Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@drafterman
(I didn't loot the church)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
if the villagers come and can't be "persuaded" I will throw you under the bus, since you'd fit under it so easily lol

(Ismarck is the town leader. My bet is he'd vouch regardless that we just got into town and couldn't of kidnapped whoever or whatever was thumping in the sack. Especially if they've been missing awhile. 

I think the performance check will work anyways. I still have inspiration to use if it fails on Ismarck particularly. I think he's prolly the most important one to convince. Given that we've agreed to help Ireena too, he'll likely see reason. 👏👏)

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(worst case scenario if it looks like it's going south I'll run 😂😂. It's night time and sneaky gnomes are sneaky 😂😂)
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
The woman continues to try and slide away from the group. She pleads as Roberts approaches. Please! Please don't hurt me anymore! Take the pies! For free! You can have as many as you want. It's all I have!

Inside the bag is a small child. It appears as if all of his bones have been shattered.
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
We can't let her get away.  While it would be best to take her alive, not letting her get away is priority.  Let's surround her if possible. 
(is there any such thing as attack to subdue, knockout, stun, something like that?)
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(When you drop someone to 0 HP with a melee attack you can choose to knock them unconscious instead of killing them)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
(ok, I will close the distance and ready for combat anticipating she isn't going to come quietly.  in case I didn't mention it before, since I can't dual wield, I'll use the shield and longsword)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
Inside the bag is a small child. It appears as if all of his bones have been shattered.

I rush over to check to see if he is still breathing and cast cure wounds on the child regardless.

Eikka we need your help!!

Please! Please don't hurt me anymore! Take the pies! For free! You can have as many as you want. It's all I have!

We're not interested in your disgusting pies. We want to know why you had a kid in a burlap sack? You making pies out of kids? Just wait till the town hears about this Maggie my dear. 😏
drafterman
drafterman
The child is as dead as a door nail and no amount of healing magic appears to change that fact.

At Snerp's threat the woman suddenly sneers, no longer apparently in pain. Ooh, you're going to tell the town. She cackles. Who do you think gave me the child?! Take him back, the meat goes bad once they die. Trust me, little gnome, I'll be getting compensation one way or another.

Suddenly she vanishes out of sight.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
(well ain't that just ducky, let's grab the cart and bag and head to the manor, maybe he can help us out.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
The child is as dead as a door nail and no amount of healing magic appears to change that fact
I start CPR trying to imitate what I've seen Eikka do as best as I can.

Ooh, you're going to tell the town. She cackles. Who do you think gave me the child?! Take him back, the meat goes bad once they die. Trust me, little gnome, I'll be getting compensation one way or another.
Suddenly she vanishes out of sight.

I recoil at Maggie saying the town gave her the child. A hardened expression passing over my face as I stand up and and look at Roberts, my expression calm but a seething rage can be seen in my eyes. Through gritted teeth i speak to Roberts

She dies tonight and the town will be lucky if I don't decide to burn it to the ground. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
Die?  yes, but slowly.  This is no average being we are dealing with.  We must prepare and gain as much knowledge as possible before dealing with such an entity.  She was going home, perhaps once we reach the manor we'll get some answers.  Though everything seems to be a trap or something sinister, we should keep our guard up even in the manor.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Ismarck is the town leader and she's being given these kids by the town from her account. Ismarck cannot be trusted. But I agree, nonetheless we shall go, as I have some...

A sinister smile appears on my face for a brief moment before disappearing again

questions for him... 

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@secularmerlin
@Earth
@kindertina
(Anyone else want to chime in before we move to the manor?)
Earth
Earth
-->
@drafterman
(No.)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
@Buddamoose 

The child is dead my friend. I'm sorry but they are lost. Don't worry we will avenge the poor dear.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
@Buddamoose @TheDreadPirateRoberts @kindertina @earth

Seems there are fiends aplenty in this town. I think we should make them sorry we ever arrived.
drafterman
drafterman
The group regains their composure and begins heading down the south road. At the end of the road, a weary-looking mansion squats behind a rusting ironfence. The iron gates are twisted and torn. The right gatelies cast aside, while the left swings lazily in the wind.The stuttering squeal and clang of the gate repeats withmindless precision. Weeds choke the grounds and presswith menace upon the house itself. Yet, against the walls,the growth has been tramped down to create a path allabout the domain. Heavy claw markings have strippedthe once-beautiful finish of the walls. Great black markstell of the fires that have assailed the mansion. Not apane nor a shard of glass stands in any window. All thewindows are barred with planks, each one marked withstains of evil omen.

Player Summaries:
Eikka -  24/24HP - 16 AC - Channel Divinity: ⬤ | Relentless Endurance: ⭘ | Spell Slots: 1|1
✶Grahf - 20/28 HP - 16 AC - Breath Weapon: ⬤ | Divine Sense: 3  | Channel Divinity: ⬤ | Lay on Hands: 5 | Spell Slots: 1
Luraxt - 13/17 HP - 13 AC - Arcane Recovery ⬤ | Spell Secrets ⬤ | Spell Slots: 4|2
Roberts -  28/28 HP - 19 AC - Action Surge: ⬤  | Second Wind ⬤ | Spell Slots: 2
✶Snerp - 18/18 HP - 13 AC - Bardic Inspiration: ⬤⭘ | Spell Slots: 0|2

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
Perhaps our host will kniw where to bury this sad package. hoisting the sack full of remains.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
Seems there are fiends aplenty in this town. I think we should make them sorry we ever arrived

I plan on it
Earth
Earth
-->
@drafterman
(Can a devotion Paladin loot anything in there?)
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Earth
(I don't think stealing, in general, is in line with the tenets of Devotion)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Are you sure Ismarck said he lived here? 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
@TheDredPriateRoberts
@kindertina
I walk up to the door once we get near and knock crisply, then step back, looking at Roberts

He spoke with you before, it's best you all,

I point at Grahf and Luxraxt as well

are the first faces he sees.
drafterman
drafterman
The group discerns trampledweeds all around the mansion as well as scores of wolfpaw prints and human footprints.
drafterman
drafterman
From behind the door, a female voice. Who is it?
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
From behind the door, a female voice. Who is it?

I jump forward upon hearing the female voice. 

Well hello, other members in our travelling party, Roberts, Grahf, and Luxraxt spoke with Ismarck earlier about a certain... proposition. We came to speak with him again and maybe rest for the night as well.

And you with the voice from my dreams. Who would you be my dear?  
drafterman
drafterman
A board covering a crack in the door is removed from the inside, revealing a dark colored eye. The board is then quickly covered up.

Ismark! There is a giant lizard, an old child, a black and white elf, and an orc saying they know you. WHAT ARE YOU UP TO NOW ISMARK?!
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Ismark! There is a giant lizard, an old child, a black and white elf, and an orc saying they know you. WHAT ARE YOU UP TO NOW ISMARK?!

I'm a gnome not a child! And not just any gnome, a well known bard in the Feywild! 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
We bringbsad tidings I'm afraid. Eikka hefts the sack. I'm afraid we were too late to save this one.