Hot
Total: 65
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@ILikePie5

Trump didn’t cause COVID
He absolutely did. China was punishing him because of his tariffs. The low intellect scum (trumpers) can't see this.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
The low intellect scum...

Tell us how you really feel about deplorables, Hillary.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

You post on Truth Social, don't you? I saw one post that showed an old photograph of Kamala Harris and Hillary Clinton together, with a comment below reading “Funny how blowjobs impacted their careers differently…”   Was that you?   Oh wait, that was Trump.
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@FLRW
He absolutely did. China was punishing him because of his tariffs. The low intellect scum (trumpers) can't see this.
Lol keep calling us deplorables
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
Trump didn’t cause COVID
[FLRW] He absolutely did. China was punishing him because of his tariffs. The low intellect scum (trumpers) can't see this.

I have a new question: Does anyone take FLRW seriously?
FLRW
FLRW
Trump has long used nicknames for many of his political opponents, including “Crooked Hillary” for 2016 opponent Hillary Clinton.
Well, my nickname for Trump is Fatbum Trump.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty

You graduated from Trump University, right?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
The low intellect scum

Lol keep calling us deplorables
Lol, worked for Hillary so well.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
I have a new question: Does anyone take FLRW seriously?

Comedic relief I guess.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
@ILikePie5
This thread, like most of your threads, attempts to understand anti-Kamala people using your own projected biased premises. It's never going to work. You started with a premise that they take hyperbole seriously.
The premises that I started with are as follows:

1) A serious person is one who’s words should be taken seriously

2) President of the United States is a serious position

3) Serious positions should be filled by serious people

What this thread attempts to understand is whether there is a good faith reason why someone would act against these three premises. So far, nothing.

Maybe if you didn't take Trump's hyperbole so seriously, then the double standard would go away.
The double standard is pretending that Harris has a responsibility to offer serious solutions and proposals while Trump threatens to stick the military in radical left lunatics and we all shrug because nothing this man says matters.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@ILikePie5
There are police reports.
Prove it.

Maybe. I personally would like it if he prosecuted Biden, Hillary, etc. Fight fire with fire.
If only you guys had evidence.

You asked me what I think. I don’t know what he’s going to do. That’s his whole appeal. No one knows what he’s going to do.
Yeah, that’s the whole point.

Since when is it a virtue for the person you’d elevate into the most powerful person on earth to be so unpredictable you have no idea what he’s going to do with that power?

I don’t think you understand what the purpose of tariffs are. Come back when you learn what negotiating means with respect to tariffs.
Come back when you have an argument that’s relative to what I just said.

The economy being great isn't an action so this answer has nothing to do with this thread.
It explains why millions of people believe Trump.
Yeah, and they’re idiots.

It’s harder to grow it than get it out of a whole.
It was already growing, he didn’t do a damn thing.

Native born worker jobs are down.
Isn’t the right wing response to a particular segment of the population having less jobs that they need to get off their ass?

Trump didn’t cause COVID. And voters recognize Trump didn’t cause COVID. Blaming an economic crash on Trump because of something he couldn’t control is disingenuous, and voters recognize that.
I agree, but this is your premise. If Trump shouldn’t be held responsible for the damage Covid did to the economy then neither should Biden. 

You don’t get to have it both ways. Pick one.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Savant
I don't think everything needs to be taken seriously. 
No one is saying that, we’re talking in generalizations not absolutes.

The problem is not that Trump “speaks in hyperbole” every once in a while, it’s that this is the excuse that’s offered nearly every time he opens his mouth. At a certain point (well below the threshold Trump crossed years ago) you just become an unserious person, which in any sane world would disqualify you from running for public office. But here we are.

I can't take Kamala seriously when she says "my values haven't changed"
I don’t disagree with that. The problem is that this wouldn’t be a problem for her at all if you put her in the same vane as you put Donald Trump. It’s only an issue for Kamala to the point you’d bring It up here because people hold her to a standard where she supposed to offer something better than that. That’s what it means and what it looks like to be treated as a serious person. Yet no one holds Trump to that standard, not even close. My question for those who support him is, why? How do you justify that?
FLRW
FLRW

This should get more Christians to vote for Trump.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Double_R
The premises that I started with are as follows:

1) A serious person is one who’s words should be taken seriously

2) President of the United States is a serious position

3) Serious positions should be filled by serious people

What this thread attempts to understand is whether there is a good faith reason why someone would act against these three premises. So far, nothing.
Answer your own question as a Harris supporter lol.

The double standard is pretending that Harris has a responsibility to offer serious solutions and proposals while Trump threatens to stick the military in radical left lunatics and we all shrug because nothing this man says matters.
It’s your own side’s fault. Constant negative media coverage.

Prove it.
There is a report out there that stated a woman accused Haitians of eating their pet cat. Whether it was true or not is a different story. 

If only you guys had evidence.
Cases against Trump proved you don’t need evidence. Just a judge who is willing to do it.

Yeah, that’s the whole point.

Since when is it a virtue for the person you’d elevate into the most powerful person on earth to be so unpredictable you have no idea what he’s going to do with that power?
Worked for him last time. No new wars.

Come back when you have an argument that’s relative to what I just said.
Lol come back when you understand what it means to negotiate tariffs.

Yep we’re deplorables.

That is just laughably false. 

Isn’t the right wing response to a particular segment of the population having less jobs that they need to get off their ass?
Thanks for telling us how you truly feel about ordinary Americans.

I agree, but this is your premise. If Trump shouldn’t be held responsible for the damage Covid did to the economy then neither should Biden.

You don’t get to have it both ways. Pick one.
When did I pick both sides lol. Also the damage was done economically by the time Biden became President.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
The economy being great isn't an action so this answer has nothing to do with this thread.
It explains why millions of people believe Trump.
We got our deplorable moment. Even the person he looks up to wouldn’t say millions of Americans are idiots lol.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
@Double_R
The double standard is pretending that Harris has a responsibility to offer serious solutions and proposals while Trump....
She has more than a just responsibility to offer solutions, she also has an obligation to distance herself from Biden as the "change candidate" by denouncing the policies the past 4 years by saying basically she wanted to do better, but Biden wouldn't let her. Instead, Kamala decided to declare the past 4 years as the golden years and also declare she is Biden 2.0, just younger. All while Biden publicly says she did everything he asked her to do happily. No chance in hell she can win the swing states with this strategy. She could be running against bozo the clown and still lose. Kamala will go down with her scum buddy.
FLRW
FLRW

Trump earlier this year proposed across-the-board tariffs – taxes on imported goods — of up to 20% on all imports, along with a 60% tariff on imports from China. 
Earlier this week, Trump floated imposing even higher – “horrible,” as he put it – tariffs of as much as 100% to 200%..
Researchers estimate that even Trump’s more modest 20% to 60% tariff proposal will stick households with an average additional annual out-of-pocket expense of about $4000.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
I've always said, the person that chooses the correct lies will win.
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@ILikePie5
Worked for him last time. No new wars.
The world was mostly peaceful during Trump’s term.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@cristo71
Vegas odds on Kamala are now at 39%

I was able to buy in hard when she was at 60%
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@Greyparrot
She could be running against bozo the clown and still lose. Kamala will go down with her scum buddy.
Trump is probably the only Republican candidate Harris could possibly beat.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@cristo71
Trump is probably the only Republican candidate Harris could possibly beat.
She could have beaten Chris Christie.

Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
It’s a generalization.
Fair.

But thats the problem. When a person “frequently” speaks in hyperbole (a generous way of putting it) it makes it nearly impossible to distinguish whether they’re being serious or not.
It’s really not impossible. There’s a specific reason I used the word “pitch”… Donald Trump has the background of a businessman and a showman. When you weigh what he says against his actions with this understanding of his background in mind, it becomes easy to understand him. Hint: He’s not the demonic force the media would have you think he is. He’s essentially a shrewd 90s moderate who has two key uses for hyperbole:
1. Advertisement and voter appeal. 
2. Baiting opponents into conceding his  broader points.

That being said, you have a slight point here.

Some people are going to misinterpret what he says. That is the risk of hyperbole, some people are going to miss it. Those people are dimwits.

However, I would be remiss if didn’t mention that there’s more to the story here. I notice a lot of people, who are otherwise smart enough to detect hyperbole regularly, miss Trump’s hyperbole. This explains the sheer amount of people who misunderstand Trump, since most people aren’t dimwits. So what’s really going on here?

To the untrained eye, this looks like it backs up your point. If average to intelligent people are misunderstanding Trump, clearly he must be communicating incorrectly, right? Then I notice the hyperboles and other statements that you repeatedly misunderstand, like “fight like hell” on Jan 6.

This was an obvious hyperbole that has been used many times elsewhere, yet the media wanted us all to believe that the man who told his protestors to be “peaceful and patriotic” and told rioters to cease rioting over Twitter, somehow deliberately incited a whole riot and those words that give us a window into his actual thoughts are just an intentional misdirect. Orange man bad, don’t ask questions, please only take him seriously when it benefits our narrative, and not when it disproves it.

It is here where the problem reveals itself: The leftoid media, in promoting their “orangemanbad” narrative, has taught a whole host of midwits to prioritize bad faith interpretations of Trump’s words, as opposed to noticing the hyperbole and adopting a more realistic approach to interpreting Trump…

So in the end what we get is a person whose supporters take whatever meaning out of his words they find convenient and hand waive away anything that can’t be positively spun, which is exactly where we are now. It’s a game of heads I win tails you lose.
… so in the end what we actually get is statements like this where you confuse obvious and good faith interpretations for “hand waiving things away.”

Meanwhile, because Kamala Harris is taken seriously everything she says gets put under a microscope and held to an insane double standard.
Does Kamala Harris use hyperbole like Trump? All politicians do to some degree, but I think we can both agree she doesn’t use it like Trump does, otherwise you wouldn’t have made this thread.

Nonetheless, I’m sure the rightoid media has taken some things she has said out of context. I haven’t forgotten the whole “you didn’t build that” thing from over a decade ago. Modern news media sucks.

Even so, I’ve seen some of Kamala Harris’s interviews and have a good idea of what her policies are. I am definitely voting for Trump this November.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Double_R
Tag again
Savant
Savant
-->
@Double_R
The problem is that this wouldn’t be a problem for her at all if you put her in the same vane as you put Donald Trump. It’s only an issue for Kamala to the point you’d bring It up here because people hold her to a standard where she supposed to offer something better than that.
Obviously Trump supporters are going to use all the ammo they can find against Kamala, and Kamala supporters are going to use all the ammo they can find against Trump. Double standards are how people support their candidate.

no one holds Trump to that standard, not even close
Plenty of Democrats do. If they're not talking about something Trump said, they're criticizing him for something else. He also gets a lot of criticism internationally. Kamala gets more coverage now because she's a newer candidate for president this cycle and hasn't been president already.

I also think most politicians aren't sincere at all most of the time, such that even if we're talking in generalities, you can throw the accusation at most politicians. That doesn't justify Trump's craziness, but it explains why a politician would behave like he does. If you're looking for candidates to vote against, there are plenty of them around.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
-->
@Double_R
Do you take the things Trump says seriously?
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Sometimes he uses deliberate hyperbole, sometimes he voices a spur-of-the-moment opinion he hasn't actually committed to, and so on.

If No (the typical MAGA response), then can you please explain how you square your belief that someone whose words are not to be taken seriously can be fit for the most serious job on earth?
This is a radical concept, I know. Surely you're going to accuse me of spreading right-wing misinformation for saying something so audacious. But here goes:

Trump has been President of the United States before, in the real and recent past. He is re-applying for a job position that he previously held for a full term. Yes, this is the truth. It must be shocking, I know.

Trump was POTUS for 4 consecutive years, four years during which the most bonkers and unhinged takes he made on the campaign trail didn't typically correspond to actual White House policy. He didn't withdraw from NATO. In fact, he approved Montenegro's accession in 2017. He didn't start WW3. He didn't nuke any countries, or tear up the constitution and make himself Caesar.

Unlike VP Harris, who has never spent one day as President and who's been reluctant to roll out her policy agenda, the world knows from 4 years of experience what to expect from Trump. More tariffs, finishing the wall and being harder on illegal immigration than Biden was, probably following the lead of the GOP on Ukraine in practice while bitching about it on Twitter or Truth Social from time to time, and so on.

He might reinstate Schedule F, which is understandably controversial unlike the rest of the "Project 2025" scaremongering rhetoric, but I can understand why he'd want this after four years of rogue executive branch bureaucrats working nonstop to sabotage and humiliate him (see the constant slew of White House leaks during his term, for example). The insubordination he faced from his own people was exceptional, so it's not unthinkable that he should be given an exceptional tool with which to resolve the issue. If you don't want the President having this power, then Congress should've acted to set up a body independent of the President's authority that would identify and punish rogue staffers. Their refusal is tantamount to permission ceded.
FLRW
FLRW
Fewer people express confidence in Trump than in other world leaders. Of the five world leaders asked about in the survey, German Chancellor Angela Merkel gets the most positive rating, with a median of 46% expressing confidence in her handling of world affairs. Only around three-in-ten express confidence in Trump (29%) – similar to the share who voice confidence in Chinese President Xi Jinping (28%). However, the share of people who express no confidence in Trump is higher (64%) than it is for all of the other world leaders asked about.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Merkel lost her election, just like Kamala will.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@ILikePie5
Answer your own question as a Harris supporter
What question?

It’s your own side’s fault.
It's our fault that you hold her to a higher standard than Trump? What?

Prove it.
There is a report out there that stated a woman accused Haitians of eating their pet cat. Whether it was true or not is a different story. 
First off all, bullshit. I've searched for this, can't find it. Apparently you can't either cause you couldn't provide it. What started this whole thing was a woman accusing her Haitian neighbor of stealing and eating her cat on social media. She found her cat hiding in her basement or somewhere like 2 days later and apologized to her neighbor but by then this fake sorry had already gone viral.

All that aside, Trump is a former president running to be president again who, on a national debate stage, accused an entire community within a specific town of eating their neighbor's pets all based on one police report from one person making one unproven allegation, and you think that's ok? You think that is something a serious person does?

Cases against Trump proved you don’t need evidence. 
The evidence against him in every one of his indictments is overwhelming.

Worked for him last time.
The last time I took my car to 120 I ended up getting to my destination safe and in record time. According to your logic that means it's better to drive at 120.

You wouldn't make such a ridiculous argument in any other area of your life.

Yep we’re deplorables.
Still crying over what Hilary Clinton said 9 years ago. Never seen a bigger group of snowflakes in my life.

That is just laughably false. 
Do you have an argument to support that, or just a lazy empty declaration?

the damage was done economically by the time Biden became President.
That's absurd. Do you seriously have no understanding of how many businesses closed permanently because of COVID? Do you know what the supply chain is.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
She has more than a just responsibility to offer solutions, she also has an obligation to...
When you hold Trump to the same standards you hold Harris I will care to read the rest of what you have to say.