Author: AustinL0926

Read-only
Total: 317
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@Lunatic
I think both WF and Pie need to full claim today. 

Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@Earth
I think both WF and Pie need to full claim today. 

I can't wait to hear pie's bullsh1t excuse for not voting as well lol
Lunatic
Lunatic
Also I will claim since I think mafia already guessed my role anyway based on what I said last day phase, and I am unlikely to bait an action from them at this point. 

I am Helios Airway Flight 522, and I am the Ascetic. Basically the pilots died to Hypoxia after thinking the warning lights were a faulty air conditioner, and the oxygen masks didn't come out til too late. This incident led to better designs in cabin designs in the future. The justification for ascetic is that the deaths happened long after their fates were already apparent when the plane crashed due to lack of fuel. Like I had said before it is kind of a loose justification in my opinion, which is why I wasn't agreeing with pie about the strengthener being out of the question because lack of a strong justification. It makes sense to austin at least.

Anyways, I've claimed so there is no reason why pie and whiteflame should with hold theirs especially after their scummy actions last day phase.

whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Moozer325
Okay, right off the bat I’ll clarify what the heck was happening last DP. It struck me early on that Luantic was acting very weird, almost purposefully scummy. I thought about a possible Jester, but then I saw that the game was “a classic 2v7” and I took that to mean that there were no third parties.

The only option was that Lunatic was trying to draw the lynch on to him because he knew he had a really good legacy role. I’ll leave it to him to see if my prediction was right, but I’m about 90% sure about this one. I wish he has tried to draw the NK instead, but that was his call. 

I trusted him enough as an experienced player, so I went along with it. I figured that we we’re almost certainly going to get a mislynch DP1, and if we are already going to mislynch, it would still be nice to get a good legacy role out of that. 

In retrospect, I definitely pushed it too hard, but what’s done it done. Like with all of my screw-ups, you don’t have to agree with my reasoning, but I didn’t do it out of pure stupidity.
So, I'm going to start with this... and honestly, I don't even know what to make of this post because I can't understand your thinking.

You have stated that you have a legacy role that activates on death, likely after an NK. I know that's how my legacy role works, so I'm not sure why you'd believe that Luna could use his legacy role if he was lynched. It also just generally doesn't seem like something Luna was trying to do. I thought he was behaving pretty scummily as well, but if he was actively trying to draw the lynch, he could have done much better than he did. All that aside, when you saw that no one else was joining you on his wagon, I'm not sure why you'd continue to pursue it. What's the point if you're not even able to execute said lynch?

I don't know why anyone, particularly Luna who is the subject of this, hasn't responded to this. It's particularly baffling since Luna has chosen to go after Pie and I again this hard as though Moozer just isn't here.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
Alright, let's move onto whatever this is.

Starting with an OMGUS vote. Love that. I'll get to this when I get another opportunity in my morning.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
VTL Moozer
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Unvote
Earth
Earth
-->
@ILikePie5
And you are silenced, I presume?
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Earth
@Lunatic
@Casey_Risk
I'm having a hard time understanding why Earth and Casey both seem to be buying into what Luna's saying because it's pretty baffling. Luna's straight up ignoring that I said I was coming back before the end of the DP, even gave a clear indication of when I was coming back and what I would do when I did return (I straight up said I was leaning toward a Moozer vote and that I was unwilling to lynch Owen DP1), and that he hammered anyway. If I "didn't want to be implicated in the lynch" as he says, then I planted my flag with well over an hour to spare.

I got online and posted the moment my class was done. You can believe it or not, but I gave you guys a heads up. Also, I find it absolutely baffling that people are scumreading me for posting after time ended. Many of you, particularly this group of 3 people, know how careful I am as scum and at least Luna knows how closely I monitor scum chat because I've been scum in several of his games. In what world would I miss Discord messages and just post in response to a much earlier question from Cerulean? Can someone explain that to me?

Also, let's be clear about this: four people said that there were 2 scum on the lynch. It wasn't just Pie and me, it was Cerulean and Moozer as well. If you guys are going to spend time sussing us like this over our decision to say there were that many scum on the lynch, then explain to me why they aren't being sussed equally.

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Earth
And you are silenced, I presume?
Looks like it. That would explain why scum didn't kill Pie.

Earth
Earth
-->
@whiteflame
I'm sussing Cerulean too. I just think it's kinda odd you would ask wait to wait til the very last moments for you to post your thoughts before the hammer. Why? There wasn't much time left, so what were you planning on accomplishing?

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
VTL Earth

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
Unvote
Earth
Earth
-->
@ILikePie5
Are you actually sussing me?
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Earth
I'm sussing Cerulean too. I just think it's kinda odd you would ask wait to wait til the very last moments for you to post your thoughts before the hammer. Why? There wasn't much time left, so what were you planning on accomplishing?
Why is it becoming a trend for people to mischaracterize what I did at the end of the last DP?

I was very clear what my thoughts were. I wrote up an expansive set of reads and gave my reasoning for my preferences many hours earlier. If you want me to quote those posts for you, I can. I was also fairly clear that I was busy a lot of the day yesterday, hence I got out a lot of my thoughts when I could. 

Yes, I waited (and ended up not having time to) put my vote down on someone, and I’ll note that the reason for that was, in part, that no one else was putting a vote down on Moozer. Many of you moved on from any consideration of his lynch for reasons I still don’t understand. I’m not going to start a wagon on someone who clearly isn’t going to get lynched in the waning hours of the DP. So I’ll ask you: why do you feel I’m sus just for not applying my vote to a nonexistent wagon?
Moozer325
Debates: 19
Moozer325
-->
@whiteflame
I found this from Austin on the first DP post:
Each player's role has two parts - a regular role, and a legacy role. The legacy role will activate on death if and only if that player has met an activity requirement - 25 posts in the previous day phase.
I took that to mean that it also activated upon lynch. Of course, Lunatic has stuck with the shtick, so I’m just very confused at this point.

Like I said, I pushed it too hard. I would have joined the Owen wagon but by the time I got back on he had already been hammered. I know that’s a lane excuse, but it’s all I’ve got.
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@iamanabanana
I roleblocked pie last night. I did say I would be roleblocking one of my scum reads.
Well that sucks because I strengthened Pie. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
So Whiteflame still hasn’t claimed yet, just provided a bunch of wifom about why he missed the vote. Nothing changes the fact about how he was convienently there to be vote either way, and why he let the day phase go so long without letting giving a final thoughts and analysis post beforehand if he knew he was going to cut it close. 

Pie is going to avoid claiming I guess by faking being silenced.

Wf needs more votes. Also I think it’s funny he’s actually fossing me for not omgusing moozer. It’s ironic considering how many people were accusing me of OMGUS last day phase without fully understanding what OMGUS was for whiteflame to say it’s scummy that I am not doing that lol. Yeah moozer is being an idiot but he isn’t this aggressive as scum, I literally just played a scum game with him. Also I still buy his role with all the role prevention being in the game. He’s not town confirmed but until I have a reason to not suspect the two biggest fish right now, pie and whiteflame, I’m not gonna really focus on anyone else. Earth banana moozer and cerulean all seem townier than whiteflame and pie do.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Moozer325
Well that sucks because I strengthened Pie. 
Bro… why the fvck did you do that….
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
So I've been slammed with work this morning - a colleague from The Netherlands is here and we don't see them very often - but I want to get a clear indication of what's going on.

It's clear you have some restriction on your posting and, from what I can tell, it seems that you're Silenced. It's unusual for someone who is Silenced to be able to post more than a couple of times. If you are unrestricted, please VTL the target you think is most sus and unvote. If you are restricted in some way, don't post in response and I'll come back with some analysis of your posts so far later.
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@Lunatic
I picked randomly from my pile of town reads because we didn’t have many claims that had night actions. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@whiteflame
Also the distinction between people who voted two scum vs and you and pie is that you weren’t on the lynch or any lynch. Both you and pie were the largest posters in the game and had no reason not to have had plenty of time to vote. It therefor seems intentional that you didn’t vote on purpose so you could cast stones at the lynch that happened by voting two scum being on it knowing if there wasn’t two scum on it, it would mess with the results and Austin would give us less information. Cerulean and Casey both participated on the wagon and if they are townies have the right to be suspicious of the wagon. The first thing you did when you came into dp2 Whiteflame was say it’s wierd people voted for Owen as if there was really another option besides no lunching at that point. It makes your lack of participation on the lynch even scummier. Again I fully think town Whiteflame (even if busy) is prepared enough to set up his final vote I’ll advance. The way it went down just makes it look so shady. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Moozer325
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@whiteflame
Time for you to claim man
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
Vote count 2.1:

whiteflame (1/4): Luna

The pilots decided to test the limits of the CRJ 'for fun' and join the "410 club," referring to pilots who pushed CRJs to their maximal approved altitude of 41,000 feet... the airplane was pulled up at more than 1.2 g, and the angle of attack became excessive to maintain climb rate in the thinner upper atmosphere... both engines experienced flameout and deactivated... while distracted with attempting to restart the engines, the aircraft rapidly lost altitude and the pilots were forced to make a crash landing, killing all on board. - Pinnacle Airlines Flight 3701

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
Could you give me a second instead of acting like a broken record? I said I'm working and you're still pinging me over and over.

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Moozer325
I found this from Austin on the first DP post:
Each player's role has two parts - a regular role, and a legacy role. The legacy role will activate on death if and only if that player has met an activity requirement - 25 posts in the previous day phase.
I took that to mean that it also activated upon lynch. Of course, Lunatic has stuck with the shtick, so I’m just very confused at this point.

Like I said, I pushed it too hard. I would have joined the Owen wagon but by the time I got back on he had already been hammered. I know that’s a lane excuse, but it’s all I’ve got.
...except, presumably, that's not what your PM says and it's not what people have been saying about their legacy roles when pushed. I get that it's possible based on the OP alone, but you have more information than that with regards to when these things tend to activate.

I have no idea how I'm reading this, but this reasoning is just off and I'm surprised I'm the only one bringing it up.
Lunatic
Lunatic
I only pinged him one time and it was literally only the last post. Interesting that he is reacting that way.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
So Whiteflame still hasn’t claimed yet, just provided a bunch of wifom about why he missed the vote. Nothing changes the fact about how he was convienently there to be vote either way, and why he let the day phase go so long without letting giving a final thoughts and analysis post beforehand if he knew he was going to cut it close. 

Pie is going to avoid claiming I guess by faking being silenced.

Wf needs more votes. Also I think it’s funny he’s actually fossing me for not omgusing moozer. It’s ironic considering how many people were accusing me of OMGUS last day phase without fully understanding what OMGUS was for whiteflame to say it’s scummy that I am not doing that lol. Yeah moozer is being an idiot but he isn’t this aggressive as scum, I literally just played a scum game with him. Also I still buy his role with all the role prevention being in the game. He’s not town confirmed but until I have a reason to not suspect the two biggest fish right now, pie and whiteflame, I’m not gonna really focus on anyone else. Earth banana moozer and cerulean all seem townier than whiteflame and pie do.
OK, so let's start with the obvious:

I'm not claiming just because you have a vote on me. If people want my claim, they can push me. I will say, I softed my claim last DP, so people are welcome to look back at post #420 (nice, didn't even plan that) and see if they can figure it out.

As for this post, I just love how this works. So your argument is that I'm engaging in WIFOM when your whole argument is exactly that. I'm responding to your WIFOM accusations. Nothing you've said so far about my behavior makes me inherently scummy, and I'm noticing that your efforts conveniently leave out large swaths of what I actually posted last DP (including an extensive set of reads and a specific person who I thought should be the lynch) to focus on the one thing I didn't do, and notably, that that one thing was what you, specifically, cut me off from doing. Like, sincerely, what did I have to do to satisfy you here? Post a vote on a non-existent wagon?

Also, what even is this final paragraph? I gave specific reasons for why I'm sussing Luna that he's just strawmanning at this point. I'm not going to address a bad faith response that doesn't even engage with my points. 

Also the distinction between people who voted two scum vs and you and pie is that you weren’t on the lynch or any lynch. Both you and pie were the largest posters in the game and had no reason not to have had plenty of time to vote. It therefor seems intentional that you didn’t vote on purpose so you could cast stones at the lynch that happened by voting two scum being on it knowing if there wasn’t two scum on it, it would mess with the results and Austin would give us less information. Cerulean and Casey both participated on the wagon and if they are townies have the right to be suspicious of the wagon. The first thing you did when you came into dp2 Whiteflame was say it’s wierd people voted for Owen as if there was really another option besides no lunching at that point. It makes your lack of participation on the lynch even scummier. Again I fully think town Whiteflame (even if busy) is prepared enough to set up his final vote I’ll advance. The way it went down just makes it look so shady. 
Great, more WIFOM. Because Pie and I weren't on the obvious mislynch and hadn't actively voted for someone else who definitely wasn't going to be the lynch, we're somehow sus. Luna jumps through a lot of hoops here to try to find a way to make us look sus. I'll note that if we were on other lynch wagons, it wouldn't have changed this calculus (literally, it's exactly the same whether we're on a wagon or not), so Luna is now scumreading us regardless of whether we voted or not. At this point, nothing would have satisfied him beyond us being party to this obvious mislynch. 

As for voting Owen, I'd made myself perfectly clear when I gave out my reads and in direct response to Casey. In both cases, I said I was unwilling to vote Owen. If had gotten to the end of the DP and Owen was the only viable lynch, I would have preferred to no lynch despite what literally everyone was saying. It was a bullshit lynch on a person who at least had a confirmable role, notably something scant few people have claimed to have. You can justify it all you want on the basis that we had no other options, but don't blame me just because you made an obviously bad call.

Also, this is one of several times you've done this and I'm going to call it out directly: this is not the first game you've tried this tactic of saying how you have certain expectations of my behavior and then call me out for not doing them. Hell, this isn't the first game you've ignored large swaths of what I posted, or where you've pushed back this hard on me sussing you and then proceeded to OMGUS me, notably all behaviors I've seen you do specifically to me as scum.

No thanks.
whiteflame
whiteflame
Also, one more thought to add that I think everyone should take note of from Luna:

He called me out last DP saying that I was too readily voting Moozer and that I would be more likely to be, in his words, "passive" and "lazy." Now, he's calling me out for not having voted (again, said I would as soon as my class was done, and Luna specifically was responsible for ending the DP before then), which... I guess doesn't fit my MO anymore? Luna is clearly fishing hard to try to sus me, but he's actively being contradictory with it at this point, and he keeps ascribing a certain playstyle to me that seems to shift with the tides. If you guys are buying this argument (it's literally all over the place) and you can't interpret my claim from where I softed it last DP, I'll claim, but this is just ridiculous.