Quasi Dungeons and Dragons

Author: drafterman

Total: 4,160
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
(remember it's milestone leveling, can't grind for exp 😐.)
secularmerlin
Debates: 0
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
Eikka not having ridden a horse goes to the chrurch.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
(that abandoned town though. Def worth checking out imho.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
Snerp travels to the inn to make arrangements for the group to stay for the night.(what's cost?)

(I'm not yet going to bed, gonna go to tavern after this.)

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
She will rest there if they have a cell available for wandering clergy. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
I spend my 'light activity' cleaning or helping out with simple tasks. I also pray to Zud for understanding of recent events.
Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
@drafterman
(I know.)

Grahf heads to the church.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(How about, talk to burgomaster and get me a spot in the festival(for profit). Then hunt wolves(for profit). Perhaps use a day to investigate haunted mansion(for potential loot and profit. Maybe check out "Mad Wizard" to see if he is helpful in some fashion, but idk about that 😂.)

(sounds good, wasn't thinking about the festival, but was actually thinking of the rest.  i like the festival idea, though we need to watch for pickpockets!  :)  )(I have no entertainment skills so.....at least nothing that currently comes to mind)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I have no entertainment skills so.....at least nothing that currently comes to mind)

(No worries, i have plenty of lute skills. Plus if we find someone who we could use more info out of, or other potential uses like greasing someone to help, or even grease the Burgomaster to pay more 😉, I can use Unearthly Chorus during the festival performance on them if we can get them in view of me when I'm mid performance to charm them friendly and double persuasion checks on them 😮👏)
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
The group follows the main road through the town. They get to the crossroads where the Inn & Tavern lie. Snerp heads into the Inn while Eikka continues on to the church.

Snerp & Crew

Gray smoke issues from the chimney of this large, two-story wooden building with a stone foundation and sagging tile roof, upon which several ravens have perched. A painted wooden sign hanging above the main entrance depicts a blue waterfall. Around the back, the group notices a stable for some horses which they temporarily stash there before heading into the main entrance.

Damp cloaks hang from pegs in the entrance portico. The tavern is packed with tables and chairs, with narrow paths meandering between them. A bar stretches along one wall, under a balcony that can be reached by a wooden staircase that hugs the north wall. Another balcony overhangs an entrance to the east. All the windows are fitted with thick shutters and crossbars. Lanterns hanging above the bar and resting on the tables bathe the room in dull orange light and cast shadows upon the walls, most of which are adorned with wolf heads mounted on wooden plaques.

The room is also packed with Vallakians, the most notable of which are two burly (but dour) looking men sitting at a far table covered with empty drinking glasses. Behind the bar is a thin and stern-looking woman.

Eikka & Co.

This slouching, centuries-old stone church has a bulging steeple in the back and walls lined with cracked, stained glass windows depicting pious saints. A fence of wrought iron encloses a garden of gravestones next to the church. A thin mist creeps among the graves.

Despite it being night, the church is occupied. Inside, Eikka sees around a dozen or so adults along with half a dozen children, all huddled near a an elderly Father assisted by a young alter boy. The priest gives his prayers to the congregation who are half-cowering, half-praying. In the corner is a brawny lad with a perpetually furrowed brow. He leans against a wall and is mindlessly fiddling with a dirt-caked shovel.

The priest notes the entrance of Eikka, but does not pause in his deliberations.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
Snerp walks over to the stern lady and bows

Good evening, we were directed here by the town guard in regards to lodging. We came for the festival and I'm in need of rooms for myself and my companion. What rooms do you have available and for what cost? 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
Eikka listens for a time. Also looks about a bit. Is this a defensible building?
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
(some house keeping, when appropriate I would like to weapon bond my long sword and if possible purchase a longbow and arrows)
drafterman
drafterman
The lady leans over the bar to look down at Snerp. She gives an amused smile.

Lady: You are with circus, for festival, Nyet? Very amusink. You may stay here. We have many rooms on second floor. Bed for night costs 5 silver. Comes with hot beet soup and fresh bread, no addityional charge. If you have hyorses, stabling is 1 silver per night. If you want more food and drink, we haf wine and deelicious wolf steak. Very good. Very fresh.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(I have 245 gold on me from the sales in the first town. I started with 15. That'll be split 5 ways after a 10% group fee to be saved for a rainy occasion.

Although, I would advise subtracting the 200gp needed to silver a couple weapons for you and grahf. But that's up to the group as a whole.

drafterman
drafterman
The building is very much like the church of Barovia, but is clearly in better condition. The walls are thick and made of stone. Save for the stained glass windows, infiltrating this building would take siege equipment.

Father: Don't fear, my children. The spirit of St. Andral protects this village and always well. This is a safe place.

Father leaves the tending to the congregation to the alter boy as he makes his way through the crowd toward Eikka and Grahf and gives a small bow.

Father: Greetings, I am Father Lucian Petrovich. Even though you are clearly outsiders, I can recognize those of faith. How can I be of service?
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(I'm not sure silvered weapons are in our immediate future, unless we get them already made.....one way or another ;)   )
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
Why thank you, we'll need 5 beds. We aren't actually with the circus, but I came to talk to the Burgomaster about putting on a concert for the festival, as I am a traveling bard.

Snerp pulls out his lute and begins to play a classic Turami melody in staccato(This Turami melody sounds very much like Flamenco), his fingers dancing across the strings as he continues to speak while raising his eyebrow and smirking,

Perhaps you and I can make a business arrangement for me to put on a performance here tonight, draw in some business for you, make some money for my companions and I alongside that? 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Buddamoose
Eikka has no real use for wealth beyond simple comforts. Protecting our friends seems like a good use of our money. I have a bag of silver shavings too should we make a "donation" to the church in exchange for holy water?
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
@drafterman
(don't forget the 2 men)
(do their clothing or anything about them give an indication of where they might be from?  or occupation, like wolf trophy hunters or something like that?)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
don't forget the 2 men)

(I haven't, but they seem more ur size and realm of people to talk to tbh 😂.)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
Greetings father. I seek nothing more than a placed to rest a corner to pray in and a task to fulfill to repay your kindness.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(perhaps, they may be interested in sharing information, we can explore that once everything else has been done and caught up)
drafterman
drafterman
Blue Water Inn

[Snerp Performance Check: d20 (11) + 4 = 15]

The steady murmur of the inn quiets as Snerp plays his lute. When he is finished a number of patrons toss some coppers (15) his way. The lady behind the bar smiles.

Lady: Very nice. We haf big room up stairs. Four beds. Good, da? Only business we do is for wine and steak. You kyan play here, keep whatever money you make. Rictavio might not like competition! She laughs.

St. Andrals

A thoughtful look passes over Lucien's face as he eyes you two up. He politely motions for you to join in him one of his side rooms.

Lucien: There is something you can help with, yes, but it requires... discretion.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
I had it in mind to tend garden or mend pews but if something is the matter then speak I will consider your words.
Earth
Earth
(Someone needs to tail Ireena and makes sure shes fine.)

Follow Lucien's cue and follow him to a side room. Whatever room I end up in, whats in it? Is there a trap door? Assuming we have privacy in the room, ask about Wish/True Resurrection and happenings around town.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
@Buddamoose @TheDreadPirateRoberts @kindertina @earth 

Someone needs to tail Ireena and makes sure shes fine.

Not it!
Earth
Earth
-->
@secularmerlin
(Snerp should do it)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
The steady murmur of the inn quiets as Snerp plays his lute. When he is finished a number of patrons toss some coppers (15) his way

(Gonna be living high on the hog tonite 💯, drinks on me 😂)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Earth
(she said to come in a few days, if anything happened to her in a town with guards etc, it wouldn't be anything we could do much about tbh)