Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@drafterman
I peek out a window to see who they are 
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
Standing out in front of the church, Grahf sees a tall, pale skinned man dressed in fine - if old fashioned - attire. His tunic is blood red, and he is draped in a royal blue cape. On either side him are three giant wolves whose shoulders are as high as the man's. Their eyes glow red with malicious intelligence.

Man: Ireena! Come introduce me to your new... acquaintances!

Earth
Earth
What a polite fella. I ready myself for battle. (What time is it?)
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Earth
(Mid morning)
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
(seems rather odd someone will ill intent would knock.....)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
(that's definitely Strahd 😂. If he's turning people into vampires, that makes him a vampire. Which means given it's daytime he's got sunlight weakness. This isn't a good time for him to be fighting.

My guess would be the three wolves are lycanthropes. All of them presumably are gonna have resistance to regular physical damage.)

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Snerp addresses Ireena, Ismarck, and the priest.

Dont let him inside. Vampires can't enter places without permission. Is there a way out of here that wouldn't require fighting through his entourage? I would think fast. Those wolves, werewolves? Can come in here whenever they want. 

Either way

Snerp winks at Ireena

I'll be right back. Knock on the door if there's a way to escape.

Snerp steps outside, smirking at Strahd as he faces him.

You must be Strahd! 

He begins, pulling out his lute and plucking an arpeggio. 

Now, I've heard of creepy and not taking a hint, but this takes the cake my dude. Did your mother not give you enough hugs as a child. Is that what's going on here? It's not enough to try to kidnap a woman who rejects your advances and thinks ur less than attractive? You gotta show up to the father's funeral? 

I gotta say, if ur trying to impress, this is accomplishing exactly the opposite. Do you need coaching my dude? I think you need coaching.

First tip, have you tried getting a tan? Ladies don't like pale dudes who look like they still live in their moms basement my friend. It's tall, dark, and handsome. Not tall, pale, and average. Also

He winks at Strahd then points at the the wolves flanking him.

Its alot more romantic if you don't bring an entourage witj you. Bringing ur friends along on a romantic call is less than... brave. Hardly could be expected to impress with that kind of behavior. 😏
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
@Earth
@TheDredPriateRoberts
@kindertina
(if there's a secret way out its probably through the undercroft. Methinks were getting pushed right into having to fight the Priests son. 😐)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
Eikka quietly casts guidance and resistance on Snerp. Whatever he's about to try she wants to give him every chance to succeed and survive the experience.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(oh now that's a good idea, let's see what Ireena and Ismark have to say,  it's a landshark!!!   SNL landshark skit anyone?)

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
Also as ready as possible to drag his butt back in here if need be.
drafterman
drafterman
Donavich: There is no other way out why... wait!

Donabich futility tries to stop Snerp as he marches outside.

Strahd's face betrays no emotion as he patiently listens to Snerps performance, stroking the head of one of the wolves as he does so. When Snerp is finished he feigns a smile.

I see, you are one of those people. Irreverent, superficially charming. The... "face" I do believe it is called? I've met your kind before. You think you can sway the people with but a wink? Whip up the people into a revolutionary frenzy with a mere word and the strum of your instrument? Visions of you leading the charge, ahead an army of peasants wielding pitchforks and torches, battering down the doors to my castle and flinging me from its highest precipice?

It's been tried. By men more charming and certainly taller.

I am Count Strahd von Zarovich, son of the Late King Barov and heir to all his lands and claims. This valley is mine for all eternity and all that reside therein are my loyal subjects. I am the Ancient. I am the Land.

Overhead the clouds darken and thunder echoes through the valley.

You've made your performance, now permit me mine! Ireena! Come to your betrothed!

Inside, Ireena's eyes take on a glazed, thousand-yard-stare appearance. Wordlessly she begins to head toward the front door of the church.

Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
(Jesus Christ ease up on the novels)

I follow Snerp

Earth
Earth
-->
@drafterman
Say to Strahd: "So your Strahd. I expected more."
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
Ismarck grab her (I'll help) Donavich we need to leave now!  Which way?!
(we'll carry her out and anyone else who wants to help may, Snerp, was nice knowin ya)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
Eikka restrains Ireena. She shouts to Ismark help me you fool!
drafterman
drafterman
(The only way out is through the front door)

Eikka, Roberts, and Ismark grab Ireena and (gently) pull her back into the chapel. Outside Strahd frowns, then smiles.

Very well.

Strahd raises his hand and makes a quick motion with the flick of a wrist. Inside the church, in the room with the trap door leading to the undercroft, the group hears the sound of wood breaking. He then addresses Grahf and Snerp.

You might want to go help your friends, now.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
(pull silvered short sword)
(once he's in l.o.s. first attack Chromatic Orb, fire type damage)
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(You need a 50gp diamond in order to use Chromatic Orb)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
The... "face" I do believe it is called? I've met your kind before. You think you can sway the people with but a wink? Whip up the people into a revolutionary frenzy with a mere word and the strum of your instrument?

Snerp laughs,

who says I planned on whipping the people up into a frenzy? For being so ancient you are quite unaware that faces can take on multiple appearances. I need not whip up the people into a frenzy, I need only wait till you think you've won, and bury a dagger in your back when you let your guard down. 

Watch yourself Strahd, because Faces can be anyone and anything they so choose... and now you've got one after you. 

He winks at Strahd, then goes back into the church.

We must barricade the door so Ireena cannot escape during the fight that is to come!
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
(oh, well dam, hmm, ah I didn't see the components, what is V, S, verbal and something I suppose)(ok found it)(magic missile then next would be draw the short sword)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Snerp yells out to Grahf, Roberts, and Ismarck, as he drags a pew over to in front of the temple doors.

Help me barricade the doors! Somebody knock Ireena out already! If she's unconscious she can't very well move now can she? 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
@Earth
@TheDredPriateRoberts
@kindertina
Somebody needs to knock Ireena unconsciois, ASAP.
Earth
Earth
Tch. Fine. I go back in and meet with everyone. Should we bring Ireena with us? Is Strahd just fucking with us or does he intend to take Ireena?
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(the place it too rotted and run down, we can't hope to barricade, we will have to fight, he couldn't escape before, but now he's given him extra strength or something,  He'll dig through the wood with his fingers, you may slow him down a bit, but you won't stop him with it.)
Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
(Don't we have rope?} {Just tie her up mate, but that'll make it easy for Strahd to take her.)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
Ismark doesn't appear armed or a fighter, he can probably take care of her, I don't think he'll be much use to us combat wise, guess we'll see what he says.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Earth
( yes we/I have rope)
kindertina
kindertina
-->
@drafterman
I cast sleep on Ireena