Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@secularmerlin
@Buddamoose
@Earth
@TheDredPriateRoberts
@kindertina
As the group barricades the front door, Ireena seems to snap out of it and return to her normal self. W-what happened?

One of the interior doors of the church smashes open and out into the hallway steps an emaciated young manFather?! I SMELL BLOOD!

COMBAT!

Player Summaries:
[21] Luraxt - 17/17 HP - 13 AC - Arcane Recovery ⬤ | Spell Secrets ⬤ | Spell Slots: 4|2
[18] Eikka -  24/24HP - 16 AC - Channel Divinity: ⬤ | Relentless Endurance: ⬤ | Spell Slots: 4|2
[18] Doru - Uninjured
[16] ✶Grahf - 28/28 HP - 16 AC - Breath Weapon: ⬤ | Divine Sense: 3  | Channel Divinity: ⬤ | Lay on Hands: 15 | Spell Slots: 3
[12] ✶Snerp - 18/18 HP - 13 AC - Bardic Inspiration: ⬤⬤ | Spell Slots: 4|2
[8] Ireena - Uninjured
[7] Roberts -  28/28 HP - 19 AC - Action Surge: ⬤  | Second Wind ⬤ | Spell Slots: 2
[7] Ismark - Uninjured

secularmerlin
Debates: 0
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
Eikka steps towards the priests son and holds out her amulet of Zud. Get thee behind me accursed! She screeches in rage presenting the holy symbol fearlessly.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@secularmerlin
(Turn undead?)
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@kindertina
(I didn't catch your action when I posted the combat thread. Do you still want to cast Sleep? Be aware it is an AOE, not a targeted spell)
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@drafterman
I attack Doru with two long swords
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
(?!)<--amulet of Zud
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
(Don't vampires retreat from holy symbols?)
kindertina
kindertina
-->
@drafterman
(No, not any more, don't need to)
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@secularmerlin
@kindertina
@kindertina: Roger, what would you like to do instead?

@secular: I can neither confirm nor deny. Just clarifying what you are and are not doing.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
As the group barricades the front door, Ireena seems to snap out of it and return to her normal self. W-what happened?

Strahd tried compelling you with magic to go outside. Get your sword out and fight!

Snerp turns to face the vampire, pulling out both of his dagger and casting faerie fire to bask him in an aethereal glow.(cast faerie fire on Doru). 

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
(Starting with just the holy symbol.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
Don't vampires retreat from holy symbols?

(Uhhhhh, no? This isnt a Bram Stoker novel my dude 😂😂)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
(i gotta say though, you perceptive dog pointing out I'm building a "face" character 😂. That is if you were referring to Shadowrun and the people who are known as "faces" in those campaigns.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
@Earth
@TheDredPriateRoberts
@kindertina
(vampires will regenerate health every turn unless you hit them with radiant damage or holy water. Faerie Fire will give you all advantage on ur attacks 👍. Go get em hotshots)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
(don't blow all your smites right away. Space them out to prevemt the vampire from regenerating his health.)

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts

(Btw, the barricade was to stop her from getting out. She's not a vampire and wouldn't be able to break thru when hypnotized most likely. Just so happens it broke the spell. But next step would have been to knock her unconscious.)

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
(Strahds a vampire and it's daylight. He wasn't in a position to do much fmpov. He was likely taking damage from the sunlight the whole time.)

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Buddamoose
(There was no indication that Strahd was taking any damage or in anyway hindered by the day time. Also consider that Drow have a very similar sunlight weakness)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
Also consider that Drow have a very similar sunlight weakness

(And the Drow has been unaffected? Oh shit, Strahds curse might be affecting the sunlight itself and negating its harmful effects. 😮😮)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
@Earth
@TheDredPriateRoberts
@kindertina
(we eventually might have to go to Krezk anyways, because the Abbott there might have a means of weakening the curse so sunlight has a detrimental affect again.)
Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
(Sounds good)
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@kindertina
(What's your action?)
kindertina
kindertina
-->
@drafterman
Is anyone in my line of fire for burning hamds?
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@kindertina
(Yes, but you have enough movement to step in, fire it off, then step back out again)
kindertina
kindertina
-->
@drafterman
Okay I will step in fire burning hands, substitute radiant damage, and then step back again.
drafterman
drafterman
Luraxt weaves through the front line and opens his hands, causing radiant flames it issue forth. Doru dodges and weaves around them, negating much of the damage, but gets slightly singed nevertheless. Luraxy then returns to his place behind the lines.
[Burning Hands Damage: 3d6 (1,1,1) = 3 radiant damage]

Eikka boldly holds out her holy symbol and utters words of warning, but they seem to have no effect on Doru.

Doru races forward with preternatural speed and grasps and clings ahold of Grahf. Despite his emaciated state, his grip is strong and relentless.

(@Earth: You can't dual wield longswords, so I'll treat it as a two-handed attack)

Grahf attempts to slice the spawn off of his scaly body, but is unable to get the appropriate leverage.

[Melee Weapon Attack: d20 (2) + 5 = 7, Miss!]

Snerp causes the area in front of him to glow brightly. While maintaining his grip on Grahf, Doru manages to avoid the fey lights.

Ireena unsheathes her rapier and looks at Donavich sadly. I'm sorry, father, but this is a matter of life or death.

She darts around to the other side of Grahd and slashes at Doru, leaving a long gash across his arm.
drafterman
drafterman
Roberts gets his swords ready, at the same time as he flings three magical bolts of force at Doru, peppering him with minor wounds.

[Magical Missile Damage: d4 (4) + 1 = 5x3 = 15 force damage]

Ismark unsheathes his longsword and goes around to the other side of Doru, taking several attacks in quick motion, scoring a hit.

(Next Round!)

Player Summaries:
[21] Luraxt - 17/17 HP - 13 AC - Arcane Recovery ⬤ | Spell Secrets ⬤ | Spell Slots: 3|2
[18] Eikka -  24/24HP - 16 AC - Channel Divinity: ⬤ | Relentless Endurance: ⬤ | Spell Slots: 4|2
[18] Doru - Injured [Grappling Graf]
[16] ✶Grahf - 28/28 HP - 16 AC - Breath Weapon: ⬤ | Divine Sense: 3  | Channel Divinity: ⬤ | Lay on Hands: 15 | Spell Slots: 3 [Grappled]
[12] ✶Snerp - 18/18 HP - 13 AC - Bardic Inspiration: ⬤⬤ | Spell Slots: 3|2 [Concentrating on Faerie Fire (10 rounds)]
[8] Ireena - Uninjured
[7] Roberts -  28/28 HP - 19 AC - Action Surge: ⬤  | Second Wind ⬤ | Spell Slots: 2
[7] Ismark - Uninjured

Earth
Earth
-->
@drafterman
(What happened to Great Weapon Fighting?)

Whatever the case is, use channel divinity.

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Earth
(Nothing happened to it. It allows you to reroll 1s and 2s on damage if you wield the weapon in two hands. It does not allow you to dual wield longswords)
kindertina
kindertina
-->
@drafterman
(Doesn't radiant do double damage?)