Author: Casey_Risk

Read-only
Total: 223
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Bullish
I am 12 Angry Men. I am governor, I can nullify a lynch (of someone who is not me) and skip the nightphase. This is because in the film, the jury returns not guilty based on the doubt of only 1 juror.
I'm a big fan of this movie. It's not the Governor (see the role on Mafia Universe), but it's obviously confirmable. Makes some sense based on the justification, at least more than mine.

Bullish
Debates: 0
Bullish
-->
@whiteflame
we have to keep the colors together
damn when did whiteflame get so edgy? def a scum tell
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Bullish
damn when did whiteflame get so edgy? def a scum tell
I'm a known racist and Jewish supremacist. Deal.

AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
Consolidating some reads (I will provide more detail, just exhausted from an unreasonable amount of schoolwork assigned by teachers who seem to believe all the other teachers are giving students a free ride).

-Pie's pressure and aggression is NAI for him really. Did like him following up and stuff and considering claims, e.g. being skeptical of a potential Lawyer
-Earth/Cerulean both town for how they handled the claim and willingness to fullclaim
-I think Bullish's claim is real for how oddly specific it is (from a mod psyche point of view, variants of common roles are disproportionately real claims). Skipping the night phase is odd though.
-Wylted slightly towny for what seems like a real, albeit unorthodox attempt to solve, but want to see more breadth, single issue voting is easy to fake.
-Banana slightly towny for not paying attention to instructions, usually scum are a bit more cooperative with "easy" stuff like character claiming. Same with Moozer.

-Null on Luna, WF, Owen so far.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Bullish
Hm, a Governor that can simply restart the day is actually *extremely* powerful, because it basically gives town a free win if the

-Governor survives to LYLO without claiming
-The Governor doesn't get wagoned in LYLO

since they can bait a quickhammer, out all the mafia, and then restart the day consequence free.

This has me hesitating a bit on Bullish, because it would make sense as a sort of non-mechanically affecting but town-confirming role that I could see Casey giving - 3 v 8, in traditional setupmaking, is fairly scumsided, so usually town has a ton of mechanical power while mafia have more symbolic roles.

Bullish, is your role disabled in LYLO/MYLO?
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Follow up - can you reverse your own lynch?
Bullish
Bullish
-->
@AustinL0926
There's a stipulation that I personally could not have voted for the person I'm going to pardon. Also I can't pardon myself. So it's functionally disabled at lylo.
Owen_T
Debates: 28
Owen_T
-->
@annabanana20
What genre is you're movie? You only provided a ten year window. 
Owen_T
Debates: 28
Owen_T
*your. 

I'm so sorry. That was a disgrace to grammar. 
WyIted
Debates: 29
WyIted
-->
@Earth
There's no point in pressuring someone who isn't here, but if Bullish pops in, I'll press him, although I think he'll comply.
This logic is what makes it good strategybfornscum to just ignore the dp. Is that a strategy we should reward?
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Bullish
why are you scum with whiteflame?
That's something to ask Casey tbh
WyIted
WyIted
Let's test Bullish's role on me and get it out of the way if he is scum and would use it to save a scum buddy.

unvote VTL wylted
Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@whiteflame
@iamanabanana
As for why Cerulean's my scum buddy, come on: we have to keep the colors together.
All we need now is Charcoal and we've got a solid color palette going.

Hm, a Governor that can simply restart the day is actually *extremely* powerful, because it basically gives town a free win if the

-Governor survives to LYLO without claiming
-The Governor doesn't get wagoned in LYLO
This is pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

The skipping the night phase is the part that makes me a little bit nervous, because I imagine the host would add that element to a Mafia version of the role to avoid letting them have a free nightkill.

There's no point in pressuring someone who isn't here, but if Bullish pops in, I'll press him, although I think he'll comply.
This logic is what makes it good strategybfornscum to just ignore the dp. Is that a strategy we should reward?
Inactives get pushed too. Here, watch this: VTL Banana.
Casey_Risk
Debates: 3
Casey_Risk
Votes:

Owen (1/6): Earth
Bullish (1/6): Pie
Wylted (1/6): Wylted
Banana (1/6): Cerulean

Here's looking at you, kid.
-- Rick Blaine, Casablanca 
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
Cerulean is really powerful this game. I think it'll be in our best interests if he's protected this night at least.
Earth
Earth
Oh yeah my vote. Unvote
Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@Earth

Cerulean is really powerful this game.
..Do you mean Bullish? I mean, I would love to believe I'm "powerful" in any capacity, but I haven't talked about my role at all.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Bullish
There's a stipulation that I personally could not have voted for the person I'm going to pardon. Also I can't pardon myself. So it's functionally disabled at lylo.
Can you explain how that means it's disabled at LYLO? 
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
If Cerulean is softing what I think he's softing, I think it's very likely that both he and Bullish are real. Just from a setup design POV.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
I don't really like Wylted pushing inactives, it's not inherently a bad thing but it's not a substitute for scum hunting and solving like he seems to be implying.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
My personal philosophy is to just pressure the active players during the day and use night actions to resolve lurkers - basically not letting anyone skip through. The problem is that solely pushing lurkers during the day doesn't generate discussion and allows active scum players to pretty much just skate by with zero problems.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
I liked Earth's recent series of posts but I'll refrain from elaborating too much. I have Cerulean as town too. I think Bullish is town?

Rereading through the day, Luna is a bit towny for not trying to imitate his town aggressiveness. 

whiteflame still around null.

I have a FoS on Wylted. I don't like post 100, again as I said it seems a bit performative to seem like he's solving. Usually when I see people pressure lurkers, it's just a straight-up pressure vote.

Post 102 also seems like he's trying too hard to look town, like he's not afraid to get lynched (which obviously has no impact if it's just testing Bullish's role.)

VTL Wylted
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
Votes:

Wylted (2/6): Wylted, Austin 
Bullish (1/6): Pie
Banana (1/6): Cerulean

Alright Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my closeup. 
-- Norma Desmond, Sunset Boulevard 

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@AustinL0926
Apologies for my absence. This week's been slammed at work and I just haven't had the time I'd like to post. I can see your point about WyIted, though I'll have to read back through his posts to see if I agree with you that there's something amiss. I've become averse myself to putting lots of pressure on inactives, since that's often led us down the path to a mislynch. That being said, I don't think this is the first time he's done this, whether as scum or town.
Earth
Earth
-->
@Cerulean
I did in fact mean Bullish. Sorry about that.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
Roughly 24 hours remain in the DP. 
Earth
Earth
We need to start thinking of a lynch. I'm fine with one of the inactive, but I'm okay with anyone who isn't Cerulean or Bullish.
Cerulean
Cerulean
I don't have any major lynch preferences at the moment- we could use Bullish's ability just to check it and give us some more time to discuss. In particular, so we don't have to shrug-yeet anyone for the sole crime of being inactive.

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Earth
I think Bullish needs to be confirmed TBH and I would like to be lynched to confirm him. It also buys us 72 more hours to figure out the lynch and make a better decision. Not sure why we just don't go for it, does anyone really want hi having the ability to unilaterally override a group decision anyway?
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Cerulean
I like this ideal. Just lynch me and if he doesn't overturn the lynch than lynch him for not confirming himself