Quasi Dungeons and Dragons

Author: drafterman

Total: 4,160
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
Snerp steps forward and bows, we are but humble travelers not from this land. I am Snerp Finkleskitzle, pleased to meet you. What are your names if I may ask?
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
we'd need some major contacts in an appropriate religion/guild, resurrect is powerful and probably not all the common, or cheap)

(True, the abbey in Krezk seems a likely place fmpov. Lathander(Morninglord) is all about stuff like that.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
The first guard pulls back his pike and presses his face against the bars to get a better look at the group.

Guard 1: Well, look at this Anton, the circus is in town! They must be here for the festival! They've got a man-lady, an old-child, some sort of giant lizard, and some sort of exotic elf. This one's gonna be a good one, I tell ya!

Anton: It'll be as dismal as the festival he threw last week, Boris. And the one before that. And the one before that!

Boris: Ssh! Talk like that will get you put in stocks for sure. 'Specially if Izek hears you. Anyway, should we let this lot in?

Anton: Sure. I like a good midget act.

The guards back away and open up the gates to allow passage.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
(wellll....)

Snerp walks by and into Vallaki.
Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
(Maybe we can just use a ressurection for Ismark.)
Earth
Earth
-->
@drafterman
Did Grahf try to comfort Ireena over Ismark's death?
drafterman
drafterman

Anton: If you're looking for a place to hitch up for the night, just follow the road to the center of town and look for the Blue Water Inn.

The group hears the clang of the gates behind them. As they get a few feet inside the town, Ireena dismounts her horse.

Ireena: I think... I think I will take my leave of you. I will find the Burgomaster and ask to stay with him while I consider what I should do. I liked to think I was fending for myself, but in reality I depended on Ismark for a lot, even if his best intentions went... awry. And, to be honest, I do not like the look of you all anymore. Your foolhardiness got my brother killed despite our warnings. So arrogant... thinking you're the strongest in this valley.

She shakes her head sadly.

I know your hearts were in the right place. I just wish your heads were. I hope the price of my brother's life is worth the lesson you've learned.

With that, Ireena heads down one of the many alleys of Vallaki.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Earth
(That would have been for you to decide)
Earth
Earth
(Really don't think we should let her go.)
Earth
Earth
-->
@drafterman
To the guards: Dear sirs, are there any prominent religious groups or medical organizations in the city?
drafterman
drafterman
Boris: The Church of St. Andrals is on the far side of town, near the Sunset Gate. (N1)
Earth
Earth
-->
@drafterman
Thank you, Boris

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
Snerp runs after Ireena

Wait!, He yells as he darts after her, acrobatically weaving his way through the crowd somehow managing to not run into anyone. 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
(Really don't think we should let her go.)

(Agreed, I'll see what i can do to persuade her.)
drafterman
drafterman
Ireena stops and sighs. What? We're here. You got me here "safely." That's the end of our arrangement.
Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
(We should check out the church ASAP as well.👍)
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
(I'll pump the guards for the usual info, any potential guild contacts here?  What we have learned so far, that information must be worth something to someone.....just have to find the right interested party(s). )
drafterman
drafterman
(Well, everything you've learned so far is that this valley has been isolated from the rest of the world for a few centuries now, so any "guild" contacts would be significantly outdated, assuming there is even any kind of connection).

Roberts chats with the guards while Snerp chases down Ireena. Roberts gets the general layout of the city and learns some interesting tid bits.

Notable Locations:
  • St. Andral's Church (N1)
  • Blue Water Inn (N2)
  • Burgomaster's Mansion (N3)
  • Arasek Stockyard (N5)
Rumors and Info
  • Another stranger from outside the valley has come to Vallaki, specifically for the upcoming festival;
  • The burgomaster, Baron Vargas Vallkovich has decreed that the Festival of the Blazing Sun will be held in the town square in three days (Anton and Boris have mixed feelings as to whether this is a good thing or bad thing.
  • The wolves and dire wolves have been particularly aggressive as of late, which has resulted in profit for local hunters and trappers.
  • There is a lake north of town (Lake Zarovich) but the threat of wolves make fishing there too dangerous, as well as sightings of someone called "The Mad Mage."
  • There isn't much around the town, save for a Vistani camp and a haunted mansion (out the western, Sunset Gate) and the ruins of an abandoned town to the south.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
(let's visit the Vistani camp since we need to return the horses anyway, perhaps they have some different information)

(we could possibly make some coin, thinning the wolves from around the lake)
(find the mad mage)
(haunted mansion sounds like a premade death for us)

drafterman
drafterman
As the sun sets, the guards lock and bar the gate.
Earth
Earth
Lets check out the stockyard while we're and ask around at the church.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Ireena stops and sighs. What? We're here. You got me here "safely." That's the end of our arrangement.

You can leave, or you can go. Our arrangement only ever stood so long as you agreed to it. But Ismarcks death does not mean he is fully gone. There are ways to return him to life. I wanted to offer for you to join us, and help, and get help, in finding that way. 

Snerp bows his head in shame, as he continues,

I could certainly understand not wanting to. You were not wrong in it being foolish to stop and try to kill the hags. And that's my fault for being insistent on it. You see, when I was younger I had a sister, she got kidnapped and we never found her again. I was not of sound mind and the similarities compromised my sense and caution. The blame for that lies on me and I'm truly sorry. Whether you choose to go, or choose to help, I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me, forgive us, for what has happened 😢.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
haunted mansion sounds like a premade death for us)

(Sounds like a dungeon is what it sounds like. The mad mage sounds like, "we get ourselves wrecked by a high level NPC" time. 

On this episode the adventuring gang and Snerpy Doo investigate a haunted mansion? 😂.)

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
Some place to rest first.
drafterman
drafterman
Ireena: I understand your words, Snerp, but I need... time to think. Come visit me at the burgmaster's in a day or two. With that, she heads off down the street.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
(most def. What we should do is stick around for that festival. We can also talk to the burgomaster and i can offer my services as a bard in his upcoming festival. 

If we investigate around me getting a set for a concert in the festival would provide a convenient opportunity to potentially charm anyone who needs to be to get more info or something else out of them maybe. Idk, spitballing. But me being a bard gives us inroads to talking to the Burgomaster.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
I understand your words, Snerp, but I need... time to think. Come visit me at the burgmaster's in a day or two

(plus now we have a day or two to burn. 😏)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(hunt wolves for exp and profit!)
Earth
Earth
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(I always wonder why NPCs in RPGs job to low level mobs when they can level grind for cash and EXP.🤔 )
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
hunt wolves for exp and profit!

(How about, talk to burgomaster and get me a spot in the festival(for profit). Then hunt wolves(for profit). Perhaps use a day to investigate haunted mansion(for potential loot and profit. Maybe check out "Mad Wizard" to see if he is helpful in some fashion, but idk about that 😂.)