Quasi Dungeons and Dragons

Author: drafterman

Total: 4,160
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Lighten the mood? Perhaps some music will help? 
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
yes and any funny or cheerful stories as well (most any entertainment, no stripping), though food and drink is probably the best in this situation, we shall see.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
I believe thats me.
(i built my character specifically for talking to NPC's. 15 chr, persuasion, deception, performance :P, but, with the dreary atmosphere of the bar, i think some music would certainly lighten the mood and make people a bit more receptive and open to discussion.)

Might i suggest talking to the barkeep to figure out what troubles these villagers might have, while i strike up a tune my friend?

*jumps on to an empty table* 

Ladies and Gentleman, boys and girls, its your lucky day if you enjoy good music, because before you stands one of the premiere lute players in all of the Feywild! Now, I dont know if the Kagonesti Elves ever rebelled, but thats what the song is about anyways, I give you the tune, "Smells like Kagonesti Spirit". Any donations are of course, appreciated, they dont call us starving artists for no reason! 

*Begins playing a riff that matches Nirvanas "Smells like Teen Spirit"*

(I didnt create the song, still writing a few Original/Parody songs myself. Link to the song is here)
Earth
Earth
Boo! Play Free Bird!
Earth
Earth
Ask the barkeep if there is any money to be made hunting for ores in the mountain
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
The shouts and music gets the patrons' attention. Some of them actually smile and are entertained by the performance while the rest turn to their own business, mulling over cheap ale and brooding.

The stout barkeeper narrows his Snerp and grumbles something about annoying outsiders, then resumes 'cleaning' glasses - though they seem to end up dirtier than when he started.

Just as the mood seems that it might lighten a bit, the tavern door swings open, and a hushfalls over the room. Framed by the lamp-lit fog, a formstrides leans against the doorway. His brightlycolored clothes are draped in loose folds about him, andhis hat hangs askew, hiding his eyes in shadows. A heavy, booted foot fall breaks the silence as he takes a single step... then falls forward collapsing to the floor with a solid thud and jingle of coins.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
*I get down from the table and walk over to the man and see if he's alive*
Earth
Earth
Under the pretense of trying to help the man, discretely slip his coins in my pack. Feel for a pulse etc and ask for a medic.

Barkeep, do you know first aid? May we have some water?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
--> @Buddamoose

Medicine skill to determin his condition... If the gnome will get out of the way.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Earth
And the wizard. 

drafterman
drafterman
The barkeep raises and eyebrow at the commotion and simply shrugs his shoulders at the question.

The man is alive and simply appears to be suffering from exhaustion. Grahf - whose purse is slightly heavier - finds olive colored skin to be cold and clammy, both from sweat and the condensation of the heavy fog. He sits up slightly and opens his eyes at the group huddled around him.

Th-Thirsty...
Earth
Earth
-->
@drafterman
Get out of the way for Merlin and fetch some water, either from the barkeep or from a table.

(Will you update allignments, Drafter?)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
A cold sweat isn't a good sign. Any visible wounds or signs of poison?
Earth
Earth
-->
@secularmerlin
It might be posionous spiders or some shit
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Earth
Relax elf it could be anything.
Earth
Earth
-->
@secularmerlin
Hahaha, what, did this guy just run a bit too long and forgot to eat dinner? We're near mountains, monsters probably got him and we will have to hunt them to protect the townsfolk
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
scratch that he might have been chased, close the door and look outside to make sure nothing is lurking about.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Earth
Look on the bright side, if there is a monster maybe we can eat it.
drafterman
drafterman
The man sits up a  bit more and appears to have caught his breath.

Yes, I came from the mountains, from a village on the other side... Please, we need your help.

He reaches the inside of his tunic and fumbles around for something.

In an accented voice he says, I have been sent to youto deliver this message. If you be creatures of honor, you will come to my master's aid at first light; It is not advisable to travel the Svalich Woods at night!

He pullsfrom his tunic a sealed letter, written in a beautiful flowing script. He presses the letter firmly into Grahf's hand.

Tomorrow, at dawn, take the west road from here some five hours marchdown through the Svalich Woods. There you will find mymaster in Barovia.

The letter reads:

Hail to thee of might and valor, I, a lowly servant of Barovia, send honor to thee. We plead for thy so desperately needed assistance. The love of my life, Ireena Kolyana, has been afflicted by an evil so deadly that even the good people of our village cannot protect her. She languishes from her wound, and I would have her saved from this menace. There is much wealth in this community. I offer all that might be had to thee and thy fellows if thou shalt but answer my desperate plea. Come quickly, for her time is at hand! All that I have shall be thine!
- Kolyan Indirovich
(Earth: I don't really track alignment)
Earth
Earth
Lets find a place for this man to catch a bit of sleep. We can set out in the morning.
Earth
Earth
-->
@drafterman
Walk around and ask other patrons if they heard about Barovia and Svalich forest.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Earth
agreed
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I disagree with waiting till the morning. This servant obviously made his way here with urgency, and the letter clearly says that this Ireena's "time is at hand". I feel it best we make haste there so as to assess her condition and determine how to save her before it is too late! 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
If it is treasure we are after, you dont get paid for not doing what was requested. If we fail, we walk away empty handed, and it seems unless we set forth quickly what time we will spend will be for naught 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@secularmerlin
@Buddamoose
@Earth
what preparations shall we make until we leave?  
I'm guessing this guy doesn't have any useful info other than what was in the letter?
Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
Mm. Know what? I agree. Maybe we should ask around about the threats and bring torches etc.
Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
@TheDredPriateRoberts
We should ask around about the forest and mountain. Maybe we can sneak by some monsters if Budda and I use minor illusion to look like them
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
@Earth
@drafterman
We should try to get more info about the area (and where we are going) from the messenger, patrons and bartender.  Any legends, lore and history about the area might serve useful.
Earth
Earth
-->
@drafterman
I head to a shop that sells torches and other goods
Earth
Earth
-->
@secularmerlin
@Buddamoose