Question for Trump Supporters (2)

Author: Double_R

Total: 99
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Owen_T
Was the January 6th "prostest" peaceful?
No, the violent police shot and killed an unarmed woman. So it wasn't peaceful.

Next question: Does Donald Trump respect American Democracy?
Yes, he allowed a primary vote for his party, unlike his opponent, who doesn’t respect the idea that everyday working man party members should have more influence in choosing the candidate than the donor class.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

Mr. Trump tweeted at 2:24 pm, after the riot was under way: “Mike Pence didn't have the courage to do what should have been done.”
Trump and his voters are criminals that tried to overthrow the US government.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
They will overthrow your government in November now.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
I wonder if you will be this loyal to your party after Kamala loses in November when nearly any other candidate would have easily beaten her in a contested open convention.
Believe it or not, not everyone cares about owning the other side. Some people actually do care about the constitution and the country. I know, shocking.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Savant
Does that make him fit for the most serious job on earth? Well, there's a part of Trump's base that would rather have someone unprofessional, because it means that he's taking shots at "the system." Basically, if the media and the Democrats hate him, he must be doing something right.
I get that this is how they think, and I thinks it's absurd. But rather than just call people names I'm trying to gain a better understanding by forever assuming I'm the one who doesn't get it. What I get instead is just affirmation that people are ignorant and/or delusional.

What you just described is exactly the TDS that people accuse the left of. If you inherited a fortune 500 company would your metric for who should run the company be that he's a total asshole who insults people, and would you deem unprofessionalism a must? No sane rational person would, and the funny thing is that to the vast majority of Trump voters they know this because they wouldn't accept that in anyone else either.

But for some reason Trump gets a pass. Trump doesn't live by the rules that apply to everyone else in America, in fact for Trump those rules are entirely backwards. The things everyone likes about him are the things that are considered disqualifying for anyone else.

JD Vance is a great example of this. At the debate he refused to answer whether Trump lost, he has been stuck having to answer for it ever since. See Vance doesn't get the pass Trump does, he doesn't get to pretend to be a complete imbecile, he doesn't get to just lie in a way that isn't remotely believable even to MAGA. So why does Trump? What is it about this man?
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@RemyBrown
Because to them, politics is a joke; it's a team sport.
That's my take as well, but I'm trying to give someone a chance to help me see it differently. One can hope.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Yeah, I guess voters are really tired of the zippy gaslight gotchas from the left too. Hopefully, voters remember that the constitutional remedy for the shitshow economy run the past 4 years is to flip the Congress. Then we can put the country before Ukraine, Israel, and illegal invaders. Constitutionally. An improvement where we won't have a subpar VP deciding every legislative action.
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Double_R
rofl, taking underdog seriously. That's desperate. You normally know better.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
This election is making a lot of them desperate. Underdog....Dick Cheney....