraxt rams the sphere into Doru, but he dodges out of the way again.

[Flaming Sphere Damage: 2d6 (1,2) = 3/2 = 1]

Eikka launches a divine projectile at Doru, but it goes wide and misses.

[Ranged Spell Attack: d20 (9) + 4 = 13, Miss!]

Doru hisses at Grahf and grabs hold of him. Doru then pulls him close and sinks his fangs into the dragonborn's neck.

[Grahf takes 4 piercing damage, 8 necrotic damage, and his max HP is reduced by 8]

(Next Round Actions!)

Player Summaries:
[21] Luraxt - 17/17 HP - 13 AC - Arcane Recovery ⬤ | Spell Secrets ⬤ | Spell Slots: 3|1 [Flaming Sphere (7 rounds)]
[18] Eikka -  24/24HP - 16 AC - Channel Divinity: ⭘ | Relentless Endurance: ⬤ | Spell Slots: 3|2 [Concentrating on Resistance (9 rounds)]
[18] Doru - Bloodied [Grappling Grahf]
→[16] ✶Grahf - 16/20 HP - 16 AC - Breath Weapon: ⬤ | Divine Sense: 3  | Channel Divinity: ⭘ | Lay on Hands: 15 | Spell Slots: 2 [Sacred Weapon (9 rounds); Grappled by Doru; Max HP reduced (-8)]
[12] ✶Snerp - 18/18 HP - 13 AC - Bardic Inspiration: ⬤⭘ | Spell Slots: 3|1 [Concentrating on Faerie Fire (7 rounds)]
[8] Ireena - Uninjured
[7] Roberts -  28/28 HP - 19 AC - Action Surge: ⭘  | Second Wind ⬤ | Spell Slots: 2 [Resistance (+4 to one save)]
[7] Ismark - Uninjured

Earth
Earth
-->
@drafterman
Divine Smite his ass

(Is my health nerf perma?)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
Guiding bolt 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
(magic missile)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Earth
(think there's a cure affliction spell or something like that, might need to find a way to fix ya, but I'm pretty sure it can be done)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(The affliction is also removed upon a long rest. Vampire also healed the amount of necrotic damage dealt.

So we're at 51 dealt by us. No clue on how much damage Ismarck is dealing.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
(I'm gonna be at all funeral and likely unavailable most of the day. So I'll submit this last action and then leave what I do up to the group in the interim.)

Snerp draws his bow,

I'm sorry this has to be done Donavich but Strahd has forced our hand. Rest assured we will be taking him down. 

He then runs back downstairs and casts vicious mockery on Doru, focusing it with his lute.(Cast Vicious Mockery on Doru.)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(sorry to hear that man, best wishes to all concerned)