Quasi Dungeons and Dragons

Author: drafterman

Total: 4,160
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I was able to avoid the ill effects of the ghouls, but I think whatever ill effects these may possess will be more difficult to shrug off.

(We all were able to avoid it, well those of us that were hit.the Ill effect was paralysis or some shit like that, which is a constitution save looking back at the rolls. Hopefully we learn this stuff from my attempt to investigate and identify them fully.)

Being ethereal type creatures I maybe just swinging at the wind

(True, but it wasn't the case for the specter, another ethereal creature? My guess would be you can still hit them, but we're about to hopefully find out regardless)

Earth
Earth
Yeah, fuck this noise.

I run.

TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
hmm I never attacked the specter.......and Zud had spells, I don't recall the combats for that fight.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
hmm I never attacked the specter.

(Oh shit, I looked back, you right, you never attacked it.)

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
(gee thanks Mr. "I don't wanna solo this dungeon". 😂😂)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
for now I'd rather try to protect, then perhaps if it's almost over and we are winning i will attack to see what happens, or doesn't......
Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
Maybe next time don't attack shit while we're weak.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
we didn't attack, we went to grab the cloak and orb, they attacked. And before you complain about that, we're not the ones that have been grabbing anything not bolted down that could be of value 😂😂

And weak? Maybe for a coward! But we are still more than capable of fighting these foes!

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
(also, keep in mind Drafter in essence made fun of my presumption we could run away. Being shadows, they are fast, you might not be able to outrun the one on you, then ur doubly fucked, cause ur squishy AF being a wizard. Basically, you could easily just be screwing urself here. Especially if they can move through walls and floors like in previous additions and cut you off before you get anywhere. 😂)

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
As a member of the Artisan guild I have long term goals to get us the finest weapons and equipment we can afford.  But that does come at a price.  There is also potential access to powerful people as well, at a price of course which isn't always paid in coinage.  This is a group goal as we will either succeed as a group or fail as one.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@Earth
(run where?)
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Buddamoose
(I didn't make fun of the running away idea, just that you thought that was the worst case scenario, lol)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
(also I'm gonna put out there. This area was shrouded in mist consistently. It just occurred to me, that misty/foggy weather negates the effects of sunlight, unless that's changed. Basically, we might not be able to run, cause shadows previous to 5e could move thru solid objects like other ethereal creatures. AND that's it's daytime might be irrelevant cause of the mist/fog present in this area 😐)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(true dat, where's the scooby gang when you need them!)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
(I didn't make fun of the running away idea, just that you thought that was the worst case scenario, lol)

(You're not wrong, worst case scenario would be we try to flee and/or use the sunlight to our advantage just to find out we either can't flee and/or the sunlight does nothing. So then we're even further damaged with no significant change to the situation and die with haste, GG, quest over, adventurers got rekt before even hitting level 3 😂😂)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
(I've not been in a game where an early group death happened, unless intentional as a part of the story, I don't plan on having this be the first 😂😂)
drafterman
drafterman
(Assuming you guys survive, I'll say you're good for a long rest, lol)
Earth
Earth
-->
@drafterman
Well. Fuck. Just Radiant Chill hand the nearest Shadow.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
(Assuming you guys survive, I'll say you're good for a long rest, lol)

Level up pl0x. Don't wanna long rest personally until we can combine it with a level up and come out of it at full capacity and some new spells/abilities we can use right away 😏💯👌. This dungeon is doing it's damndest to stop that though 😂😂.)
drafterman
drafterman
(I've been thinking that over and I'm going to change that. You get all slots and hps when you level)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
for now I'd rather try to protect, then perhaps if it's almost over and we are winning i will attack to see what happens, or doesn't......

(The specter didn't have a physical immunity tho, just a resistance? It's worth attacking just to see fmpov. If that fails we disengage and sprint to the room with the chandelier so I can try lighting it to remove the potential combat advantage shadows get in the dark perhaps? Have you considered using the silver shortsword perhaps?)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
Looks like I'm facing the shadows more or less by myself. If I can I strike the two closest to me. Can I cast while spirit weapon does it's thing?
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
(I'm gonna be attacking post this round. Just gotta figure out specific attributes of what we're facing 👌)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
@Earth
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(if these guys are standard shadows they do 2d6+2 damage on hits and sap 1d4 strength... and yes, they are resistant to physical damage(but not immune...e) jesus they could one shot Earth, Merlin, and I if they are standard shadows with some good rolls 😐😐. Good news is they are vulnerable to radiant tho lol.

This is pending the actual check, but Merlin and I will have to have use our heals it looks like.)

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@secularmerlin
(The spell uses a bonus action, so you still have your action to act normally. And I'll do a combat post in a few hours)
Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
This will hurt, won't it?
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
(it very easily could hurt like hell and see three of us die in one round. Let's pray for some good rolls for us and bad rolls for the shadows hombre😐🙇)
drafterman
drafterman
(At the moment I have everyone attacking but snerp, and eikka is using spiritual weapon)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(use the silver shortsword. I was so focused on other stuff being magical that never even thought of the sword potentially being magical(such as having the undead slayer enchantment or otherwise. But silver swords are usually a +1 regardless.)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
I  will,  though  I  will loose the weapon  proficiency  bonus.