Quasi Dungeons and Dragons

Author: drafterman

Total: 4,160
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
Ismark: I do not know why he seeks her. All I know is that he does. For some reason he has set his sights on her. In two occasions he has caught her out-of-doors but...

Ireena: I don't remember what happened. When I think about those events, I can remember nothing specific, other than his eyes aflame with desire.

Ismark: ...so as you can see, as capable as my sister is, Strahd has some sort of... sway over here. As far as Krezk, I do not know much about it, except that it is much further away (and therefore much more dangerous to reach) and we must pass Vallaki to get there anyway. I know that Vallaki is fortified, and the reports from the burgomaster there are that they people live in some semblance of happiness and freedom from Strahd's oppression.
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(yes windmill/Maggi though if we can question her (doubtful) that might be really beneficial for us, camp, yes)

How many Vistani would we expect to be at the camp?  I prefer to dispatch them all, we may have to get someone to sneak instead.  Is there anything of note about the pool?
drafterman
drafterman
Ireena: "Dispatch them"?! You mean kill them all? I meant purchase or rent the horses!
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
Ireena, Ismark, Donavich the distance may help for a while but this must stop, this evil must be stopped.

My friend is not wrong, you'll just have to excuse him. He's quite distrustful at times and likely is worried the vistani might be spies for Strahd and send message of our travels. I hope you can forgive him for it.

But once we take you both where you wish to go, I at least intend on confronting Strahd. I have no plans on being stuck in this land forever. There is still too much of the world left to see! 

Stopping by and putting a stop to Maggie seems sensible considering it is along our way

Snerp sizes up Ireena, a serious expression on his face.

You look like you can handle yourself in a fight, I take it you can?
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
Oh, my understanding is they are part of the problem luring people here.  But if you are certain that they would not report your whereabouts, attempt or aid in your capture then so be it.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(yes windmill/Maggi though if we can question her (doubtful) that might be really beneficial for us, camp, yes

(If i had picked up a charm spell, maybe. But hard to imagine she is gonna wanna talk to us.)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(was thinking more of interrogating rather than talking, I should have used quotes lol)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
was thinking more of interrogating rather than talking, I should have used quotes lol)

(You'd have to restrain Snerp cause he'd plunge a dagger in her chest at first opportunity. He's not in the mood for talking to Maggie 😂.)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(Snerp can always do that after and if we get any information......while I may promise not to kill.......well if you've watched enough movies, you know how this works muahahaha)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
 Snerp can always do that after and if we get any information..

(The only information that I think there would be to gain from Maggie is which townsfolk are conspiring with her. But I suspect the shopkeep regardless.)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(She could be operating under direction or the benefit of Strahd.  Maybe she's been inside the castle or has some information as to what this is all about....enhanced interrogations.....take your time, have fun with it :))
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
take your time, have fun with it 

(Ur free tool, I'm not one for torture 😂)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(come come now, hag teeth are probably worth a lot of money)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(*free too* not tool. Hopefully you didn't think i was insulting you 😂. Hag teeth prolly are, I didn't say Snerp couldn't be convinced to step aside for a little bit 😏)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(maw I knew what you meant lol)
drafterman
drafterman
Ireena: Yes, some of the Vistani actively spy for and aid Strahd, and there is no denying that they all benefit from his favoritism towards them. But that doesn't meanthey all deserve death. What do you propose to do: orphan all of their children? Or "accidentally" arrange for their deaths as well? With that last remark she gives a small glance toward Snerp.

Ismark: Regardless, they wouldn't be very good spies if we knew which of them they are. So, no, we can't guarantee that any specific Vistana will not report our whereabouts.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
 What do you propose to do: orphan all of their children? Or "accidentally" arrange for their deaths as well

No of course not! I wouldnt suggest such a thing.

Snerp laughs to break the tension

But perhaps keeping the presence of you two a secret while horses are rented would be a good idea given certain Vistani do spy for Strahd.. 2 or 3 of us can rent horses while the others wait a distance ahead in hiding. 

We should also stay out of sight as we leave town and perhaps stick away from main roads before we're a safe distance away from Ravenloft. Then we ride fast to Velleki. 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
(I of course volunteer to stay with Ireena and Ismarck if that's what we choose to do 😏. I just realized I can disuise them with my kit too tho lol.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(We have 245 g from our sales. No idea how much renting horses will be xD)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
Very well, let's be off then.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(yeah no idea, probably expensive, hard to imagine they get much business given the state of things......)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
@Earth
@kindertina
(what do you guys think? Disguise Ismarck and Ireena or split up while horses are rented/bought?)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
(Eikka doesn't ride)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
(how fast of a sprinter is she? 😂)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
(Horses can't gallop all that long. 
Eikka can keep up)

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
(but if we should have to skedaddle shes gonna have to jump on 😂)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
(She might do that in an emergency.)

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
How much are horses at the Vistani camp? 

Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
(👍👍👍)
drafterman
drafterman
Ismark: Disguises are a good idea, but I have a feeling that if Strahd wants to know where we are at, he has ways of finding that out.

With that statement, there are two firm and heavy knocks at the door to the church.